Author Topic: General Discussion - 2011  (Read 35823 times)

Offline dmech2001

• Likes Given: 0
Re: General Discussion - 2011
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2011, 09:42:00 PM »
just found this site as i savored a satisfying yet deep down unwanted chew, been doing it for 16 years over a can a day,, tried to quit before,, im a mechanic, so its so easy to get carried away in the middle of a job,, i really want to quit this for myself and my three kids,, i just threw out the 3/4 full can of Kodiak, after reading a few posts from this site, so im already a little jittery knowing i dont have a can on hand, im gonna need some help on this,, really appreciate the effort you guys show for people that come on here for help, so let this first move of today be the beginning of a healthier life,,

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2011, 03:56:00 PM »
Quote from: MikeA
Quote from: Trauma
Quote from: ncgolfer
Quote from: Capp28
ncgolfer, thanks for the support!  This may be a dumb question, but how do you post roll?  I just stumbled upon this site while researching some safe alternatives to dip.
Capp, that is exactly how I found this site. It is the best search I ever made. A mod will reach out to you soon with instructions and other info soon.

I post roll by:

Hit quote box in right corner.
Highlight and select all in the lower box on the page
Cut
Paste into the upper box
Add your name to the list of quitters

Your month is April

Sorry this is sloppy, I'm posting from my iPad
Day 1
Way to go Trauma
Read 1-4 here
index.php?showforum=13

Ask any questions you have and you will get all the answers you need
Great Decision Trauma !!! Welcome to the party

Offline MikeA

• Quit Pro
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2011, 01:12:00 PM »
Quote from: Trauma
ncgolfer, thanks for the support!  This may be a dumb question, but how do you post roll?  I just stumbled upon this site while researching some safe alternatives to dip.
Capp, that is exactly how I found this site. It is the best search I ever made. A mod will reach out to you soon with instructions and other info soon.

I post roll by:

Cut
Paste into the upper box

Your month is April

Day 1
Way to go Trauma
Read 1-4 here
index.php?showforum=13

Ask any questions you have and you will get all the answers you need

Offline Trauma

• Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Outdoors, My 2 little kids Riley 6 Amber 3
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2011, 12:55:00 PM »

I post roll by:

Cut
Paste into the upper box

Your month is April

Day 1
QD-1-6-11 HOF-4-15-11

Offline Seabiscuit

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2011, 07:38:00 PM »
Though I'd share a little story with you guys.

Went to the convenience store today to get some milk. The guy that was in line in front of me had a bottle of gatorade and then he bought a can of chew at the counter.

I wanted to yell at him to tell him what an asshole he is but thought better of it.

When I left the store I saw that same guy sitting in his car chugging half the bottle and then dumping the rest. Then he sliced open the can and put a lip in.

Seeing that reminded me of how bad that nic bitch had me in her reigns a little over 2 weeks ago and what a loser I was when I did the same thing just to have a spitter.

The good thing is that it only strengthened my resolve.

Seb

Offline Capp28

• Quitter
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2011, 08:31:00 PM »
Thanks everyone for the assistance. I found my group and posted roll. This is actually day 2 (approaching 48 hours). Feel shitty but I'm in this for the long haul.
They say quittin is for pussies? Then I am the biggest motherfuckin pussy around!!!

HOF 4/12/11

Offline ncgolfer

• Quitter
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2011, 08:00:00 PM »
ncgolfer, thanks for the support! This may be a dumb question, but how do you post roll? I just stumbled upon this site while researching some safe alternatives to dip.

I post roll by:

Cut
Paste into the upper box

Your month is April

Quit Date - 12/17/2010
Hall of Fame - 03/26/2011
Hall of Fame Speech - http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?showtopic=4546

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2011, 07:59:00 PM »
ncgolfer, thanks for the support! This may be a dumb question, but how do you post roll? I just stumbled upon this site while researching some safe alternatives to dip.
Welcome. You have found the best place to quit and stay that way. All of the tools and support required can be found here. You can do this. We will help. Remember, when you post roll, you are giving your word of honor not to use nicotine in any way shape or form, one day at a time. Keep your word.

If today is day - 1, Your quit group is April 2011... here ....

http://z11.invisionfree.com/QS_Xtreme/i ... topic=4159

Here are some links you may find helpful...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A how to get started by Remy:

index.php?showtopic=1360

Quit Groups, What do they mean, by SOS

index.php?showtopic=88

Roll call, why we do it your word by LOOT.

index.php?showtopic=120

What to Expect when you quit.

http://www.killthecan.org/yourquit/what.asp

Symptoms of Quitting dip and chew

http://www.killthecan.org/yourquit/symptoms.asp

Contract to give up...

http://www.killthecan.org/facts/contract.asp

Smokeless alternatives

http://killthecan.org/yourquit/alternatives.asp

Words of Wisdom, Read them all

index.php?showforum=41

How to post roll.

index.php?showtopic=50

How to Post ROLL CALL - Roll Call Instructions
Step 1 - Find the last (MOST RECENT) Roll Call
Step 2 - Hit the "Quote" button in the upper right hand corner.
Step 3 - Click your mouse ANYWHERE in The bottom Box
Step 4 - Hit Ctrl and "A" at the Same time so it looks like THIS
Step 5 - Hit Ctrl and "X" at the same time so there is NOTHING in Either Box
Step 6 - Click your mouse in the TOP BOX
Step 7 - Hit Ctrl and "V" at the same time to Past the info into the top box AND ADD YOUR info to the bottom of the list
Step 8 - Hit ADD REPLY below the bottom box
Step 9 - Go back to the 1st unread post, check to see that the last few people to post are still on your roll call. Keep your word.

Offline Capp28

• Quitter
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2011, 07:38:00 PM »
They say quittin is for pussies? Then I am the biggest motherfuckin pussy around!!!

HOF 4/12/11

Offline ncgolfer

• Quitter
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2011, 07:17:00 PM »
This sucks balls!!!  Yesterday was my first day off.  I'm 32, been dipping Copenhagen since I was 14 (probably averaged a can every 2 days over that course of time).  Got 2 boys age 4 and 3 and I need to do this for them.  This is the worst feeling ever!!!  Any advice would be welcomed.  Been chewing the shit out of seeds and gum but still having the worst withdrawal symptoms.
Congrats on your quit! First you need to quit for yourself. Take it one hour, one minute at a time. Read as much as you can on this site. The early quit is a bitch. It's the fog, the suck, the rage, and every other shitty feeling you could imagine. We put that shit into or systems for years and our body hates us for taking it away from us. It will try to fool us into caving, but you can't, you will die a miserable death and leave those kids without a father. Think about how horrible your kids and wife will feel then. Compare that to your pain right now. Which is worse? Which won't ever end? Post roll today and keep your promise, then do it again tomorrow.
Quit Date - 12/17/2010
Hall of Fame - 03/26/2011
Hall of Fame Speech - http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?showtopic=4546

Offline Capp28

• Quitter
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2011, 06:54:00 PM »
This sucks balls!!! Yesterday was my first day off. I'm 32, been dipping Copenhagen since I was 14 (probably averaged a can every 2 days over that course of time). Got 2 boys age 4 and 3 and I need to do this for them. This is the worst feeling ever!!! Any advice would be welcomed. Been chewing the shit out of seeds and gum but still having the worst withdrawal symptoms.

HOF 4/12/11

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2011, 03:18:00 PM »
Quote from: Ready
Quote from: Seabiscuit
Quote from: Chaos
Went to the gas station last night to fuel up and there it was, a can of dip laying in the floor board of the car. I knew if I took a dip it would be the can that killed me. If I can keep quit after 30 years of dipping, anyone can.

We just got to hang on for today. Hell, aliens might invade tomorrow and then where would we be?
Well if aliens invade tomorrow and kill everyone, I might think about having one last dip before they get me :D
Fail.

Never again, for any reason.
Ready is correct. NEVER again.

Why would you give those fuckers one more penny of your money?? They have lied to you for years. Stolen from you, fucked over your families. They lure kids into using their fucking poison so they can bleed them of money all their shortend lives. They could give less than a shit about your health. All they are looking for his how much money they can suck out of you before you are planted.

Spend some time reading about what the tobacco companies know and do. As I have said before, I will set my money on fire before I ever give those fucks one more penny.

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2011, 01:35:00 PM »
Quote from: Seabiscuit
Went to the gas station last night to fuel up and there it was, a can of dip laying in the floor board of the car. I knew if I took a dip it would be the can that killed me. If I can keep quit after 30 years of dipping, anyone can.

We just got to hang on for today. Hell, aliens might invade tomorrow and then where would we be?
Well if aliens invade tomorrow and kill everyone, I might think about having one last dip before they get me :D
Fail.

Never again, for any reason.

Offline Seabiscuit

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2011, 01:17:00 PM »

Offline Chaos

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2011, 05:04:00 AM »