Author Topic: Quitting  (Read 2264 times)

Offline FISHFLORIDA

• AUG 16' Traumatizer
  • Administrator
  • Quitting MoFo
  • The Adventures of Florida Man
  • Quit Date: 5/24/16
  • Interests: Saltwater Flyfishing
  • Likes Given: 1529
Re: Quitting
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2016, 08:29:00 AM »
Quote from: Zoe'sDad
Day 19 - Feels good to be a level-headed man able to have conflict without having to run and grab my "blankie" weed. In conflict with my wife it feels much better to be able to be clear and passionate without going over the top and being hurtful. I quit with you all today. I don't know if I will use tomorrow but I promise to not use today. Memorial Day PS: Remember, the greatest way to support our troops is to only put them in harms way and/or separate them from their families when the threat to our sovereignty is without a doubt worth the cost in blood and treasure.
I'm honored to b quit with you.
Just one is right back to where you were and where you were was desperately wishing you were where you are now.- Via Flip
"But KNOW that quitting every day means that eventually you'll have to quit on the day Lassie kicks the bucket" - ZAM
My Intro
My HOF Speech

Zoe'sDad

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2016, 08:17:00 AM »
Day 19 - Feels good to be a level-headed man able to have conflict without having to run and grab my "blankie" weed. In conflict with my wife it feels much better to be able to be clear and passionate without going over the top and being hurtful. I quit with you all today. I don't know if I will use tomorrow but I promise to not use today. Memorial Day PS: Remember, the greatest way to support our troops is to only put them in harms way and/or separate them from their families when the threat to our sovereignty is without a doubt worth the cost in blood and treasure.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2016, 03:42:00 PM »
Quote from: Zoe'sDad
Day 18 - Memorial Day Weekend. Really enjoying spending time with family, completely free of mood swings. I would normally be stealing off somewhere (probably the bathroom) to sneak in a ninja dip in order to be level-headed and nice enough to hang around family and friends. Not today! Not this weekend! Free! Truly free! I will remain vigilant. This freedom is one thought and emotion away from slavery. Today is my focus. I will not use nicotine in any way. I will guard against the thoughts and emotions that lead to physical relapse. I quit with you all today!
It only gets better! Doing great. Damn proud to be quit with you!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Zoe'sDad

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2016, 08:41:00 AM »
Day 18 - Memorial Day Weekend. Really enjoying spending time with family, completely free of mood swings. I would normally be stealing off somewhere (probably the bathroom) to sneak in a ninja dip in order to be level-headed and nice enough to hang around family and friends. Not today! Not this weekend! Free! Truly free! I will remain vigilant. This freedom is one thought and emotion away from slavery. Today is my focus. I will not use nicotine in any way. I will guard against the thoughts and emotions that lead to physical relapse. I quit with you all today!

Offline ddodge2

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-04-26
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2016, 11:03:00 AM »
This dad of Zoe is a badass quitter right here for sure

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2016, 07:21:00 PM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
Quote from: Dagranger
You've got this right. We are not in a fight against dip...we are in a fight against ourselves and our addiction, which spews lies and bullshit that make a lot of sense when you are really struggling. Know those lies for what they are, and build your quit one day at a time. Good luck.
I like the fact you used stopped vs. quit. We all stopped many times only to cave, make this you ONLY quit.
Jump on these two's coat tails and hang on for the quit truth!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2016, 01:07:00 PM »
Quote from: Dagranger
You've got this right. We are not in a fight against dip...we are in a fight against ourselves and our addiction, which spews lies and bullshit that make a lot of sense when you are really struggling. Know those lies for what they are, and build your quit one day at a time. Good luck.
I like the fact you used stopped vs. quit. We all stopped many times only to cave, make this you ONLY quit.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 07:40:00 AM »

Offline kubiackalpha

• Quitter
  • Interests: Boobs, Butts (on females)....is there anything else that would be of interest? I can't think of any.
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 07:14:00 PM »
Lots of water and hookup with some fellow quitters. Get involved in this site. Plenty of things to learn and to occupy your mind. It helps get through The Suck. WATER! WATER! WATER! I can't stress that enough. WATER! Some fruit juice is good as well.

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 06:14:00 PM »
Quote from: RNGLock
Welcome aboard. This quit isn't easy, but it's well worth it. Get on over to the August quit group, introduce yourself, post your promise early every day, and get involved. Oh, and I couldn't agree more about the no drinking part.

Read if you haven't yet.

forum/55560/

Link to August Quit Group.

topic/11604982/98/#new

RNGLock Day 88
Congrats on a great decision, Zoe's Dad. Quitting is done ONE DAY AT A TIME. Don't think about tomorrow, next week, next year, whatever. We'll deal with them when they get here. All you need to focus on is what you can control...TODAY, THIS 5 MINUTES. NOW is all that matters. And, you're quit. So congrats!!!

Stay strong, stay quit.

Offline RNGLock

• Quitter
  • Interests: Spending time with my wife and two boys. Soccer and water polo (the sports they played)
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 04:43:00 PM »
Welcome aboard. This quit isn't easy, but it's well worth it. Get on over to the August quit group, introduce yourself, post your promise early every day, and get involved. Oh, and I couldn't agree more about the no drinking part.

Read if you haven't yet.

forum/55560/

Link to August Quit Group.

topic/11604982/98/#new

RNGLock Day 88

Zoe'sDad

Quitting
« on: May 11, 2016, 04:18:00 PM »
12 years, various brands, mainly skoal.

Sick of being a slave to nic.
I am quit.

I have stopped before but always went back. Justified a "reward can" or some dumbass shit reason.

I can't drink during this time. Too risky. It will dull my will.