Author Topic: New Quitter (Again)  (Read 4258 times)

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
Re: New Quitter (Again)
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2021, 04:40:47 PM »
... In my mind I’ve always thought there would be some threshold - like, if I get past X number of days, then I won’t want to dip any more. I think I’m coming to realize that just isn’t the case.
Bro - that day is out there. Don't give up. Great job blogging it out - look how many quitters responded - look how many quits you've bolstered just by venting in here. I hope you've got some digits and have a quit brother on speed dial. Few things can shatter a crave better than actually talking through it with someone. Again - great job working through it and blogging it out. Don't roll solo!
Quitting with you today
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1904
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2021, 01:29:20 PM »
I need to just use my intro forum to vent. I’m craving dip just about every second of conscious wake time for the last three days and it’s driving me insane. Medically, I am no longer physically addicted, haven’t been for a while, but my desire - MY WANT - for dip just won’t go away.

I want it to go away. I want my health back. I want teeth and gums back. I want to continue having social interactions where I don’t have to search for a patch of grass or a trash can to spit on/in. I don’t want to want dip, but I do. And it’s fucking depressing.

I know the answer is likely somewhere between “suck it up” and “THAT is why you shouldn’t have caved the first time”. I get that, and it’s probably accurate. It’s not easy, and I never thought it would be. Sometimes it feels like it’ll never be easy, and I think that’s the scariest part. In my mind I’ve always thought there would be some threshold - like, if I get past X number of days, then I won’t want to dip any more. I think I’m coming to realize that just isn’t the case.
there will be a time and every person is different, what i can say is it comes and goes, which is a huge relief . after HOF i had some really bad days, and than i went like month and half of "normal" than back to the itch. this happens on and off. I love the goods days, Days like today i, like you, wish the itch and annoying agitation and crave in my dip stop would just go away. I post my promise and text my brotherhood but it does not make the pain go away but it does give me the sense of backup should i need them. also they know just how im feeling. We all cope the best we can. What ive come to learn is when the itch and suck  past and i make it to tomorrow i feel a sense of self power and entailment , like a cocky Fuck yeah i made it " suck it feeling" washes over me. Ill be taking it sec. by sec. with you today as we push on to a better tomorrow brother there will be a day that your pride of making it though these hard days will overwhelm you with joy. till that day comes keep grinding!
@CharliBluff1032 use your tools brother. Pick up the phone and call a fellow quitter. It is amazing what a shot in the arm that brother/sisterhood produces. Read HOF speeches and other information on the site. Focus only on today. We will deal with tomorrow when it comes. Reach out if I can help.
Jan19

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • LTBE- Quittin since 12/30/20
  • Interests: traveling,Hunting,backpacking, Fully Sending it, working out, reading, God, Motivation
  • Likes Given: 1868
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2021, 10:45:01 AM »
I need to just use my intro forum to vent. I’m craving dip just about every second of conscious wake time for the last three days and it’s driving me insane. Medically, I am no longer physically addicted, haven’t been for a while, but my desire - MY WANT - for dip just won’t go away.

I want it to go away. I want my health back. I want teeth and gums back. I want to continue having social interactions where I don’t have to search for a patch of grass or a trash can to spit on/in. I don’t want to want dip, but I do. And it’s fucking depressing.

I know the answer is likely somewhere between “suck it up” and “THAT is why you shouldn’t have caved the first time”. I get that, and it’s probably accurate. It’s not easy, and I never thought it would be. Sometimes it feels like it’ll never be easy, and I think that’s the scariest part. In my mind I’ve always thought there would be some threshold - like, if I get past X number of days, then I won’t want to dip any more. I think I’m coming to realize that just isn’t the case.
there will be a time and every person is different, what i can say is it comes and goes, which is a huge relief . after HOF i had some really bad days, and than i went like month and half of "normal" than back to the itch. this happens on and off. I love the goods days, Days like today i, like you, wish the itch and annoying agitation and crave in my dip stop would just go away. I post my promise and text my brotherhood but it does not make the pain go away but it does give me the sense of backup should i need them. also they know just how im feeling. We all cope the best we can. What ive come to learn is when the itch and suck  past and i make it to tomorrow i feel a sense of self power and entailment , like a cocky Fuck yeah i made it " suck it feeling" washes over me. Ill be taking it sec. by sec. with you today as we push on to a better tomorrow brother there will be a day that your pride of making it though these hard days will overwhelm you with joy. till that day comes keep grinding!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 10:47:58 AM by nick-Otine Free »
I may not be a smart man, but I know what quit is! -Quitest Gump-
     -Don't plan for the future, Quit for today!-
"The way to get started is to (quit) talking and begin doing." Walt Disney
~you cant plan your quit you just have to do it, both feet free fall.~
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once"
Daily Devotional

Offline CharliBluff1032

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hunting, golfing, hiking, baseball, reading, darts, board games, Jesus
  • Likes Given: 58
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2021, 09:18:12 AM »

Offline Aumegrad

• Quitter
    • INTRO
  • Quit Date: 7/23/18
  • Likes Given: 253
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2021, 08:21:11 AM »
Hi everyone,

New quitter (again), but my first time being a part of the KTC community.  I’ve quit cold turkey and quit using Chantix in the past, but like some others, Grizzly Wintergreen has been my safety net, my anxiety-reducer, my anger-soother and I went back to it. My dependency on nicotine has come to an end. I’m already anticipating the first one hour, trigger-inducing drive to work on Monday morning. If I’m being honest, my biggest fear is how poorly I anticipate treating my family at the start of my quit. I know they are supportive, but I also know how much of a jerk I am without my “Grizzly blankie”. I’m looking forward to getting to know y’all and, most importantly, I’m looking forward to being QUIT with you all.
@CharliBluff1032 Welcome!

I, too, have used nicotine as a means of controlling anxiety.  You, sir, are one step ahead of me though, as I never realized i was using nicotine to control my anxiety.  In the early stages of my quit, I was a different person.  A person my wife and family never met, and one they didn't like.  Finally one Saturday I broke down and cried on the couch.  My wife sat at my side comforting me.  That day of vulnerability, a side of me she had never seen, was the day I decided to not take the easy way out and use nicotine, but to get the help I needed to control my anxiety.

I encourage you to visit a doctor and discuss your issues.  If you are not ready for that right now, then drink a lot of water, exercise, take vitamins, and focus on a hobby that will take your mind off of things.  Some say CBD oil works wonders on anxiety - I don't have personal experience - but wanted to share.

Post roll in November 2021.  Make your promise not to use nicotine for the day.  Come back the next and do the same.

Proud to quit with you.
oldschool

I too have battled anxiety unexplained panic attacks etc. For me anxiety is super intense for the first 2 weeks of the quit. Then for 6 months, every morning I have a feeling of depression and dread until I get that workout in. After the workout all is good and I’m on top of the world.

The problem with the doctors sometimes is they’ll passively tell you to get more exercise. For me it’s my life blood and it’s so healthy. I wish doctors would stress it much more.

However, for extreme cases a doctor may be able to prescribe something to take the edge off. But that could become a crutch and prevent you from a real lifelong solution to feeling great everyday: exercise (weight training and cardio… both you need both)

emoney
I had a similar experience as oldschool.  I got a script for Wellbutrin for about 10 weeks and it was like a miracle.  Reduced the anxiety so I could actually physically carry out a thought at work with zero side effects.
I have similar stories as those above.  In addition to what has already been brilliantly stated, I will offer that quitting and the suckiness that accompanies it doesn’t give you the ‘right’ to be a d-bag to your loved ones.  Early in my quit, I leaned a little too much on the “poor me” and “they just don’t understand”.  With this mentality, I quickly elevated myself way above my family and treated them as such.  After my wife called me out one night, I realized that it was, for me anyways, my sole decision how I treat them, not my quit’s.  And I would no longer allow my quit to dictate how I treated my loved ones. At this point, it was a mental battle to force myself NOT to be angry towards the ones I loved.  Certainly tough, but little by little I fought it, each battle won propelled me to the better Aumegrad I am today, 1,126 days free!  Perhaps not for everyone, but these sorts of battles helped keep me quit and directed my anger more towards nic.
Who is Aumegrad ???? ...

What were his thoughts at 100 days ???? ... [url=http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?topic=722.0]HoF

Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win. (1 Corinthians 9:24)

Offline stillbrewing

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/5/19
  • Likes Given: 1076
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2021, 07:53:57 PM »
Hi everyone,

New quitter (again), but my first time being a part of the KTC community.  I’ve quit cold turkey and quit using Chantix in the past, but like some others, Grizzly Wintergreen has been my safety net, my anxiety-reducer, my anger-soother and I went back to it. My dependency on nicotine has come to an end. I’m already anticipating the first one hour, trigger-inducing drive to work on Monday morning. If I’m being honest, my biggest fear is how poorly I anticipate treating my family at the start of my quit. I know they are supportive, but I also know how much of a jerk I am without my “Grizzly blankie”. I’m looking forward to getting to know y’all and, most importantly, I’m looking forward to being QUIT with you all.

I, too, have used nicotine as a means of controlling anxiety.  You, sir, are one step ahead of me though, as I never realized i was using nicotine to control my anxiety.  In the early stages of my quit, I was a different person.  A person my wife and family never met, and one they didn't like.  Finally one Saturday I broke down and cried on the couch.  My wife sat at my side comforting me.  That day of vulnerability, a side of me she had never seen, was the day I decided to not take the easy way out and use nicotine, but to get the help I needed to control my anxiety.

I encourage you to visit a doctor and discuss your issues.  If you are not ready for that right now, then drink a lot of water, exercise, take vitamins, and focus on a hobby that will take your mind off of things.  Some say CBD oil works wonders on anxiety - I don't have personal experience - but wanted to share.

Post roll in November 2021.  Make your promise not to use nicotine for the day.  Come back the next and do the same.

Proud to quit with you.
oldschool

I too have battled anxiety unexplained panic attacks etc. For me anxiety is super intense for the first 2 weeks of the quit. Then for 6 months, every morning I have a feeling of depression and dread until I get that workout in. After the workout all is good and I’m on top of the world.

The problem with the doctors sometimes is they’ll passively tell you to get more exercise. For me it’s my life blood and it’s so healthy. I wish doctors would stress it much more.

However, for extreme cases a doctor may be able to prescribe something to take the edge off. But that could become a crutch and prevent you from a real lifelong solution to feeling great everyday: exercise (weight training and cardio… both you need both)

emoney
I had a similar experience as oldschool.  I got a script for Wellbutrin for about 10 weeks and it was like a miracle.  Reduced the anxiety so I could actually physically carry out a thought at work with zero side effects.
"Beginnings are usually scary and endings are usually sad, but it's everything in between that makes all worth living.  So, love the life you live, live the life you love." - Bob Marley

“La tristesse durera toujours." ~ Vincent van Gogh

"You can fuck off all the way to fuckoff mountain and jump off FUCKOFF point for all i care. Just post and stay quit." ~MikeW2018~

HOF-3/13/20; 2nd floor-6/21/20; 3rd floor-9/29/20; 1 year-12/3/20; 4th floor-1/7/21; 5th floor-4/17/21; 6th floor-7/26/21

HOF Speech Here

Offline emoney

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2021-08-05
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2021, 11:46:32 AM »
Hi everyone,

Proud to quit with you.
oldschool

emoney

Offline bubblehed668

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit King
  • "The" Conductor
  • Quit Date: 03/22/2008
  • Likes Given: 658
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2021, 09:53:17 AM »
Hi everyone,

Welcome. Post up in November 21 today. Blow off your steam on people here instead of your family. We’ll take it
^What he said^.  Its not your families fault that you put that shit in your lip. It's not their fault you need to quit it. Don't be angry at them. Get angry here or in your group. Let it all out, it helps.
Make sure you get some digits from folks for those really tough times that you need to talk to someone, scream at someone or whatever it takes to someone to keep from putting that crap in your pie hole again
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline oldschool

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Quit Date: 10/08/2018
  • Likes Given: 397
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2021, 09:51:08 AM »
Hi everyone,

Proud to quit with you.
oldschool
The only time you fail, is if you don't try

Offline DaddysJunk

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Interests: Follower of Jesus in the making Husband of 1 wife Dad of 2 kids Farmer Friend -Trying to be better at all of these
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2021, 08:41:55 AM »
Hi everyone,

Welcome. Post up in November 21 today. Blow off your steam on people here instead of your family. We’ll take it
^What he said^.  Its not your families fault that you put that shit in your lip. It's not their fault you need to quit it. Don't be angry at them. Get angry here or in your group. Let it all out, it helps.
Quit date: 2/17/21    HOF:5/27/21

The Lord God who created us created us to be free, slave to neither man nor substance. -Athan

“Me not wanting dip was the beginning of me
wanting myself thank you.”
~Nayyquitirah Waquitheed(Stillbrewing)

Offline grizzlyquittergreen

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 8-3-2021
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2021, 06:27:33 AM »
Hi everyone,

Offline CharliBluff1032

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hunting, golfing, hiking, baseball, reading, darts, board games, Jesus
  • Likes Given: 58
New Quitter (Again)
« on: August 15, 2021, 02:09:53 AM »
Hi everyone,