Author Topic: March 2012 Introduction thread  (Read 2082 times)

Offline MRWILLIA

• Likes Given: 0
Re: March 2012 Introduction thread
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2011, 11:20:00 AM »
Ok March, time to learn a bit about each other...after all we are now quit brothers.. Post like Roll Call:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
March 2012 Quitters:

Username: Wadeperk
first name: Wade
Where from: OR
Married: Nope
Addiction Details: 12 years of a can a day. Started with Skoal and Rooster then went to Copenhagen Long Cut for the last 9 years or so. Started because my friends were doing it, hunting and fishing and baseball and all that. I'm loving quitting with you guys, keep up the good work and good communication, we can all do this.

Username: CoachT
First Name: Tim
Where From: TX
Married: Never have been but working on it.
Addiction Details: 2001-11/26/2011 All types but primarily Copenhagen Long Cut. Anywhere from a can a day to a can a week just depending.

Username: leeron
first name: Ron
Where from: Baytown, TX originally but Navy transplant to Norfolk/VA BCH Virginia
Married: Yes (to a woman, just sayin), also have one 9 year old daughter
Addiction Details: I've been using since I was 15 or 16, so that's a good 28 or 29 years. Skoal (original fine cut, skoal brother) got me started but I've made my rounds...levi garret, red man, cope, red seal, most recently I was using Longhorn Wintergreen Longcut. Hey if you guys havn't yet be sure to read the Jenny and Tom Kern story, use the link on the roll call post. Once your there also look at the guest book and READ Mackenzie's Messages to here father. If you have kids this will have an impact.

Username: Expletive Yes
Name: Richard
Married: Yes with a 1 year old boy
Addiction Details: Working on Day 1. I'm ready for the fight.
Because all of the guys on my baseball team did I started chewing Levi Garrett when I was 18, quit and picked up Copenhangen at 20. 3-4 cans per week, plus general swedish snus for times when a bulge in the lip would get me in trouble.

Username: mhegerle
Name: Micah
Married: no
Addiction Details: Dipping for a yea. Tried quitting multiple times. Started a quit group a few months back and didn't stay quit. I was up to a tin a day and I want to stick with it this time.

Username: macdaddy1300
Name: jamie
Where: Kansas
Married: yes
Addiction Details: started chewing when i was 15, thought it was cool,quit for a
year when I was 20 but started up again and been chewing a can a day every since.

Username: ktb1764
Name: Rob
Where: TX
Married: Yes, with a 16 year old girl and a 13 year old boy
Addiction Details: Started dipping at 15 in little league. Switched to cigarettes in college and kept smoking until I ws 30. Went back to the can, but over the last 10 years, been dipping and smoking. 4 cans/week of Cope and 1/2 pack/day Marlboro Reds. The bitch has had me by the balls for a long time.

Username: apull1
Name: Aric
Where: MI
Married: Yes with our first child on the way.
Addiction Details:Last 5 years dippin' grizz wintergreen. before that started smoking at 18 to 30. I have been a slave for so long I need freedom.

Username: ScooterScum
First Name: Curt
Married: Yes
Addiction Details: 30+ years, 2-3 cans of Copenhagen a day! Thought I was cool like Walt Garrison when I started!

Username: Skeeder99
Name: Chad
Married: Yes, with first child on the way
Addiction Details:
Started chewing when I was 13 because my older brother and his friends chewed. All my friends chewed as well, so it was always easy to get. I'd been chewing Skoal Straight at just over a can a day since I was 16. I've tried quitting one time before, and made it to a month. So I thought I was in the clear and could have just one dip, no big deal....3 days later I was back to my old ways. I havent tried quitting in over ten years, so I'm glad I found this website to help me along the way.

Username: Paulregali
Name: Paul
Where: Oregon
Married: Yes, with 4 daughters
Addiction Details: Dipped since the 7th grade. First chew was a mistake, i was off and running. My chewing has always gone up and down, sometimes a lot other times very little but always daily, but NO MORE.

Username: LiveSimple02
Name: Steve
Where: WI, but stationed in San Diego for the Marine Corps
Married: No
Addiction Details: I started dipping when I was a junior in high school so its only been 5 years for me but that is 5 years too long. Shortly after I started dipping I also began smoking because everybody I worked with did. Over those 5 years I've gone through times where I either smoked or dipped, but most of the time I did both. I never hesitated to go out and smoke and when I got inside to throw in a dip. I've been wanting to quit for a while but given my circumstances, I never could really get myself to commit to it. Being in the Marine Corps has not helped me at all with the tobacco use and for 7 months in Afghanistan, the only time I wasn't using was when I was sleeping or at the gym. Now is my time to quite though.

Username: Cowboy1142
Name: Bryan
Where: Utah
Married: Yes wit 4 kids
Addiction Details: Started chewing when I was 10 thought that all good cowboys did all my hero's
did it so why not me. I've been using 2 cans of Copenhagen a day since. It is time to stop now I don't want to be controlled by a can of chew anymore

Username: MRWILLIA
Name: MARK
Married: YES
Addiction Details: I have been dipping for 13 years and I am ready to get rid of my addiction.

Supporters:

Username: 30yrAddict
First Name: Dale
Where From: NY
Married: yes- 4 children 24, 20, 17, 14
Addiction Details: 33yrs, can a day- Skoal LC Green, Grizzly Green, and Cigars. Started in little league.

Username: Cornholio
First Name: Mike
Where: Ohio
Married, two boys. 9 and 12.
Addiction Details. Started smoking as a habit in 8th grade ('81). Picked up Dip as a dumb ass approach to quit smoking in '02. Kodiak to Grizzly. Quickly turned into can a day. I "quit" before several times. Once I made a year. I know what I'm facing and I fear failure. I've been feeding the nic bitch for 30yrs. It's time for the fat ass whore to die. WE CAN DO THIS, ONE DAY AT A TIME.

Addiction Details: 30+ years, 2-3 cans of Copenhagen a day! Thought I was cool like Walt Garrison when I started!

Username: Tazmed (Taz)
Name: C.J.
Where: Southern Oregon
Married: Yep, along with 9 kids the last time I counted.
Addiction Details: First dip of Copenhagen at 6 years old (from Granddad), started chewing regularly at 10 playing baseball. 34 years later, on June 22, 2011, I tasted freedom for the first time.

Username: Show
Name: Terry
Where: Minneapolis
Married: Twice.....the second time is fantastic. Got a couple of kids too.
Addiction Details: Started chewing in 1984. Quit chewing on my daughters birthday in 2009 with the help of my brother (PbKid) and my cohort in March 2010 - feel free to join us.

Offline Lochi21

• Quitter
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2011, 05:52:00 AM »
Quote from: 30yrAddict
Ok March, time to learn a bit about each other...after all we are now quit brothers.. Post like Roll Call:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
March 2012 Quitters:

Addiction Details: 12 years of a can a day. Started with Skoal and Rooster then went to Copenhagen Long Cut for the last 9 years or so. Started because my friends were doing it, hunting and fishing and baseball and all that. I'm loving quitting with you guys, keep up the good work and good communication, we can all do this.

Addiction Details: 2001-11/26/2011 All types but primarily Copenhagen Long Cut. Anywhere from a can a day to a can a week just depending.

Where from: Baytown, TX originally but Navy transplant to Norfolk/VA BCH Virginia
Addiction Details: I've been using since I was 15 or 16, so that's a good 28 or 29 years. Skoal (original fine cut, skoal brother) got me started but I've made my rounds...levi garret, red man, cope, red seal, most recently I was using Longhorn Wintergreen Longcut. Hey if you guys havn't yet be sure to read the Jenny and Tom Kern story, use the link on the roll call post. Once your there also look at the guest book and READ Mackenzie's Messages to here father. If you have kids this will have an impact.

Because all of the guys on my baseball team did I started chewing Levi Garrett when I was 18, quit and picked up Copenhangen at 20. 3-4 cans per week, plus general swedish snus for times when a bulge in the lip would get me in trouble.

Addiction Details: Dipping for a yea. Tried quitting multiple times. Started a quit group a few months back and didn't stay quit. I was up to a tin a day and I want to stick with it this time.

Addiction Details: started chewing when i was 15, thought it was cool,quit for a
year when I was 20 but started up again and been chewing a can a day every since.

Addiction Details: Started dipping at 15 in little league.  Switched to cigarettes in college and kept smoking until I ws 30.  Went back to the can, but over the last 10 years, been dipping and smoking.  4 cans/week of Cope and 1/2 pack/day Marlboro Reds.  The bitch has had me by the balls for a long time.

Addiction Details:Last 5 years dippin' grizz wintergreen. before that started smoking at 18 to 30. I have been a slave for so long I need freedom.

Username: Ranman126
Name: Randy
Where: NJ
Married: Yup, with two little ones
Addiction Details: 1 can of Skoal every day for the last 20 years, threw out my last can on 12/1/11. Smokey Mountain pouches helping me along the way.

Username: Lochi21
Name: Chris
Where: WI
Married: Yes, with an 8 yr old son
Addiction Details: Started chewing freshman year in college - Kodiak followed by Grizzly.  Tin a day for 20+ yrs. 

Username:
Name:
Married:
Addiction Details:

Username:
Name:
Married:
Addiction Details:

Supporters:

Addiction Details: 33yrs, can a day- Skoal LC Green, Grizzly Green, and Cigars. Started in little league.

Addiction Details. Started smoking as a habit in 8th grade ('81). Picked up Dip as a dumb ass approach to quit smoking in '02. Kodiak to Grizzly. Quickly turned into can a day. I "quit" before several times. Once I made a year. I know what I'm facing and I fear failure. I've been feeding the nic bitch for 30yrs. It's time for the fat ass whore to die. WE CAN DO THIS, ONE DAY AT A TIME.

Update

Offline ranman126

• Quitter
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2011, 05:18:00 AM »
Quote from: 30yrAddict
March 2012 Quitters:

Addiction Details: Started dipping at 15 in little league. Switched to cigarettes in college and kept smoking until I ws 30. Went back to the can, but over the last 10 years, been dipping and smoking. 4 cans/week of Cope and 1/2 pack/day Marlboro Reds. The bitch has had me by the balls for a long time.

Username: Ranman126
Name: Randy
Where: NJ
Married: Yup, with two little ones
Addiction Details: 1 can of Skoal every day for the last 20 years, threw out my last can on 12/1/11. Smokey Mountain pouches helping me along the way.

Username:
Name:
Married:
Addiction Details:

Username:
Name:
Married:
Addiction Details:

Username:
Name:
Married:
Addiction Details:

Supporters:

Update

Offline steve1357

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Browns, Indians, Buckeyes.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2011, 07:32:00 PM »
Quote from: This_Is_Impossible
IS this how we do roll call?
T.I.I

This is WHERE you post roll

This is HOW you post roll

This is WHY you post roll

Let me know if you have any questions

Offline This_Is_Impossible

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2011, 06:43:00 PM »
Quote from: MattMc
March 2012 Quitters:

Username: This_Is_Impossible
First Name: Brandon
Where From: KS
Married: Yep
Addiction Details: Dipped for the last 5 years and quit on 12-02-11. Went through a can a day, Grizzly WG longcut. Hear to win (but it sucks)

Username: crf0118rider
Name: Jeff
Where: GA
Married: Someday soon
Addiction Details: I started about 3 years ago. I was a casual user then, I would dip when I had the chance. I started with Griz Mint and after about a yr of dipping when I got a chance to I progressed in to about a can every day or 2. Was dipping Copenhagen straight for the last 2 yrs. DAY 1 and I'm already loving the idea of being quit!

Username: evilmm
Name: Garrett
Where: Michigan
Addiction Details: 6+ years, started in college to help focus but quickly turned into a can a day. Quit for me was Dec 4th at 1100 EST.

Username: DeckedtheGnome
Where: Illinois
Married: Yes, for 3 years
Addiction Details: on and off for 6 years, a can every day or two. Skoal Mint. Mother was diagnosed with oral cancer last month and since then been building up for the time to quit and that'd be now.

Username: 1111cert
Name: Rory
Where: ny
Married: yes, 8 years, 3 kids
Addiction Details:started at 15 or 16 years old, skoal straight and mint, cope long cut, and grizzly mint. 3/4 of a can a day, tried to quit 3 times before lasted 3 months each time.

username;agnisudhanshu
first name;sudhanshu
where from;india
age; 32y
married ; yes 3 yrs 1 kid
addiction; since last 8 yrs . its called a paan masala here in india. u c in our country the most common cancer among males is not the lung or prostrate ...its the oral cancer..... i have known it for long but for a long time i never thought i was an addict....

Username: MattMc
Name: Matt
Where: CO
Married: Yes - 2 kids
Addiction Details: Started in high school and had a long quit for about 10 years and started up again about 8 years ago. Father-in-law had mouth cancer and surgery this year. Want to quit for good this time and figured misery loves company!
Username:
Name:
Married:
Addiction Details:

Supporters:

IS this how we do roll call?

Offline MattMc

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2011, 04:38:00 PM »
March 2012 Quitters:

Addiction Details: Dipped for the last 5 years and quit on 12-02-11. Went through a can a day, Grizzly WG longcut. Hear to win (but it sucks)

Addiction Details: I started about 3 years ago. I was a casual user then, I would dip when I had the chance. I started with Griz Mint and after about a yr of dipping when I got a chance to I progressed in to about a can every day or 2. Was dipping Copenhagen straight for the last 2 yrs. DAY 1 and I'm already loving the idea of being quit!

Addiction Details: 6+ years, started in college to help focus but quickly turned into a can a day. Quit for me was Dec 4th at 1100 EST.

Addiction Details: on and off for 6 years, a can every day or two. Skoal Mint. Mother was diagnosed with oral cancer last month and since then been building up for the time to quit and that'd be now.

Addiction Details:started at 15 or 16 years old, skoal straight and mint, cope long cut, and grizzly mint. 3/4 of a can a day, tried to quit 3 times before lasted 3 months each time.

username;agnisudhanshu
first name;sudhanshu
where from;india
age; 32y
addiction; since last 8 yrs . its called a paan masala here in india. u c in our country the most common cancer among males is not the lung or prostrate ...its the oral cancer..... i have known it for long but for a long time i never thought i was an addict....

Username: MattMc
Name: Matt
Where: CO
Married: Yes - 2 kids
Addiction Details: Started in high school and had a long quit for about 10 years and started up again about 8 years ago. Father-in-law had mouth cancer and surgery this year. Want to quit for good this time and figured misery loves company!
Username:
Name:
Married:
Addiction Details:

Supporters:

Offline agnisudhanshu

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2011, 03:17:00 AM »
March 2012 Quitters:

username;agnisudhanshu
first name;sudhanshu
where from;india
age; 32y

Username:
Name:
Married:
Addiction Details:

Username:
Name:
Married:
Addiction Details:

Supporters:

Offline 1111cert

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2011, 12:22:00 AM »
March 2012 Quitters:

Username:
Name:
Married:
Addiction Details:

Username:
Name:
Married:
Addiction Details:

Supporters:

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2011, 11:55:00 PM »
March 2012 Quitters:

Username:
Name:
Married:
Addiction Details:

Username:
Name:
Married:
Addiction Details:

Username:
Name:
Married:
Addiction Details:

Supporters:

Offline deckedthegnome

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2011, 11:05:00 PM »

Offline evilmm

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2011, 10:29:00 PM »

Offline amgdenney

• Quit Pro
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2011, 09:42:00 PM »
Quote from: This_Is_Impossible
This is Impossible,
This is NOT Impossible, look around, we've all done it successfully, sure, it sucks ass, it's hard as hell, but it's not impossible, get in your group, post, you have taken the hardest step, the first one. You are going to have the hardest days yet to come, follow the advice of those who have come before you.
Welcome, the people around you will be your lifeline if you let them.

Offline amgdenney

• Quit Pro
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 09:37:00 PM »
March 2012 Quitters:

Username:
Name:
Married:
Addiction Details:

Username:
Name:
Married:
Addiction Details:

Username:
Name:
Married:
Addiction Details:

Supporters:

Offline This_Is_Impossible

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 09:08:00 PM »

Offline crf0118rider

• Interests: I spend a lot of time with my girlfriend who I love to death! I am a freshman in college, not really an interest. In the rest of my free time I spend most of my time on my dirt bike riding and some times racing on the weekends.
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2011, 02:18:00 PM »
March 2012 Quitters:

Username:
Name:
Married:
Addiction Details:

Username:
Name:
Married:
Addiction Details:

Username:
Name:
Married:
Addiction Details:

Supporters: