Author Topic: New member, last chance  (Read 1783 times)

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New member, last chance
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 10:22:00 AM »
Quote from: wastepanel
Quote from: 12yeargrizzlybear
Good morning fellow quitters.

Well I decided to sign up on day 6 of my quit. Ive been here before. I've been as far as 11 months dip free about 6 years ago. Since then I've made several attempts, one lasted 17 days, the other over 90 days. The caves came out of nowhere. My last quit that went from 1/11 to 4/11 I thought I was finally free. Til I drove by that chevron station on the way home with a truck full of mulch to spread, that evil bitch grabbed me when I wasn't looking and told me how much less it would suck to spread all this mulch if I had a dip or two. And just like that I was right back to square one for another 2 years. I've learned a lot about addiction during my years as a chewer. I've learned no matter how long I have been quit I am still and will always be an addict. I must choose every day to not feed my addiction. It may sleep after several months but it will never be dead. And I have done that to myself and it is something I will deal with everyday for the rest of my life. I have accepted that. Ive made my bed, now I must lay in it.

I dipped grizzly wintergreen for 12 years, bout 2 cans per week. I completely hid it from my family during those 12 years. I was so good at hiding it I didn't even have to think about it. I'd dip all day at home and the wife would never know it. Always had a reason to run upstairs real quick after meals or when she went to change the baby. I never got caught and she still doesn't know even now that I am quit. I still can't bring myself to confess to 12 years of hiding an addiction.

I am choosing to quit now for myself and for my family. I am a total paradox in that I am a medical professional and also a personal trainer. I am a very fit 32 year old man, I am looked up to by my peers as someone to seek health and fitness advice from. And yet I have had this dirty secret for over a decade. I am the last person you would think to have such a health compromising habit. And yet, here I am. I am an addict. But I am not ready to lie down and surrender the rest of my life to the little round can of death. I am 6 days in and it feels like this May be my last chance to whip this bitch once and for all. Thanks for reading and for your support. It's good to be here.
This, sir, is one of the greatest "coming to Jesus" moments I've seen on this board, and it was your first post.

Six days rule. Hell, 90 days rule.

But a quit is not something we can rest our laurels on. That's why this place is here. We quit by reminding ourselves every morning that nicotine is not an option. We promise to ourselves and all of our friends that we won't use. All we have to do is keep our word. It seems simple, but sometimes it is not easy.

Don't quit forever. Get through day 6 here. We'll worry about day 7 when we get there.

You can do this.
Brotherhood and Accountability leads to Success. My friend I hid my addiction for 40 years, I got sloppy a couple times and got caught but when I confessed and told my wife of my quit I found I wasn't fooling her most of the time. I know others that have never told their spouse about their addiction or quit, that's an individual choice but telling added to my freedom. Over my 40 years of addiction I had several pauses from 3 years to weeks, I think you are finally at that point of acceptance of how strong this addictions grasp is. I close with my beginning words: Brotherhood and Accountability leads to Success!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
Re: New member, last chance
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 09:30:00 AM »
Quote from: 12yeargrizzlybear

Well I decided to sign up on day 6 of my quit. Ive been here before. I've been as far as 11 months dip free about 6 years ago. Since then I've made several attempts, one lasted 17 days, the other over 90 days. The caves came out of nowhere. My last quit that went from 1/11 to 4/11 I thought I was finally free. Til I drove by that chevron station on the way home with a truck full of mulch to spread, that evil bitch grabbed me when I wasn't looking and told me how much less it would suck to spread all this mulch if I had a dip or two. And just like that I was right back to square one for another 2 years. I've learned a lot about addiction during my years as a chewer. I've learned no matter how long I have been quit I am still and will always be an addict. I must choose every day to not feed my addiction. It may sleep after several months but it will never be dead. And I have done that to myself and it is something I will deal with everyday for the rest of my life. I have accepted that. Ive made my bed, now I must lay in it.

I dipped grizzly wintergreen for 12 years, bout 2 cans per week. I completely hid it from my family during those 12 years. I was so good at hiding it I didn't even have to think about it. I'd dip all day at home and the wife would never know it. Always had a reason to run upstairs real quick after meals or when she went to change the baby. I never got caught and she still doesn't know even now that I am quit. I still can't bring myself to confess to 12 years of hiding an addiction.

I am choosing to quit now for myself and for my family. I am a total paradox in that I am a medical professional and also a personal trainer. I am a very fit 32 year old man, I am looked up to by my peers as someone to seek health and fitness advice from. And yet I have had this dirty secret for over a decade. I am the last person you would think to have such a health compromising habit. And yet, here I am. I am an addict. But I am not ready to lie down and surrender the rest of my life to the little round can of death. I am 6 days in and it feels like this May be my last chance to whip this bitch once and for all. Thanks for reading and for your support. It's good to be here.
This, sir, is one of the greatest "coming to Jesus" moments I've seen on this board, and it was your first post.

Six days rule. Hell, 90 days rule.

But a quit is not something we can rest our laurels on. That's why this place is here. We quit by reminding ourselves every morning that nicotine is not an option. We promise to ourselves and all of our friends that we won't use. All we have to do is keep our word. It seems simple, but sometimes it is not easy.

Don't quit forever. Get through day 6 here. We'll worry about day 7 when we get there.

You can do this.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline 12yeargrizzlybear

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
New member, last chance
« on: January 09, 2014, 08:49:00 AM »