Author Topic: New here 3rd day  (Read 3226 times)

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
Re: New here 3rd day
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2021, 12:41:18 PM »
So I quit smoking 7 years ago this month. Imy last dip was Saturday night about 2200 or so. I threw all my dip out soon as I got home from work about midnight. So today's my third full day without nicotine. This is the longest I've been without nicotine in almost 20 years. I'm using baccoff and grinds at the moment with some different stuff on order. I feel like crap and decided I should get an account here. Body aches headaches ... my guts feel like they're falling out and my chest feels like it's caving in. I swear I think it's even messing with my asthma lol. I'm not thinking clearly and not sleeping well. I also assume this is all normal. I'm staying hydrated and trying not to eat everything in the house lol. Any advice is appreciated.

Yup all normal and you are in thick of it like a lot of our November group. What you’re experiencing is likely the word of it based on your quit date. Get some light cardio exercise in it’ll do wonders. Drink tons of water and come quit with us in the November group by posting roll. I quit with you today

Hey @Krreed8889  ,

Welcome to the best decision you could make for yourself.  Haas and emoney have already given you some great advise.  Here is the link to your quit group, November 2021.  You will be joining Haas, emoney and a couple other bad ass quitters.  Get to know them and let them get to know you.  Exchange phone numbers through private message so you all have people you can call if the shit gets too real and you think you might cave.  Let us help you.  Reach out to a brother and talk it out.

The process here is simple:

Wake Up
Piss
Post your promise to be nic free for the next 24 hours
Keep your word
Repeat daily.

One day at a time is how we roll.

My digits are always available for the asking.

Proud to quit with you today,

Chris
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline emoney

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2021-08-05
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2021, 12:36:44 PM »
So I quit smoking 7 years ago this month. Imy last dip was Saturday night about 2200 or so. I threw all my dip out soon as I got home from work about midnight. So today's my third full day without nicotine. This is the longest I've been without nicotine in almost 20 years. I'm using baccoff and grinds at the moment with some different stuff on order. I feel like crap and decided I should get an account here. Body aches headaches ... my guts feel like they're falling out and my chest feels like it's caving in. I swear I think it's even messing with my asthma lol. I'm not thinking clearly and not sleeping well. I also assume this is all normal. I'm staying hydrated and trying not to eat everything in the house lol. Any advice is appreciated.

Yup all normal and you are in thick of it like a lot of our November group. What you’re experiencing is likely the word of it based on your quit date. Get some light cardio exercise in it’ll do wonders. Drink tons of water and come quit with us in the November group by posting roll. I quit with you today

Offline Haas22

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2018-03-29
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2021, 12:23:17 PM »
I am on day 3 as well brother, you need to post roll call by joining the correct quit group.  we all have accountability here, its what gets us through.  Ill let one of the mods explain it to you.

Everything you are experiencing is normal, drink shitloads of water, go for walks, chew and suck on anything you can other than nicotine.  Im in the suck hard with you brother, day 3 is all we care about right now, lets get through together.  I quit with you today.

Offline Krreed8889

• Likes Given: 9
New here 3rd day
« on: August 10, 2021, 12:13:26 PM »