Author Topic: Just another quitter...  (Read 5561 times)

Offline bubblehed668

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit King
  • "The" Conductor
  • Quit Date: 03/22/2008
  • Likes Given: 658
Re: Just another quitter...
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2021, 09:29:10 AM »
Read something in a book a few days ago that kinda bounced around in my head, and now whatever it turned into is getting pooped out on my keyboard:

The book was a philosophy book about happiness. One of the sections talked about adversity, and how a certain amount of adversity is actually beneficial to being a well adjusted and resilient person.

So that led me to thinking about how by getting ourselves addicted to this shit, we've actually created an opportunity for ourselves. We've created an adversity for ourselves to overcome. Perhaps we will be better than we ever could have been without it.

We have a fight to fight every single day. A fight that matters. A fight that is life and death. A fight for our lives and our souls. It may sound dramatic, but each of us knows that it is true. If we give up, or take a break for a day, or even a moment, we lose.

There have been many times that I wish I never picked up nicotine, but I would not be the same person I am now, and I am proud of who I am now. I'm a quitter.
Yes. Right on. Proud To Be Quit With You.

It's reading things like this that lets me know if the world goes sideways (more so that where we are today), there are some badass folks here I would want on my side. They know how to take adversity, grab it by the throat and kick the crap out of it.

Proud to be quit with you today and always.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline Zombo Funk

• LVL 1
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
    • HOF Speech
  • Quit Date: April 29, 2020
  • Likes Given: 345
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2021, 08:33:15 PM »
Read something in a book a few days ago that kinda bounced around in my head, and now whatever it turned into is getting pooped out on my keyboard:

The book was a philosophy book about happiness. One of the sections talked about adversity, and how a certain amount of adversity is actually beneficial to being a well adjusted and resilient person.

So that led me to thinking about how by getting ourselves addicted to this shit, we've actually created an opportunity for ourselves. We've created an adversity for ourselves to overcome. Perhaps we will be better than we ever could have been without it.

We have a fight to fight every single day. A fight that matters. A fight that is life and death. A fight for our lives and our souls. It may sound dramatic, but each of us knows that it is true. If we give up, or take a break for a day, or even a moment, we lose.

There have been many times that I wish I never picked up nicotine, but I would not be the same person I am now, and I am proud of who I am now. I'm a quitter.
Yes. Right on. Proud To Be Quit With You.

Offline Addictx3

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 3-15-21
  • Interests: Interests: Rock Climbing, Skiing, Hiking, Biking, Running, Woodworking, Gardening
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2021, 10:42:34 AM »

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • LTBE- Quittin since 12/30/20
  • Interests: traveling,Hunting,backpacking, Fully Sending it, working out, reading, God, Motivation
  • Likes Given: 1868
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2021, 11:51:20 AM »
Just bumping this up to bitch and moan a bit...

A part of me feels like all this should be old history by now. I feel like I shouldn't think about it, shouldn't crave it, and certainly shouldn't be getting symptoms and feeling shitty still. I'm 170 days quit. That's almost 6 months.

But I still don't feel great sometimes. Especially the last week or so. I feel lightheaded sometimes, can feel that "throbbing" in my lips that I think is some sort of craving, and have off and on headaches and pressure feelings in my head.

I read that those were normal symptoms of the "Fog" early on, but that shit should have fucked off by now shouldn't it? Does anyone else still remember having stuff like this so late in their quit? Starting to wonder if I've got something else going on.
@Addictx3
Patience my brother. This to shall pass. Think about how much better things are now compared to 4-5 months ago. The cool things is 4 -5 months from now things are going to be 10 times better than now. This crazy math keeps going and going. Don’t get me wrong, the itch stills stops by at times. However, you know it is just an itch and it will pass in a minute or two. This is why WUPP EDD is soooooo important. Protect your quit. 170 days clean is great. Celebrate the positive. Proud to quit with you today!! 'Sing and Drink'

I still feel off from time to time. I just passed the 250 mark. the days aren't nearly as bad or as often as they used to be. You'll get there.

This too shall pass.
100% normal brother. I had a hard 70s funk and also that 200 funk of which you are talking about. from 170-to 200 was rough! but it has been so much easier now its unbelievable! I second keiths statement, man first few weeks are really the worst, 70s funk comes in a scares the shit out of you and makes you rage at everyone than 200 funk where it sucks but you understand it because you have gone through worse and actually know this is your body still healing.  Every set of bad days get easier and easier, does it suck.. yeah... is it annoying.... absofuckenlotly ... is it a small piece to pay for your health and freeing yourself... Its worth everything! every itch/fog/fatigue/rage/crave/fixation/anxiety/confusion all of it is worth being free from the destructiveness of tobacco.
nick-LTBE

my dentist was telling me and I have heard it on here as well, that its totally normal to have any sort of symptom for the first two years. It seems to be holding true for me so far.  I feel 10x better now than I did in the first 45 days, and there is no way I would want to go back to having to start over not with how far I have come and how much like sh*t I felt before the HoF

Thanks for the backup guys. Hard to believe its normal to feel like such a bag-o-dicks so long after quitting. no wonder why so many people don't do it. Not that i really felt better dipping everyday either, but I had something to mask it and it almost gave me an excuse to feel shitty or something? i don't know. I will keep on keeping on. Starting up again doesn't really cross my mind in any serious way anymore, just want to feel better.

bag-o-dicks so long after quitting. no wonder why so many people don't do it. roflmao roflmao roflmao the old bag o dick always a classic. yeaaaa buddy only 15% with a group effort make it out alive after 2 years. Lets be in that percent!
I may not be a smart man, but I know what quit is! -Quitest Gump-
     -Don't plan for the future, Quit for today!-
"The way to get started is to (quit) talking and begin doing." Walt Disney
~you cant plan your quit you just have to do it, both feet free fall.~
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once"
Daily Devotional

Offline Addictx3

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Interests: Interests: Rock Climbing, Skiing, Hiking, Biking, Running, Woodworking, Gardening
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2021, 11:11:33 AM »

A part of me feels like all this should be old history by now. I feel like I shouldn't think about it, shouldn't crave it, and certainly shouldn't be getting symptoms and feeling shitty still. I'm 170 days quit. That's almost 6 months.

But I still don't feel great sometimes. Especially the last week or so. I feel lightheaded sometimes, can feel that "throbbing" in my lips that I think is some sort of craving, and have off and on headaches and pressure feelings in my head.

I read that those were normal symptoms of the "Fog" early on, but that shit should have fucked off by now shouldn't it? Does anyone else still remember having stuff like this so late in their quit? Starting to wonder if I've got something else going on.
@Addictx3
Patience my brother. This to shall pass. Think about how much better things are now compared to 4-5 months ago. The cool things is 4 -5 months from now things are going to be 10 times better than now. This crazy math keeps going and going. Don’t get me wrong, the itch stills stops by at times. However, you know it is just an itch and it will pass in a minute or two. This is why WUPP EDD is soooooo important. Protect your quit. 170 days clean is great. Celebrate the positive. Proud to quit with you today!! 'Sing and Drink'

I still feel off from time to time. I just passed the 250 mark. the days aren't nearly as bad or as often as they used to be. You'll get there.

This too shall pass.
100% normal brother. I had a hard 70s funk and also that 200 funk of which you are talking about. from 170-to 200 was rough! but it has been so much easier now its unbelievable! I second keiths statement, man first few weeks are really the worst, 70s funk comes in a scares the shit out of you and makes you rage at everyone than 200 funk where it sucks but you understand it because you have gone through worse and actually know this is your body still healing.  Every set of bad days get easier and easier, does it suck.. yeah... is it annoying.... absofuckenlotly ... is it a small piece to pay for your health and freeing yourself... Its worth everything! every itch/fog/fatigue/rage/crave/fixation/anxiety/confusion all of it is worth being free from the destructiveness of tobacco.
nick-LTBE

my dentist was telling me and I have heard it on here as well, that its totally normal to have any sort of symptom for the first two years. It seems to be holding true for me so far.  I feel 10x better now than I did in the first 45 days, and there is no way I would want to go back to having to start over not with how far I have come and how much like sh*t I felt before the HoF

Thanks for the backup guys. Hard to believe its normal to feel like such a bag-o-dicks so long after quitting. no wonder why so many people don't do it. Not that i really felt better dipping everyday either, but I had something to mask it and it almost gave me an excuse to feel shitty or something? i don't know. I will keep on keeping on. Starting up again doesn't really cross my mind in any serious way anymore, just want to feel better.

Offline macattack

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • April Thunderbirds 2021
  • Likes Given: 257
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2021, 09:17:20 AM »

@Addictx3

This too shall pass.
nick-LTBE

Quit 12.23.20 | HOF 04.01.21 | 2nd Floor 07.10.21 | 3rd Floor 10.18.21 | 1 YR 12.23.21 | 4th Floor 01.26.22

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: traveling,Hunting,backpacking, Fully Sending it, working out, reading, God, Motivation
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2021, 07:02:30 AM »

@Addictx3

This too shall pass.
nick-LTBE
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once"
Daily Devotional

Offline macattack

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • April Thunderbirds 2021
  • Likes Given: 257
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2021, 08:34:45 PM »

@Addictx3

This too shall pass.
Quit 12.23.20 | HOF 04.01.21 | 2nd Floor 07.10.21 | 3rd Floor 10.18.21 | 1 YR 12.23.21 | 4th Floor 01.26.22

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1633
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2021, 07:48:30 PM »

@Addictx3
Jan19

Offline Addictx3

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2021, 07:03:50 PM »

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2021, 07:07:35 AM »
I've done it before, but this will be the last time.

I've been on Killthecan.org countless times during my countless quits, I figure its time to finally join the forum and do this for real.

I've been on and off with nicotine for about 11-12 years now. Started with cigs, tried vaping-was allergic, switched to dip cause it was easier to hide.

It seems my pattern is quitting for a month or two, then my dumbass brain goes "see you did it!, you can do just a little now." Then I'm back to it again.

Grizzly wintergreen pouches were my jam. I'd do 4 at a time between 4-8 times a day. Why 4? I don't fukin' know... because it was "better" than 1?

Anyway, I'm at 52 days right now. I've had ups and downs over the past month and a half, but the last couple days I feel low as hell. Almost like a hollowness in my head behind my eyes, and just a super shitty attitude. I can still feel my gums and lips tingling and throbbing slightly almost like they are begging for a dip. Does anyone else get that?
Welcome @Addictx3. Is this the first time you created an account on the forum here?

To start, I want to stay that you never quit before. You merely stopped. And this quit won't be your "last time". It will be your first and only QUIT.

Your story is like countless others here. 52 days on your own is pretty impressive. By joining here though, you are committing to posting your promise each and every day right away when you wake up. This is called roll and it's your promise to not ingest nicotine in any form for the next 24 hours. We don't worry about quitting for tomorrow or next week or next month. We quit TODAY. Anyone can quit for one day.

Post roll.
Honor your word.

Not always easy but it is that simple. I'll have to do some math to find your group. I'll post the link here in a few once I figure it out. But once we find your home group, start to network by sharing your digits using the "My Messages" feature in the top tool bar. None of us were able to quit on our own. But together, we are able to succeed. Accountability + Brotherhood = Success. Embrace it. Live it. Breathe it.

Finally (for now), the symptoms you describe are incredibly common at this point in your quit. You have to power through man. Drink water, exercise, reach out to brothers for support. You are in the right place.

Thanks @MNxEngineer

Yes, this is my first account here on the forum. And you are right, I didn't quit, I just stopped for a while.

I'm still trying to figure out my way around the site I guess... I must be retarded, but I really don't understand how or where to post roll.

Also, my quit date is on my profile... 3-15-21, so that puts me in the June 21' quit group: https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16943.0

So i just quote the most recent post and put my date in?

Thanks for the support!

@MNxEngineer  I posted roll in my group (i think) let me know if I fucked anything up.
You nailed it sir. The link I included was titled July but the link takes you to June. Sorry for that confusion.

And you figured it out - you hit "Quote", add your name and day count and promise and then hit Post. If you want to start a new conversation, use the blue(ish) "Reply" button, type what you want and hit Post.
@Addictx3 check your messages for my digits. Much easier quitting with fellow quitters and the support of sister/brotherhood. We all failed on our own. Why not try something different?
i was a grizz green pouch guy for the last 7 years of my addiction. i found it alot hard to quit than the long cut i had a stoppage with that for a year. thats becasue you hit what we call the funk around 70ish days and went back. its real and pain in the ass but with quit brothers and sister they get you past that nasty hump. your symptoms  are normal i had them all. the agitation and pissed off mood bring here to your group or anywhere here. we know its the addiction talking your family and friends do not. keep pushin man its worth everything i promise!

@Addictx3

The advice above is spot on.  I just wanted to say welcome.  Please reach out here or in your group if you need anything. 

Holding the line with you my friend.

~HAG

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2021, 02:09:00 PM »

I've been on Killthecan.org countless times during my countless quits, I figure its time to finally join the forum and do this for real.

I've been on and off with nicotine for about 11-12 years now. Started with cigs, tried vaping-was allergic, switched to dip cause it was easier to hide.

It seems my pattern is quitting for a month or two, then my dumbass brain goes "see you did it!, you can do just a little now." Then I'm back to it again.

Grizzly wintergreen pouches were my jam. I'd do 4 at a time between 4-8 times a day. Why 4? I don't fukin' know... because it was "better" than 1?

Anyway, I'm at 52 days right now. I've had ups and downs over the past month and a half, but the last couple days I feel low as hell. Almost like a hollowness in my head behind my eyes, and just a super shitty attitude. I can still feel my gums and lips tingling and throbbing slightly almost like they are begging for a dip. Does anyone else get that?
Welcome @Addictx3. Is this the first time you created an account on the forum here?

To start, I want to stay that you never quit before. You merely stopped. And this quit won't be your "last time". It will be your first and only QUIT.

Your story is like countless others here. 52 days on your own is pretty impressive. By joining here though, you are committing to posting your promise each and every day right away when you wake up. This is called roll and it's your promise to not ingest nicotine in any form for the next 24 hours. We don't worry about quitting for tomorrow or next week or next month. We quit TODAY. Anyone can quit for one day.

Post roll.
Honor your word.

Not always easy but it is that simple. I'll have to do some math to find your group. I'll post the link here in a few once I figure it out. But once we find your home group, start to network by sharing your digits using the "My Messages" feature in the top tool bar. None of us were able to quit on our own. But together, we are able to succeed. Accountability + Brotherhood = Success. Embrace it. Live it. Breathe it.

Finally (for now), the symptoms you describe are incredibly common at this point in your quit. You have to power through man. Drink water, exercise, reach out to brothers for support. You are in the right place.

Thanks @MNxEngineer

Yes, this is my first account here on the forum. And you are right, I didn't quit, I just stopped for a while.

I'm still trying to figure out my way around the site I guess... I must be retarded, but I really don't understand how or where to post roll.

Also, my quit date is on my profile... 3-15-21, so that puts me in the June 21' quit group: https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16943.0

Thanks for the support!

@MNxEngineer  I posted roll in my group (i think) let me know if I fucked anything up.
You nailed it sir. The link I included was titled July but the link takes you to June. Sorry for that confusion.

And you figured it out - you hit "Quote", add your name and day count and promise and then hit Post. If you want to start a new conversation, use the blue(ish) "Reply" button, type what you want and hit Post.
@Addictx3 check your messages for my digits. Much easier quitting with fellow quitters and the support of sister/brotherhood. We all failed on our own. Why not try something different?
i was a grizz green pouch guy for the last 7 years of my addiction. i found it alot hard to quit than the long cut i had a stoppage with that for a year. thats becasue you hit what we call the funk around 70ish days and went back. its real and pain in the ass but with quit brothers and sister they get you past that nasty hump. your symptoms  are normal i had them all. the agitation and pissed off mood bring here to your group or anywhere here. we know its the addiction talking your family and friends do not. keep pushin man its worth everything i promise!
Daily Devotional

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1633
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2021, 01:43:19 PM »

Post roll.
Honor your word.

Thanks @MNxEngineer

Thanks for the support!

Jan19

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4333
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2021, 12:41:11 PM »

Post roll.
Honor your word.

Thanks @MNxEngineer

Thanks for the support!

Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline Addictx3

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2021, 12:31:45 PM »

Post roll.
Honor your word.

Thanks @MNxEngineer

Thanks for the support!