Author Topic: Roll Call 2008  (Read 50384 times)

Offline Sarge

• Likes Given: 0
Re: Roll Call 2008
« Reply #1281 on: December 08, 2008, 03:11:00 PM »
8 days quit, going strong, bring the pain.

Offline bubblehed668

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit King
  • "The" Conductor
  • Quit Date: 03/22/2008
  • Likes Given: 658
« Reply #1280 on: December 08, 2008, 09:39:00 AM »
Quote from: outdoortexan
Good morning quitters ! Time to gladly face another tobacco free week !!
Good morning ODT. Yeppers gonna look it square in the eyes.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline outdoortexan

• Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #1279 on: December 08, 2008, 07:37:00 AM »
Good morning quitters ! Time to gladly face another tobacco free week !!
OutDoorTexan

?Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway?-John Wayne

Offline kevinsravens

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2008-01-28
« Reply #1278 on: December 07, 2008, 11:03:00 AM »
Quote from: Ready
Morning Quitters.

The Quit is Good!
Today I am Wacco for Flacco
Werd Ready. I am Wacco for Flacco as well. GO RAVENS.
The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall.
Vince Lombardi

Quit Date 1.28.08

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #1277 on: December 07, 2008, 04:13:00 AM »
Morning Quitters.

The Quit is Good!

Offline mylilsecret

• Quitter
  • Interests: walking barefoot in the grasslistening to the sound of rainhearing laughter of childrengiving freely without thinkingtalking to my best friendsmelling fresh cut flowerswriting poetry & songsmaking someone smileloving unconditionally-xo
« Reply #1276 on: December 06, 2008, 02:54:00 PM »
Quote from: 11X4
Quote from: mylilsecret
I'm So Happy They Did

When I stumbled upon this site, January 2007, I never thought of it as home or how I would become a better person from finding such a place. I never once thought that here I'd be able to find someone who understood my situation, my actions or my vulnerability within myself and my addiction. I never expected someone to create such a wonderful and educational site for recovering addicts but I'm so happy they did.

My first post here was only to let out frustration and madness that rested so dormant around my addiction and the secrecy of it. That one post, that one "click" to submit made it all happen. I must have read what I wrote several times before it hit me that "Umm, helloooooooo? I sent this via the internet. What the hell was I thinking? I just informed a bazillion (as my son used to say) people that I was a female addict." I never expected anyone to actually respond back to that silly ranting post of mine but I'm so happy they did.

Unfortunately, it took me so many times at striking out before I finally said I'm done with this burden. I'm done with this addiction. I want to find home. Ya know, this site means more to me than just "hi, I'm quit." See, I never expected anyone to extend their hand out in friendship while traveling such stormy seas but I'm so happy you did.

-mylilsecret

psssst  ..  GUESS WHAT!

I never expected someone to show you this but I'm so happy they did. =) Happy Quit Day!
You know what MLS, you are so right on the money here its scary.

When I quit dipping on 4/22/2007, I had no idea what was about to happen. The next day at work I put "quitting chew" or something to that effect into a search engine and found killthecan.org. I spent a big part of that day searching around it. I read a bunch of articles, found a link to some chat thing, another forum something or other, some pics of what my certain fate was if I kept dipping, and then I found the What to Expect page. When I saw that my heart sank and I realized I was in for a tough road, but I was ready. Everyday for the next 70 days I read and reread what I was going through and was going to go through. Each time I read it, I made the resolve to make the next milestone. I was always curious about that forum thing but never checked it out because it was most likely like that myspace thing I had heard so many negative things about.

At the 70 something day mark I was in a bad way, completely sick and tired of quitting. If I never had to concentrate on quitting again it would be worth the likelyhood of a horrible fate. But I gave that forum thing a try. I didn't expect to be accepted, I didn't expect to be believed that I was really on day 70 something. But you know what, I was and it really matter to me.

Because of that I have made some great friendships, personally met close to 20 quitters, and most importantly done some incredible healing that has very likely saved my life. Its an incredible thing. Our cool aid is pretty tasty.

Sorry to get all nostalgic and all but "I'm So Happy They Did".
Is quality better than quanity?

Just think about it.

You can have all the quanity (quit days) you want but without the quality (other recovering addicts) you're not going to travel very far in your quit.
Quit Date: 01/04/07

I Want To Inspire People!
I Want Someone To Look At Me  Say -
"Because Of You ... I Didn't Give Up!"

Offline bubblehed668

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit King
  • "The" Conductor
« Reply #1275 on: December 05, 2008, 09:39:00 AM »
WooHoooo !! Another dip free week ready for the record books !! Don't it feel grand !

Morning quitters !!
Lets go ahead and pencil it in and stamp it done. Great Friday Morning Quitters

Offline 11X4

• Quit Pro
    • www.killthecan.org
« Reply #1274 on: December 05, 2008, 07:55:00 AM »
Quote from: mylilsecret
I'm So Happy They Did

When I stumbled upon this site, January 2007, I never thought of it as home or how I would become a better person from finding such a place. I never once thought that here I'd be able to find someone who understood my situation, my actions or my vulnerability within myself and my addiction. I never expected someone to create such a wonderful and educational site for recovering addicts but I'm so happy they did.

My first post here was only to let out frustration and madness that rested so dormant around my addiction and the secrecy of it. That one post, that one "click" to submit made it all happen. I must have read what I wrote several times before it hit me that "Umm, helloooooooo? I sent this via the internet. What the hell was I thinking? I just informed a bazillion (as my son used to say) people that I was a female addict." I never expected anyone to actually respond back to that silly ranting post of mine but I'm so happy they did.

Unfortunately, it took me so many times at striking out before I finally said I'm done with this burden. I'm done with this addiction. I want to find home. Ya know, this site means more to me than just "hi, I'm quit." See, I never expected anyone to extend their hand out in friendship while traveling such stormy seas but I'm so happy you did.

-mylilsecret

psssst .. GUESS WHAT!

I never expected someone to show you this but I'm so happy they did. =) Happy Quit Day!
You know what MLS, you are so right on the money here its scary.

When I quit dipping on 4/22/2007, I had no idea what was about to happen. The next day at work I put "quitting chew" or something to that effect into a search engine and found killthecan.org. I spent a big part of that day searching around it. I read a bunch of articles, found a link to some chat thing, another forum something or other, some pics of what my certain fate was if I kept dipping, and then I found the What to Expect page. When I saw that my heart sank and I realized I was in for a tough road, but I was ready. Everyday for the next 70 days I read and reread what I was going through and was going to go through. Each time I read it, I made the resolve to make the next milestone. I was always curious about that forum thing but never checked it out because it was most likely like that myspace thing I had heard so many negative things about.

At the 70 something day mark I was in a bad way, completely sick and tired of quitting. If I never had to concentrate on quitting again it would be worth the likelyhood of a horrible fate. But I gave that forum thing a try. I didn't expect to be accepted, I didn't expect to be believed that I was really on day 70 something. But you know what, I was and it really matter to me.

Because of that I have made some great friendships, personally met close to 20 quitters, and most importantly done some incredible healing that has very likely saved my life. Its an incredible thing. Our cool aid is pretty tasty.

Sorry to get all nostalgic and all but "I'm So Happy They Did".
I've always wanted to save a life, so I started with mine.

Quit Date: 4/22/2007~HOF: 7/30/2007~2nd Floor: 11/7/07~3rd Floor: 2/15/08~1 YEAR!: 4/22/2008~4th Floor: 5/25/2008~5th Floor: 9/2/2008~6th Floor: 12/11/2008~7th Floor: 3/21/2009~2 Years: 4/22/2009~ 8th Floor: 6/29/2009 ~ 9th Floor: 10/7/2009 ~ My Comma: 1/15/2010!

In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing-the worst thing you can do is nothing. - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline outdoortexan

• Master of Quit
« Reply #1273 on: December 05, 2008, 07:42:00 AM »
WooHoooo !! Another dip free week ready for the record books !! Don't it feel grand !

Morning quitters !!
OutDoorTexan

Offline mylilsecret

• Quitter
  • Interests: walking barefoot in the grasslistening to the sound of rainhearing laughter of childrengiving freely without thinkingtalking to my best friendsmelling fresh cut flowerswriting poetry & songsmaking someone smileloving unconditionally-xo
« Reply #1272 on: December 05, 2008, 04:03:00 AM »
I'm So Happy They Did

-mylilsecret

psssst .. GUESS WHAT!

Quit Date: 01/04/07

I Want To Inspire People!
I Want Someone To Look At Me  Say -
"Because Of You ... I Didn't Give Up!"

Offline bubblehed668

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit King
  • "The" Conductor
« Reply #1271 on: December 04, 2008, 09:48:00 AM »
Quote from: mule21
Quote from: QuittinTime
It's time for that Thursday morning STILL QUIT thang !!

Morning y'all !!
Good Morining O.D.T. :D
Is that the "Still Quit Thang" that involves dancin a jig on the nic bitches head?
Good Thursday morning ya'll. Mule I think its more like a stomp dance on here head.

Offline mule

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 01/03/2008
  • Interests: Georgia Bulldawgs, hunting, fishing, coaching sports for kids
« Reply #1270 on: December 04, 2008, 08:36:00 AM »
Quote from: QuittinTime

Morning y'all !!
Is that the "Still Quit Thang" that involves dancin a jig on the nic bitches head?

Offline QuittinTime

• Member №1O
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: January 23rd, 2006
« Reply #1269 on: December 04, 2008, 08:11:00 AM »

Morning y'all !!
“Time takes it all, whether you want it to or not.”

Offline outdoortexan

• Master of Quit
« Reply #1268 on: December 04, 2008, 07:49:00 AM »

Morning y'all !!
OutDoorTexan

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #1267 on: December 03, 2008, 11:20:00 PM »
If you havn't posted here yet, I want to know why?

Big Savings Wednesday

index.php?showtopic=262st=0