Author Topic: Long-Time Lurker  (Read 3639 times)

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
Re: Long-Time Lurker
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2021, 10:13:34 AM »
Hey Everyone! I've been a long time lurker on the forum, but after these 5 days being dip free I decided it was best to make the move to being an active member so I could help myself get out of the fog.  I originally started using grizzly in college and got up to about a can a day for the past few years.  I started the switch to the 6mg Zyn's, but those ended up being the same thing in terms of going through a can a day.  I haven't dipped anything for the past 5 days and the anxiety/nervousness has been killing me to the point I've even been hesitant to go out to eat at restaurants. Sorry for long post, but it felt better to introduce myself and type it all out.
Keep blogging it out. Don't let up. Got a crave? Jump on in here and type it out - capture and document what you're going through.
Drink some water. Focus on a picture of a loved one. Grab some digits and call someone and talk it out. There's loudmouth keyboard warriors here but most of 'em have great big listening ears.
You've come so far - don't throw it away.
Quitting with you today.
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline bubblehed668

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit King
  • "The" Conductor
  • Quit Date: 03/22/2008
  • Likes Given: 658
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2021, 10:28:27 PM »
Hey Everyone! I've been a long time lurker on the forum, but after these 5 days being dip free I decided it was best to make the move to being an active member so I could help myself get out of the fog.  I originally started using grizzly in college and got up to about a can a day for the past few years.  I started the switch to the 6mg Zyn's, but those ended up being the same thing in terms of going through a can a day.  I haven't dipped anything for the past 5 days and the anxiety/nervousness has been killing me to the point I've even been hesitant to go out to eat at restaurants. Sorry for long post, but it felt better to introduce myself and type it all out.
Welcome to KTC @djn618. If I understand your post correctly, you last dipped on July 25th. If that is correct, you are in the Nov2021 quit group. Click on the link and start posting your daily promise to stay nicotine free for the day https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=17142.0 .  We wake up, piss, and post our promise to stay nicotine free for the day and then keep our word for the rest of the day. Repeat the process the following day. Only worry about quitting one day at a time. We will deal with tomorrow when it gets here. You can do this and we are here to help.
Welcome @djn618! Glad to see our first November '21 member.  PM me if you need digits.
I, too, had fog and anxiety big time during my first days.  I know it is hard getting through it, but take it minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day.  Don't let nicotine win.  You can do this!!!

It is easier when you post a promise not to use.  Keep your word.  You will be surprised how well it works.  Join Nov21 and quit with me.

Thank you for all the support.  Sorry I'm still getting used to the forum posting.  I just posted my promise over in the Nov group.  Biggest thing so far today has been the random waves of anxiety.  I never thought I was an anxious person, but this quit is definitely challenging that notion.
You are going to run into things now that you may think are unimaginable. If you read what to expect, you will find that those that went before you imagined it and made it through. Reach out to new and old for the help needed to beat this. Quitting is the biggest team sport you will find. Every quitter passes it forward to help those who are new to quitting so they are not alone. It is scary doing it by yourself. SO read up, "drink the kool-aid, grab yourself by the boot straps and hang for a wild ride. Life is going to get so much better as you move along your quit. Just be sure to WUPP EDD (Wake up, piss, post Every damn day). This workd so well as we just look at today and worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Se you in November tomorrow morning.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline djn618

• Likes Given: 2
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2021, 08:53:49 PM »
Welcome to KTC @djn618. If I understand your post correctly, you last dipped on July 25th. If that is correct, you are in the Nov2021 quit group. Click on the link and start posting your daily promise to stay nicotine free for the day https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=17142.0 .  We wake up, piss, and post our promise to stay nicotine free for the day and then keep our word for the rest of the day. Repeat the process the following day. Only worry about quitting one day at a time. We will deal with tomorrow when it gets here. You can do this and we are here to help.
Welcome @djn618! Glad to see our first November '21 member.  PM me if you need digits.
I, too, had fog and anxiety big time during my first days.  I know it is hard getting through it, but take it minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day.  Don't let nicotine win.  You can do this!!!

It is easier when you post a promise not to use.  Keep your word.  You will be surprised how well it works.  Join Nov21 and quit with me.

Thank you for all the support.  Sorry I'm still getting used to the forum posting.  I just posted my promise over in the Nov group.  Biggest thing so far today has been the random waves of anxiety.  I never thought I was an anxious person, but this quit is definitely challenging that notion.

Offline oldschool

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Quit Date: 10/08/2018
  • Likes Given: 397
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2021, 04:33:34 PM »

The only time you fail, is if you don't try

Offline Aggies94

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 278
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2021, 02:55:22 PM »
It ain't dying I'm talking about, it's living!

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 2030
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2021, 02:52:34 PM »
Jan19

Offline djn618

• Likes Given: 2
Long-Time Lurker
« on: July 30, 2021, 02:40:21 PM »