Author Topic: Day 1  (Read 13449 times)

Offline Natro

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: October 20, 2014
  • Interests: Quitting, cooking, reading, travelling, meeting other quitters.
  • Likes Given: 72
Re: Day 1
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2021, 09:32:17 AM »
Day 250

Since the last time I've posted an update here, I have had quite a few tests in my quit. A few weeks ago, I went back home to visit family and friends. Some of those friends are still dippers. They are the ones who I hang around the most, since we enjoy playing golf. Since I started playing golf a few years ago, golf and dip always went hand-in-hand. I was quite nervous for this trip, and I talked with my wife before we went. She understood my concern and like always, re-assured me that I've come this far, don't mess it up now. I went to the golf course my 2nd day home and sure enough, my buddies all threw in dips on the 1st tee box. I explained that I had quit and they were very supportive of my decision and we ended up having a good time.

This week, my wife and I are house sitting for a family friend in this huge house. It has been like a mini vacation for us all (It's not very often you get to stay in a 2 million dollar home with land and a nice ass pool). Well, the owner dips and I have found a few of his Copenhagen cans laying around. You can just smell the Copenhagen aroma coming from the can. The thought of dipping did cross my mind, but quickly faded. I am 250 days into my quit; why fuck it up now?

Anyways, I am still here and still quit. Some days are still tough, but I'm happy to still be quit.

If you are struggling to quit please reach out to me and I will help anyway I can. You can do it and it does get easier.
Those are great wins man! ONWARD and UPWARD! congrats on that half floor. The effort you put in for these wins will make that 1 year mark so much more special. Thank you for Sharing!
Awesome to hear that you have a plan and it is working. Quitting can be done and that can will be kept at bay. Keep doing what you are doing and if you need help I am a pm away. PTBQWYT
Those are good friends if they were supportive of you in your quit. I had friends like that and it helped a ton. Congrats on those great wins!
Proud January 2015 "Shell"er
He who controls the spice controls the universe.

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2021, 09:21:19 AM »
Day 250

Since the last time I've posted an update here, I have had quite a few tests in my quit. A few weeks ago, I went back home to visit family and friends. Some of those friends are still dippers. They are the ones who I hang around the most, since we enjoy playing golf. Since I started playing golf a few years ago, golf and dip always went hand-in-hand. I was quite nervous for this trip, and I talked with my wife before we went. She understood my concern and like always, re-assured me that I've come this far, don't mess it up now. I went to the golf course my 2nd day home and sure enough, my buddies all threw in dips on the 1st tee box. I explained that I had quit and they were very supportive of my decision and we ended up having a good time.

This week, my wife and I are house sitting for a family friend in this huge house. It has been like a mini vacation for us all (It's not very often you get to stay in a 2 million dollar home with land and a nice ass pool). Well, the owner dips and I have found a few of his Copenhagen cans laying around. You can just smell the Copenhagen aroma coming from the can. The thought of dipping did cross my mind, but quickly faded. I am 250 days into my quit; why fuck it up now?

Anyways, I am still here and still quit. Some days are still tough, but I'm happy to still be quit.

If you are struggling to quit please reach out to me and I will help anyway I can. You can do it and it does get easier.
Those are great wins man! ONWARD and UPWARD! congrats on that half floor. The effort you put in for these wins will make that 1 year mark so much more special. Thank you for Sharing!
Awesome to hear that you have a plan and it is working. Quitting can be done and that can will be kept at bay. Keep doing what you are doing and if you need help I am a pm away. PTBQWYT

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • LTBE- Quittin since 12/30/20
  • Interests: traveling,Hunting,backpacking, Fully Sending it, working out, reading, God, Motivation
  • Likes Given: 1868
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2021, 07:05:56 AM »
Day 250

I may not be a smart man, but I know what quit is! -Quitest Gump-
     -Don't plan for the future, Quit for today!-
"The way to get started is to (quit) talking and begin doing." Walt Disney
~you cant plan your quit you just have to do it, both feet free fall.~
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once"
Daily Devotional

Offline famous205

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 11/2/20
  • Interests: Golf, World of Warcraft, Coding
  • Likes Given: 60
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2021, 01:12:10 AM »
Day 250

Offline famous205

• Quitter
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2021, 01:23:24 AM »
Day 175

It's been a while since I have posted here. These past 175 days have gone by pretty damn quick, and it feels damn good to not have spent the last 175 days with shit in my mouth. I find myself rarely having a thought about dip, even during trigger moments where I use to always have a dip in my lip. A few weeks ago I was at my in-laws and found my uncle-in-laws spit cup that was full to the brim. The look and smell looked like diarrhea in a cup and had gnats flying in and around it. The smell about made me throw up. Moments like those make me proud to not do this shit anymore.

If anyone reading this is struggling with quitting, please reach out to me and I will help anyway I can. You can do it and it does get easier.

Offline JeffH4257

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 11-15-2020
  • Likes Given: 1031
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2021, 10:04:08 PM »
@famous205

Congratulations man!!  It's a big deal, celebrate it.  Don't forget what got you here. 

Proud to be quit with you brother!

-Jeff

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2021, 02:26:06 PM »
Hell yeah! First 100 down. You're a quit inspiration. Thanks for running our spreadsheet and flipping roll. Without you the group would be a lot weaker and less put together. I'm proud to be quit with you! Here's to another 100.

:gmann: 'wave' :gmann:

Thank you, Sajax and everyone for the kind words! It really does mean a lot to me and I'm proud to be quit with each and every one of you.
Congrats @famous205 . Well done. Just stay loyal to the routine that got you here.
Congrats sir, and just like everyone said above, now is not the time to change anything. Keep doing what you've been doing
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1620
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2021, 09:23:14 AM »
Hell yeah! First 100 down. You're a quit inspiration. Thanks for running our spreadsheet and flipping roll. Without you the group would be a lot weaker and less put together. I'm proud to be quit with you! Here's to another 100.

Thank you, Sajax and everyone for the kind words! It really does mean a lot to me and I'm proud to be quit with each and every one of you.
Congrats @famous205 . Well done. Just stay loyal to the routine that got you here.
Jan19

Offline famous205

• Quitter
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2021, 01:05:15 AM »

Offline Sajax

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-23
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2021, 12:10:33 AM »

Vortex navigation aid:  This post was made by Sajax

https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=6476.msg426318#msg426318

If you are arguing a position you don't necessarily agree with but are playing devil's advocate, please spell that out for me. I'm not very bright and like to understand when people are sincere or not.

Offline ankape

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 10.25.2019
  • Likes Given: 398
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2021, 01:18:02 AM »
Day 96

Small victory today. Since I quit, I did not feel comfortable staying at home by myself over night because I thought the temptation wouldn't be healthy for my quit. See, in the past when I was home alone, I would dip twice as much as I usually would. Well, today my wife and kid left to go out of town for the weekend to her parents house and I decided to stay here alone because I was confident that the temptation to dip would not be there. I had to run a few errands and the thought never even crossed my mind to buy a can. I can't control what will happen tomorrow, but I can say that today, I am still quit.
Awesome to hear and while she is gone keep your quit buddies at right there with ya. It can be a tough time right now even at 100 days and if you need help send me a pm and my digits are yours. You have come a long way to throw it all away.
Congrats on the win. Keep your tools ready and and have a plan because the nic bitch will come back to visit one day.
Congrats on the victory! They all add up to staying quit!

You got this! Reach out if the hint of a sniff of a beginning of a ghost of a crave starts. We all got your back.

Great win Famous.  My wife being away killed many of my early stoppages.  NO MORE!!  Every one of these wins fortifies your quit.  Keep banging' away.

Holding the line with you brother

~HAG
Not a small victory...WINNING!!!!

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2021, 09:27:16 PM »
Day 96

Small victory today. Since I quit, I did not feel comfortable staying at home by myself over night because I thought the temptation wouldn't be healthy for my quit. See, in the past when I was home alone, I would dip twice as much as I usually would. Well, today my wife and kid left to go out of town for the weekend to her parents house and I decided to stay here alone because I was confident that the temptation to dip would not be there. I had to run a few errands and the thought never even crossed my mind to buy a can. I can't control what will happen tomorrow, but I can say that today, I am still quit.
Awesome to hear and while she is gone keep your quit buddies at right there with ya. It can be a tough time right now even at 100 days and if you need help send me a pm and my digits are yours. You have come a long way to throw it all away.
Congrats on the win. Keep your tools ready and and have a plan because the nic bitch will come back to visit one day.

You got this! Reach out if the hint of a sniff of a beginning of a ghost of a crave starts. We all got your back.

Great win Famous.  My wife being away killed many of my early stoppages.  NO MORE!!  Every one of these wins fortifies your quit.  Keep banging' away.

Holding the line with you brother

~HAG

Offline Sajax

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-23
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2021, 02:20:11 PM »
Day 96

Vortex navigation aid:  This post was made by Sajax

https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=6476.msg426318#msg426318

If you are arguing a position you don't necessarily agree with but are playing devil's advocate, please spell that out for me. I'm not very bright and like to understand when people are sincere or not.

Offline Aggies94

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 278
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2021, 11:48:32 AM »
Day 96

It ain't dying I'm talking about, it's living!

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1620
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2021, 09:23:33 AM »
Day 96

Jan19