Author Topic: Day 30  (Read 2677 times)

Offline GS9502

• Quitting MoFo
  • "A Little Bit Off"
  • Quit Date: 02/28/2020
  • Interests: Georgia Southern football and baseball, outdoor stuff, movies, music
  • Likes Given: 270
Re: Day 30
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2021, 10:06:34 AM »
I’m a 28 year older Army veteran. Like many veterans, I started dipping not long after I joined. I dipped for around 7 years. I decided to quit and have been free from it for 30 days now!

I still have withdrawals I think. Not really craving it anymore. Just feel kind of tired. Have some intermittent tingling on the tip of my tongue. No throat pain at all which is great!

My quitting tactic was to quit sugar a few weeks prior to quitting dip. Then when the dip craving got intense, I’d eat something with sugar. This helped me immensely.

Please feel free to respond or chat about the quit. Hunting season is coming up and I know it will be a test for a lot of us.
Welcome to our little Quit party, UrbanSportsman! First, thank you for your service!  small-usflag

Keith has given you the key to freedom with the link to your November '21 quit group. Get over there and post your promise if you haven't already. Then keep that promise for 24 hours. The formula for victory is simple: Accountability + Brotherhood = Success. Start trading digits with fellow quitters, especially those in your quit group, but only through private messaging. I'll be glad to send you my digits, but the deal is, I get yours in return. That way we hold each other accountable.

Read all you can on this site, so you can educate yourself. There's a lot of quit wisdom here. Use it to fuel your Quit Fire.

Glad you're here, bud, and I'm proud to be quit with you.

GS9502 - 554 days of freedom, +1
Renegade of Quit
"For my purpose holds to sail beyond the sunset, and the baths of all the western stars, until I die." - Ulysses, Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Offline AwakenedOne

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Proud Member of the April 2020 Cobra Kai Quit Dojo
  • Quit Date: 01/10/2020
  • Interests: Fearing God, Following Jesus, The Bible, my wife and kids, helping others, Texas A&M Aggies football, playing guitar, golf, guns, playing pick-up basketball, camping, fishing, quitting both nicotine and recreational cannabis
  • Likes Given: 598
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2021, 09:59:21 AM »
Welcome @UrbanSportsman Glad to have you here bud. Wake Up, Piss, Post is how we do it here at KTC, Every Damn Day. Maintain this formula everyday and you will be successful. It's the only thing that's worked for me after numerous attempts on my own. Today is day 603 of no nicotine for me. Believe me, if I can do it, you definitely can. Go post up over in November 2021 and get your quit on. PTBQWYT.

-AO
 INTRODUCTION | H.O.F SPEECH | H.O.F WRITE-UP
Q u i t : 1 / 1 0 / 2 0 | H O F : 4 / 1 8 / 2 0 | F 2 : 7 / 2 7 / 2 0 | F 3 : 1 1 / 4 / 2 0 | Y 1 : 0 1 / 1 0 / 2 1 | F 4 : 0 2 / 1 2 / 2 1 | F 5 : 0 5 / 2 3 / 2 1 | F 6 :  8 / 31 / 2 1 | F 7 : 1 2 / 9 / 2 1 | Y 2 : 0 1 / 1 0 / 2 2 | F 8: 0 3 / 1 9 / 2 2  | F 9: 6 / 2 7 / 2 2 | 1 K 1 0 / 0 5 / 2 2 | Y 3 : 0 1 / 1 0 / 2 3 | F 1 1 :  0 1 / 1 3 / 2 3 | F 1 2 :  0 4 / 2 3 / 2 3 | F 1 3 :  0 8 / 0 1 / 2 3 | F 1 4 :  1 1 / 0 9 / 2 3 Y 4 : 0 1 / 1 0 / 2 4 | F 1 5 :  ( i n  p r o g r e s s )
P R O V E R B S  3 : 5 - 6 | R O M A N S  1 2 : 1 - 2 | 1  C O R I N T H I A N S 1 3 : 1 - 1 3 | C O L O S S I A N S  3 : 1 2 - 1 4

A      W      A      K      E      N       E      D
T  O    T  H  E    E  V  I  L  S    O  F    N  I  C  O  T  I  N  E    &    A  D  D  I  C  T  I  O  N
M  A  D  E    P  O  W  E  R  F  U  L    B  Y  J E S U S
T  H  E    H  O  L  Y
O    N    E

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1620
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2021, 08:28:53 AM »
I’m a 28 year older Army veteran. Like many veterans, I started dipping not long after I joined. I dipped for around 7 years. I decided to quit and have been free from it for 30 days now!

I still have withdrawals I think. Not really craving it anymore. Just feel kind of tired. Have some intermittent tingling on the tip of my tongue. No throat pain at all which is great!

My quitting tactic was to quit sugar a few weeks prior to quitting dip. Then when the dip craving got intense, I’d eat something with sugar. This helped me immensely.

Please feel free to respond or chat about the quit. Hunting season is coming up and I know it will be a test for a lot of us.
Welcome @UrbanSportsman. 30 days quit on your own is impressive. However, haven’t we all failed quitting on our own in the past? Here is the link to the November2021 quit group. Suggest you start posting roll with them daily. https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=17142.0.  We wake up, post our promise to stay nicotine free for the day and then keep our word. Repeat the process the following day. System works great.  However, the sister/brotherhood  goes a long way in keeping you quit. Exchanging digits with fellow quitters is highly suggested. How do you reach our for help or hold each other accountable if you can’t reach each other.
Jan19

Offline UrbanSportsman

• Likes Given: 0
Day 30
« on: September 02, 2021, 10:47:50 PM »