Author Topic: First day  (Read 10458 times)

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • LTBE- Quittin since 12/30/20
  • Interests: traveling,Hunting,backpacking, Fully Sending it, working out, reading, God, Motivation
  • Likes Given: 1868
Re: First day
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2021, 06:54:40 AM »
1150 days and counting! No complacency, but feeling thankful to all KTCians, you guys saved my life...
KTCagons!
I may not be a smart man, but I know what quit is! -Quitest Gump-
     -Don't plan for the future, Quit for today!-
"The way to get started is to (quit) talking and begin doing." Walt Disney
~you cant plan your quit you just have to do it, both feet free fall.~
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once"
Daily Devotional

Online quitNWinay

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 7/18/2018, and every fuckin day ever since!
  • Likes Given: 498
Re: First day
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2021, 02:57:01 PM »
1150 days and counting! No complacency, but feeling thankful to all KTCians, you guys saved my life...
I am a caver...

Can't quit quitting!

Proud member of October 2018 Quit Group

Best soothing music when anxiety hits you hard - https://youtu.be/WFrAB5nBbNY

Online quitNWinay

• Quit Pro
Re: My Intro - quitNWinay
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2018, 01:09:00 PM »
I hope no one caves and puts the blame on this TapATalk migration! :p

*jokes apart*

Last couple of days have been crazy on KTC! I visited about 30 - 40 groups and every group resembles a war field! Rolls are jacked beyond recognition. Ran into many people who have given up on unjacking rolls! Tempers are frayed. I feel bad for the newbies, it’s enough of a struggle without your lifeline changing. But, inspite of all the hara-kiri, the quit spirit remains intact! Proud of my KTC members! Proud to quit with you all today ODAAT!!!
I am a caver...

Can't quit quitting!

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2018, 11:21:00 PM »
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: quitNWinay
Day 54

One thing that goes missing after you quit dip is sleep. That, and pleasant dreams. The initial few weeks were really bad - like hardly 3-4 hours of sleep in all, interspersed with a lot of awake time. It was pure hell, I came to dread going to bed. I was totally miserable and lived my days feeling like a zombie. Things kind of changed around the 5 week mark. I also started following a few good sleeping habits - sleeping at the same time every night, no mobile phone in bed and a shower 60 minutes before hitting the sack. Around 4-5 hours of sound sleep. But, still no dreams!

Well, this changed yesternight! Slept for a neat 9 hours. Had the most pleasant of dreams... Woke up feeling fresher than a daisy. *Come on life, throw anything at me and I will handle it!* It's that kind of a feeling! Nocturnal life is back on track! When they say "it gets better", believe them!
Dude you are one bad ass quitter.

Even better days are ahead.
Love this! Just wait thereÂ’s so much more coming. It will have an impact on your life in ways you could never think of. You start thinking of your health and well being a whole lot more. Keep on keeping on! YouÂ’re a badass indeed
It gets better.......
'archer'
Rawls 1392
I believe.....

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2018, 02:38:00 PM »
Quote from: worktowin
Day 54

One thing that goes missing after you quit dip is sleep. That, and pleasant dreams. The initial few weeks were really bad - like hardly 3-4 hours of sleep in all, interspersed with a lot of awake time. It was pure hell, I came to dread going to bed. I was totally miserable and lived my days feeling like a zombie. Things kind of changed around the 5 week mark. I also started following a few good sleeping habits - sleeping at the same time every night, no mobile phone in bed and a shower 60 minutes before hitting the sack. Around 4-5 hours of sound sleep. But, still no dreams!

Well, this changed yesternight! Slept for a neat 9 hours. Had the most pleasant of dreams... Woke up feeling fresher than a daisy. *Come on life, throw anything at me and I will handle it!* It's that kind of a feeling! Nocturnal life is back on track! When they say "it gets better", believe them!

Love this! Just wait thereÂ’s so much more coming. It will have an impact on your life in ways you could never think of. You start thinking of your health and well being a whole lot more. Keep on keeping on! YouÂ’re a badass indeed
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2018, 02:30:00 PM »
Day 54

Online quitNWinay

• Quit Pro
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2018, 12:34:00 AM »
Day 54

I am a caver...

Can't quit quitting!

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
  • Interests: Family, fishing, football, friends and being quitI love my wife and two daughters. I'm not perfect but strive every day to be better.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2018, 09:14:00 PM »
Quote from: Doofus
DAY 237

Officially now into unchartered quit waters. Never been quit this long, never felt this strong in my quit. KTC works people, I continue to feel gratitude and honor towards a complete set of strangers who help save my life one day at a time. Thanks KTC
Congratulations on another successful day, Brother! Thank you for being around. Your enthusiasm is infectious, really... Whenever my quit gives me a bad time, I just look at your avatar and world seems like a better place!
That's her job, she is a pro

Online quitNWinay

• Quit Pro
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2018, 09:09:00 PM »
Quote from: Doofus
DAY 237

Officially now into unchartered quit waters. Never been quit this long, never felt this strong in my quit. KTC works people, I continue to feel gratitude and honor towards a complete set of strangers who help save my life one day at a time. Thanks KTC
Congratulations on another successful day, Brother! Thank you for being around. Your enthusiasm is infectious, really... Whenever my quit gives me a bad time, I just look at your avatar and world seems like a better place!
I am a caver...

Can't quit quitting!

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
  • Interests: Family, fishing, football, friends and being quitI love my wife and two daughters. I'm not perfect but strive every day to be better.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2018, 06:53:00 PM »
Poof

Online quitNWinay

• Quit Pro
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2018, 09:22:00 PM »
Day 48 - Back from a week long vacation... 7 days of total quit-bliss!

I met this cousin who's a champion dipper. As the coversation went, he blamed the high school bunch for his dipping addiction. Some people just don't get it - I am not an addict because of bad parenting. Or because of a sport, or the kids I hung out with at school. It is not because of my occupation, neither because life found a way of kicking me in the nuts every now and then. Or because of the way dip is marketed and sold at gas stations. The can never ever jumped off the shelf, into my pocket or into my mouth. I made that decision of buying the can every damn day. Paid with my hard earned money to keep the addiction going. I was an addict because I loved tobacco. Because, I thought I could remain functional only with that bitch in my mouth. I fuelled my addiction by not ever seriously giving up on tobacco - till 48 days ago!

It is important to understand and acknowledge that it is only me that is to blame for my addiction - OWN UP!!! I think that's the first step towards a new life!
I am a caver...

Can't quit quitting!

Offline Hutch18

• Quitter
  • Interests: Keeping up with my 3 boys. Coaching basketball at the YMCA and serving on the Sports Committee.Trying to keep God in everything and daily making him my Lord and Savior.
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2018, 09:11:00 PM »
Quote from: FLLipOut
Quote from: Rawls
Day 40 - I am traveling and will be travelling for the next 4 days. Usually, this would have been 4 odd days of continued dip-bliss. Not this time around... As I sit here and watch outside the train window, I realise that the world is still as beautiful without that bitch inside your mouth. I also realise that I am thinking of dip less frequently. Craves are not too scary these days... Thank you KTC!
Remember brother....
The nick b$#%* is in the hotel parking lot doing push-ups!
I always think about it more when traveling and hunting.
But I also usually have more free time traveling to stay on KTC!
Know your enemy.... Be prepared to fight and say No.
And have plenty of backup.
I quit with you today.
Rawls 1379
Listen to this quit stud ^^^^ he will keep you in the right direction. We canÂ’t get to comfortable she will pounce on any opportunity. Cocky donÂ’t work in this addiction. Staying active here and keeping accountability works! Quit on

Pab 1339
^^^ Said McStud, himself!!!

You are crushing it, quitNWinay! And your enthusiasm, determination and spirit makes KTC a better place! Thanks for invigorating my quit!
Thank you for all the support, brothers... You people make KTC a wonderful place!
Proud to quit with you today and every day after.
Addicts don't quit once for a lifetime, they quit daily for a lifetime.

Online quitNWinay

• Quit Pro
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2018, 09:01:00 PM »
Quote from: FLLipOut
Day 40 - I am traveling and will be travelling for the next 4 days. Usually, this would have been 4 odd days of continued dip-bliss. Not this time around... As I sit here and watch outside the train window, I realise that the world is still as beautiful without that bitch inside your mouth. I also realise that I am thinking of dip less frequently. Craves are not too scary these days... Thank you KTC!
Remember brother....
I quit with you today.
Rawls 1379
Listen to this quit stud ^^^^ he will keep you in the right direction. We canÂ’t get to comfortable she will pounce on any opportunity. Cocky donÂ’t work in this addiction. Staying active here and keeping accountability works! Quit on

Pab 1339

You are crushing it, quitNWinay! And your enthusiasm, determination and spirit makes KTC a better place! Thanks for invigorating my quit!
Thank you for all the support, brothers... You people make KTC a wonderful place!
I am a caver...

Can't quit quitting!

Offline FLLipOut

• Master of Quit
  • Lady Arsonist
  • Quit Date: 07/22/16
  • Likes Given: 2555
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2018, 10:47:00 AM »
Remember brother....
I quit with you today.
Rawls 1379

Pab 1339

Just one and you will be back to where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are now.
"The best way out is always through." - Robert Frost
"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!" - Samwise Gamgee
HOF: 10.29.16 | FL 2: 02.06.17 | FL 3: 05.17.17 | Y1: 07.22.17 | FL 4: 08.25.17 | FL 5: 12.03.17 | FL 6: 03.13.18 | FL 7: 06.21.18 | Y2: 07.22.18 | FL 8: 09.29.18 | FL 9: 01.07.19 | COMMA , : 04.17.19 | Y3: 07.22.19 | FL 11: 07.26.19 | FL 12: 11.03.19 | FL 13: 02.11.20 | FL 14: 05.21.20 | Y4: 07.22.20 | FL 15: 08.29.20  | FL 16: 12.07.20 | FL 17: 03.17.21 | FL 18: 06.25.21 | Y5: 07.22.21 | FL 19: 06.25.21 | FL 20 ,, : 01.11.22 | FL 21: 04.21.22 | Y6: 07.22.22 | FL 22: 07.30.22 | FL 23: 11.07.22 | FL 24: 02.15.23 | FL 25: 05.26.23 | Y7: 07.22.23 | FL 26: 09.03.23 | FL 27: 12.12.23 | FL 28: 03.21.24

Offline Doc2quit4good

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quitting since 9/18/13!!!!
  • Quit Date: 9/18/13
  • Interests: Non motorized biking, Geetar, Jazz Music(Not Jazz Flute), Quitting Skoal Forever!
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2018, 09:56:00 AM »
Quote from: Steakbomb18
Remember brother....
I quit with you today.
Rawls 1379

Pab 1339
"The nic b$#%* is in the hotel parking lot doing push-ups" I couldn't have said it any better. Rawls is right and those were never blissful days. They were days of self-medicating misery and the biatch had her wrapped around our finger. No more though. Now, she's doing push ups and kissing our feet every rep.
I like the fact that you realize the world is a great place without nicotine. It certainly is.. Stand strong and do whatever it takes to keep that shit out of your mouth!!! Thanks for the support in Dec '13!!!
NO MO SKOAL!!! I MEAN NEVER AGAIN!!!
Real Quit Day 9/18/2013 8th Floor 11/26/15
HOF day: 12/26/2013. 9th Floor 3/5/16
2nd Floor: 4/5/14 Comma Day 6/13/16!!!
3rd Floor 7/14/2014. 3 Years 9/18/6!!!
1 Year 9/17/2014. 11th Floor 9/21/16
4th Floor 10/22/14. 12th Floor 12/30/16
Half Comma 1/30/15. 13th Floor 4/8/17
6th Floor 5/10/15 4 Years 9/18/17!!!
7th Floor 8/18/15. 15th Floor 10/26/17
2 Years 9/17/15 16th Floor 2/3/18
5 Years 9/18/18  17th Floor 5/14/18