Author Topic: Hold the door  (Read 4194 times)

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • LTBE- Quittin since 12/30/20
  • Interests: traveling,Hunting,backpacking, Fully Sending it, working out, reading, God, Motivation
  • Likes Given: 1868
Re: Hold the door
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2021, 09:24:25 AM »
Day 196.

This past Sunday, I sat through a sermon that was a little different than normal. It was about the story of Cain and Abel. Everybody knows Cain slew Abel, over jealousy that Abel's offering to God was better than his own. That is always what I've heard preached about, the jealousy and envy and sin.

This week was preached on these words, when God confronted Cain:

And the LORD said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper?
Genesis 4:9 KJV

The answer is, Yes! You are your brothers keeper. You are to hold your brothers accountable. Keep watch for them. And they keep watch for you. When I first came here, I had the mindset of Cain.  That I'm not responsible for the others in my group, definitely not anybody else here on the site. I wish I would have heard this sermon 190 days ago.  Keep your brothers!
Bingo!!! Its a honor quitting with you nick, Keeping being a light ! it may be the only lantern someone sees in a dark place. I quit side by side with you as we tackle this nasty demon nicotine.
Nick LTBE
I may not be a smart man, but I know what quit is! -Quitest Gump-
     -Don't plan for the future, Quit for today!-
"The way to get started is to (quit) talking and begin doing." Walt Disney
~you cant plan your quit you just have to do it, both feet free fall.~
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once"
Daily Devotional

Offline DaddysJunk

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Interests: Follower of Jesus in the making Husband of 1 wife Dad of 2 kids Farmer Friend -Trying to be better at all of these
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2021, 09:01:49 AM »
Day 196.

This past Sunday, I sat through a sermon that was a little different than normal. It was about the story of Cain and Abel. Everybody knows Cain slew Abel, over jealousy that Abel's offering to God was better than his own. That is always what I've heard preached about, the jealousy and envy and sin.

This week was preached on these words, when God confronted Cain:

And the LORD said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper?
Genesis 4:9 KJV

The answer is, Yes! You are your brothers keeper. You are to hold your brothers accountable. Keep watch for them. And they keep watch for you. When I first came here, I had the mindset of Cain.  That I'm not responsible for the others in my group, definitely not anybody else here on the site. I wish I would have heard this sermon 190 days ago.  Keep your brothers!
Quit date: 2/17/21    HOF:5/27/21

The Lord God who created us created us to be free, slave to neither man nor substance. -Athan

“Me not wanting dip was the beginning of me
wanting myself thank you.”
~Nayyquitirah Waquitheed(Stillbrewing)

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 244
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2021, 12:54:45 AM »
I just want to say, I haven't read my introduction page since the last post.  I'm now on day 148, and I realize I'm a complete idiot.  I remember being mad at you all, like you were attacking me for some reason, but reading it now all I see is support. I remember even considering leaving the site, but so glad I didn't. I now text several brothers daily, and wish I had been doing that all along.

If you're a new quitter reading this, jump in and make contact with people. Text someone. Be involved. It will make your quit enjoyable, in a way.

I want to thank the people in my intro, the ones who gave support and the ones that asked the three questions about my previous stoppage. I can tell I've grown in my personal life, just because I've quit.
The circle of quit. This is the way.

All quitters find that moment when they are really quit.  Usually it is when the have asked for and accepted help from others.  I quit with you today!   8)

Offline Zombo Funk

• LVL 1
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
    • HOF Speech
  • Quit Date: April 29, 2020
  • Likes Given: 345
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2021, 03:38:32 PM »
I just want to say, I haven't read my introduction page since the last post.  I'm now on day 148, and I realize I'm a complete idiot.  I remember being mad at you all, like you were attacking me for some reason, but reading it now all I see is support. I remember even considering leaving the site, but so glad I didn't. I now text several brothers daily, and wish I had been doing that all along.

If you're a new quitter reading this, jump in and make contact with people. Text someone. Be involved. It will make your quit enjoyable, in a way.

I want to thank the people in my intro, the ones who gave support and the ones that asked the three questions about my previous stoppage. I can tell I've grown in my personal life, just because I've quit.
The circle of quit. This is the way.

Offline DaddysJunk

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Interests: Follower of Jesus in the making Husband of 1 wife Dad of 2 kids Farmer Friend -Trying to be better at all of these
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2021, 11:57:21 PM »

The Lord God who created us created us to be free, slave to neither man nor substance. -Athan

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1908
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2021, 07:34:15 PM »
DaddysJunk
View Profile Email Personal Message (Online)
« Reply #1148 on: Today at 01:25:16 PM »
QuoteModify
Quote from: Jpfabel1073 on Today at 10:35:31 AM
Accountability is one of the pillars here at KTC, with that being said has Daddysjunk ever stepped up and answered the 3 questions about his prior stoppage.

1. What happened?
2. Why did it happen?
3. What are you going to do different this time?

Ignoring/skipping out in your past history at KTC does not work. I have seen plenty of retreads in my 6 years here and I can tell you without hesitation that those that take the 3 questions seriously and do some serious personal reflection turn out to be some of the most BAQ’s here. Those that don’t take a cave and the 3 questions seriously are doomed to fail over and over again. As I’ve said before put your pride aside, admit you are an addict, drink the Kool aid and start being accountable for your past.

I'm very happy to answer these questions. I have done alot of soul searching and questioned myself about my whole life over the past year, so here it goes:
1. What happened?  I got weak in my resolve over several things.  I hated my job, my dreams and goals I felt were going nowhere, and I was just sick of life at the time.  Caving with nicotine wasn't the only bad behavior to pick up.
2.  Why?  It was because of my poor communication skills.  I didnt talk about my feelings with my wife.  I maybe did with my friends, but they sure as hell didnt help anything with all their bullshit going on.  Keeping negative feelings and thoughts bottled up is not the answer. I felt dipping would make me feel better.  It did not.
3.  What am I doing different?  I've found out I have an amazing wife that I can come to with anything. Anything.  I've changed jobs, my dreams and goals are closer in reach every single day.  Ive made numerous changes in my attitude and views on life. What's different this time is knowing I'm not alone and i control my life circumstances.

I was asked by @Jpfabel1073 to answer these questions, I answered in my group and wanted to put them here in my intro also.
@DaddysJunk , your answers show some thought and introspection. All you need to do to be quit is to make the decision to be quit. Don't try to quit. Don't try quitting, just quit. WUPP is the way we do it here. Make it happen sir
@DaddysJunk

Suggest you focus on quitting ODAAT. Let’s deal with tomorrow when it gets here.

Food for thought: 1 problem + nicotine = 2 problems
You will never regret quitting but you will always regret caving.
You should also make some relationships with fellow addicts on the site. I am sure your wife is the best, but I’m not sure she really understands what it means to be an addict and nicotine is our drug. So exchange digits and build a support system. Next to posting your promise everyday, those contacts will play a huge role in keeping you quit. Be a active on the site. Read HOF speeches and other material. Knowledge is power . Reach out if I can be of help.
Jan19

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2021, 04:23:06 PM »
DaddysJunk
QuoteModify
Accountability is one of the pillars here at KTC, with that being said has Daddysjunk ever stepped up and answered the 3 questions about his prior stoppage.

1. What happened?
2. Why did it happen?

Ignoring/skipping out in your past history at KTC does not work. I have seen plenty of retreads in my 6 years here and I can tell you without hesitation that those that take the 3 questions seriously and do some serious personal reflection turn out to be some of the most BAQ’s here. Those that don’t take a cave and the 3 questions seriously are doomed to fail over and over again. As I’ve said before put your pride aside, admit you are an addict, drink the Kool aid and start being accountable for your past.

I'm very happy to answer these questions. I have done alot of soul searching and questioned myself about my whole life over the past year, so here it goes:
1. What happened?  I got weak in my resolve over several things.  I hated my job, my dreams and goals I felt were going nowhere, and I was just sick of life at the time.  Caving with nicotine wasn't the only bad behavior to pick up.
2.  Why?  It was because of my poor communication skills.  I didnt talk about my feelings with my wife.  I maybe did with my friends, but they sure as hell didnt help anything with all their bullshit going on.  Keeping negative feelings and thoughts bottled up is not the answer. I felt dipping would make me feel better.  It did not.
3.  What am I doing different?  I've found out I have an amazing wife that I can come to with anything. Anything.  I've changed jobs, my dreams and goals are closer in reach every single day.  Ive made numerous changes in my attitude and views on life. What's different this time is knowing I'm not alone and i control my life circumstances.

I was asked by @Jpfabel1073 to answer these questions, I answered in my group and wanted to put them here in my intro also.
@DaddysJunk , your answers show some thought and introspection. All you need to do to be quit is to make the decision to be quit. Don't try to quit. Don't try quitting, just quit. WUPP is the way we do it here. Make it happen sir
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 04:37:19 PM by 69franx »
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline DaddysJunk

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2021, 01:49:52 PM »
DaddysJunk
QuoteModify

1. What happened?
2. Why did it happen?

Offline DaddysJunk

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2021, 01:46:45 PM »
 DaddysJunk
QuoteModify

1. What happened?
2. Why did it happen?

Offline Aggies94

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 278
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2021, 08:01:26 PM »
Awesome choice DJ! Glad to see you join. As Jeff said, inbox me if you'd like to swap digits. Take advantage of all the resources this site offers. ODAAT with you!
It ain't dying I'm talking about, it's living!

Offline JeffH4257

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 11-15-2020
  • Likes Given: 1031
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2021, 07:51:45 PM »
Welcome DJ!
Glad to have you here.  Feel free to reach out to me any time this weekend.  Inbox me, and my digits will be yours.  I will expect yours in return.

-Jeff

Offline FullCurl

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2021, 07:45:21 PM »
Welcome, enjoy the community stay strong and lean on those here.

Offline DaddysJunk

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
Hold the door
« on: February 19, 2021, 07:38:24 PM »
Allow me to introduce myself, DaddysJunk here.  I'm 33 years old, married 10 years, 6 year old daughter and 3 year old son.  The kids are where my username comes from.  My daughter would always yell, "Mom!  Daddy's eating that junk again!"  Hahaha.

I started dipping when I was 16.  Not much at first, but gradually increased to a can a day.  In February 2016, I kind of lurked around on this site but never joined a quit group.  I quit by myself and this site helped me a ton to do it, even though I wasn't involved.  Unfortunately, I caved in November 2018. 

This time is different. I've hated myself for the last 2 years. I had it dicked but let myself get weak.  This quit means more to me this time.  It's not just about quitting, it's about reshaping and reclaiming who I am and who I want to be.

I think I've said enough for now, I'll add more as time goes on.  Thank you for letting me join May 2021 HOF group. Today was day number 3.  I'll see you in the morning.