Author Topic: Garbage feeling  (Read 21461 times)

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1619
Re: Garbage feeling
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2020, 08:07:30 AM »
Thank you for the pick me up. I have absolutely no desire to return therefore it almost seems the struggle is harder. Good idea to to remove all nicotine from my house. I literally looked at the patches and said pound sand. There are too many side effects with chantix and lexapro to even think of using them. Needing a lipful is just another excuse to keep me close to the old days when I chewed according to my wife, oh she is good at this and thats why I love her so. I went 90 days with only a handful of people knowing but now anybody thats a friend on facebook knows. Adds to the accountability as I was sure to fail but now my support group just got amazingly big. Thanks again and I will keep piling up the days of no nicotine. God bless all my supporters.
@Thefranks5  great job. Suggest you work hard on just quitting for today. Don’t worry about tomorrow. We will deal with that when it comes. Reach out if I can help.
Jan19

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2020, 06:22:41 AM »
Thank you for the pick me up. I have absolutely no desire to return therefore it almost seems the struggle is harder. Good idea to to remove all nicotine from my house. I literally looked at the patches and said pound sand. There are too many side effects with chantix and lexapro to even think of using them. Needing a lipful is just another excuse to keep me close to the old days when I chewed according to my wife, oh she is good at this and thats why I love her so. I went 90 days with only a handful of people knowing but now anybody thats a friend on facebook knows. Adds to the accountability as I was sure to fail but now my support group just got amazingly big. Thanks again and I will keep piling up the days of no nicotine. God bless all my supporters.

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4332
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2020, 10:03:41 PM »
Thanks for the response. It gets very aggravating and scary for me. I keep saying to my awesome wife that I have no clue what the new normal is supposed to feel like. I have found a few ways with dealing with anxiety but still working on the depression. I wanted to do this with no prescription help just to prove to myself and the world it can be done. So the patches, chantix and lexapro are still setting in their respective containers unused which the doc office was very surprised about.  The depression with the sore throat just runs me into a nasty hole thinking that it is to late and the big c word is here. Which is weird as I never had throat issues before but I do now. My wife agrees that it is my body healing itself but I need a lip of something (cures the anxiety and helps the depression) so I use smokey mountain and baccoff. But the cayene pepper in smokey mountain and whatever causes the heat in bacoff aggravates my throat and mouth. So we agree that I could easily be causing unneeded throat issues. Now to find something that could fill that gap. I personally want to thank everybody on this site for your help wether you actually responded to me or just that you had a comment somewhere that was helpful. We will win this battle and it will make me a better man, husband and father. God bless every one of you.
@Thefranks5 remember KTC is a no nicotine site. That means nicotine in ANY form is strictly prohibited which includes gum and patches. I suggest you have your wife dispose of the patches somewhere away from your house. That is too big of a temptation to have around.

If Smokey Mountain and Baccoff aren't working for you, there are other no-nic substitutes like Jake's Mint Chew, Grinds and Teaza. Jake's and Teaza are tea leaf based and Grinds are basically ground up coffee in pouches. Check them out.

Keep up the good fight. Each minute your blood runs free of nicotine is a victory. Check out this little bit I wrote a while back concerning "progress" when it comes to being quit. It may help you out.
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2020, 05:18:54 PM »
Thanks for the response. It gets very aggravating and scary for me. I keep saying to my awesome wife that I have no clue what the new normal is supposed to feel like. I have found a few ways with dealing with anxiety but still working on the depression. I wanted to do this with no prescription help just to prove to myself and the world it can be done. So the patches, chantix and lexapro are still setting in their respective containers unused which the doc office was very surprised about.  The depression with the sore throat just runs me into a nasty hole thinking that it is to late and the big c word is here. Which is weird as I never had throat issues before but I do now. My wife agrees that it is my body healing itself but I need a lip of something (cures the anxiety and helps the depression) so I use smokey mountain and baccoff. But the cayene pepper in smokey mountain and whatever causes the heat in bacoff aggravates my throat and mouth. So we agree that I could easily be causing unneeded throat issues. Now to find something that could fill that gap. I personally want to thank everybody on this site for your help wether you actually responded to me or just that you had a comment somewhere that was helpful. We will win this battle and it will make me a better man, husband and father. God bless every one of you.

Offline DonkeyMN

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 01-31-2017
  • Likes Given: 570
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2020, 04:11:03 PM »
I understand the physical issues can be concerning and cause anxiety and stress. And while 90 days is awesome, it's a drop in the bucket compared to 30 years of nicotine use.

Stay the course. Keep focusing one day at a time. As your body heals and learns to function without the poison of nicotine, you will start to experience a new normal. For some it takes a bit longer than others. Perseverance is key here and I commend you for creating an intro to share your frustrations. I encourage you to continue to log your experience in your intro and in time you will really see the progress you've made.

Drink more water, get exercise and let your heart and kidneys start working for you.  Take back your life.
To remain quit requires focus
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4332
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2020, 01:37:28 PM »
I understand the physical issues can be concerning and cause anxiety and stress. And while 90 days is awesome, it's a drop in the bucket compared to 30 years of nicotine use.

Stay the course. Keep focusing one day at a time. As your body heals and learns to function without the poison of nicotine, you will start to experience a new normal. For some it takes a bit longer than others. Perseverance is key here and I commend you for creating an intro to share your frustrations. I encourage you to continue to log your experience in your intro and in time you will really see the progress you've made.
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline SmokeyMountainExpress

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 11/12/2019
  • Likes Given: 76
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2020, 01:24:54 PM »
I am at 205 days and my throat still bugs me from time to time, but it is nothing close to what it was at 90 days.  For me in seems like my throat will have problems for a couple of weeks, and then it will subside for a couple weeks just to come back again.  Every time it comes back the anxiety, and strength of the annoyance lessens.  I went to the doctor as well, and they couldn't find anything medically wrong with me, so ill just keep quit and let my body to continue to heal.

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
Garbage feeling
« on: June 03, 2020, 11:51:58 AM »
Today is day 90 nicotine free after 30 years of abuse. For the past month I have had severe anxiety and depression issues which I seem to be able to control. The bigger issue is I still feel like garbage with nasty taste in mouth at times, sore throat that comes and goes, upset stomach, etc all the classic first month symptoms. I do realize that some of the other people have these symptoms longer then others but it is really wiping me out. Doctors have no clue so no sense going there for answers. This website has provided almost all answers and it is sooooo nice to hear it from a fellow quitter. I guess I need reassurance that this will pass also. This is the farthest I have ever gone in all my quits and I will win this battle. The same garbage feeling day after day is huge reason people fail for which I had done 14 years ago. I just need that kick in the pants to keep me going from all you older quitters. Sorry for the long rant but without our support groups we are nothing. God bless to all and keep up the fight.