Author Topic: General Discussion - 2016  (Read 40540 times)

Offline Edward

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: General Discussion - 2016
« Reply #611 on: November 28, 2016, 12:03:00 PM »
Quote from: canless2014
Quote from: chewie
Well... that sucked. Glad to be back up and running.

Thankful for all you fellow quitters. Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving tomorrow folks!

Chewie
Nice work Chewie! Happy Thanksgiving, stay quit y'all!
Thanks Chewie for all of your efforts in the past and especially during the recent outage.

Has anyone else noticed that there are extra blank pages in many of the forums? At the top and bottom of every page, are the links to specific page numbers. In the October 2016 group right now it shows:
Pages: [1] [...] [1240] [1241]
Usually, if you click on the last option, it will take you to that page and there is the most recent posts. If you do that right now, you go to that page, but there are no posts there, just the black band describing the thread, and then the list of members viewing that page.

We've been working around it so far, but if the issue isn't wide spread, the folks that can fix it, may not know that something is broken.
Not a complete list but here are the pages I've noticed this issue on:
  • October 2016
  • December 2016
  • July 2016
  • February 2016
  • March 2016

Offline canless2014

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-30
« Reply #610 on: November 23, 2016, 11:44:00 PM »
Quote from: chewie

Thankful for all you fellow quitters. Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving tomorrow folks!

Chewie
Nice work Chewie! Happy Thanksgiving, stay quit y'all!
"Post roll. Post more if you want to. That's the beauty of the place: We ask you post roll. We ask you to be honest. That's all. No more. No less. Be there for your brothers and ask for help when you need it." - Wastepanel 10/6/14

"What would you do to save your own life? If you were fighting cancer today would you suffer through Chemo, surgeries, try new a therapy? change your diet, go to church? What intolerable hell would you endure to simply live. When you have thought long and hard about that, think on this. Why not apply that attitude to your quit. Suffer through the temporary discomfort of withdrawal to achieve your freedom from a slow painful demise via nicotine. Your in the ring already- fight like you mean it." - Skoal Monster 10/8/14

Quit Date: 6/30/2014 at 4:30 PM

HOF Date: 10/07/2014

Offline chewie

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
    • 406Northlane
  • Quit Date: 7.24.2006
  • Interests: quitting, family, digital marketing, beer, whiskey, horror movies... Fucks Given: 0
  • Likes Given: 350
« Reply #609 on: November 23, 2016, 10:38:00 PM »

Chewie
"Every man dies... not every man really lives." - William Wallace

QD - 7.24.06 / HOF - 10.31.06 / 2nd - 2.08.07 / 3rd - 5.19.07 / 4th - 8.27.07 / 5th - 12.05.07 / 6th - 3.14.08 / 7th - 6.22.08 / 8th - 9.30.08 / 9th - 1.08.09 / Comma - 4.18.09 / 11th - 7.27.09 / 12th - 11.04.09 / 13th - 2.12.10 / 14th - 05.23.10 / 15th - 08.31.2010 / 16th - 12.9.10 / 17th - 3.19.11 / 18th - 6.27.11 / 19th - 10.5.11 / 2K - 1.13.12 / 21st - 4.22.12 / 22nd - 7.31.12 / 23rd - 11.8.12 / 24th - 2.16.13 / 25th - 5.27.13 / 26th - 9.4.13 / 27th - 12.12.13 / 28th - 3.24.14 / 29th - 7.1.14 / 3K - 10.9.14 / 31st - 1.17.15 / 32nd - 4.27.15 / 33rd - 8.5.15 / 34th - 9.13.15 / 35th - 2.21.16 / 36th - 5.31.16 / 37th - 9.8.16 / 38th - 12.17.16 / 39th - 3.27.17 / 4K - 7.5.17 / 41st - 10.13.17 / 42nd - 1.21.18 / 43rd - 5.1.18 / 44th - 8.9.18 / 45th - 11.17.18 / 46th - 2.25.19 / 47th - 6.5.19 / 48th - 9.13.19 / 49th - 12.22.19 / 5K - 4.1.20 / 51st - 7.9.20 / 52nd - 10.17.20 / 53rd - 1.25.21 / 54th - 5.5.21 / 55th - 8.13.21 / 56th - 11.21.21 / 57th - 3.1.22 / 58th - 6.9.22 / 59th - 9.17.22 / 6K - 12.26.22 / 61st - 4.5.23 / 62nd - 7.14.23 / 63rd - 10.22.23 / 64th - 1.20.24

Episode III: The Final Quit | 406 Northlane | ScareTissue.com

Offline Gas

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Computer gaming, music, mechanics, music, music, music...staying quit
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #608 on: November 13, 2016, 02:34:00 PM »
Quote from: Lassiter1011
I quit this morning. Been wanting to kick the habit a long time. Been dipping for 20 plus years. Not bad right now but worried about when i get home lol. Ive got this. Got to stay on the move i guess.
Make sure you get your introduction done, and post roll in the appropriate group. I think you'll want Feb 2017. I can't grab links right now.

Get that support going, your roll post is your daily promise to stay quit. Welcome to KTC and glad to quit with you.
Quit day: 9/23/16   HOF day: 12/31/16   2nd Floor: 4/10/17   3rd Floor: 7/19/17   1 Year: 9/23/17   4th Floor: 10/27/17   5th Floor: 2/4/18   6th Floor: 5/15/18   7th Floor: 8/23/18   2 Years: 09/23/18

Offline Lassiter1011

• Quit Date: 2016-11-13
« Reply #607 on: November 13, 2016, 12:06:00 PM »
I quit this morning. Been wanting to kick the habit a long time. Been dipping for 20 plus years. Not bad right now but worried about when i get home lol. Ive got this. Got to stay on the move i guess.

Offline Gas

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Computer gaming, music, mechanics, music, music, music...staying quit
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #606 on: November 13, 2016, 06:26:00 AM »
Quote from: tljent79
Quote from: Jupiter
Quote from: backwoods901
Quote from: Badger69
I'm on my fourth day without nicotine. Seems like it may be getting better but it goes in waves. I was a tin a day guy for 35 years and my nic free brain seems like it is going through a very powerful change. I never want to have to go through this again!
badger you are in the February group in the quit groups head in there and post a day 4!!!

Congrats though on being quit, it will come with many struggles and battles but you got this remember we have all been through this, Hydrate lots of water will help, use any alternatives you can to help cravings (seeds, gum,fake,jolly ranchers).

Use this site as a tool and dive in head first and start your journey of KTC excellence, We do one day at time and never anymore. reach out get fellow quitters numbers that way when you have a time you feel you may cave you have instant contact with someone. Everyday is a new chapter and a new way of functioning with out nicotine.

Wake up piss post, thats the motto we live by for posting roll
Congrats on your Quit badger! The ABSOLUTE KEY is remember how much these first days suck. Promise to yourself that you never want to put yourself through this again!

Tons of tools here to help.
  • Knowing what to expect helped a ton for me -- (What to Expect First 100 Days
  • Hearing everyone go through the same stuff is huge too -- Top 100 Reasons to Quit -- that link is for fun but it's crazy how many that you'll think you could've written on there.
  • And obviously the biggest tools are all of us... wait that didn't sound right... Lean on your quit group early and often. It will help more than you'll expect.
Thanks for those links! Seems like I'm finding links everywhere I look to little hidden gems. It's appreciated.
As Jupiter said, he is a tool.

Make friends. We are waging a war here, and we can win. If all goes well, we are the people you will deal with every day for the rest of your life, ODAAT.
Quit day: 9/23/16   HOF day: 12/31/16   2nd Floor: 4/10/17   3rd Floor: 7/19/17   1 Year: 9/23/17   4th Floor: 10/27/17   5th Floor: 2/4/18   6th Floor: 5/15/18   7th Floor: 8/23/18   2 Years: 09/23/18

Offline tljent79

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-11-02
  • Interests: Spending time with my family, being outdoors, music, & traveling.
« Reply #605 on: November 02, 2016, 11:40:00 AM »
Quote from: Jupiter
I'm on my fourth day without nicotine. Seems like it may be getting better but it goes in waves. I was a tin a day guy for 35 years and my nic free brain seems like it is going through a very powerful change. I never want to have to go through this again!
badger you are in the February group in the quit groups head in there and post a day 4!!!

Congrats though on being quit, it will come with many struggles and battles but you got this remember we have all been through this, Hydrate lots of water will help, use any alternatives you can to help cravings (seeds, gum,fake,jolly ranchers).

Use this site as a tool and dive in head first and start your journey of KTC excellence, We do one day at time and never anymore. reach out get fellow quitters numbers that way when you have a time you feel you may cave you have instant contact with someone. Everyday is a new chapter and a new way of functioning with out nicotine.

Congrats on your Quit badger! The ABSOLUTE KEY is remember how much these first days suck. Promise to yourself that you never want to put yourself through this again!

• Hearing everyone go through the same stuff is huge too -- Top 100 Reasons to Quit -- that link is for fun but it's crazy how many that you'll think you could've written on there.
  • And obviously the biggest tools are all of us... wait that didn't sound right... Lean on your quit group early and often. It will help more than you'll expect.
Thanks for those links! Seems like I'm finding links everywhere I look to little hidden gems. It's appreciated.
"I'd like to think of myself as the flavor of the decade." - Ron Paul

Offline Jupiter

• Quitter
  • NEVER LOSE FOCUS!
  • Quit Date: 9/15/2016
« Reply #604 on: October 31, 2016, 10:51:00 PM »

Go Bucks!
Nights 2-4 are Dark and Full of Terrors -- remember them. Promise to never go through them again!

This picture says IT ALL!

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 2, 2016
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #603 on: October 31, 2016, 03:00:00 PM »
Quote from: KingNothing
Quote from: Kodiak
Quote from: ChipperH
Hello, thanks for setting up this site, the encouragement is fantastic! I quit in June of this year after 20+ years of a can of Cope per day. And I loved it... I quit because I hated being mastered by a small can. Even though I'm about 4 months into quitting, the past week or so has been tortuous. I even dream about dipping. I had reckoned that it would be pretty easy after the first month or so... wrong. Is that normal? I've been chewing gum, crunching mints, started seeds, and have gone back to fake dip. Prayer and stubbornness are keeping me clean, but my goodness. Can I anticipate fighting this way for the next good while? Have you long term quitters reached a point where dipping is no longer dominant in your thinking?
I am in the same boat. I am approaching six months and figured this all would have been in the rear view mirror long ago. While I am proud of myself for making it this far I might be more disappointed that it is still such a struggle.
Yesterday might have been my closest to caving yet because I was so trashed. I think I fully intended to buy a tin but dumb luck might have saved me that it was several blocks away and I didn't make it there.
I never really bought into the posting roll thing because in my mind I would have won this war when I stop thinking about it -and waking up every day where the first thing I do is promise not to chew seems counterproductive to that goal. But maybe it does make sense because I am going to live the rest of my life as an addict, constantly a couple blocks away from throwing it all away on just one Kodiak.
Not thinking about dip is not the answer. You got one thing right: as an addict, you will never forget about dip. As such, you have to retrain your mind to "think" about it in a different way. That's EXACTLY why posting roll works. When you do that, you promise that no matter how much you think of dip that day, you will not under any circumstances go back on that promise (accountability).

By making that promise public, I don't have to worry about the creeping thoughts of "no one will know," or "it's only one dip, it can't hurt me." That's addict thought and the only way to get through those thoughts is to confront them head on. The side benefit of posting roll is you have at least 20 other quitters going through the exact same thought processes (brotherhood).

When you add the first paragraph to the second paragraph: accountability + brotherhood = success. It's the foundation of this site and it's the only reason I posted day 480 this morning. Some days are better than others. Most days I don't even think about dipping after I post roll, but it's because I've trained myself to believe that there will never be a good enough reason to cave and betray the guys I've posted with for nearly a year and a half. It's not because one day I magically stopped thinking about dip. It's because I no longer give myself an "out" with dip. That takes a lot of hard work and constant retraining of your brain. It's not magic. It's hard work, but it's SO worth the freedom you gain in return.
King, EXACTLY!

Guys, encouragement is all well and good, but the cornerstone of this site is accountability. Accountability is what drags you through when things are especially tough. That promise means that no matter what the hell is going on in your life, or how painful/ hopeless it seems, nicotine is just not an option for you today.

I'm sure we'd all love the option of moving on like the addiction never happened, but that's just not how it works. The shitty, dragged on, day to day struggle to stay quit is just the price we've gotta pay for starting in the first place. Yeah, it gets better, but I've not heard anyone say that it completely goes away.

I tell you what though - I'd much rather pay THIS price than the price of continuing to feed my addiction. Because that cost involves lies to the people I love, degradation of my health, inability to control my own behavior, financial burden and ultimately death or disfigurement.

Posting roll keeps me aware, but it also means that I can't possibly use because I gave my word that I wouldn't. That's a fair trade in my opinion.

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #602 on: October 31, 2016, 12:17:00 PM »
Quote from: Kodiak
Hello, thanks for setting up this site, the encouragement is fantastic! I quit in June of this year after 20+ years of a can of Cope per day. And I loved it... I quit because I hated being mastered by a small can. Even though I'm about 4 months into quitting, the past week or so has been tortuous. I even dream about dipping. I had reckoned that it would be pretty easy after the first month or so... wrong. Is that normal? I've been chewing gum, crunching mints, started seeds, and have gone back to fake dip. Prayer and stubbornness are keeping me clean, but my goodness. Can I anticipate fighting this way for the next good while? Have you long term quitters reached a point where dipping is no longer dominant in your thinking?
I am in the same boat. I am approaching six months and figured this all would have been in the rear view mirror long ago. While I am proud of myself for making it this far I might be more disappointed that it is still such a struggle.
Yesterday might have been my closest to caving yet because I was so trashed. I think I fully intended to buy a tin but dumb luck might have saved me that it was several blocks away and I didn't make it there.
I never really bought into the posting roll thing because in my mind I would have won this war when I stop thinking about it -and waking up every day where the first thing I do is promise not to chew seems counterproductive to that goal. But maybe it does make sense because I am going to live the rest of my life as an addict, constantly a couple blocks away from throwing it all away on just one Kodiak.
Not thinking about dip is not the answer. You got one thing right: as an addict, you will never forget about dip. As such, you have to retrain your mind to "think" about it in a different way. That's EXACTLY why posting roll works. When you do that, you promise that no matter how much you think of dip that day, you will not under any circumstances go back on that promise (accountability).

By making that promise public, I don't have to worry about the creeping thoughts of "no one will know," or "it's only one dip, it can't hurt me." That's addict thought and the only way to get through those thoughts is to confront them head on. The side benefit of posting roll is you have at least 20 other quitters going through the exact same thought processes (brotherhood).

When you add the first paragraph to the second paragraph: accountability + brotherhood = success. It's the foundation of this site and it's the only reason I posted day 480 this morning. Some days are better than others. Most days I don't even think about dipping after I post roll, but it's because I've trained myself to believe that there will never be a good enough reason to cave and betray the guys I've posted with for nearly a year and a half. It's not because one day I magically stopped thinking about dip. It's because I no longer give myself an "out" with dip. That takes a lot of hard work and constant retraining of your brain. It's not magic. It's hard work, but it's SO worth the freedom you gain in return.
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline Kodiak Quitter

• Quit Date: 2016-05-12
« Reply #601 on: October 30, 2016, 04:29:00 PM »

Offline davsaf

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-10-07
« Reply #600 on: October 28, 2016, 08:01:00 PM »
Congratulations. Just keep plugging through. Read all you can on this site for the next few days. It helps to read even the oldest posts with people having the same experiences. Just hitting the 3 week mark myself and things are noticeably better. Insomnia and severe anxiety at every ache, pain or spot on me were my biggest issues but they do pass. Lots of great people on this site who know what your going through and want you to succeed so post any questions.

Offline Backwoods901

• Quit Pro
« Reply #599 on: October 28, 2016, 07:49:00 PM »

9/6/2016

Offline Badger69

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #598 on: October 28, 2016, 07:29:00 PM »

Offline JB65

• Quitting MoFo
  • Lennie and Henry
  • Quit Date: August 17, 2015
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #597 on: October 27, 2016, 07:59:00 AM »
Quote from: FLLipOut
Quote from: Kyle
On day number 35 of my quit. Dipped for 18 plus years of around a can every two days. The anxiety and mind games have been the worst for me. I have never even breached the stuff I think about daily when I dipped. Not fun questions that now pop into my head. I guess I dipped to deal with the stresses of life. I will be better off on the other side but in the middle of it sucks. Finally getting some sleep which helps. I have zero intention of ever doing kodiak or any other tobacco again, but this sucks I definitely thought by now I would be over it.
Hey Kyle! Great job on 35 days quitting alone. Why aren't you posting roll in December's quit group? There is a ton of strength to be found in a pack and in making a daily pledge. Go on over, post roll and introduce yourself! These are folks at the same point in the journey as you!
Exactly right man. Thats what being in a group is all about. You guys get to know each other, exchange digits, discuss things that are going on in your quit.

Just hang in there man, it gets significantly better soon for you. Join the group and you will get more support than you could have imagined. The general discussion is fine, but nothing like joining a quit group.