Author Topic: Day 1  (Read 10372 times)

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1619
Re: 2 Years
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2022, 07:04:00 AM »
It's funny. As I type this very post, I'm sitting in the same chair, in the same office as I was at the moment I decided to quit 2 years ago today. I remember having my last dose of poison the night before (last dip out of the can). On the way to work that morning, I decided not to stop by the convenience store and get a can. I had been wrestling with the idea to quit for sometime before that, but something was different about that morning, I knew that if I could skip that morning dip, I would have a chance on at least making it that one day without it. Boy, that choice to forego the convenience store was the best decision I have ever made! 732 days later I'm still clean from that poison! Praise God. 01/09/20 was the last day nicotine had its grips on my mind and soul. Thank you KTC brethren for all of the support and accountability.

To anyone reading this still using nicotine, please do yourself, your family, and your friends a favor and STOP. Just STOP. STOP buying cans, just STOP making excuses, just STOP being weak. Here at KTC we've all been through the ringer in giving up one of the most addictive substances known to man. We all had our pathetic excuses and reasons to keep using, but you know what? We have gritted our teeth and fought, and will keep fighting till the end.

Although it is a tough battle, it is a GOOD battle. It is better to struggle, than just give up and lose the fight to a dead plant in a can. A dead plant in a can that was manufactured to get you addicted and spend your health/money on it until you die. Do you really wanna be Big Tobacco's pawn? JUST STOP. It is that simple.

To anyone reading who follows Jesus, "'I have the right to do anything,' you say – but not everything is beneficial. 'I have the right to do anything'– but I will not be mastered by anything." Thank you Jesus for allowing this sin to be washed away with repentance from this garbage. To God be the glory, always.

If you can't say no to it, IT OWNS YOU.

Here's to another year of quit with you fine gentlemen.

-Chaston PTBQWYT

Congrats @AwakenedOne on 2 years. Proud to quit with you.
Jan19

Offline AwakenedOne

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Proud Member of the April 2020 Cobra Kai Quit Dojo
  • Quit Date: 01/10/2020
  • Interests: Fearing God, Following Jesus, The Bible, my wife and kids, helping others, Texas A&M Aggies football, playing guitar, golf, guns, playing pick-up basketball, camping, fishing, quitting both nicotine and recreational cannabis
  • Likes Given: 598
2 Years
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2022, 10:20:12 AM »
It's funny. As I type this very post, I'm sitting in the same chair, in the same office as I was at the moment I decided to quit 2 years ago today. I remember having my last dose of poison the night before (last dip out of the can). On the way to work that morning, I decided not to stop by the convenience store and get a can. I had been wrestling with the idea to quit for sometime before that, but something was different about that morning, I knew that if I could skip that morning dip, I would have a chance on at least making it that one day without it. Boy, that choice to forego the convenience store was the best decision I have ever made! 732 days later I'm still clean from that poison! Praise God. 01/09/20 was the last day nicotine had its grips on my mind and soul. Thank you KTC brethren for all of the support and accountability.

To anyone reading this still using nicotine, please do yourself, your family, and your friends a favor and STOP. Just STOP. STOP buying cans, just STOP making excuses, just STOP being weak. Here at KTC we've all been through the ringer in giving up one of the most addictive substances known to man. We all had our pathetic excuses and reasons to keep using, but you know what? We have gritted our teeth and fought, and will keep fighting till the end.

Although it is a tough battle, it is a GOOD battle. It is better to struggle, than just give up and lose the fight to a dead plant in a can. A dead plant in a can that was manufactured to get you addicted and spend your health/money on it until you die. Do you really wanna be Big Tobacco's pawn? JUST STOP. It is that simple.

To anyone reading who follows Jesus, "'I have the right to do anything,' you say – but not everything is beneficial. 'I have the right to do anything'– but I will not be mastered by anything." Thank you Jesus for allowing this sin to be washed away with repentance from this garbage. To God be the glory, always.

If you can't say no to it, IT OWNS YOU.

Here's to another year of quit with you fine gentlemen.

-Chaston PTBQWYT
 INTRODUCTION | H.O.F SPEECH | H.O.F WRITE-UP
Q u i t : 1 / 1 0 / 2 0 | H O F : 4 / 1 8 / 2 0 | F 2 : 7 / 2 7 / 2 0 | F 3 : 1 1 / 4 / 2 0 | Y 1 : 0 1 / 1 0 / 2 1 | F 4 : 0 2 / 1 2 / 2 1 | F 5 : 0 5 / 2 3 / 2 1 | F 6 :  8 / 31 / 2 1 | F 7 : 1 2 / 9 / 2 1 | Y 2 : 0 1 / 1 0 / 2 2 | F 8: 0 3 / 1 9 / 2 2  | F 9: 6 / 2 7 / 2 2 | 1 K 1 0 / 0 5 / 2 2 | Y 3 : 0 1 / 1 0 / 2 3 | F 1 1 :  0 1 / 1 3 / 2 3 | F 1 2 :  0 4 / 2 3 / 2 3 | F 1 3 :  0 8 / 0 1 / 2 3 | F 1 4 :  1 1 / 0 9 / 2 3 Y 4 : 0 1 / 1 0 / 2 4 | F 1 5 :  ( i n  p r o g r e s s )
P R O V E R B S  3 : 5 - 6 | R O M A N S  1 2 : 1 - 2 | 1  C O R I N T H I A N S 1 3 : 1 - 1 3 | C O L O S S I A N S  3 : 1 2 - 1 4

A      W      A      K      E      N       E      D
T  O    T  H  E    E  V  I  L  S    O  F    N  I  C  O  T  I  N  E    &    A  D  D  I  C  T  I  O  N
M  A  D  E    P  O  W  E  R  F  U  L    B  Y  J E S U S
T  H  E    H  O  L  Y
O    N    E

Offline AwakenedOne

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Interests: Fearing God, Following Jesus, The Bible, my wife and kids, helping others, Texas A&M Aggies football, playing guitar, golf, guns, playing pick-up basketball, camping, fishing, quitting both nicotine and recreational cannabis
Post-up today!
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2021, 12:10:27 PM »
To the multiple guests viewing, there is no better time to quit than right now. Spit it out, flush your stash, and post roll.

Don't push off until tomorrow, tomorrow never comes!

Day 573, Free
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 12:13:32 PM by AwakenedOne »
Q u i t : 1 / 1 0 / 2 0 | H O F : 4 / 1 8 / 2 0 | F 2 : 7 / 2 7 / 2 0 | F 3 : 1 1 / 4 / 2 0 | Y 1 : 0 1 / 1 0 / 2 1 | F 4 : 0 2 / 1 2 / 2 1 | F 5 : 0 5 / 2 3 / 2 1 | F 6 :  8 / 31 / 2 1 | F 7 : 1 2 / 9 / 2 1 | Y 2 : 0 1 / 1 0 / 2 2 | F 8: 0 3 / 1 9 / 2 2  | F 9: 6 / 2 7 / 2 2 | 1 K 1 0 / 0 5 / 2 2 | Y 3 : 0 1 / 1 0 / 2 3 | F 1 1 :  0 1 / 1 3 / 2 3 | F 1 2 :  0 4 / 2 3 / 2 3 | F 1 3 :  0 8 / 0 1 / 2 3 | F 1 4 :  1 1 / 0 9 / 2 3 Y 4 : 0 1 / 1 0 / 2 4 | F 1 5 :  ( i n  p r o g r e s s )
P R O V E R B S  3 : 5 - 6 | R O M A N S  1 2 : 1 - 2 | 1  C O R I N T H I A N S 1 3 : 1 - 1 3 | C O L O S S I A N S  3 : 1 2 - 1 4

T  O    T  H  E    E  V  I  L  S    O  F    N  I  C  O  T  I  N  E    &    A  D  D  I  C  T  I  O  N
T  H  E    H  O  L  Y
O    N    E

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
Re: Thoughts at 500
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2021, 11:56:46 AM »
All glory to God in this quit, none for myself. Here's my thoughts at the 500 milestone.

On day 1, I never thought I would have made it this far. Before I go any further, I have to acknowledge that 500 is just a number and in all essence I'm on day 1 right now (as we all are). So much has happened over the past 500 days, both in the world and in my personal life. Looking back and knowing I made it through everything, both the good times and the bad (dip is enjoyed in both scenarios, as we all know) without the cancer dirt is so promising as to what the future holds for my quit. The fact that I can navigate through life without being led by a plastic puck with a tin lid makes me happy. Happy. Instead of chasing my next dose of poison, quitting has allowed me to chase what's truly important, which is Jesus. I was never able to see it until I quit, that I was being led to the grave both spiritually and physically by the can. Yes, I still have cravings now and again, but they are easily quelled at this point. The brotherhood and accountability this site offers, is life-changing and saving. In this with y'all until I breathe my last breath. If one day I stop posting, it will not be not because I caved and am hiding in shame, it will be because I have left this Earth. Thanks to my KTC brothers for holding me accountable. Most importantly, all praise and glory to Jesus, and God the Father.

Here' to another 500 with ya'll.

N A F A R!
Congrats brother. Look forward to continuing this journey with you.
Jan19

Offline AwakenedOne

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
Thoughts at 500
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2021, 11:12:56 AM »
All glory to God in this quit, none for myself. Here's my thoughts at the 500 milestone.

On day 1, I never thought I would have made it this far. Before I go any further, I have to acknowledge that 500 is just a number and in all essence I'm on day 1 right now (as we all are). So much has happened over the past 500 days, both in the world and in my personal life. Looking back and knowing I made it through everything, both the good times and the bad (dip is enjoyed in both scenarios, as we all know) without the cancer dirt is so promising as to what the future holds for my quit. The fact that I can navigate through life without being led by a plastic puck with a tin lid makes me happy. Happy. Instead of chasing my next dose of poison, quitting has allowed me to chase what's truly important, which is Jesus. I was never able to see it until I quit, that I was being led to the grave both spiritually and physically by the can. Yes, I still have cravings now and again, but they are easily quelled at this point. The brotherhood and accountability this site offers, is life-changing and saving. In this with y'all until I breathe my last breath. If one day I stop posting, it will not be not because I caved and am hiding in shame, it will be because I have left this Earth. Thanks to my KTC brothers for holding me accountable. Most importantly, all praise and glory to Jesus, and God the Father.

Here' to another 500 with ya'll.

N A F A R!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 11:15:55 AM by AwakenedOne »

T  H  E    H  O  L  Y
O    N    E

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2012
Re: Day 1
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2021, 04:17:04 PM »
In the process of moving currently. So I'm going through a kitchen cabinet above the fridge and my hand comes across an odd feeling object. I grab it and what do you know, it was my old vape! (yes, I was one of those d-baggers at one time  :o) The vape tank was still full, almost like it was whispering in a fairy princess voice "just take a drag...you know you want to!" Without any hesitation I threw that hunk of metal in the trash and said, "nope, not today nicotine." Without KTC I would have most definitely taken a drag for old times sake, that is where the line is drawn. Another victory.

Chaston: 1 Nicotine: 0

N A F A R!

Great fucking feeling, isn't it? 

I remember that I used to "store" my nearly empty cans on a shelf in the basement so the wife didn't find them (That's another story about how I hid it from those around me during times of my life.).  Forgot about them and ran across them once I was quit.  Finding them made me feel like a douche but throwing them away brought quite the smile to my face.

Good for you man.  Keep it up.
Congrats on the win brother!!
That is a huge win, thanx for sharing!
I'm with them^^^ Victory!
No longer like this sad sack @AwakenedOne
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2021, 01:05:21 PM »
In the process of moving currently. So I'm going through a kitchen cabinet above the fridge and my hand comes across an odd feeling object. I grab it and what do you know, it was my old vape! (yes, I was one of those d-baggers at one time  :o) The vape tank was still full, almost like it was whispering in a fairy princess voice "just take a drag...you know you want to!" Without any hesitation I threw that hunk of metal in the trash and said, "nope, not today nicotine." Without KTC I would have most definitely taken a drag for old times sake, that is where the line is drawn. Another victory.

N A F A R!

I remember that I used to "store" my nearly empty cans on a shelf in the basement so the wife didn't find them (That's another story about how I hid it from those around me during times of my life.).  Forgot about them and ran across them once I was quit.  Finding them made me feel like a douche but throwing them away brought quite the smile to my face.

That is a huge win, thanx for sharing!
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2021, 02:38:09 PM »

N A F A R!

Jan19

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2021, 10:59:50 AM »

N A F A R!

In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline AwakenedOne

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2021, 09:25:17 AM »

N A F A R!

T  H  E    H  O  L  Y
O    N    E

Offline stillbrewing

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/5/19
  • Likes Given: 1076
Re: Thoughts At One Year
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2021, 07:17:51 PM »
One year... one year of my life reclaimed from Big Tobacco. By the power of the Most High God, I am free from the nicodemon, and to Him I owe all praise. Thinking back to my day one, all sorts of feelings come flooding in, 95% joy, accomplishment, satisfaction, and peace. However the other (raging at times) 5% is disgust, anger, and disappointment with myself. The good feelings are self explanatory, we all know these feelings by now and hallelujah that we do! That other 5% is something I'm sure we are all to familiar with as well. How could I have given 10 years of my health, life, time, and money to POISON? It's unnerving that a cancerous substance that tricks you into thinking you need it, is openly available for consumption. Especially available at the the young age of 18 (now 21). Yes, I have not consumed nicotine in 368 days, but the thought of having "just one" is ever present, controllable, but ever present. It sucks that I will have that thought for the rest of my life based off of a dumb decision I made when I was 17 (a kid...). Whatever, it is what it is now. All I can do is control what I can control and that means taking this quit journey ODAAT. That is the only way to remain quit, make it 24 hours, wash, rinse, repeat. To any active nicotine consumer reading this, spit the dip out now and flush your stash. Start your quit NOW. Not tomorrow, NOW. "Tomorrow" never comes.
Spoken like a true QUIT hero!  My hat is off sir...
"Beginnings are usually scary and endings are usually sad, but it's everything in between that makes all worth living.  So, love the life you live, live the life you love." - Bob Marley

“La tristesse durera toujours." ~ Vincent van Gogh

"You can fuck off all the way to fuckoff mountain and jump off FUCKOFF point for all i care. Just post and stay quit." ~MikeW2018~

HOF-3/13/20; 2nd floor-6/21/20; 3rd floor-9/29/20; 1 year-12/3/20; 4th floor-1/7/21; 5th floor-4/17/21; 6th floor-7/26/21

HOF Speech Here

Offline AwakenedOne

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2021, 09:19:27 AM »
Congrats brother!
Thanks man! -AO
Congrats and great work. Just stay loyal to the routine that got you here.
I most certainly plan on it brother. Once again @Keith0617 thank you for pointing me in the right direction when I first joined the forums. You were instrumental in starting my quit. Will not let you or the rest of KTC down.

T  H  E    H  O  L  Y
O    N    E

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2021, 01:16:26 PM »
Congrats brother!
Congrats and great work. Just stay loyal to the routine that got you here.
Jan19

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2021, 12:54:46 PM »
Congrats brother!
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline AwakenedOne

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
Thoughts At One Year
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2021, 09:33:57 AM »
One year... one year of my life reclaimed from Big Tobacco. By the power of the Most High God, I am free from the nicodemon, and to Him I owe all praise. Thinking back to my day one, all sorts of feelings come flooding in, 95% joy, accomplishment, satisfaction, and peace. However the other (raging at times) 5% is disgust, anger, and disappointment with myself. The good feelings are self explanatory, we all know these feelings by now and hallelujah that we do! That other 5% is something I'm sure we are all to familiar with as well. How could I have given 10 years of my health, life, time, and money to POISON? It's unnerving that a cancerous substance that tricks you into thinking you need it, is openly available for consumption. Especially available at the the young age of 18 (now 21). Yes, I have not consumed nicotine in 368 days, but the thought of having "just one" is ever present, controllable, but ever present. It sucks that I will have that thought for the rest of my life based off of a dumb decision I made when I was 17 (a kid...). Whatever, it is what it is now. All I can do is control what I can control and that means taking this quit journey ODAAT. That is the only way to remain quit, make it 24 hours, wash, rinse, repeat. To any active nicotine consumer reading this, spit the dip out now and flush your stash. Start your quit NOW. Not tomorrow, NOW. "Tomorrow" never comes.

T  H  E    H  O  L  Y
O    N    E