Author Topic: My Intro  (Read 678 times)

Offline quark

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-03-23
  • Interests: Biking, swimming, running, reading
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: My Intro
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2015, 09:00:00 PM »
Raising a child in a happy family requires a good partnership between you and your wife, and partnership is based on trust. If you ninja dip, I don't see why she should trust you. Stay quit: your family needs you to be a man of his word in their lives, and your wife doesn't need the insanity of trying to figure out when you are telling the truth and when you are not.

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2015, 05:00:00 PM »
Quote from: ZMO
Quote from: Joliver
I have been a 2-3 can a week chewer for the past 13 years. Major life changes are forcing me to reexamine the importance of quitting. I have sharmefully hid my addiction from my wife over the last 5 years with her "catching me" a few times over the years. The last fight we had was an eye-opener to say the least. I just turned 30, and I am expecting my first child in 2 months. The motivation to quit has never been stronger. I really hope that this forum will provide some much needed strength.
This story hits me close brother. I too found the strength from expecting my first child, but that was just the ignition source. You need to fuel this quit every day the same way we all fueled our addiction.

I quit with you today Z.
Thanks for your words. I like the way you put it.... ignition source. Puts into perspective that I am the reason for me quitting. I just needed a kick in the butt.
Glad you're still with us Z. Get back into October and post roll with us. You posted last night, and you need to post again today. Try to do it first thing in the morning so you take nicotine off the table from the beginning of your day. Quit with you today.

King
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline ZMO

• Quit Date: 2015-07-20
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2015, 04:44:00 PM »
Quote from: Joliver
I have been a 2-3 can a week chewer for the past 13 years. Major life changes are forcing me to reexamine the importance of quitting. I have sharmefully hid my addiction from my wife over the last 5 years with her "catching me" a few times over the years. The last fight we had was an eye-opener to say the least. I just turned 30, and I am expecting my first child in 2 months. The motivation to quit has never been stronger. I really hope that this forum will provide some much needed strength.
This story hits me close brother. I too found the strength from expecting my first child, but that was just the ignition source. You need to fuel this quit every day the same way we all fueled our addiction.

I quit with you today Z.
Thanks for your words. I like the way you put it.... ignition source. Puts into perspective that I am the reason for me quitting. I just needed a kick in the butt.

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2015, 11:21:00 AM »
Get posted up today Z. If you're struggling, let us know. We can help get you through it, but you have to post your promise.
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline Joliver

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-14
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 11:17:00 AM »

I quit with you today Z.
In a moment of weakness, click here.
Quit Date - July 14th, 2015

Was there ever any question on how much I could take?
You kept feeding me your bullshit,
Hoping I would BREAK!

QLFODAAT

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 09:30:00 AM »
Quote from: KingNothing
Z, first of all welcome aboard. Second of all, toss hope out the window. You either do or do not here. That's it, those are your only options. You need to do this for you. The tangential benefits to your family are great, but they cannot be the reason you do this. Quit for you. Quit for your FREEDOM. Quit because you are no longer willing to subject yourself to the SLAVERY you have endured for 13 long years. Take your life back NOW, before it's too late.

Post roll tonight. Keep your promise. Wake up tomorrow and post first thing again tomorrow. Let's go man, ball's in your court. Do you have the cajones to take your life back? Or will you be the next statistic? For your sake, I hope it's the former. Post roll, open yourself up to this site, and jump in with everything you've got. It'll pay off, I'm a newbie, but I'm proof.

King
Post roll your strength will follow in numbers! I quit with you!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 11:44:00 PM »
Z, first of all welcome aboard. Second of all, toss hope out the window. You either do or do not here. That's it, those are your only options. You need to do this for you. The tangential benefits to your family are great, but they cannot be the reason you do this. Quit for you. Quit for your FREEDOM. Quit because you are no longer willing to subject yourself to the SLAVERY you have endured for 13 long years. Take your life back NOW, before it's too late.

Post roll tonight. Keep your promise. Wake up tomorrow and post first thing again tomorrow. Let's go man, ball's in your court. Do you have the cajones to take your life back? Or will you be the next statistic? For your sake, I hope it's the former. Post roll, open yourself up to this site, and jump in with everything you've got. It'll pay off, I'm a newbie, but I'm proof.

King

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Offline ZMO

• Quit Date: 2015-07-20
My Intro
« on: July 23, 2015, 11:29:00 PM »