Author Topic: Happy to join this group of quitters!  (Read 5987 times)

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
Re: Happy to join this group of quitters!
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2021, 03:53:14 PM »
Man lately I haven’t had any cravings just god awful sinus and neck stiffness/pain.

I’ve also become a hypochondriac on cancer scares! Think everything is throat or mouth cancer.

It gets better mossback. I had those fears until the 200s. My second cleaning really got rid of those fears when my dentist told me my mouth was really healing nicely. Take each day at a time and know that it does get better.
I had the same fears but know I don’t mind a visit to the dentist. They compliment me and I share KTC with them so they can hopefully get another addict to become a quitter. You will never regret quitting but you will always regret caving. It only gets better. Shoot me a pm is you want to exchange digits. We all need help at times.

I did go to the dentist a couple weeks ago and he said my mouth was healing and wasn’t too worried about the spot in my gum/lip but it’s been 6 weeks since I quit and it still hasn’t gone away! So I guess it just constantly freaks me out a bit. It does look better than it did the day I quit though.
I still have a few spots, not cancer. They are just scares left from my previously stupid decisions. Rest easy, your mouth will be healing for a while.
If your neck stiffness and ear issues persist you could very well have silent reflux issues. I had it show up when I quit and still deal with it daily but then again I had it for years and never knew what it was that caused those issues. That darn tobacco suppressed it and now I am paying the price.
Glad you made that decision to change and you found the right place also. My digits are yours also and only a pm away. Quit with you today my friend and God bless you for quitting.

Doug

Day 60 tomorrow and it seems like the acid reflux/indigestion has gotten horrible! I did have a run of infection and antibiotics just prior to it happening which might have sparked it but god damn it’s horrible and I’ve never experienced these issues before in my life.
@Mossback91  I was diagnosed with silent reflux and had to completely change my diet. Look into www.wipeoutreflux.com and that will give you info to start but I have had to start taking 20mg of Nexium each day which helps but I still have issues. I had ultrasound to check my gall bladder and pancreas and that was okay. Had the hidda test done to check gall bladder functionality and that was okay. Now I have a consult for an upper gi scope monday to get that done. Keep looking into it and reading as we have changed our whole gut structure with tobacco and you actually could have had it for years without knowing. I always had an issue but never could pinpoint the issue until I quit. I am 543 days quit and it is a whole lot better now then in the 60’s where you are at but I have a whole lot more knowledge to battle this with also. My digits are yours and only a pm away. Proud to quit with ya my friend.

Doug

I got it horrible with the doxycycline where it basically roached my throat but I’ve been slowly progressing daily. Had to quit drinking coffee! Really sucks I loved coffee and big fatty ribeyes!
Yup, 2 things this guy also loves but can have in small amounts, lol.

Offline Mossback91

• Likes Given: 0
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2021, 11:58:37 AM »
Man lately I haven’t had any cravings just god awful sinus and neck stiffness/pain.

I’ve also become a hypochondriac on cancer scares! Think everything is throat or mouth cancer.

It gets better mossback. I had those fears until the 200s. My second cleaning really got rid of those fears when my dentist told me my mouth was really healing nicely. Take each day at a time and know that it does get better.
I had the same fears but know I don’t mind a visit to the dentist. They compliment me and I share KTC with them so they can hopefully get another addict to become a quitter. You will never regret quitting but you will always regret caving. It only gets better. Shoot me a pm is you want to exchange digits. We all need help at times.

I did go to the dentist a couple weeks ago and he said my mouth was healing and wasn’t too worried about the spot in my gum/lip but it’s been 6 weeks since I quit and it still hasn’t gone away! So I guess it just constantly freaks me out a bit. It does look better than it did the day I quit though.
I still have a few spots, not cancer. They are just scares left from my previously stupid decisions. Rest easy, your mouth will be healing for a while.
If your neck stiffness and ear issues persist you could very well have silent reflux issues. I had it show up when I quit and still deal with it daily but then again I had it for years and never knew what it was that caused those issues. That darn tobacco suppressed it and now I am paying the price.
Glad you made that decision to change and you found the right place also. My digits are yours also and only a pm away. Quit with you today my friend and God bless you for quitting.

Doug

Day 60 tomorrow and it seems like the acid reflux/indigestion has gotten horrible! I did have a run of infection and antibiotics just prior to it happening which might have sparked it but god damn it’s horrible and I’ve never experienced these issues before in my life.
@Mossback91  I was diagnosed with silent reflux and had to completely change my diet. Look into www.wipeoutreflux.com and that will give you info to start but I have had to start taking 20mg of Nexium each day which helps but I still have issues. I had ultrasound to check my gall bladder and pancreas and that was okay. Had the hidda test done to check gall bladder functionality and that was okay. Now I have a consult for an upper gi scope monday to get that done. Keep looking into it and reading as we have changed our whole gut structure with tobacco and you actually could have had it for years without knowing. I always had an issue but never could pinpoint the issue until I quit. I am 543 days quit and it is a whole lot better now then in the 60’s where you are at but I have a whole lot more knowledge to battle this with also. My digits are yours and only a pm away. Proud to quit with ya my friend.

Doug

I got it horrible with the doxycycline where it basically roached my throat but I’ve been slowly progressing daily. Had to quit drinking coffee! Really sucks I loved coffee and big fatty ribeyes!

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2021, 07:18:24 AM »

Doug

Doug

Offline Mossback91

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2021, 07:06:14 PM »

Doug

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2021, 03:47:21 PM »

Doug

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 2001
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2021, 02:50:03 PM »

Jan19

Offline Mossback91

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2021, 02:12:47 PM »

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2021, 02:06:42 PM »

Jan19

Offline macattack

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • April Thunderbirds 2021
  • Likes Given: 257
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2021, 02:03:48 PM »

Quit 12.23.20 | HOF 04.01.21 | 2nd Floor 07.10.21 | 3rd Floor 10.18.21 | 1 YR 12.23.21 | 4th Floor 01.26.22

Offline Mossback91

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2021, 12:02:46 PM »

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2021, 09:04:34 AM »
I left the site for a bit and for that I am sorry guys! But I didn’t stop quitting!! ;D
@Mossback91
Here is the link to start posting roll. Start using it. Stop trying to quit alone. https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=17094.0
Jan19

Offline MikeW2018

• Quit Berserker
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Nov Nuthouse 2018
  • Quit Date: 9-17-2018
  • Likes Given: 724
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2021, 05:31:04 AM »
Hello all I’m new! Quit June 30th somewhere around 5am figure I’ve been a daily dipper for around 13 years. Progressed all the way up to about 1 1/2 to 2 cans a day. I’ve quit multiple times longest being a month but I’m committed this time. This also being the worst I’ve ever felt physically during a quit. Damn mouth and throat just feel dry!! Dry lips! It’s horrible!

Hopefully you remember this feeli g and never want to go thru it again @Mossback91
I am in competition with no one.I seek only to be better tomorrow than I was today

Success is never owned. It is rented and the rent is due each day

Offline Mossback91

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2021, 11:25:33 PM »
I left the site for a bit and for that I am sorry guys! But I didn’t stop quitting!! ;D

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2021, 11:23:45 AM »
Welcome, @Mossback91! You've made a smart choice by not doing this on your own this time around. Everybody here knows exactly what you're dealing with.

You will be in the October '21 Quit Group. Click the link, and go post your promise to stay quit for 24 hours. The group already has a few quitters in it, so you've got brothers waiting on you.

Take some time to read as much as you can on the site. There's loads of good advice for the mental and physical crap you're dealing with right now and will be dealing with for some time to come. Drink plenty of water, exercise, and focus on 24 hours at a time.

Exchange digits through Personal Messages with your quit brothers and sisters. It may seem weird to trade numbers with total strangers, but I promise they won't be strangers for long. They are your Quit Lifelines when you get rages, craves, the fog, etc. My digits are yours if you want them, but I get yours in return.

It's all about ACCOUNTABILITY here. The formula is simple: Accountability + Brotherhood = Success.

If you have questions, just ask. Post your roll each morning as early as you can. It's called WUPP - Wake Up, Piss, Post. Once you make that promise to your fellow quitters, keep it for 24 hours. Then repeat.

Welcome to KTC, buddy. I'm proud to be quit with you.
GS9502 - 503 days of kickass Quit and counting ODAAT
@Mossback91 you have been given the link to freedom. Use it. There is strength in numbers. We all failed on our own. Join a team that has a proven method of quitting. It is time to choose life over sucking on a dead plant. 
Jan19

Offline GS9502

• Quitting MoFo
  • "A Little Bit Off"
  • Quit Date: 02/28/2020
  • Interests: Georgia Southern football and baseball, outdoor stuff, movies, music
  • Likes Given: 270
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2021, 06:22:17 AM »
Welcome, @Mossback91! You've made a smart choice by not doing this on your own this time around. Everybody here knows exactly what you're dealing with.

You will be in the October '21 Quit Group. Click the link, and go post your promise to stay quit for 24 hours. The group already has a few quitters in it, so you've got brothers waiting on you.

Take some time to read as much as you can on the site. There's loads of good advice for the mental and physical crap you're dealing with right now and will be dealing with for some time to come. Drink plenty of water, exercise, and focus on 24 hours at a time.

Exchange digits through Personal Messages with your quit brothers and sisters. It may seem weird to trade numbers with total strangers, but I promise they won't be strangers for long. They are your Quit Lifelines when you get rages, craves, the fog, etc. My digits are yours if you want them, but I get yours in return.

It's all about ACCOUNTABILITY here. The formula is simple: Accountability + Brotherhood = Success.

If you have questions, just ask. Post your roll each morning as early as you can. It's called WUPP - Wake Up, Piss, Post. Once you make that promise to your fellow quitters, keep it for 24 hours. Then repeat.

Welcome to KTC, buddy. I'm proud to be quit with you.
GS9502 - 503 days of kickass Quit and counting ODAAT
Renegade of Quit
"For my purpose holds to sail beyond the sunset, and the baths of all the western stars, until I die." - Ulysses, Alfred, Lord Tennyson