Author Topic: WTF?!  (Read 2006 times)

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: WTF?!
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2012, 01:21:00 AM »
Quote from: boog1964
Much better day today. I've been so screwed up I was unsure about how many days I've been quit. Thanks to my BOTQ and my wife. The BOTQ for doing what they do and my wife for reminding me that part of my rage was due to some steroids I was on (legit) and not just the nic bitch. That little bit of encouragement was huge.
Wow! That connection your wife made with the steroids clicked with me! My early rage was really wild, I had started on some steroids a couple weeks before I quit and hadn't made that connection. I'm sure that was part of my rage.
The quit becomes easier soon and then time starts passing fast and becomes easier. Always have your contact #'s close and use them!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline boog1964

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2012, 09:29:00 PM »
Much better day today. I've been so screwed up I was unsure about how many days I've been quit. Thanks to my BOTQ and my wife. The BOTQ for doing what they do and my wife for reminding me that part of my rage was due to some steroids I was on (legit) and not just the nic bitch. That little bit of encouragement was huge.
QD 9/9/2012

Offline Grizzly25

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Every and all sports, fishing and hunting.
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2012, 08:07:00 AM »
Quote from: Eric71
Quote from: Dozer99
Quote from: Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat
I've been a can a day dipper for 35 years and today is day 14 of my quit and it's damn near as bad as day 1. I am foggy, hurtin, raging chewed damn near a pound of bubble gum and run through a can of Smokey Mountain. Fuck you bitch! I hate you, you fuckin fucktard fuck!
Foggy at day 14? I'm on day 6 and I know I'm still in the Fog. I don't remember being this foggy this long on my first quit. I can't even remember my work login password to save my life and I use that everyday. I Want the fog in my head to clear. I can't remember $hit...
Stay strong / Stay Quit. I was so dam foggy on day 4 that I forgot to shave before going to work (very manditory at work). havn't done that in over 20 years. Better now on day 14, still get just a little disconected for a few moments.
The fog will lift soon fellas. I was laid up for the better part of two weeks. Exhausted, strung out feeling, unable to focus, angry as a mother fucker, raging at anyone/thing, a veritable time bomb. It will clear, I promise. Use your intros as journals for yourselves. Keep writing this stuff down. When the urges come later in your quit, they will, refer back to these times and entries. Use them to build your resolve and strengthen your quit. PM if you need help or more digits.
The fog will list and then you will enjoy the nic freedom which is way better than the fog!

I will say remember this fog and how badly it sucks it can and usually does serve as great motivation to stay quit!

Keep on keeping on QUITERS!
"Remember you are either getting better or getting worse, nobody stays the same!" Woody Hayes

"Winning! That's all we do around here brotha! Failure is not an option, remove it as an option and the possibilities are endless...." Bruce317 5-18-2012

"...We'll be heroes or ghosts...But we won't be turned around." Wastepanel 6-15-2012

"A QUITTER NEVER HAS TO GO THROUGH THE SUCK AGAIN!" tgafish 6-1-2012

QUIT LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

PATIENCE LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

Quit Date: 2-6-2012
HOF Date: 5-16-2012
HOF Speech

Offline eric71

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Weight Training, Powerlifting, Kettlebells, coaching, fantasy sports
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2012, 05:39:00 AM »
Quote from: Dozer99
I've been a can a day dipper for 35 years and today is day 14 of my quit and it's damn near as bad as day 1. I am foggy, hurtin, raging chewed damn near a pound of bubble gum and run through a can of Smokey Mountain. Fuck you bitch! I hate you, you fuckin fucktard fuck!
Foggy at day 14? I'm on day 6 and I know I'm still in the Fog. I don't remember being this foggy this long on my first quit. I can't even remember my work login password to save my life and I use that everyday. I Want the fog in my head to clear. I can't remember $hit...
Stay strong / Stay Quit. I was so dam foggy on day 4 that I forgot to shave before going to work (very manditory at work). havn't done that in over 20 years. Better now on day 14, still get just a little disconected for a few moments.
The fog will lift soon fellas. I was laid up for the better part of two weeks. Exhausted, strung out feeling, unable to focus, angry as a mother fucker, raging at anyone/thing, a veritable time bomb. It will clear, I promise. Use your intros as journals for yourselves. Keep writing this stuff down. When the urges come later in your quit, they will, refer back to these times and entries. Use them to build your resolve and strengthen your quit. PM if you need help or more digits.

Offline Dozer99

• Quitter
    • www.cottinghamperformancehorses.com
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2012, 05:48:00 PM »
Quit day: 11 Sep 2012.

"....A Republic, if you can keep it." Benjamin Franklin

Offline StrongChair

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 04:48:00 PM »
I'm on day 5 and craving, but not caving. One thing that I have noticed in the past is that every time I relapse it is tougher to stop again. For every failed quit I've had in the past it becomes harder the next time and the symptoms of the withdrawal are harder. It's a vicious cycle only broken by staying quit.
Quit Day 09/20/12
HOF 12/28/12

-- Heart up, head down.

-- "Enough words have been exchanged;
now at last let me see some deeds!" --Gothe

?Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back ... Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now.?

Offline Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Restoring my 220 year old house. I don't have any other interest because I no longer have time for such things.
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 04:03:00 PM »

Offline Tanawei

• Quitter
  • Interests: Jesus, Guitars and Modelo (with salt and lime)
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 01:20:00 PM »
Rage is the only reason I have caved on every attempt. I have always said I could quit if I picked up a valium habit. Would probably be cheaper too. The point is, I don't want any addictions.

Personally I have to manage my emotions each and every moment. I can't let myself lose my temper or become angry because I find it very hard to manage later in the day. It just keeps building. The quicker you vent or do some exercise, or just take a long walk, the better off you will be.

The truth is in the next few hours or perhaps even the next day all will be well again if you don't take that dip.

I guess I never learned to manage my emotions from my teenage years and used the can like a panacea fix all. Its all crap.

Ragin and quitting with you.

Offline dr_jones_25

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 09:49:00 PM »
Quote from: 916quit
Quote from: mich
Hang in there, you will have more ups and downs. I saw you posted roll today, keep it up, once you post roll you can't fail for the day if your word is worth anything. Reach out to some other users here if you haven't, swap numbers with some of your Dec. brothers and call or text them. pm some vets and swap digits while you're at it, it will strengthen your quit. I quit with you!
boy, thought it was just me. 1 week QUIT, 25 year guy

i am on edge cursing like a fucking sailor on leave..... sunflower seeds rock
Keep raging in here. That is what this place is for. It will get better, and this will be the best thing you have ever done. Stay strong, and eat all the seeds you can. I was 1.5 cans a day for 20 years. All my adult life knows is dipping. It's hard as hell, but well worth the fight.

Offline 916quit

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 09:41:00 PM »
Quote from: mich
Hang in there, you will have more ups and downs. I saw you posted roll today, keep it up, once you post roll you can't fail for the day if your word is worth anything. Reach out to some other users here if you haven't, swap numbers with some of your Dec. brothers and call or text them. pm some vets and swap digits while you're at it, it will strengthen your quit. I quit with you!
boy, thought it was just me. 1 week QUIT, 25 year guy

i am on edge cursing like a fucking sailor on leave..... sunflower seeds rock

Offline mich 34

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Interests: reading, hunting, fishing, above all - spending time with the wife and kids (when they are being good!!)
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 09:08:00 PM »
my intro
QD 07-19-2012
Group - Roctober Madmen Post with some Madmen (and women)
HOF 10-27-12 HOF Speech
2nd Floor 2-4-13, 3rd Floor 5-15-13
1 year of freedom - 7-19-2013. Thank you KTC
4th Floor 8-23-13, 5th Floor 12-1-13, 6th Floor 3-11-14, 7th Floor 6-19-14, 8th Floor 9-27-14, 9th Floor 1-5-15

Offline boog1964

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 08:57:00 PM »
Whew! What a difference a raging rant and a few hours makes. Still quit and I didn't resort to real violence. Thanks to this site for providing this bullet to bite on.
QD 9/9/2012

Offline boog1964

• Quitter
WTF?!
« on: September 23, 2012, 06:31:00 PM »
QD 9/9/2012