Author Topic: General Discussion - 2021  (Read 53983 times)

Offline Zombo Funk

• LVL 1
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
    • HOF Speech
  • Quit Date: April 29, 2020
  • Likes Given: 345
Re: Jalapeno Poppers
« Reply #221 on: September 02, 2021, 01:03:32 PM »
@bubblehed668 what's the deal with these poppers? https://www.killthecan.org/bubblehed668-grilling-up-some-freedom/

I always do my poppers with cream cheese/tabasco/cheddar cheese stuffing and then wrap them in bacon before smoking a few hours. I can't tell what's under those sausages or what type of sausages those are.

Anyone else got a go-to recipe for jalapeno poppers?

That is a small white onion, cream cheese & turbinado sugar blended in a food processor and piped into the peppers. The sausage is a cheddar smokie laid on top then wrapped in bacon.

Somewhere in the deep dark recesses of KTC there was an area for recipes and it was in there called ABT's (Atomic Buffalo Turds). I can send it to you if you'd like, let me know.
Made these over the weekend and they turned out great.

Offline bronc

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 3/14/14
  • Interests: Rodeo, Hunting, Raising my daughter, Cooking and entertaining
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: General Discussion - 2021
« Reply #220 on: August 13, 2021, 09:39:17 AM »
KTC CHALLENGE

Want to get some additional accountability going? Want to meet some new quitters? Tired of a BORING quit group with nothing but roll call posts?

Here's a thought... use the TAG function. TAG someone, in your quit group (or any other thread here on the forums) that you've NEVER tagged before. Start a convo. Ask how their quit is going.

THIS place is about COMMUNITY. Some of my best friends in the world are people that I've met HERE... whether I've ever met them in person or not. Guys like @cbird65 and @bronc. Guys like @Samrs and @Big Brother Jack

You know how we've become such good friends? We talk. We've walked through the FIRES of quitting together and NOW our relationship has evolved into something MUCH bigger... but it all started cause we're addicts.

So... @Krreed8889 how you doing today? CONGRATS on 5 days of FREEDOM! That's a MASSIVE accomplishment and I'm damn proud to be quit with you today!

Chewie

@Kauffy !!! Congrats on that 1st Floor !!! You know a great way to celebrate ?? Come meet up with 40 or so of your Quit Brothers and Sisters at the Great Pennsylvania Quittogether Oct 1st - 3rd !  https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=17093.msg8720557#new

Congratulations @Kauffy! I have to say... I agree 100% with @Big Brother Jack here... the PA meet is an INCREDIBLE investment in your quit and not to mention some of the BEST times I've ever had as a quitter: https://www.killthecan.org/annual-pennsylvania-quit-together/
Ah, this could be the start of a good quitter vortex!  Meeting up with other quitters, in retrospect, was probably one of the keys to my successful quit.  In fact, just yesterday, a facebook memeory of @Big Brother Jack  popped up.  As it turned out, a few weeks into my quit, I had to attend a conference in Vegas, and I posted that I would be there, when Jack said he'd be there too and we met.  It was a game changer.  In that environment, a cave was almost assured, but knowing I was going to meet with a quitter in person made a huge difference.  We ended up having a great time hanging out, and next thing you know, I'm off to a quitter meet in PA to meet a bunch of bad ass quitters.  My accountability circle grew from my quit groups, to over 30 people I had met in-person, including @chewie and some dudes from my quitter group like @MonsterEMT .  We had a really great time.  Locally, a guy from Washington, @ZillahCowboy came down and met me at the St Paul Rodeo.  These were all key events that helped me stay quit.  Lastly, I was on the chat board a lot, where guys like @cbird65, @Franpro and @cmark were laying down quit wisdom and minding the craziness of us new quitters going on rants and talking about anything at all in order to keep from putting shit in our lip.  There were some great stories and fun times.  Get involved here.  It's key.

For some context to @bronc 's stories...

https://www.killthecan.org/stone-cold-quitting-in-vegas-with-bronc-bbj/

https://www.killthecan.org/bronc-zillah-cowboy-at-the-4th-of-july-rodeo/
definitely seeing a vortex on this tread...  Where to begin.  Chewie nailed it by getting outside of your four walls of your HoF.  The resources and members here are plentiful but you have to take the first step by 'opening up'.  Social media has escalated to vitriolic trolling and self promotion.  KTC IS NOT SOCIAL MEDIA.  The three tenants we share -ACCOUNTABILITY leads to BROTHERHOOD generates SUCCESS are critical metrics in the formula and cannot not achieved separately.  I have a KTC t-shirt with signatures of KTC'ers I've been blessed to meet over the years.  I have a long list of 'want-to-meet quitters who have helped me along the way. They're not just nameless faces behind an avatar.  They are people who have become close friends.   Open up, invest some time and this site will amaze you.  Some of my closest friends are 'guys I've met on the internet'   roflmao   By no means is this a who's who list but guys who have encouraged and challenged me along the way.  @30yraddict @hydro @FUCS We will not agree on 100% of things all the time but your quit will develop and you will begin to see other areas of your life you would like to focus on... baby steps.. post roll...keep your word... repeat tomorrow.
One of the most badass quitters around, @ChickDip is on my list of amazing humans to meet in person.  This lady is relentlessly faithful at posting on people's pages to encourage them, even years into a quit.  One of these days, it'll happen.  @brettlees is another amazing human, who came up to the Portland area for a conference and stopped into see me.  Next thing you know, he's a family friend and has attended some amazing family parties.  I suppose there is a bond that is formed between quitters, because of the seriousness of what we're doing and what we've done.  The incredible effort and time we've put into our sobriety.  Then there are the group of dudes that took the success they had with nicotine and applied it to other serious addictions.  I've watched them go from being amazing men to even more amazing men.  I think this journey, and the people we befriend along the way might be one of the most impactful things I've done in my life.  Nicotine addiction was a curse - quitting has been a huge blessing!  Rock on quitters!

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 589
« Reply #219 on: August 13, 2021, 09:04:07 AM »
KTC CHALLENGE

Want to get some additional accountability going? Want to meet some new quitters? Tired of a BORING quit group with nothing but roll call posts?

Here's a thought... use the TAG function. TAG someone, in your quit group (or any other thread here on the forums) that you've NEVER tagged before. Start a convo. Ask how their quit is going.

THIS place is about COMMUNITY. Some of my best friends in the world are people that I've met HERE... whether I've ever met them in person or not. Guys like @cbird65 and @bronc. Guys like @Samrs and @Big Brother Jack

You know how we've become such good friends? We talk. We've walked through the FIRES of quitting together and NOW our relationship has evolved into something MUCH bigger... but it all started cause we're addicts.

So... @Krreed8889 how you doing today? CONGRATS on 5 days of FREEDOM! That's a MASSIVE accomplishment and I'm damn proud to be quit with you today!

Chewie

@Kauffy !!! Congrats on that 1st Floor !!! You know a great way to celebrate ?? Come meet up with 40 or so of your Quit Brothers and Sisters at the Great Pennsylvania Quittogether Oct 1st - 3rd !  https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=17093.msg8720557#new

Congratulations @Kauffy! I have to say... I agree 100% with @Big Brother Jack here... the PA meet is an INCREDIBLE investment in your quit and not to mention some of the BEST times I've ever had as a quitter: https://www.killthecan.org/annual-pennsylvania-quit-together/
Ah, this could be the start of a good quitter vortex!  Meeting up with other quitters, in retrospect, was probably one of the keys to my successful quit.  In fact, just yesterday, a facebook memeory of @Big Brother Jack  popped up.  As it turned out, a few weeks into my quit, I had to attend a conference in Vegas, and I posted that I would be there, when Jack said he'd be there too and we met.  It was a game changer.  In that environment, a cave was almost assured, but knowing I was going to meet with a quitter in person made a huge difference.  We ended up having a great time hanging out, and next thing you know, I'm off to a quitter meet in PA to meet a bunch of bad ass quitters.  My accountability circle grew from my quit groups, to over 30 people I had met in-person, including @chewie and some dudes from my quitter group like @MonsterEMT .  We had a really great time.  Locally, a guy from Washington, @ZillahCowboy came down and met me at the St Paul Rodeo.  These were all key events that helped me stay quit.  Lastly, I was on the chat board a lot, where guys like @cbird65, @Franpro and @cmark were laying down quit wisdom and minding the craziness of us new quitters going on rants and talking about anything at all in order to keep from putting shit in our lip.  There were some great stories and fun times.  Get involved here.  It's key.

definitely seeing a vortex on this tread...  Where to begin.  Chewie nailed it by getting outside of your four walls of your HoF.  The resources and members here are plentiful but you have to take the first step by 'opening up'.  Social media has escalated to vitriolic trolling and self promotion.  KTC IS NOT SOCIAL MEDIA.  The three tenants we share -ACCOUNTABILITY leads to BROTHERHOOD generates SUCCESS are critical metrics in the formula and cannot not achieved separately.  I have a KTC t-shirt with signatures of KTC'ers I've been blessed to meet over the years.  I have a long list of 'want-to-meet quitters who have helped me along the way. They're not just nameless faces behind an avatar.  They are people who have become close friends.   Open up, invest some time and this site will amaze you.  Some of my closest friends are 'guys I've met on the internet'   roflmao   By no means is this a who's who list but guys who have encouraged and challenged me along the way.  @30yraddict @hydro @FUCS We will not agree on 100% of things all the time but your quit will develop and you will begin to see other areas of your life you would like to focus on... baby steps.. post roll...keep your word... repeat tomorrow.
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44

Assurance

Offline chewie

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
    • 406Northlane
  • Quit Date: 7.24.2006
  • Interests: quitting, family, digital marketing, beer, whiskey, horror movies... Fucks Given: 0
  • Likes Given: 350
« Reply #218 on: August 12, 2021, 12:21:21 PM »
KTC CHALLENGE

Chewie

"Every man dies... not every man really lives." - William Wallace

QD - 7.24.06 / HOF - 10.31.06 / 2nd - 2.08.07 / 3rd - 5.19.07 / 4th - 8.27.07 / 5th - 12.05.07 / 6th - 3.14.08 / 7th - 6.22.08 / 8th - 9.30.08 / 9th - 1.08.09 / Comma - 4.18.09 / 11th - 7.27.09 / 12th - 11.04.09 / 13th - 2.12.10 / 14th - 05.23.10 / 15th - 08.31.2010 / 16th - 12.9.10 / 17th - 3.19.11 / 18th - 6.27.11 / 19th - 10.5.11 / 2K - 1.13.12 / 21st - 4.22.12 / 22nd - 7.31.12 / 23rd - 11.8.12 / 24th - 2.16.13 / 25th - 5.27.13 / 26th - 9.4.13 / 27th - 12.12.13 / 28th - 3.24.14 / 29th - 7.1.14 / 3K - 10.9.14 / 31st - 1.17.15 / 32nd - 4.27.15 / 33rd - 8.5.15 / 34th - 9.13.15 / 35th - 2.21.16 / 36th - 5.31.16 / 37th - 9.8.16 / 38th - 12.17.16 / 39th - 3.27.17 / 4K - 7.5.17 / 41st - 10.13.17 / 42nd - 1.21.18 / 43rd - 5.1.18 / 44th - 8.9.18 / 45th - 11.17.18 / 46th - 2.25.19 / 47th - 6.5.19 / 48th - 9.13.19 / 49th - 12.22.19 / 5K - 4.1.20 / 51st - 7.9.20 / 52nd - 10.17.20 / 53rd - 1.25.21 / 54th - 5.5.21 / 55th - 8.13.21 / 56th - 11.21.21 / 57th - 3.1.22 / 58th - 6.9.22 / 59th - 9.17.22 / 6K - 12.26.22 / 61st - 4.5.23 / 62nd - 7.14.23 / 63rd - 10.22.23 / 64th - 1.20.24

Episode III: The Final Quit | 406 Northlane | ScareTissue.com

Offline bronc

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 3/14/14
  • Interests: Rodeo, Hunting, Raising my daughter, Cooking and entertaining
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #217 on: August 12, 2021, 09:28:58 AM »
KTC CHALLENGE

Chewie

Offline chewie

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
    • 406Northlane
  • Interests: quitting, family, digital marketing, beer, whiskey, horror movies... Fucks Given: 0
« Reply #216 on: August 12, 2021, 08:23:58 AM »
KTC CHALLENGE

Chewie

QD - 7.24.06 / HOF - 10.31.06 / 2nd - 2.08.07 / 3rd - 5.19.07 / 4th - 8.27.07 / 5th - 12.05.07 / 6th - 3.14.08 / 7th - 6.22.08 / 8th - 9.30.08 / 9th - 1.08.09 / Comma - 4.18.09 / 11th - 7.27.09 / 12th - 11.04.09 / 13th - 2.12.10 / 14th - 05.23.10 / 15th - 08.31.2010 / 16th - 12.9.10 / 17th - 3.19.11 / 18th - 6.27.11 / 19th - 10.5.11 / 2K - 1.13.12 / 21st - 4.22.12 / 22nd - 7.31.12 / 23rd - 11.8.12 / 24th - 2.16.13 / 25th - 5.27.13 / 26th - 9.4.13 / 27th - 12.12.13 / 28th - 3.24.14 / 29th - 7.1.14 / 3K - 10.9.14 / 31st - 1.17.15 / 32nd - 4.27.15 / 33rd - 8.5.15 / 34th - 9.13.15 / 35th - 2.21.16 / 36th - 5.31.16 / 37th - 9.8.16 / 38th - 12.17.16 / 39th - 3.27.17 / 4K - 7.5.17 / 41st - 10.13.17 / 42nd - 1.21.18 / 43rd - 5.1.18 / 44th - 8.9.18 / 45th - 11.17.18 / 46th - 2.25.19 / 47th - 6.5.19 / 48th - 9.13.19 / 49th - 12.22.19 / 5K - 4.1.20 / 51st - 7.9.20 / 52nd - 10.17.20 / 53rd - 1.25.21 / 54th - 5.5.21 / 55th - 8.13.21 / 56th - 11.21.21 / 57th - 3.1.22 / 58th - 6.9.22 / 59th - 9.17.22 / 6K - 12.26.22 / 61st - 4.5.23 / 62nd - 7.14.23 / 63rd - 10.22.23 / 64th - 1.20.24

Offline chewie

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
    • 406Northlane
« Reply #215 on: August 12, 2021, 08:20:39 AM »
KTC CHALLENGE

Chewie

I'm good .. got a promotion to supervisor at work yesterday.. still chewing on the fake stuff waiting it out ... hope everyone is good. Proud to be quit with ya'll today.

@Krreed8889 - BRAVO!!! Congrats on the promotion my man! Keep using that fake as long as necessary. I used about a can / day for about 220 days or so before I didn't NEED it any more. It's a tool in your toolbelt! Keep on rocking!

Offline Big Brother Jack

• Quit + 1
  • Master of Quit
    • www.facebook.com
  • Quit Date: 1993-09-03
  • Interests: Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia
  • Likes Given: 112
« Reply #214 on: August 12, 2021, 08:13:09 AM »
KTC CHALLENGE

Chewie

No Chew Crue - Cliff's Big Brother Jack

B.ig B.rother J.ack

Offline Krreed8889

• Likes Given: 9
« Reply #213 on: August 12, 2021, 06:29:37 AM »
KTC CHALLENGE

Chewie

I'm good .. got a promotion to supervisor at work yesterday.. still chewing on the fake stuff waiting it out ... hope everyone is good. Proud to be quit with ya'll today.

Offline chewie

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
    • 406Northlane
« Reply #212 on: August 11, 2021, 02:14:03 PM »
KTC CHALLENGE

Chewie

Offline Zombo Funk

• LVL 1
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
    • HOF Speech
  • Quit Date: April 29, 2020
  • Likes Given: 345
« Reply #211 on: August 05, 2021, 04:48:34 PM »
I'm not really introducing anything important. Well, unless you think food is important. I do. I love eating good stuff, and I've started a weight loss plan that's really working. I've cut 10 pounds and many inches in 14 days. If you want to know more, text or PM me.

Enough about the loss part, though. I do get a cheat meal once a week, and this week I'm thinking breakfast for supper! We're talking a serving bowl of cheese grits, scrambled eggs, ground sausage, and bacon, hash browns, biscuits, and muffins (for the kids) on the side. My dessert will be a biscuit filled like as damn jelly doughnut with good ol' sugar cane syrup.
I won't insult this meal by having anything green. Damn, Friday night, get here!
We call this BFD (Breakfast for Dinner). Not to be confused with BFL (Breakfast for Lunch). Don't forget the pancakes.

Offline GS9502

• Quitting MoFo
  • "A Little Bit Off"
  • Quit Date: 02/28/2020
  • Interests: Georgia Southern football and baseball, outdoor stuff, movies, music
  • Likes Given: 270
« Reply #210 on: August 04, 2021, 09:27:26 PM »
I'm not really introducing anything important. Well, unless you think food is important. I do. I love eating good stuff, and I've started a weight loss plan that's really working. I've cut 10 pounds and many inches in 14 days. If you want to know more, text or PM me.

Enough about the loss part, though. I do get a cheat meal once a week, and this week I'm thinking breakfast for supper! We're talking a serving bowl of cheese grits, scrambled eggs, ground sausage, and bacon, hash browns, biscuits, and muffins (for the kids) on the side. My dessert will be a biscuit filled like as damn jelly doughnut with good ol' sugar cane syrup.
I won't insult this meal by having anything green. Damn, Friday night, get here!
Renegade of Quit
"For my purpose holds to sail beyond the sunset, and the baths of all the western stars, until I die." - Ulysses, Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Offline chewie

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
    • 406Northlane
« Reply #209 on: August 01, 2021, 02:01:10 PM »
Thefranks5 and Dbrown83 got together recently in Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania. Thefranks5 had this to say: “Thefranks5 (Doug, 499 days quit) and Dbrown83 (Dave, 281 days quit) meeting up in Mifflinburg, Pa to celebrate our quits. Dave stopped on his way thru to celebrate my 500 day mark and in 219 days we will be in Carrolton, Ohio to celebrate his 500 day mark. Also Dave passed his KTC to me for further coin adventures.”

https://www.killthecan.org/thefranks5-and-dbrown83-celebrating-their-quits/

@Thefranks5 @Dbrown83

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 244
« Reply #208 on: August 01, 2021, 02:54:26 AM »
How do we get events on the calendar?  I'm pretty sure one of my quit brothers, @Tjschu will hit 6 years quit on August 28th but I don't see it on the calendar.
You are correct, Stranger. It looks as though the August '21 calendar is a work in progress.

I'm working on it.  August will be all updated before August 1 hits.  Promise
I was about to plead with GS to work on it with me tonight.  Thanks Chris!
Do you have to add everything each month and each year?
@bubblehed668 yes... there appears to be no way to 'repeat' events as far as I can see.

Really appreciate the efforts!  I didn't know how it worked.   8)

Offline chewie

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
    • 406Northlane
« Reply #207 on: July 26, 2021, 02:20:47 PM »
How do we get events on the calendar?  I'm pretty sure one of my quit brothers, @Tjschu will hit 6 years quit on August 28th but I don't see it on the calendar.
You are correct, Stranger. It looks as though the August '21 calendar is a work in progress.

I'm working on it.  August will be all updated before August 1 hits.  Promise
I was about to plead with GS to work on it with me tonight.  Thanks Chris!
Do you have to add everything each month and each year?
@bubblehed668 yes... there appears to be no way to 'repeat' events as far as I can see.