Author Topic: Tired  (Read 8336 times)

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • LTBE- Quittin since 12/30/20
  • Interests: traveling,Hunting,backpacking, Fully Sending it, working out, reading, God, Motivation
  • Likes Given: 1868
Re: Tired
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2021, 07:58:59 AM »
I am so sick of chew. The money, the cancer, the 'do i have enough until morning?'. Hiding it from my family because I am ashamed, mouth all chewed to hell and yellow teeth. I really just want to be done with it. I am not 100% sure where to even start, i almost feel sick just talking about it.

My name is Harold.
I been dipping for at least 37 years, maybe longer.

Closing in on a couple weeks. I don't really know how to describe it, but definitely not felt like myself. I am so irritable and it's very difficult to focus for long periods. My 'method' seems to be to be triggered (by everything), let the impulse happen and then quickly move on from it. Repeat. I've noticed that I'll go an hour or so and never think about a dip, that's a nice feeling.

it gets better. It took me until the 150s to really get into cruise control. Even through the early 100s I was having bouts irritability.  Take things ODAAT and now that their is the light of the end of the tunnel.
Keep doing what your doing Harold! your body is rewiring so the more you fight it the more it will realize nicotine is not your life any more. Be sure to sling your rage here or on your group page if you need to. we have all been there pissed off and feeling like were backed into a corner. the more you Stack the wins the more you forget about how bad the suck is. The Fog kicked my ass, and as mac just said still kicks my Ass from time to time but they are fewer and far inbetween. Keep on roll get digits you can hold others accountable and we can do the same back at you. Brotherhood + Accountability= Success.
I may not be a smart man, but I know what quit is! -Quitest Gump-
     -Don't plan for the future, Quit for today!-
"The way to get started is to (quit) talking and begin doing." Walt Disney
~you cant plan your quit you just have to do it, both feet free fall.~
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once"
Daily Devotional

Offline macattack

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • April Thunderbirds 2021
  • Likes Given: 257
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2021, 11:27:29 PM »
I am so sick of chew. The money, the cancer, the 'do i have enough until morning?'. Hiding it from my family because I am ashamed, mouth all chewed to hell and yellow teeth. I really just want to be done with it. I am not 100% sure where to even start, i almost feel sick just talking about it.

My name is Harold.

Closing in on a couple weeks. I don't really know how to describe it, but definitely not felt like myself. I am so irritable and it's very difficult to focus for long periods. My 'method' seems to be to be triggered (by everything), let the impulse happen and then quickly move on from it. Repeat. I've noticed that I'll go an hour or so and never think about a dip, that's a nice feeling.

it gets better. It took me until the 150s to really get into cruise control. Even through the early 100s I was having bouts irritability.  Take things ODAAT and now that their is the light of the end of the tunnel.

Quit 12.23.20 | HOF 04.01.21 | 2nd Floor 07.10.21 | 3rd Floor 10.18.21 | 1 YR 12.23.21 | 4th Floor 01.26.22

Offline Harold

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2021, 10:25:55 PM »

My name is Harold.

Offline CTF

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2021, 03:02:20 PM »

My name is Harold.

Throw it all away, drain it down the toilet.
Get into august and post your promise to quit.

https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=17044.0

Get digits from fellow quitters. KTC provides you with all the tools to be quit, you just have to follow the system and start now. There’s no better time.

@Harold
Great Intro. As someone who is coming up a year away from the stuff I can tell you all the mouth chewed up, hiding it from the family (trust me they know), cancer concerns yellow teeth stuff makes a ton of sense and is a legitimate number of reasons for quitting. Something I haven't thought about in a year is the do I have enough until the morning. God finally saying I am done with this crap and walking away from it, for real, is such a freedom. There is so much upside to quitting and once you get past the physical addiction handling your addiction becomes easier. Stay strong, put in the work and get it done. Make this investment in you. Post your daily promise to the group and be accountable as you step forward away from bullshit.

Hello Harold (Do you have a purple crayon?)
Our stories are all different. Our stories are all the same.
Good job starting an intro. I do you that you're not a post n ghost. We get a lot of those.
Some start an intro and you never hear from them again. If you've been doing this for 37 years I'm thinking you've tried before. I'm thinkin you've failed before or your wouldn't be here.
If you're tired of the slavery, drink the kood-aid and try freedom the KTC way. I was a slave for 37 years too. I'm free today.
Glad you're here.
Quitting with you today.

@Harold
I am proud of you that you posted your promise today. Rinse and repeat tomorrow.

I am sure you have been down this path before, I mean we all tried to quit in the past right? Here is what's going to be different this time:

1) Keep posting and reach out to people, this site has a ton of people who are here to help.

2) If you are really honest with yourself you know exactly why each past quit didn't stick. Make this one different. Learn from your mistakes and beat this bullshit addiction one day at a time. That's all it takes one day at a time.

3) I'd you feel the urge to cave drink some water, do 5 pushups, take a walk, chew some gum, whatever it takes to wake up tomorrow and post your promise you are nicotine free. My 1st week I tried to go to bed early and sleep as much as possible because if I was unconscious I didn't want to chew. You will know what works for you just keep leaning forward.

4) Things are going to get weird. You will most likely be a dick to people around you while you continue this journey, at least for the next 1-21 days. Let them know what you are doing and apologize in advance. You are going to crave so plan for it and figure out how to keep saying no. You might have dip dreams and it will piss you off. They are weird and just accept them as your brain letting go of the chemicals and habits 37 years of chew has done to you.

5) Good News: You don't have to worry about if you have enough to get through tomorrow. You won't have shitty ass spit cans laying around. In time food will taste better, your sense of smell improves, your mouth will heal and your teeth will whiten.  A month after I quit I went and bought the best whitening tooth paste I could find and I continue to use it today. For me it is a twice/three times daily reminder why I won't chew again.

If you need help or have questions shoot me a private message (PM) and we can exchange numbers if you need or you can send a note to any vet on this site asking for help/support. No need to reinvent the wheel. All of our journeys are unique but the outcome is the same.

Cheers,

CTF 

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1654
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2021, 02:01:40 PM »

My name is Harold.

Get digits from fellow quitters. KTC provides you with all the tools to be quit, you just have to follow the system and start now. There’s no better time.

@Harold
Great Intro. As someone who is coming up a year away from the stuff I can tell you all the mouth chewed up, hiding it from the family (trust me they know), cancer concerns yellow teeth stuff makes a ton of sense and is a legitimate number of reasons for quitting. Something I haven't thought about in a year is the do I have enough until the morning. God finally saying I am done with this crap and walking away from it, for real, is such a freedom. There is so much upside to quitting and once you get past the physical addiction handling your addiction becomes easier. Stay strong, put in the work and get it done. Make this investment in you. Post your daily promise to the group and be accountable as you step forward away from bullshit.

Hello Harold (Do you have a purple crayon?)
Our stories are all different. Our stories are all the same.
Good job starting an intro. I do you that you're not a post n ghost. We get a lot of those.
Some start an intro and you never hear from them again. If you've been doing this for 37 years I'm thinking you've tried before. I'm thinkin you've failed before or your wouldn't be here.
If you're tired of the slavery, drink the kood-aid and try freedom the KTC way. I was a slave for 37 years too. I'm free today.
Glad you're here.
Quitting with you today.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 02:03:22 PM by Athan »
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline CTF

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2021, 01:57:33 PM »

My name is Harold.

@Harold

Offline macattack

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • April Thunderbirds 2021
  • Likes Given: 257
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2021, 01:11:48 PM »

My name is Harold.

Quit 12.23.20 | HOF 04.01.21 | 2nd Floor 07.10.21 | 3rd Floor 10.18.21 | 1 YR 12.23.21 | 4th Floor 01.26.22

Offline Harold

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
Tired
« on: May 22, 2021, 12:29:35 PM »

My name is Harold.