Author Topic: New member, last chance  (Read 1786 times)

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: New member, last chance
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2014, 04:07:00 PM »
Quote from: golfpro9696
Great HOF Speech!

I'll quit with anyday 12yr!
Ya good speech Grizzlybear. Spot on. Thanks for writing that!

Offline golfpro9696

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-12-09
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2014, 03:09:00 PM »
Great HOF Speech!

I'll quit with anyday 12yr!
Quit Date: 12/9/2013
HOF Date: 3/18/2014
15th Floor: 1/16/2018
1 Year: 12/9/2014
2 Year: 12/9/2015
3 Year: 12/9/2016
4 Year: 12/9/2017

Proud member of March '14 Ironmen

Offline SAM83

• Quit Pro
  • A failure to plan is a plan to fail!
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2014
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Motorcycle Touring, White Water Sports, Cooking/Grilling/Smoking (Food), Anything Outdoors and Go Steelers!
  • Likes Given: 207
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2014, 07:00:00 AM »
Congrats on the 3 digits, the hundy, the HOF mynameisgrizzitÂ’ssunnyoutsidetodayandIlikewafflesandIfuckinghatedipping!!!! After my first three days of posting roll I realized how lucky I was that I chose SAM83 as my user name (I needed the 83 'cause SAM was taken). To funny! Have a great day!

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2014, 04:01:00 PM »
Quote from: jzzyzag01
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: SAM83
Quote from: 12yeargrizzlybear
Thanks guys for the outpouring of support. Today was a pretty busy day at work, which is usually a major trigger for me. Dip made these horribly busy days suck much less, at least that's what I thought. I actually felt pretty good most of the day, chewed about 8 peices of orbit gum but no major craves. Felt a little nauseated when I got home, had a bit of an upset stomach too. This detoxing stuff is no joke! I'm hanging in there though. Safe at home with no cans anywhere (even my emergency can, you remember, that one can with half a pinch left in it you saved for one of those nights you didn't have time to make it to the store on the way home) Got rid of all that crap!

I've never heard the term ninja dip before, it made me chuckle. I definitely was a pro. Steakbomb it's good to know I'm not the only complete jackass giving people health advice with a wedge packed deep in my jowl or "pocket".

My full time gig for the last 11 years is a Paramedic, I do part time personal training as well. I had gotten so used to hiding it that it didn't even bother me anymore how big of a hypocrit I was. I would actually do training sessions with a dip in. Took care of dying cancer patients with a dip in. Splinted broken bones with a dip in. Told people how to make healthier choices with a dip in. Yeah. I was that much of a tool.

Anyhoo, that's enough about me. Tomorrow is another new day. Another day to say nope, not today. 6 days in the books. Bring on day 7.
Keep it up Griz. You're on the right track and you're killing it ODAAT. I'd never heard of ninja dipping til I got here either. However, it's common enough around here it even has it's own emoticon: :ph43r:

Can't do anything about yesterday and can't win tomorrow's battle today. Today you quit and you quit your damn ass off. That's a W. I quit with you today.
Ninja Dipping.....I also found that to be extremely hilarious. It is a perfect description for what I did. I have had to apologize a couple of times this week for snapping back at some folks in the office...."sorry I just quit chewing this week and I am on edge"....the responses of, "I never knew you chewed" just kill me. I quit with all of you!!!
Haha, I too hadn't heard the "ninja" dipper term until I came here. I was like a 007 ninja at home and work. But my car was like a dang ninja exposed. Nunchucks, stars, poison darts, and shit all over that. Could never let my wife take the car. Glad to retire from the ninja lifestyle. Much less stress and lying. I was the Chris Farley of ninja dippers.
...after he pulls the cord on the inflatable vest in Tommy Boy on the plane.

file:///C:/Users/jeremy.CLWL/Desktop/farley.jpg
http://youtu.be/raIdZiSZ970
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline jzzyzag01

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2014, 03:57:00 PM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Thanks guys for the outpouring of support. Today was a pretty busy day at work, which is usually a major trigger for me. Dip made these horribly busy days suck much less, at least that's what I thought. I actually felt pretty good most of the day, chewed about 8 peices of orbit gum but no major craves. Felt a little nauseated when I got home, had a bit of an upset stomach too. This detoxing stuff is no joke! I'm hanging in there though. Safe at home with no cans anywhere (even my emergency can, you remember, that one can with half a pinch left in it you saved for one of those nights you didn't have time to make it to the store on the way home) Got rid of all that crap!

I've never heard the term ninja dip before, it made me chuckle. I definitely was a pro. Steakbomb it's good to know I'm not the only complete jackass giving people health advice with a wedge packed deep in my jowl or "pocket".

My full time gig for the last 11 years is a Paramedic, I do part time personal training as well. I had gotten so used to hiding it that it didn't even bother me anymore how big of a hypocrit I was. I would actually do training sessions with a dip in. Took care of dying cancer patients with a dip in. Splinted broken bones with a dip in. Told people how to make healthier choices with a dip in. Yeah. I was that much of a tool.

Anyhoo, that's enough about me. Tomorrow is another new day. Another day to say nope, not today. 6 days in the books. Bring on day 7.
Keep it up Griz. You're on the right track and you're killing it ODAAT. I'd never heard of ninja dipping til I got here either. However, it's common enough around here it even has it's own emoticon: :ph43r:

Can't do anything about yesterday and can't win tomorrow's battle today. Today you quit and you quit your damn ass off. That's a W. I quit with you today.
Ninja Dipping.....I also found that to be extremely hilarious. It is a perfect description for what I did. I have had to apologize a couple of times this week for snapping back at some folks in the office...."sorry I just quit chewing this week and I am on edge"....the responses of, "I never knew you chewed" just kill me. I quit with all of you!!!
Haha, I too hadn't heard the "ninja" dipper term until I came here. I was like a 007 ninja at home and work. But my car was like a dang ninja exposed. Nunchucks, stars, poison darts, and shit all over that. Could never let my wife take the car. Glad to retire from the ninja lifestyle. Much less stress and lying. I was the Chris Farley of ninja dippers.
...after he pulls the cord on the inflatable vest in Tommy Boy on the plane.
"I am a nicotine addict and there is nothing I can do about it; I am also a quitter, and that, I can do plenty about." - Grizzly25

Today I choose to quit because today is the only day I have control over today. Tomorrow is a new day and when tomorrow is today, I'll control it too, but not until then. I will win this fight with today...

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2014, 03:39:00 PM »

Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline SAM83

• Quit Pro
  • A failure to plan is a plan to fail!
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2014
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Motorcycle Touring, White Water Sports, Cooking/Grilling/Smoking (Food), Anything Outdoors and Go Steelers!
  • Likes Given: 207
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2014, 02:52:00 PM »

Offline jzzyzag01

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2014, 10:43:00 AM »

"I am a nicotine addict and there is nothing I can do about it; I am also a quitter, and that, I can do plenty about." - Grizzly25

Today I choose to quit because today is the only day I have control over today. Tomorrow is a new day and when tomorrow is today, I'll control it too, but not until then. I will win this fight with today...

Offline Doc2quit4good

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quitting since 9/18/13!!!!
  • Quit Date: 9/18/13
  • Interests: Non motorized biking, Geetar, Jazz Music(Not Jazz Flute), Quitting Skoal Forever!
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2014, 09:33:00 AM »

Welcome to orbitland. I still have a stick in right now after 115 days. It never stops helping me. As far as the nicotine helping your bad days at work, you need to study how nicotine works in your body. The only relief you were getting was the feeding of your nicotine addiction. It is an endless cycle as you probably have figured out by now. Nicotine in, relief comes immediately(the feeling of peace), nicotine out craves come right back. Put more in, relief again(feeling of wonder and awe(what a joke)), and , and, and etc. Eventually you will stop having those craves that are physical in nature. As a matter of fact it should be getting cleared of your system soon if not already. Read up on the mental battles next...

http://www.killthecan.org/facts-figures ... f-forever/

Just an example of what is here to learn about... Hey and I am not some badass quitter who has been around a long time here. I am just an addict still learning my way around life without dip. Nicotine sucks the big one!!!! I quit with you just for today!!!!
NO MO SKOAL!!! I MEAN NEVER AGAIN!!!
Real Quit Day 9/18/2013 8th Floor 11/26/15
HOF day: 12/26/2013. 9th Floor 3/5/16
2nd Floor: 4/5/14 Comma Day 6/13/16!!!
3rd Floor 7/14/2014. 3 Years 9/18/6!!!
1 Year 9/17/2014. 11th Floor 9/21/16
4th Floor 10/22/14. 12th Floor 12/30/16
Half Comma 1/30/15. 13th Floor 4/8/17
6th Floor 5/10/15 4 Years 9/18/17!!!
7th Floor 8/18/15. 15th Floor 10/26/17
2 Years 9/17/15 16th Floor 2/3/18
5 Years 9/18/18  17th Floor 5/14/18
18th Floor 08/22/2018  19th Floor 11/30/18

Offline 12yeargrizzlybear

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2014, 10:06:00 PM »

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2014, 08:46:00 PM »
12yeargrizz, thanks for sharing. I too am a master ninja dipping hypocrite. Being a pharmacist for almost 16 years, most of which I've had my hand in retail either full-time or moonlighting the past 8 years. Anyhow, I've certainly told my fair share of patrons the detriments of smoking and tobacco. Heck, I've counseled them on how to quit, why to quit, and where to go for support. What a farce, coming from a guy like me who would throw a dip in the moment the store closed or had an upper lip in all day once I moved into an office job. But, the past is the past. Your story exemplifies why we quit one day at a time and that no matter how many days you are quit, each day for the rest of our lives is an individual battle. I am 29 days into my quit and stories like you help my resolve to understand that I must accept that I can never dip again and I must win this battle every damn day. Damn happy to be quitting with you.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2014, 04:01:00 PM »
Well great intro. I feel like I know you and your pain already. I also sense that you are ready to feel the joy of and confidence that comes from being free.

Welcome. You post roll 100%. Never miss a day. You ninja dipped and that takes commitment and talent. So turn that into making your promise every damn day. That is the price.

Are you a man of your word? Your promise holds more value than chew. Keep your word.

Repeat every "today" and don't sweat what's in store tomorrow.

You do that, you won't cave. Miss roll - you are in danger and risking your quit.
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline wmcatty

• Quit Pro
    • heartoftexasweather.org
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 12:13:00 PM »
Hey Griz, welcome to KTC and nice job of posting roll today. I sent you a pm with my telephone number. Save the number and start getting more. These numbers will be your lifeline when the bitch comes knocking at your door...usually when you are the most vulnerable. Start calling the numbers and I promise you that we will be able to talk you down off the ledge. You can also call the numbers when you have any questions, comments or concerns that you need addressed. You can call me 24/7. Congrats on making the best decision of your life. Wayne
"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

Offline Doc2quit4good

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quitting since 9/18/13!!!!
  • Quit Date: 9/18/13
  • Interests: Non motorized biking, Geetar, Jazz Music(Not Jazz Flute), Quitting Skoal Forever!
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 12:01:00 PM »
Quote from: 30isEnuff
Quote from: Wt57
Quote from: wastepanel
Good morning fellow quitters.

Well I decided to sign up on day 6 of my quit. Ive been here before. I've been as far as 11 months dip free about 6 years ago. Since then I've made several attempts, one lasted 17 days, the other over 90 days. The caves came out of nowhere. My last quit that went from 1/11 to 4/11 I thought I was finally free. Til I drove by that chevron station on the way home with a truck full of mulch to spread, that evil bitch grabbed me when I wasn't looking and told me how much less it would suck to spread all this mulch if I had a dip or two. And just like that I was right back to square one for another 2 years. I've learned a lot about addiction during my years as a chewer. I've learned no matter how long I have been quit I am still and will always be an addict. I must choose every day to not feed my addiction. It may sleep after several months but it will never be dead. And I have done that to myself and it is something I will deal with everyday for the rest of my life. I have accepted that. Ive made my bed, now I must lay in it.

I dipped grizzly wintergreen for 12 years, bout 2 cans per week. I completely hid it from my family during those 12 years. I was so good at hiding it I didn't even have to think about it. I'd dip all day at home and the wife would never know it. Always had a reason to run upstairs real quick after meals or when she went to change the baby. I never got caught and she still doesn't know even now that I am quit. I still can't bring myself to confess to 12 years of hiding an addiction.

I am choosing to quit now for myself and for my family. I am a total paradox in that I am a medical professional and also a personal trainer. I am a very fit 32 year old man, I am looked up to by my peers as someone to seek health and fitness advice from. And yet I have had this dirty secret for over a decade. I am the last person you would think to have such a health compromising habit. And yet, here I am. I am an addict. But I am not ready to lie down and surrender the rest of my life to the little round can of death. I am 6 days in and it feels like this May be my last chance to whip this bitch once and for all. Thanks for reading and for your support. It's good to be here.
This, sir, is one of the greatest "coming to Jesus" moments I've seen on this board, and it was your first post.

Six days rule. Hell, 90 days rule.

But a quit is not something we can rest our laurels on. That's why this place is here. We quit by reminding ourselves every morning that nicotine is not an option. We promise to ourselves and all of our friends that we won't use. All we have to do is keep our word. It seems simple, but sometimes it is not easy.

Don't quit forever. Get through day 6 here. We'll worry about day 7 when we get there.

You can do this.
Brotherhood and Accountability leads to Success. My friend I hid my addiction for 40 years, I got sloppy a couple times and got caught but when I confessed and told my wife of my quit I found I wasn't fooling her most of the time. I know others that have never told their spouse about their addiction or quit, that's an individual choice but telling added to my freedom. Over my 40 years of addiction I had several pauses from 3 years to weeks, I think you are finally at that point of acceptance of how strong this addictions grasp is. I close with my beginning words: Brotherhood and Accountability leads to Success!
Learn to hate the poison for what it really is. Poison.
Learn to hate the industry that has tricked/lied to us generation after generation.
Learn to know what the ads really are. Lies.
Find the truth. We are addicts for life. We quit every day that our feet hit the floor.
Today is no different than day 1000. We do this ODAAT and NAFAR!
It works for me and a bunch of other freedom lovers.
Welcome to the real world. Learn all you can about the nic bitch. Know your enemy because she knows us.
YOU really can do this and "be quit". We were not born with the shit in our mouths.
1 problem + nicotine = 2 problems.
Cheers to You and welcome to the best of your life.
The great news is that you don't have to dip to live. I always thought I did but I found out that all of the things you used to do while dipping happen just the same when you are not dipping. Funny huh? What a joke nicotine is that it gets a hold of us like this.

Post roll in April 14 as soon as you can if you haven't already and enjoy the ride!!!!! Lots of help here!!!
NO MO SKOAL!!! I MEAN NEVER AGAIN!!!
Real Quit Day 9/18/2013 8th Floor 11/26/15
HOF day: 12/26/2013. 9th Floor 3/5/16
2nd Floor: 4/5/14 Comma Day 6/13/16!!!
3rd Floor 7/14/2014. 3 Years 9/18/6!!!
1 Year 9/17/2014. 11th Floor 9/21/16
4th Floor 10/22/14. 12th Floor 12/30/16
Half Comma 1/30/15. 13th Floor 4/8/17
6th Floor 5/10/15 4 Years 9/18/17!!!
7th Floor 8/18/15. 15th Floor 10/26/17
2 Years 9/17/15 16th Floor 2/3/18
5 Years 9/18/18  17th Floor 5/14/18
18th Floor 08/22/2018  19th Floor 11/30/18

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 10:56:00 AM »
Quote from: Wt57
Quote from: wastepanel
Good morning fellow quitters.

Well I decided to sign up on day 6 of my quit. Ive been here before. I've been as far as 11 months dip free about 6 years ago. Since then I've made several attempts, one lasted 17 days, the other over 90 days. The caves came out of nowhere. My last quit that went from 1/11 to 4/11 I thought I was finally free. Til I drove by that chevron station on the way home with a truck full of mulch to spread, that evil bitch grabbed me when I wasn't looking and told me how much less it would suck to spread all this mulch if I had a dip or two. And just like that I was right back to square one for another 2 years. I've learned a lot about addiction during my years as a chewer. I've learned no matter how long I have been quit I am still and will always be an addict. I must choose every day to not feed my addiction. It may sleep after several months but it will never be dead. And I have done that to myself and it is something I will deal with everyday for the rest of my life. I have accepted that. Ive made my bed, now I must lay in it.

I dipped grizzly wintergreen for 12 years, bout 2 cans per week. I completely hid it from my family during those 12 years. I was so good at hiding it I didn't even have to think about it. I'd dip all day at home and the wife would never know it. Always had a reason to run upstairs real quick after meals or when she went to change the baby. I never got caught and she still doesn't know even now that I am quit. I still can't bring myself to confess to 12 years of hiding an addiction.

I am choosing to quit now for myself and for my family. I am a total paradox in that I am a medical professional and also a personal trainer. I am a very fit 32 year old man, I am looked up to by my peers as someone to seek health and fitness advice from. And yet I have had this dirty secret for over a decade. I am the last person you would think to have such a health compromising habit. And yet, here I am. I am an addict. But I am not ready to lie down and surrender the rest of my life to the little round can of death. I am 6 days in and it feels like this May be my last chance to whip this bitch once and for all. Thanks for reading and for your support. It's good to be here.
This, sir, is one of the greatest "coming to Jesus" moments I've seen on this board, and it was your first post.

Six days rule. Hell, 90 days rule.

But a quit is not something we can rest our laurels on. That's why this place is here. We quit by reminding ourselves every morning that nicotine is not an option. We promise to ourselves and all of our friends that we won't use. All we have to do is keep our word. It seems simple, but sometimes it is not easy.

Don't quit forever. Get through day 6 here. We'll worry about day 7 when we get there.

You can do this.
Brotherhood and Accountability leads to Success. My friend I hid my addiction for 40 years, I got sloppy a couple times and got caught but when I confessed and told my wife of my quit I found I wasn't fooling her most of the time. I know others that have never told their spouse about their addiction or quit, that's an individual choice but telling added to my freedom. Over my 40 years of addiction I had several pauses from 3 years to weeks, I think you are finally at that point of acceptance of how strong this addictions grasp is. I close with my beginning words: Brotherhood and Accountability leads to Success!
Learn to hate the poison for what it really is. Poison.
Learn to hate the industry that has tricked/lied to us generation after generation.
Learn to know what the ads really are. Lies.
Find the truth. We are addicts for life. We quit every day that our feet hit the floor.
Today is no different than day 1000. We do this ODAAT and NAFAR!
It works for me and a bunch of other freedom lovers.
Welcome to the real world. Learn all you can about the nic bitch. Know your enemy because she knows us.
YOU really can do this and "be quit". We were not born with the shit in our mouths.
1 problem + nicotine = 2 problems.
Cheers to You and welcome to the best of your life.
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?