Author Topic: Quit Date 7-6-21 2100HRS  (Read 3016 times)

Offline zav3nd

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 07/01/2021
  • Likes Given: 94
Re: Quit Date 7-6-21 2100HRS
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2021, 06:00:29 PM »
I’m having a hard time with this forums layout in regards to messages and responses. I am officially 5 days nicotine free. To my surprise I believe I’m past the worst of the withdraws. Now it’s just a mind game. Thank you all that have reached out.

If you go to "My Messages", then "Preferences ->change settings" I have display personal messages 'as a conversation', and save a copy of each personal message in my sent items by default. It makes it into something more like most forums.

https://i.imgur.com/L72xxvh.jpeg

If you mean posting roll. October 2021 Group I just leave it open on my computer and refresh it. The very first post has instructions, but basically:

Refresh the page, scroll past the "pinned" post to the first newest post with todays date. Quote and add your name into the list.

Heres one with pictures if that helps:
https://www.killthecan.org/community/how-to-post-roll-call-roll-call-instructions/

But maybe you mean because your couple posts were ~2hrs before the roll is updated, I'd say just throw your name how you were, or you could probably start the new roll if you're comfortable with it. Pretty sure its just clearing out the names and updating the date, or here's the code blank and ready to go, just needs the date updated.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline MikeW2018

• Quit Berserker
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Nov Nuthouse 2018
  • Quit Date: 9-17-2018
  • Likes Given: 724
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2021, 08:26:51 AM »
Date Registered:
    July 08, 2021, 10:49:30 AM
Local Time:
    July 11, 2021, 09:12:07 PM
Last Active:
    Today at 11:35:14 AM

---

I tagged you at our quit group :
« Reply #374 on: Today at 11:26:36 AM »

@Jclayc2 Where you at? How're you doing?

---

So you saw that, please don't ignore. Whatever you tell yourself to convince yourself, I can tell you that you are lying. Putting that shit in your mouth doesn't make you manly, doesn't grow hair on your balls, it really wont make women like you. If you did just let us know, the old farts will have questions. I have questions but if you want to post day 1 again, I wont judge, hell if you post day 1 next month, or next year you will still be better than me: 'Stop for 6 months, double usage, and stay a dumbfuck for 4 years'.

Don't be me. You've found the exit, stay on it. Get numbers, get mine in your pm... pm others for theirs. Don't wait for an offer. Make rules for yourself, at this point its a bitch, but if I have to text the two ktc people in my phone to put copenhagen in my lip, I'd rather chop both my nuts off. MikeW2018 is scary (might give you a dip enema) , and Nic-Otinefree is nice but...
Wait @MikeW2018 has transitioned into nuts to butts? Be careful of that dude! and never open any of his picture text......
Heh heh heh
I am in competition with no one.I seek only to be better tomorrow than I was today

Success is never owned. It is rented and the rent is due each day

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • LTBE- Quittin since 12/30/20
  • Interests: traveling,Hunting,backpacking, Fully Sending it, working out, reading, God, Motivation
  • Likes Given: 1868
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2021, 07:23:55 AM »
Date Registered:
Local Time:
Last Active:

---

---

So you saw that, please don't ignore. Whatever you tell yourself to convince yourself, I can tell you that you are lying. Putting that shit in your mouth doesn't make you manly, doesn't grow hair on your balls, it really wont make women like you. If you did just let us know, the old farts will have questions. I have questions but if you want to post day 1 again, I wont judge, hell if you post day 1 next month, or next year you will still be better than me: 'Stop for 6 months, double usage, and stay a dumbfuck for 4 years'.

Don't be me. You've found the exit, stay on it. Get numbers, get mine in your pm... pm others for theirs. Don't wait for an offer. Make rules for yourself, at this point its a bitch, but if I have to text the two ktc people in my phone to put copenhagen in my lip, I'd rather chop both my nuts off. MikeW2018 is scary (might give you a dip enema) , and Nic-Otinefree is nice but...
Wait @MikeW2018 has transitioned into nuts to butts? Be careful of that dude! and never open any of his picture text......
I may not be a smart man, but I know what quit is! -Quitest Gump-
     -Don't plan for the future, Quit for today!-
"The way to get started is to (quit) talking and begin doing." Walt Disney
~you cant plan your quit you just have to do it, both feet free fall.~
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once"
Daily Devotional

Offline Jclayc2

• Likes Given: 1
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2021, 10:52:28 PM »
I’m having a hard time with this forums layout in regards to messages and responses. I am officially 5 days nicotine free. To my surprise I believe I’m past the worst of the withdraws. Now it’s just a mind game. Thank you all that have reached out. 

Offline zav3nd

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 07/01/2021
  • Likes Given: 94
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2021, 09:36:40 PM »
Date Registered:
Local Time:
Last Active:

---

---

Offline Natro

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: October 20, 2014
  • Interests: Quitting, cooking, reading, travelling, meeting other quitters.
  • Likes Given: 72
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2021, 09:37:22 AM »
Congrats on the great decision Jclay! It's nice to see you on roll in October. ODAAT!
Proud January 2015 "Shell"er
He who controls the spice controls the universe.

Offline Aumegrad

• Quitter
    • INTRO
  • Quit Date: 7/23/18
  • Likes Given: 253
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2021, 07:22:33 AM »
… I’m hoping to keep pushing through!

Great insight provided below.  I will simply state the following:

Never ‘Hope’, just ‘Do’.  Only YOU have control over this addiction and YOU WILL defeat it!  Let’s go …

Aumegrad 1,083
Who is Aumegrad ???? ...

What were his thoughts at 100 days ???? ... [url=http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?topic=722.0]HoF

Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win. (1 Corinthians 9:24)

Offline GS9502

• Quitting MoFo
  • "A Little Bit Off"
  • Quit Date: 02/28/2020
  • Interests: Georgia Southern football and baseball, outdoor stuff, movies, music
  • Likes Given: 270
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2021, 09:59:09 PM »
Welcome, my fellow quitter! Buddy, you made the right choice. Quitting is not something you have to do alone. Keith0617 gave you the key to success with the link to the October roll. You've got brothers there waiting on you. They know exactly what you're going through, as we all do. That fog sucks. As Nic Free told you, it's here for a while, at least until your brain rewires itself. That's why you need this place, these people, @Jclayc2. We know because we've been there, too.

Remember these things:
1. Own your quit. This is about you, nobody else.
2. Don't worry about tomorrow. Your promise is for 24 hours. Post your promise early and keep it ODAAT (One Day At A Time).
3. Read all you can on this site. There are miles of wisdom and experience here. Use it to your advantage.
4. Make connections with other quitters. Trade digits via Private Messaging.
5. Maintain accountability. We hold you to your promise; you hold us to ours.

and most importantly...

6. KEEP YOUR WORD. It's all we have of yours. Make it worth something.

The KTC formula is simple: Brotherhood + Accountability = Success

I'm proud to be quit with you. If you want my digits, simply send me a PM. They are yours as long as I get yours in return.

GS9502 - 497 days of rock-hard quit and counting ODAAT.

Thank you for your continued service!
Renegade of Quit
"For my purpose holds to sail beyond the sunset, and the baths of all the western stars, until I die." - Ulysses, Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1908
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2021, 07:55:40 PM »
Hello all,

I am a 29 yr old police officer / marine corps veteran. I’ve been dipping heavily since I was 18. 1-3 cans a day. I recently accidentally quit dipping. I ran out of dip after work around 8pm and decided to go to sleep instead of go back out for dip. I slept most of the morning the next day and realized I hadn’t dipped for several hours almost 12-14
hours to be exact. I figured I could push through and attempt to break this habit. Today I am well over 40hours no nicotine. It seems unreal / like a dream. Very bad brain fog and concentration. I’m hoping to keep pushing through!
It will be like that for a little while friend. it takes 3-5 days for nicotine to be completely out of your system. But your brain and body will be rewiring for a few months. That brain fog holds on for awhile but if you stick the course it gets better i promise you that. Join The October 21 quit group. It Sucks until it doesnt man trust me. We only do things here , One Day At A time , post a promise for 24 hours and will keep you on track. There will be days you take it sec. by sec. , min. by min. at that is completely normal cause you posted your promise by wupping ( Waking up Piss Posting). you got this ! do it for you first and everyone else second.
@Jclayc2 welcome to KTC. Here is the link to your freedom https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=17094.0. Wake up and post roll first thing every morning. This process is you giving your word to stay nicotine free for the day. Then just keep your promise and repeat the following day.

Let’s clear up a few things. You don’t have a habit. You have an addiction and nicotine is your drug. You will always be an addict just like the rest of us. Drink a ton of water, exercise but get some extra rest, and have a plan for when the cravings start. My suggestion would be to get some gum, seeds, or fake dip to help when the cravings come and they will come. Start posting roll and start to make connections with fellow quitters. Exchange digits only through personal messages, not her or on the forum.

You can quit and we are here to help. Use us and stop trying to quit alone. 
Jan19

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • LTBE- Quittin since 12/30/20
  • Interests: traveling,Hunting,backpacking, Fully Sending it, working out, reading, God, Motivation
  • Likes Given: 1868
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2021, 02:43:44 PM »
Hello all,

I am a 29 yr old police officer / marine corps veteran. I’ve been dipping heavily since I was 18. 1-3 cans a day. I recently accidentally quit dipping. I ran out of dip after work around 8pm and decided to go to sleep instead of go back out for dip. I slept most of the morning the next day and realized I hadn’t dipped for several hours almost 12-14
hours to be exact. I figured I could push through and attempt to break this habit. Today I am well over 40hours no nicotine. It seems unreal / like a dream. Very bad brain fog and concentration. I’m hoping to keep pushing through!
It will be like that for a little while friend. it takes 3-5 days for nicotine to be completely out of your system. But your brain and body will be rewiring for a few months. That brain fog holds on for awhile but if you stick the course it gets better i promise you that. Join The October 21 quit group. It Sucks until it doesnt man trust me. We only do things here , One Day At A time , post a promise for 24 hours and will keep you on track. There will be days you take it sec. by sec. , min. by min. at that is completely normal cause you posted your promise by wupping ( Waking up Piss Posting). you got this ! do it for you first and everyone else second.
I may not be a smart man, but I know what quit is! -Quitest Gump-
     -Don't plan for the future, Quit for today!-
"The way to get started is to (quit) talking and begin doing." Walt Disney
~you cant plan your quit you just have to do it, both feet free fall.~
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once"
Daily Devotional

Offline Jclayc2

• Likes Given: 1
Quit Date 7-6-21 2100HRS
« on: July 08, 2021, 01:56:21 PM »
Hello all,