Author Topic: Time to Quit  (Read 534 times)

Offline Imbiggerthanthis

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Time to Quit
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2010, 08:39:00 AM »
Quote from: 350mck
I think I got it right! ha, thanks for the info bigger.
looks like you got it! welcome!
Quit 11-03-1
HOF2-11-11
When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt

Offline 350mck

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2010, 08:35:00 AM »
I think I got it right! ha, thanks for the info bigger.

Offline Imbiggerthanthis

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2010, 07:45:00 AM »
I am in Feb with you! PM me if you want any numbers or support! Feb is a good group stay strong and use us to help you stay quit!

Step 1 - Find the last Roll Call
Step 2 - Hit the "Quote" button in the upper right hand corner.
Step 3 - Click your mouse ANYWHERE in The bottom Box
Step 4 - Hit Ctrl and "A" at the Same time so it looks like THIS
Step 5 - Hit Ctrl and "X" at the same time so there is NOTHING in Either Box
Step 6 - Click your mouse in the TOP BOX
Step 7 - Hit Ctrl and "V" at the same time to Past the info into the top box AND ADD YOUR info to the bottom of the list
Step 8 - Hit ADD REPLY below the bottom box
Step 9 - Go back to the 1st unread post, pat yourself on the back, and have a beer cause you will not be dipping today.

For a graphical representation of these instructions, please visit http://www.killthecan.org/roll/
Quit 11-03-1
HOF2-11-11
When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt

Offline 350mck

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2010, 07:13:00 AM »
Thanks guys. Day 1, so far so good.

I know I read somewhere about how to post roll call in the quit groups, and now I can't find that link. Could anyone direct me there? I don't want to mess it up, ha.

Offline mule

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 01/03/2008
  • Interests: Georgia Bulldawgs, hunting, fishing, coaching sports for kids
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 08:20:00 AM »
congrats and welcome.

you're a lot smarter than me.....it took me 30 years....and many failed attempts....

Read, read, read and read some more. Roll Call is sacred.....Post our promise each morning and keep your word.....do not trade your integrity to your addiction for any reason.

sing out if i can help you

Offline rock642

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 08:19:00 AM »
HOF February 2011 HOF Class, Quit Date: 10/25/2010 - 11/21/2010

Is the spot for you.

Just come here and post your word everyday just for that day not to take NIC BITCH into you mouth. We all do this one day at a time!
Quit Date: 11/12/10

Offline tarpon17

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 06:45:00 AM »
welcome 350.

Good reasons, but are they really enough? Just sayin. You gotta be strong to do this. You've read a lot of stuff about guys starting, but you need to join, post in Feb 2010 and read about the daily struggle. It aint easy.

So much for doom  gloom, its the best decision you've ever made! Plus the ladies will dig you more and Seth thinks its added 3 inches to his junk. Not sure about that, but read up, make a plan, and meet your new buds in Feb, all a bunch of kick ass quitters.

tarpon

Offline 350mck

Time to Quit
« on: November 20, 2010, 06:11:00 AM »
Hi everyone.

I have read a number of stories about people from here who have quit dipping after 20+ years of the habit, and while I have only been dipping for about a year and a half, I know I have to quit.

I started two summers ago when I took my lunch break with some friends from work who all liked to sit around after their meal and have a dip. They said it was a great way to take the edge off, so I tried it. I had to agree with them, it really did make my day go easier. Then of course instead of just bumming a pinch off of a friend, I started buying my own, and here I am now, going through a can a day easily; dipping from first thing in the morning until last thing before bed.

I would like to post some of the reasons for me to quit here, if only for me to come back and remind myself later.

-I'm 21, and it certainly isn't the most attractive thing to see a 21 year old guy dipping, and I'm sure it has caused some problems for me personally and professionally, even though coworkers or prospective lady friends wouldn't have out right said it.
-My mom just recovered from breast cancer, and I feel almost like I am insulting her struggle by doing something that might some day give me cancer.
-I can't afford it! Last night I had to make the decision between making sure my gas tank was full so I could make the drive home to visit my parents, and getting another can. Unfortunately I chose the can, and I bet I'll end up scraping change together to make sure I have enough gas to get me to their house.

I guess that's enough for now. I've tried to quit a few times with no real plan and I've only made it a day or two at most. All I can really hope for is to do better this time. So... begin day 1. Here I go.

Thanks.