Author Topic: Quit today  (Read 5771 times)

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1633
Re: Quit today
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2021, 12:55:07 PM »
Today has been an extremely emotionally heavy day. After he fought like hell, my step father has unfortunately left us. My mother is a mess. I am currently the weak half dried piece of Elmers glue that is holding the family together. I havent been on here much today but I'm thinking of everyone of you. I have not come close to caving but I am ready to post or text when that time comes. Thanks guys.
Sorry for your loss @Fmk1221. Please reach out if you need anything. You will never regret quitting but you will always regret caving.
Jan19

Offline Fmk1221

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2021, 08:16:46 PM »
Today has been an extremely emotionally heavy day. After he fought like hell, my step father has unfortunately left us. My mother is a mess. I am currently the weak half dried piece of Elmers glue that is holding the family together. I havent been on here much today but I'm thinking of everyone of you. I have not come close to caving but I am ready to post or text when that time comes. Thanks guys.

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2021, 09:40:31 PM »
I had a real moment of strength last night with all this shit. My step dad is on his death bed just waiting out this DNR. The texts and calls from my mother have been absolutely heartbreaking. I was driving home from work, late. I wanted a dip so bad that I shoved a tea bag in between my cheek and gum. I was ready to pull in to the gas station and just buy 1 can. Have 1 dip. I had it fully justified in my mind. I was prepared to repost day 1 and take it and move forward. But I didnt. I'm onto day 4. Very proud of myself.
bro - why oh why are you rolling solo? Digits in your inbox
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline bubblehed668

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit King
  • "The" Conductor
  • Quit Date: 03/22/2008
  • Likes Given: 658
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2021, 09:04:24 PM »
I had a real moment of strength last night with all this shit. My step dad is on his death bed just waiting out this DNR. The texts and calls from my mother have been absolutely heartbreaking. I was driving home from work, late. I wanted a dip so bad that I shoved a tea bag in between my cheek and gum. I was ready to pull in to the gas station and just buy 1 can. Have 1 dip. I had it fully justified in my mind. I was prepared to repost day 1 and take it and move forward. But I didnt. I'm onto day 4. Very proud of myself.
First, incredibly sorry to hear about your step dad. Praying for your family during this time.

Secondly, I'm very happy to hear you are posting a Day 4 today vs a Day 1. It should terrify you a bit though that you had it all justified in your mind. It's at (or even before) that point you should be texting every KTC digit you have in your phone and even calling someone from here to help you through that mental battle.

Hold the line brother. One minute, one hour, one day at a time.

@Fmk1221   @MNxEngineer speaks the truth. Build out a network of fellow quitters. They will pay huge dividends when times get hard. Reach out if I can help.

That may be what has worked for others but right now the awkwardness of a phone call with a complete stranger sounds more like it will make me want to dip than not dip. And to be fair, my group is full of cavers and guys who barely participate. I get more out of you veterans responding to my intro thread. I go in there and even try to post some motivation and bring the guys up and it just stinks like weakness over there. You guys with triple quadruple digits next your names. You're fuckin alphas, I wanna be like you not them.
Brother, trading digits with fellow quitters doesn't mean phone calls nearly as much as it means texting. I exchange texts with at least 20 quitters from lots of different groups every morning, making our promise to each other just as we do on our rolls.

Those phone numbers serve another purpose, too. Say you're not able to post your promise for one reason or another (computer issues, etc.). Having a fellow quitter's digits - especially a quitter in your group - gives you a way to ask for a text pick-up so you don't miss a day. I sent you my digits, not so I'd get a call from you or call you, but so I could personally text you my promise to stay nic free each day. I'm about to do just that.

Buddy, we are all down with you. We are here to hold you accountable, but we are also here to support you. We can't do that if you won't let us. A text or a phone call when you're in the mental battle you said you were in earlier is a helluva lot faster than waiting on a post here on this site.

Proud to be Quit with you every day you post that promise. Keep that shit up, brother.
GS9502
My brother from another mother...preach GS!
@Fmk1221 you can be like guys with triple quadruple digits next their names by doing one day at a time and exchanging digits with other quitters. Only phone calls I have every received from a quitter was when they were in a hole and we had already been texting and I knew he was about to dive in and I told him to call me. I put the ball in his court and he did and we won that day. There have only been two calls in almost 14 years, but thousands of text. We are here to help you quit and these three gentlemen @GS9502, @Keith0617 and @MNxEngineer are some badass quitters to get hep from
Wooooo this vortex is giving me quit wood!  This is what it’s all about @Fmk1221 , facing these triggers head on and the bulldozing the $hit out of them.  And when you need a bigger dozer, reach out to others on this board, we got some earth movers around here. Though there are many who cave in weakness, there exists just as many bad @$$ quitters who have never caved, who have curb stomped nic day in and day out since day 1 with a smile on thier face.  You got this, keep grinding bro.  It will get easier and never feel too awkward about reaching out.  I text a dozen a day right after I post and have for 1,166 days!  I’ll send you my digits, always room for that 13!
The is one sure fire way to curb any crave as taught to me by one of the old timers. He told me to drop my drawers, sit on the edge of a desk. open the top drawer, place your testicles in said drawer. No slam it shut with everything you have. All craves are gone for at least three or four days or until you get the feeling back in your balls.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline Aumegrad

• Quitter
    • INTRO
  • Quit Date: 7/23/18
  • Likes Given: 253
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2021, 08:57:40 PM »
First, incredibly sorry to hear about your step dad. Praying for your family during this time.

Secondly, I'm very happy to hear you are posting a Day 4 today vs a Day 1. It should terrify you a bit though that you had it all justified in your mind. It's at (or even before) that point you should be texting every KTC digit you have in your phone and even calling someone from here to help you through that mental battle.

@Fmk1221   @MNxEngineer speaks the truth. Build out a network of fellow quitters. They will pay huge dividends when times get hard. Reach out if I can help.

That may be what has worked for others but right now the awkwardness of a phone call with a complete stranger sounds more like it will make me want to dip than not dip. And to be fair, my group is full of cavers and guys who barely participate. I get more out of you veterans responding to my intro thread. I go in there and even try to post some motivation and bring the guys up and it just stinks like weakness over there. You guys with triple quadruple digits next your names. You're fuckin alphas, I wanna be like you not them.
Brother, trading digits with fellow quitters doesn't mean phone calls nearly as much as it means texting. I exchange texts with at least 20 quitters from lots of different groups every morning, making our promise to each other just as we do on our rolls.

Those phone numbers serve another purpose, too. Say you're not able to post your promise for one reason or another (computer issues, etc.). Having a fellow quitter's digits - especially a quitter in your group - gives you a way to ask for a text pick-up so you don't miss a day. I sent you my digits, not so I'd get a call from you or call you, but so I could personally text you my promise to stay nic free each day. I'm about to do just that.

Buddy, we are all down with you. We are here to hold you accountable, but we are also here to support you. We can't do that if you won't let us. A text or a phone call when you're in the mental battle you said you were in earlier is a helluva lot faster than waiting on a post here on this site.

Proud to be Quit with you every day you post that promise. Keep that shit up, brother.
GS9502
@Fmk1221 you can be like guys with triple quadruple digits next their names by doing one day at a time and exchanging digits with other quitters. Only phone calls I have every received from a quitter was when they were in a hole and we had already been texting and I knew he was about to dive in and I told him to call me. I put the ball in his court and he did and we won that day. There have only been two calls in almost 14 years, but thousands of text. We are here to help you quit and these three gentlemen @GS9502, @Keith0617 and @MNxEngineer are some badass quitters to get hep from
Wooooo this vortex is giving me quit wood!  This is what it’s all about @Fmk1221 , facing these triggers head on and the bulldozing the $hit out of them.  And when you need a bigger dozer, reach out to others on this board, we got some earth movers around here. Though there are many who cave in weakness, there exists just as many bad @$$ quitters who have never caved, who have curb stomped nic day in and day out since day 1 with a smile on thier face.  You got this, keep grinding bro.  It will get easier and never feel too awkward about reaching out.  I text a dozen a day right after I post and have for 1,166 days!  I’ll send you my digits, always room for that 13!
Who is Aumegrad ???? ...

What were his thoughts at 100 days ???? ... [url=http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?topic=722.0]HoF

Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win. (1 Corinthians 9:24)

Offline bubblehed668

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit King
  • "The" Conductor
  • Quit Date: 03/22/2008
  • Likes Given: 658
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2021, 08:35:17 PM »

GS9502

Offline stillbrewing

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/5/19
  • Likes Given: 1076
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2021, 08:09:54 PM »

GS9502
"Beginnings are usually scary and endings are usually sad, but it's everything in between that makes all worth living.  So, love the life you live, live the life you love." - Bob Marley

“La tristesse durera toujours." ~ Vincent van Gogh

"You can fuck off all the way to fuckoff mountain and jump off FUCKOFF point for all i care. Just post and stay quit." ~MikeW2018~

HOF-3/13/20; 2nd floor-6/21/20; 3rd floor-9/29/20; 1 year-12/3/20; 4th floor-1/7/21; 5th floor-4/17/21; 6th floor-7/26/21

HOF Speech Here

Offline GS9502

• Quitting MoFo
  • "A Little Bit Off"
  • Quit Date: 02/28/2020
  • Interests: Georgia Southern football and baseball, outdoor stuff, movies, music
  • Likes Given: 270
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2021, 05:56:49 PM »

GS9502
Renegade of Quit
"For my purpose holds to sail beyond the sunset, and the baths of all the western stars, until I die." - Ulysses, Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Offline Fmk1221

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2021, 04:37:36 PM »

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2021, 04:02:09 PM »

Jan19

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4333
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2021, 10:03:26 AM »

Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline Fmk1221

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2021, 09:29:50 AM »

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2021, 08:05:54 AM »
Looking like I'm going to lose my step dad. Gonna be hard on us in the family. I could blame a lot of things but for now let just say fuck covid. Poor man was heavy smoking nic addict for years. I dont feel any danger of slipping from this at this point. It's just reinforcing why I need to quit.

Staying productive today. Worked out hard and cut the grass before work. Had a good breakfast and a good lunch. Feel strong today, feel prepared for the grieving that is coming.
Damn dude. Hang in there. Proud to be quit with you today

Peace

CTF
im sending my prayers for you and yours. Life hits us hard though our quits, keep blogging it out man, you will look back here at what you wrote 5 years from now and be damn proud of yourself, that even under the extremes of grief you still overcame and remained quit.
please reach out if you need me, This brotherhood has pulled me out of tough times and im grateful for it.
Nick-275 LTBE
Sorry to hear this @Fmk1221. Keep using your tools. Reach out to fellow quitters. WUPP EDD and protect your quit. You will never regret quitting but you will always regret caving. Reach out if I can help.
Jan19

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • LTBE- Quittin since 12/30/20
  • Interests: traveling,Hunting,backpacking, Fully Sending it, working out, reading, God, Motivation
  • Likes Given: 1868
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2021, 08:04:45 AM »
Looking like I'm going to lose my step dad. Gonna be hard on us in the family. I could blame a lot of things but for now let just say fuck covid. Poor man was heavy smoking nic addict for years. I dont feel any danger of slipping from this at this point. It's just reinforcing why I need to quit.

Staying productive today. Worked out hard and cut the grass before work. Had a good breakfast and a good lunch. Feel strong today, feel prepared for the grieving that is coming.

Peace

CTF
im sending my prayers for you and yours. Life hits us hard though our quits, keep blogging it out man, you will look back here at what you wrote 5 years from now and be damn proud of yourself, that even under the extremes of grief you still overcame and remained quit.
please reach out if you need me, This brotherhood has pulled me out of tough times and im grateful for it.
Nick-275 LTBE
I may not be a smart man, but I know what quit is! -Quitest Gump-
     -Don't plan for the future, Quit for today!-
"The way to get started is to (quit) talking and begin doing." Walt Disney
~you cant plan your quit you just have to do it, both feet free fall.~
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once"
Daily Devotional

Offline CTF

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2021, 12:44:15 AM »

Peace

CTF