Author Topic: General Discussion - 2013  (Read 45924 times)

Offline bigwhitebeast

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: General Discussion - 2013
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2013, 07:59:00 PM »
Quote from: loot
Quote from: Wt57
Every serious quitter will take this word out of their vocabulary. There is no room for it! The best defense is a good offense. Use the proven aspects of quitting, take the advise of those who are succeeding and avoid the thing that have caused failure!!  Understand what you are dealing with!
cave
Pronunciation: \ˈkāv\
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): caved; cav·ing
intransitive verb
1 : to fall in or down especially from being undermined —usually used with in
2 : to cease to resist : submit —usually used with in
transitive verb
3: to cause to fall or collapse —usually used with in
#1: what causes a quit to be undermined? It can be blamed on the nic bitch, on others, on ability to concentrate or work etc.

#2: cease to resist is often caused by failing to commit.

#3: the fall or collapse happens when a quitter give up, throws in the towel or taps out!

You are in control of your quit and you will determine your success or failure, no one else!
If its all about you...why are you here?
'bang head' 'Crazy' 'bang head' I thought I was here for the same reason as you. I'm not sure what shows up between the lines I write on your screen!

'Remshot' missed this time Loot I'm still here you can't run me off that easy!!
You have a total misinterpretation of the post. It was a softball sugar. If it is truly up to the individual, and LOOT tends to agree, then what is the point of the board? Where does the strength of the collective come into play? LOOT was looking for your input...not trying to run you off.

There is your softball. Pontificate. LOOT is genuinely interested in your thoughts.
Well well well guess I just don't quite understand old Loot very well. I guess I've just been being offensive, thinking it is my best defense when it comes to his comments, since most to me have been quit smug! I'll give it a shot to explain my thoughts on why I'm here!

KTC, posting roll, lending a hand to others and the other aspects here are TOOLS. I choose to use these and others to keep myself quit! I'd been choosing everyday for a damn long time to dip, no one ever held me down and put that poison in my mouth! From day one of my quit no one pulled a can from my hand or pocket. No one was standing over me the night I dumped my last 3 cans down the shitter. No one stood over my shoulder with a club the first time I was faced with real temptation at the convenience store. Each time I've been craving or tempted to go back to the can, no one but WT has made the decision to stay quit!! And yes 'it's all about me' I'm a selfish prick, I quit for me, I make the decision to quit each day for me. When I lend a hand to others any benifit to them is secondary to the benefit it gives me. What inspired me to start this thread was a perfect example. A quitter that I stayed in close contact with and even traded text promises with for a long time after he left KTC decided to cave rather than come to me with what he was going through! I didn't have any part in his cave except maybe persuading him to postpone it a month or two. When it came right down to caving, he made the decision, bought the dip and put in his mouth (with no help from me). I'm still in contact with him, not to persuade him to quit but I enjoy chatting with him and his cave is actually a reminder to me that as an addict I'm Vulnerable! If he posts that day one again all the better.
So, there is no benefit to KTC from your perspective? No comfort knowing you have allies in the struggles? You gain no accountability from Roll Call? Any accountability from putting yourself on the line to shepherd the new guys? What makes this place work for you? Surely there is something good that makes you come back day after day...or else the loss you experienced with the cave of a brother is just dead weight you dont need.

Smug....that one is new. Short and curt is a function of posting from a cell...and just being an ass in general. Lacking polish, being abrasive, a lousy friend, pompous, always having to be right, unwilling to admit mistakes...all things I've been accused of by people I thought were friends in the past couple weeks. Simply for demanding accountability. Something we pay a lot of lip service to around here at times. See....a lot of people are sensitive to where and how they get called to the carpet. LOOT will generally dress you down where you stand...no matter the company....so yeah, smug does seem to apply. Standby...the hatemail will continue over this post too.

You should answer the questions tho. If you are so inclined.
I don't think LooT and WT are that far apart on their thinking, me thinks LooT just wants to be a douche and instead of really reading what WT is feeling he would rather bust WT's balls instead of using this chance for some good.

Again I say to you LooT, WT is a rock solid quitter, instead of busting him down find out the real issue and build him up, use his experience to make KTC into a better place. WT has no problem being accountable, he truly is rock solid, show me that LooT is too, show me that LooT is here for the good of everyone, for the good of the newbies!

Offline loot

• BANNED
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2013, 07:04:00 PM »
Every serious quitter will take this word out of their vocabulary. There is no room for it! The best defense is a good offense. Use the proven aspects of quitting, take the advise of those who are succeeding and avoid the thing that have caused failure!!  Understand what you are dealing with!
cave
intransitive verb
transitive verb
#1: what causes a quit to be undermined? It can be blamed on the nic bitch, on others, on ability to concentrate or work etc.

#3: the fall or collapse happens when a quitter give up, throws in the towel or taps out!

You are in control of your quit and you will determine your success or failure, no one else!
'bang head' 'Crazy' 'bang head' I thought I was here for the same reason as you. I'm not sure what shows up between the lines I write on your screen!

You have a total misinterpretation of the post. It was a softball sugar. If it is truly up to the individual, and LOOT tends to agree, then what is the point of the board? Where does the strength of the collective come into play? LOOT was looking for your input...not trying to run you off.

There is your softball. Pontificate. LOOT is genuinely interested in your thoughts.
Well well well guess I just don't quite understand old Loot very well. I guess I've just been being offensive, thinking it is my best defense when it comes to his comments, since most to me have been quit smug! I'll give it a shot to explain my thoughts on why I'm here!

KTC, posting roll, lending a hand to others and the other aspects here are TOOLS. I choose to use these and others to keep myself quit! I'd been choosing everyday for a damn long time to dip, no one ever held me down and put that poison in my mouth! From day one of my quit no one pulled a can from my hand or pocket. No one was standing over me the night I dumped my last 3 cans down the shitter. No one stood over my shoulder with a club the first time I was faced with real temptation at the convenience store. Each time I've been craving or tempted to go back to the can, no one but WT has made the decision to stay quit!! And yes 'it's all about me' I'm a selfish prick, I quit for me, I make the decision to quit each day for me. When I lend a hand to others any benifit to them is secondary to the benefit it gives me. What inspired me to start this thread was a perfect example. A quitter that I stayed in close contact with and even traded text promises with for a long time after he left KTC decided to cave rather than come to me with what he was going through! I didn't have any part in his cave except maybe persuading him to postpone it a month or two. When it came right down to caving, he made the decision, bought the dip and put in his mouth (with no help from me). I'm still in contact with him, not to persuade him to quit but I enjoy chatting with him and his cave is actually a reminder to me that as an addict I'm Vulnerable! If he posts that day one again all the better.
So, there is no benefit to KTC from your perspective? No comfort knowing you have allies in the struggles? You gain no accountability from Roll Call? Any accountability from putting yourself on the line to shepherd the new guys? What makes this place work for you? Surely there is something good that makes you come back day after day...or else the loss you experienced with the cave of a brother is just dead weight you dont need.

Smug....that one is new. Short and curt is a function of posting from a cell...and just being an ass in general. Lacking polish, being abrasive, a lousy friend, pompous, always having to be right, unwilling to admit mistakes...all things I've been accused of by people I thought were friends in the past couple weeks. Simply for demanding accountability. Something we pay a lot of lip service to around here at times. See....a lot of people are sensitive to where and how they get called to the carpet. LOOT will generally dress you down where you stand...no matter the company....so yeah, smug does seem to apply. Standby...the hatemail will continue over this post too.

You should answer the questions tho. If you are so inclined.

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2013, 06:55:00 PM »
Quote from: scott5914
Quote from: BelieveMemphis
Ok so I've been dippin since I was 16 (i am now 19) and every time I quit I turn to cigarettes. I would like to stop it all but also enjoy a nice cigar ever once in a while. Any advice would help!
Join your quit group. Even if you only post roll and don't do anything else on this site, it will give you the confidence to keep going. All of the people on this site are addicts just like you. We come here for support and help because we (or at least I) was too weak to do this alone. I don't know any of these guys personally, but they have already influenced my life and I've only been quit for 6 days.

A very influential post (I don't remember how to get to it) is an open blog of a wife talking about the struggles of her husband who developed cancer and eventually died. I would suggest you search for this and read it, it may change your thoughts.
The story that Scott speaks of can be found here: index.php?showtopic=6800

Quit is a decision that is up to you to make. It is simple.. Say no each day... promise that you will not use nicotine for just today.. We make that promise by posting rollcall. It will not be easy at first, but trust me, it gets much better.

Claim your freedom, friend.

Offline scott5914

• Quitter
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2013, 05:56:00 PM »
Quote from: BelieveMemphis
Ok so I've been dippin since I was 16 (i am now 19) and every time I quit I turn to cigarettes. I would like to stop it all but also enjoy a nice cigar ever once in a while. Any advice would help!
Join your quit group. Even if you only post roll and don't do anything else on this site, it will give you the confidence to keep going. All of the people on this site are addicts just like you. We come here for support and help because we (or at least I) was too weak to do this alone. I don't know any of these guys personally, but they have already influenced my life and I've only been quit for 6 days.

A very influential post (I don't remember how to get to it) is an open blog of a wife talking about the struggles of her husband who developed cancer and eventually died. I would suggest you search for this and read it, it may change your thoughts.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2013, 05:40:00 PM »
cave
intransitive verb
transitive verb

4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline chewie

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
    • 406Northlane
  • Quit Date: 7.24.2006
  • Interests: quitting, family, digital marketing, beer, whiskey, horror movies... Fucks Given: 0
  • Likes Given: 351
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2013, 05:28:00 PM »
New blog post: 14,000 Things To Be Happy About
http://blog.killthecan.org/2013/01/1400 ... ppy-about/
"Every man dies... not every man really lives." - William Wallace

QD - 7.24.06 / HOF - 10.31.06 / 2nd - 2.08.07 / 3rd - 5.19.07 / 4th - 8.27.07 / 5th - 12.05.07 / 6th - 3.14.08 / 7th - 6.22.08 / 8th - 9.30.08 / 9th - 1.08.09 / Comma - 4.18.09 / 11th - 7.27.09 / 12th - 11.04.09 / 13th - 2.12.10 / 14th - 05.23.10 / 15th - 08.31.2010 / 16th - 12.9.10 / 17th - 3.19.11 / 18th - 6.27.11 / 19th - 10.5.11 / 2K - 1.13.12 / 21st - 4.22.12 / 22nd - 7.31.12 / 23rd - 11.8.12 / 24th - 2.16.13 / 25th - 5.27.13 / 26th - 9.4.13 / 27th - 12.12.13 / 28th - 3.24.14 / 29th - 7.1.14 / 3K - 10.9.14 / 31st - 1.17.15 / 32nd - 4.27.15 / 33rd - 8.5.15 / 34th - 9.13.15 / 35th - 2.21.16 / 36th - 5.31.16 / 37th - 9.8.16 / 38th - 12.17.16 / 39th - 3.27.17 / 4K - 7.5.17 / 41st - 10.13.17 / 42nd - 1.21.18 / 43rd - 5.1.18 / 44th - 8.9.18 / 45th - 11.17.18 / 46th - 2.25.19 / 47th - 6.5.19 / 48th - 9.13.19 / 49th - 12.22.19 / 5K - 4.1.20 / 51st - 7.9.20 / 52nd - 10.17.20 / 53rd - 1.25.21 / 54th - 5.5.21 / 55th - 8.13.21 / 56th - 11.21.21 / 57th - 3.1.22 / 58th - 6.9.22 / 59th - 9.17.22 / 6K - 12.26.22 / 61st - 4.5.23 / 62nd - 7.14.23 / 63rd - 10.22.23 / 64th - 1.20.24

Episode III: The Final Quit | 406 Northlane | ScareTissue.com

Offline loot

• BANNED
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2013, 08:54:00 AM »
cave
intransitive verb
transitive verb

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2013, 01:26:00 AM »
cave
intransitive verb
transitive verb

Offline loot

• BANNED
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2013, 10:11:00 PM »
Every serious quitter will take this word out of their vocabulary. There is no room for it! The best defense is a good offense. Use the proven aspects of quitting, take the advise of those who are succeeding and avoid the thing that have caused failure!! Understand what you are dealing with!
cave
intransitive verb
transitive verb

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2013, 10:08:00 PM »
Every serious quitter will take this word out of their vocabulary. There is no room for it! The best defense is a good offense. Use the proven aspects of quitting, take the advise of those who are succeeding and avoid the thing that have caused failure!! Understand what you are dealing with!
cave
intransitive verb
transitive verb

Offline loot

• BANNED
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2013, 06:42:00 PM »
Quote from: Dtim
Quote from: chewie
Quote from: fire10257
Quote from: cdaniels
Quote from: mikeupton
Not too sure this is the right place to post, or right forum.  Right now, don't care.  Started Cope when I was 9 at the hand of my father, who bought it to quit cigarettes.  That was 1977.  A can of day minimum, expect while deployed in the Corps, smoked to get by.  Also shared dips, and re-cycled.  Even recycled shared dips.  Whatever until we got more.  It was like crack, I guess.  I never thought about quitting.  I enjoy a fresh dip.  I started swallowing the spit in 6th grade so I could dip in class, and have switched back spitting since.  I have to sleep with one in, or I can't go to sleep.  I decided to quit yesterday, and spit the last dip out at midnight, so it's only been 15 and a half hours, and I'm already losing my mind.  I'm determined to follow it through.  At 7 bucks a can her in MA, the savings alone is worth the agony of quitting.  I asked my wife to help, and deal with me.  I don't have any friends that chew, or ever have chewed.  Or smoked for that matter.  So this is going to be a long road to travel.  Let's give it a go.
hi this is cdaniels i hear you loud and clear. check your in box for my number.
welcome and congrats on the last day one ever!

check your email again. theres another number.
Other than "let's give it a go" that was a perfect post.

http://blog.killthecan.org/2009/12/chan ... ocabulary/

Change that vocabulary. We're here to help.

Welcome aboard.

chewie
This jewel of wisdom has made the difference for me......just sayin. Now, every day is a battle that I expect to win............not hope......... but expect. You take caving off the table by removing words like "if", "maybe" and "try". Convince yourself of this fact. I have a little experience here because back in 2011 I got all up in arms because a member here jumped my shit for saying something to the effect that I was going to "try" really hard to quit. I bitched and whined about it..............but now I realize how right they were.
Rethink the idea of how much you "enjoy" a dip. Make us a list of what makes it enjoyable. If necessary ol LOOT will make you a list of why you should hate the shit. Get your mind right bro. You romanticize...you fail. You try...you fail. We have no room for failure...none.

Welcome to the site.

Offline Dtim

• Quitter
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2013, 03:46:00 PM »
Quote from: chewie
Quote from: fire10257
Quote from: cdaniels
Quote from: mikeupton
Not too sure this is the right place to post, or right forum.  Right now, don't care.  Started Cope when I was 9 at the hand of my father, who bought it to quit cigarettes.  That was 1977.  A can of day minimum, expect while deployed in the Corps, smoked to get by.  Also shared dips, and re-cycled.  Even recycled shared dips.  Whatever until we got more.  It was like crack, I guess.  I never thought about quitting.  I enjoy a fresh dip.  I started swallowing the spit in 6th grade so I could dip in class, and have switched back spitting since.  I have to sleep with one in, or I can't go to sleep.  I decided to quit yesterday, and spit the last dip out at midnight, so it's only been 15 and a half hours, and I'm already losing my mind.  I'm determined to follow it through.  At 7 bucks a can her in MA, the savings alone is worth the agony of quitting.  I asked my wife to help, and deal with me.  I don't have any friends that chew, or ever have chewed.  Or smoked for that matter.  So this is going to be a long road to travel.  Let's give it a go.
hi this is cdaniels i hear you loud and clear. check your in box for my number.
welcome and congrats on the last day one ever!

check your email again. theres another number.
Other than "let's give it a go" that was a perfect post.

http://blog.killthecan.org/2009/12/chan ... ocabulary/

Change that vocabulary. We're here to help.

Welcome aboard.

chewie
This jewel of wisdom has made the difference for me......just sayin. Now, every day is a battle that I expect to win............not hope......... but expect. You take caving off the table by removing words like "if", "maybe" and "try". Convince yourself of this fact. I have a little experience here because back in 2011 I got all up in arms because a member here jumped my shit for saying something to the effect that I was going to "try" really hard to quit. I bitched and whined about it..............but now I realize how right they were.
It is what it is.....

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2013, 02:52:00 PM »
Quote from: 30yrAddict
Quote from: grizzlysnuffer
Day 53 for me now and that accomplishment feels great. Trying to quit the fake shit now and that seems just as rough. Also started p90x and ill tell u brothers its rough and it takes an edge off. Still focusing day to day. Everyday is a battle and I'm sure it is for everyone. I have gotten back to not getting any sleep. That sucks. By the way for anyone on this forum thinking about getting into shape I recommend p90x because they live by the same basic philosophy: one day at a time. Just rambling I guess. Might be in a bit of a fog right now. I know someone on here will read and understand. Ok I'm done. Quit with all of you.
congrats on day 53, brother- proud of you!
Taking your life back one day at a time.

Well done!!

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2013, 02:32:00 PM »
Quote from: grizzlysnuffer
Day 53 for me now and that accomplishment feels great. Trying to quit the fake shit now and that seems just as rough. Also started p90x and ill tell u brothers its rough and it takes an edge off. Still focusing day to day. Everyday is a battle and I'm sure it is for everyone. I have gotten back to not getting any sleep. That sucks. By the way for anyone on this forum thinking about getting into shape I recommend p90x because they live by the same basic philosophy: one day at a time. Just rambling I guess. Might be in a bit of a fog right now. I know someone on here will read and understand. Ok I'm done. Quit with all of you.
congrats on day 53, brother- proud of you!

Offline grizzlysnuffer

• Quitter
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2013, 02:29:00 PM »
"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." Franklin D. Roosevelt
"It always seems impossible until it's done." Nelson Mandela
"Success is a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when YOUR tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired." Robert Strauss
"Never give in, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to a force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." Winston Churchill