Author Topic: My name is ChewMonkey...  (Read 441 times)

Offline ChewMonkey

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 8/27/2008
  • Interests: God, Family, Country, Kicking Nic to the curb, and anything outdoors...especially if it involves torque or recoil.
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: My name is ChewMonkey...
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 01:33:00 PM »
Quote from: Bones
Welcome ChewMonkey
Your username is a kick but your Avatar is frickin hilarious!! Holy shit that guys face is rearranged.. hahah
pull up a chair and stay a while..
Bones
Thx Bones!

The avatar perfectly describes my first week (since I started with patch, the withdrawal took an extra couple of days). The fog was so bad for me that I sent my boss a note at the end of the week and apologized for being worthless.

It was bad! But three days from the end of the Nic, the fog lifted and things are still getting better. I keep the avatar as a reminder of how bad the first week sucked and that I will NEVER go through it again.

Really funny thing is...and I have not seen it in any other posts...but there are mental activities that I have always done with Nic that when I do them now it is like I am going them for the first time and they need to be relearned. Physical activities (like golf) improved immediately for me.

CM
2008-04-27 - Quit Date - after 32 years of stupid I realize that I am an addict and can never dance with Nic again.

Offline ChewMonkey

• Quitter
  • Interests: God, Family, Country, Kicking Nic to the curb, and anything outdoors...especially if it involves torque or recoil.
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 01:25:00 PM »
Quote from: 65fl
Quote from: ChewMonkey
My quit started in April and I am on day 97.
I have no plans to give up alcohol, riding without a helmet, and unprotected sex (with my wife that is).
Welcome into August and congrats on that 97. I hope you don't plan on doing all three at the same time.

What do you ride?
2003 Road King Classic. It is a great bike with a windshield that pops off in about 10 seconds allowing me to go from a dresser to a Fat Boy in a flash.

Congrats on your HOF and planned evening! And don't take that blue pill until you are four or five hours into the deed. B)

Do you ride?
2008-04-27 - Quit Date - after 32 years of stupid I realize that I am an addict and can never dance with Nic again.

Offline Bones

• Quitter
  • Interests: Waterfowler, 3 year old bowhunting addiction, fishing- all of it. Old washed up soccer/baseball player. I can bait a hook and untangle fishing line for kids all day everyday..
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 01:14:00 PM »
Welcome ChewMonkey
Your username is a kick but your Avatar is frickin hilarious!! Holy shit that guys face is rearranged.. hahah
pull up a chair and stay a while..
Bones
I am not against golf, since I cannot but suspect it keeps armies of the unworthy from discovering trout. - Paul O'Niel

Offline 65fl

• Epic Quitter
  • Uber Geezer
  • Quit Date: 4/24/2008
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 12:20:00 PM »
I have no plans to give up alcohol, riding without a helmet, and unprotected sex (with my wife that is).
Welcome into August and congrats on that 97. I hope you don't plan on doing all three at the same time.

What do you ride?
Get busy quitting or get busy dying.

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 09:55:00 AM »
Welcome to the site ChewMonkey. That right there is some funny shit!

Offline ChewMonkey

• Quitter
My name is ChewMonkey...
« on: August 01, 2008, 09:32:00 AM »

The short story is that I began a 32 relationship with Nic when I was 12. Like most of you, I stopped a dozen times only to start again. Two years ago I put it down for seven months and was sure that it was under control. So when I was hunting for whitetail deer it seemed reasonable to buy just one pouch and not get hooked again. Well, that decision put me into tail spin resulting in my chewing more than ever before.

In April of this year I quit. Used a patch for three days and dropped into a terrible fog. When it dawned on me that each “step” down would result in the fog again I tossed the patches and went cold turkey.

I have been (and continue to be) a member of another quit smokeless site with a quit group that will start hitting the HOF this weekend. So why am I here??? Well, it is pretty simple, I want to stay quit. KTC has a very active chat site, you get together with each other (State College, PA in November I hear), and quite frankly, being accountable to more is better.

So, I have gone from a three pouch a day habit to zero. I pledge never to chew again, nor will I dip, or smoke cigarettes or cigars. I have no plans to give up alcohol, riding without a helmet, and unprotected sex (with my wife that is).

I am located in PGH, Pennsylvania and consider all of you brothers (and sisters) and trust that I am as welcome here as you are with me.

-ChewMonkey