Author Topic: Zombo Funk's Late Intro  (Read 9599 times)

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
Re: Zombo Funk's Late Intro
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2021, 06:57:18 PM »
Today is my 365th day of quit, and also my birthday. This time last year I was in a pretty bad place mentally, physically, emotionally - all of it from allowing addiction to control my life. I knew I needed to quit dipping, but I didn't really expect it to change my life. I just wanted to kill the can.

Well, here I am 1 year later and I haven't been this excited about a birthday since I was little. I think that's likely because this past year of quitting with you all has removed a lot of self-hate and taught me that I deserve good things. We all do. KTC has helped me grow so much over the year. I'll never be able to express adequate gratitude to everyone who's helped along the way, but I do appreciate it. I'm proud to be quit with you all today.

If you're on the fence out there reading this - quit now. Yeah you'll have a rough time ahead of you, but I promise - next year you'll have a whole new lease on life. It really is worth it, and I'd love to help you get there.
Congrats brother. Keeping winning one day at a time!!
Awesome stuff brother! Happy birthday and thanx for sharing
Congrats and Happy birthday!

Congrads Zombo and Happy Birthday!!
I Luz me some funk!!
Congrats! keep crushing it!
Congrats Zombo and Happy Birthday. Keep it going as you will find many will follow.

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2034
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2021, 02:40:28 PM »
Today is my 365th day of quit, and also my birthday. This time last year I was in a pretty bad place mentally, physically, emotionally - all of it from allowing addiction to control my life. I knew I needed to quit dipping, but I didn't really expect it to change my life. I just wanted to kill the can.

Well, here I am 1 year later and I haven't been this excited about a birthday since I was little. I think that's likely because this past year of quitting with you all has removed a lot of self-hate and taught me that I deserve good things. We all do. KTC has helped me grow so much over the year. I'll never be able to express adequate gratitude to everyone who's helped along the way, but I do appreciate it. I'm proud to be quit with you all today.

If you're on the fence out there reading this - quit now. Yeah you'll have a rough time ahead of you, but I promise - next year you'll have a whole new lease on life. It really is worth it, and I'd love to help you get there.

I Luz me some funk!!
Congrats! keep crushing it!
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2021, 01:18:44 PM »

I Luz me some funk!!
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Phxshadow

• Quitter
  • There is always hope
  • Likes Given: 260
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2021, 01:10:51 PM »

Staying quit one Day at a Time.
My quit date April 25 2020
1st floor 8/2/20 2nd floor 11/10/20
3rd floor 2/18/21 4th floor 5/29/21
5th floor 9/6/21

Offline oldschool

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Quit Date: 10/08/2018
  • Likes Given: 397
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2021, 12:37:41 PM »

The only time you fail, is if you don't try

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2021, 09:53:49 AM »

ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1908
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2021, 09:43:18 AM »

Jan19

Offline Zombo Funk

• LVL 1
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
    • HOF Speech
  • Quit Date: April 29, 2020
  • Likes Given: 345
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2021, 09:37:01 AM »

Offline Zombo Funk

• LVL 1
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
    • HOF Speech
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2020, 10:31:54 AM »
Today Finoc is celebrating 200 days of sobriety in the alcohol quit group. I love the question he asks.

Finoc - 200 sober! Why didn't I become sober earlier? Much better life, thanks everyone for support!
I wish I could go back an quit sooner. Or hell, never start in the first place. But since I can't do that, there's only one alternative. Grow my quit(s) One Day At a Time.

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 244
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2020, 12:19:51 AM »
I posted this in general discussion and of course got no feedback. Woke up this morning still annoyed about it.

See, August has international quitters which means we try to flip the roll for them occasionally to share the burden. That, and I manage the links in our default post a certain way that requires updates. Every time you go into august and over-post your bullshit 11:50 support, you're overriding the updates I made and erasing shit like our question of the day. Also you're erasing the efforts we make as a team to share the burden of flipping our roll.

Again, I don't want or need your support at 11:59PM.

Blanket Posting at End of Day:

I have noticed a trend over the past few weeks, since I've had a reason to be on the site late into the evenings. What's the deal with all these 'vets' just blanket posting support across every single month at the end of the night? TBH I find it disrespectful, because we tell quitters that they need to WUPP or their promise doesn't mean shit. That's how I feel about this practice. Your support doesn't mean shit to me if your dropping it in at 11:45PM and quite frankly I resent my group being used to bolster your post count.

And if you're going to do it, at least have the decency not to post over a flipped roll.
I guess I know where I'll be every night at 11:59PM
well played
Valid point. Any vets want to chime in?
The vets that post support across multiple groups at the end of the day typically WUPP but come back when family/personal life allows to show support to other groups. While maybe it would be ideal if everyone had time in the mornings, posting support can occur at any time of the day to express solidarity with groups, both old and new.

I doubt the majority of those exhibiting this behavior are doing it bolster a post count. They are taking time out of their day to post in groups outside of their own. While I understand your position, I'd challenge you to be thankful for their presence at any time of the day and maybe share digits with a couple of them. I miss people posting support in my group; we have a handful of loyal supports each day but not to the volume there once was.

You can't control who comes into your group and posts support. If they are posting over an already flipped roll, either reach out to them and ask them to be more aware or maybe re-evaluate if roll is being flipped too "early" in the evening.

All this being said, it would be common courtesy for someone posting support to withhold posting after seeing roll has been flipped, or to go grab the last post from that day (before the roll flip) and post support in that way. After which then, they should bump forward the new roll for the next day.
Hope that helps Zombo. It did for me but thats what I thought. I try not to go that late but it is thought for me some days to get thru 8 months then 15 texts before work. I am sure Zombo appreciates what they do but it is nice to see him take charge with the site. Thanks Zombo for busting your butt and thanks to all the vets who busted their butts before we ever thought to committing to our quit.
I see your point(s). I still think it's dumb to post support across the whole site at night, BUT I see your points. Also I hadn't considered the extent to which someone may be posting support for themselves. Maybe someone's way of coping with a late night craving is to get on here and post support everywhere. Maybe I'm just a big dumb asshole.

I appreciate the responses and the perspective.
You're not a big dumb asshole. I completely understand your frustration and you raise a valid point. But just like most things, there are two sides to consider.

I would just encourage you again to enjoy the support posts however they come, whenever they come. There will come a point that you miss that extra traffic in your group.

Some of us swing by groups at night to see who in our quit chain was missing today.  Personally, I do my rounds in the morning in the groups where I have contacts and then I come back later to make sure everyone is on roll and take a read through intros.

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4350
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2020, 09:21:50 PM »
I posted this in general discussion and of course got no feedback. Woke up this morning still annoyed about it.

See, August has international quitters which means we try to flip the roll for them occasionally to share the burden. That, and I manage the links in our default post a certain way that requires updates. Every time you go into august and over-post your bullshit 11:50 support, you're overriding the updates I made and erasing shit like our question of the day. Also you're erasing the efforts we make as a team to share the burden of flipping our roll.

I have noticed a trend over the past few weeks, since I've had a reason to be on the site late into the evenings. What's the deal with all these 'vets' just blanket posting support across every single month at the end of the night? TBH I find it disrespectful, because we tell quitters that they need to WUPP or their promise doesn't mean shit. That's how I feel about this practice. Your support doesn't mean shit to me if your dropping it in at 11:45PM and quite frankly I resent my group being used to bolster your post count.

And if you're going to do it, at least have the decency not to post over a flipped roll.
well played
The vets that post support across multiple groups at the end of the day typically WUPP but come back when family/personal life allows to show support to other groups. While maybe it would be ideal if everyone had time in the mornings, posting support can occur at any time of the day to express solidarity with groups, both old and new.

I doubt the majority of those exhibiting this behavior are doing it bolster a post count. They are taking time out of their day to post in groups outside of their own. While I understand your position, I'd challenge you to be thankful for their presence at any time of the day and maybe share digits with a couple of them. I miss people posting support in my group; we have a handful of loyal supports each day but not to the volume there once was.

You can't control who comes into your group and posts support. If they are posting over an already flipped roll, either reach out to them and ask them to be more aware or maybe re-evaluate if roll is being flipped too "early" in the evening.

All this being said, it would be common courtesy for someone posting support to withhold posting after seeing roll has been flipped, or to go grab the last post from that day (before the roll flip) and post support in that way. After which then, they should bump forward the new roll for the next day.
Hope that helps Zombo. It did for me but thats what I thought. I try not to go that late but it is thought for me some days to get thru 8 months then 15 texts before work. I am sure Zombo appreciates what they do but it is nice to see him take charge with the site. Thanks Zombo for busting your butt and thanks to all the vets who busted their butts before we ever thought to committing to our quit.
I see your point(s). I still think it's dumb to post support across the whole site at night, BUT I see your points. Also I hadn't considered the extent to which someone may be posting support for themselves. Maybe someone's way of coping with a late night craving is to get on here and post support everywhere. Maybe I'm just a big dumb asshole.

You're not a big dumb asshole. I completely understand your frustration and you raise a valid point. But just like most things, there are two sides to consider.

I would just encourage you again to enjoy the support posts however they come, whenever they come. There will come a point that you miss that extra traffic in your group.
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |
29th FL: 04.02.24 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline Zombo Funk

• LVL 1
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
    • HOF Speech
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2020, 06:31:42 PM »

well played

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2020, 06:14:41 PM »

well played

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4350
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2020, 03:12:03 PM »

well played

Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |
29th FL: 04.02.24 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2020, 03:02:56 PM »

well played