Author Topic: General Discussion - 2015  (Read 47442 times)

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: General Discussion - 2015
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2015, 08:28:00 AM »
Quote from: RLTW
Quote from: Mitchke1
Don't know if this is the right place to post, if not please move.

Woke up this morning at 3:30am after 3rd straight night of fitful sleeping to a house full of motivational sayings and scripture verses all throughout the house at places I go to in the morning. My wife must have taken couple of hours to write,draw, and color all the taped pages. Pretty awesome of her!! More importantly much needed.

I'm starting day 4 and the struggle is getting worse. Day 1 was easiest and gave me a false sense of how the battle would be fought. I am determined to beat this addiction. Living in the Deep South a majority of my co workers are users and it makes it tough when you are around tobacco dippers and chewers all day.

A big shout out goes to Natro... Who has kept up with me by phone text during the day and night by offering encouragement and being a sounding board for me. I hope I'm not too much a burden on you for this, because I have no one else, but I really appreciate what you've done.

Off to work I go... I have the power within me to beat Nicotine!!!!
Now you can't let her down and you can't let yourself down. All of my coworkers still chew too but I don't give a fuck, im tougher than them. Man up and fight through it.
I'm quit with you.

Day 60
This is some goo shit!

It's not that this isn't the place for this kind of post, but I would recommend starting your own Intro page here.

You can add this kind of thing, and keep track. It can be very helpful to go back and look at it, and update as you move along on your journey.

Either way, two big wins! Stay Strong. Stay Quit!
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline RLTW 2/75

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-11-09
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2015, 06:28:00 AM »
Quote from: Mitchke1

Woke up this morning at 3:30am after 3rd straight night of fitful sleeping to a house full of motivational sayings and scripture verses all throughout the house at places I go to in the morning. My wife must have taken couple of hours to write,draw, and color all the taped pages. Pretty awesome of her!! More importantly much needed.

I'm starting day 4 and the struggle is getting worse. Day 1 was easiest and gave me a false sense of how the battle would be fought. I am determined to beat this addiction. Living in the Deep South a majority of my co workers are users and it makes it tough when you are around tobacco dippers and chewers all day.

A big shout out goes to Natro... Who has kept up with me by phone text during the day and night by offering encouragement and being a sounding board for me. I hope I'm not too much a burden on you for this, because I have no one else, but I really appreciate what you've done.

Now you can't let her down and you can't let yourself down. All of my coworkers still chew too but I don't give a fuck, im tougher than them. Man up and fight through it.
I'm quit with you.

Day 60

Offline Mitchke1

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-01-04
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2015, 05:21:00 AM »

"The will to persevere is often the difference between failure and success."
- David Sarnoff

Offline tarosean

• Quit Date: 2014-12-30
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2015, 02:14:00 AM »
So what caused you to take that that pinch after a couple of weeks?
wish I could give you a definitive answer... but I cannot.
Stress? Drinking? routine? I am the only person I was around who dipped so its not like I bummed one from someone, etc. I had to purposely ask for it at the counter. I know I took a dip and threw the can away for a few times after that.

Living rural TX the counter is what scares me the most since it inst exactly hard to find.

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2015, 04:04:00 PM »
Quote from: GrievousAngel
Quote from: tarosean
Day 8 V2... I say version two since this is the second time I am attempting to quit over the last 2 months. First time was Nov 17 .. I made it a couple weeks.. but I backslid, taking a pinch, of course that pinch turned back into routine use and hiding it from my family. I tossed everything again on Dec 30th determined to break this 30yr habit.

This time the foggy head and fatigue are just killing me much worse than just a few short weeks ago.

I cannot seem to concentrate at all on work, and as soon as I get to my room I am passing out... (business trip right now)

I'm not judging. Sincerely curious.

I'm on Day 2. Looking for pitfalls.

Edit: Day 2 is much easier than Day 1 for me . . maybe it's because Day 1 started without Nicotine? That is I threw my can away on Sunday night (early monday morning around 1 am) . .so I woke up Day 1 (Monday morning) without anything . . and it was BRUTAL. Blurred vision, stomach cramps, the craps, feverish (can't get warm) feelings followed by sweating . . restlessness.

Day 2 now is just cravings . . that come and go.

Fingers crossed.
Luck and hope aren't words we use here. You have to want it!! Learn to hate nicotine and chew. Change your frame of mind:
1. First thing, post roll call, your promise to not use nicotine for one day
2. How are you going to invest in your quit today; drink water, exercise, get on KTC and help a fellow quitter
3. When you do get a crave how will you combat it? Gum, candy, seeds or fake chew? Text a fellow quitter? Chat on KTC?
4. If you used to chew while driving, playing video games, golfing, fishing or hunting, etc. How will you change you previous behavior?
Don't try to forget that you are an addict, fight that each day and add remember the clock is ticking:
http://www.killthecan.org/facts-figures ... -pictures/

Offline Grievous Angel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: Jan 5, 2015
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2015, 03:37:00 PM »
Day 8 V2... I say version two since this is the second time I am attempting to quit over the last 2 months. First time was Nov 17 .. I made it a couple weeks.. but I backslid, taking a pinch, of course that pinch turned back into routine use and hiding it from my family. I tossed everything again on Dec 30th determined to break this 30yr habit.

This time the foggy head and fatigue are just killing me much worse than just a few short weeks ago.

I cannot seem to concentrate at all on work, and as soon as I get to my room I am passing out... (business trip right now)

I'm not judging. Sincerely curious.

I'm on Day 2. Looking for pitfalls.

Edit: Day 2 is much easier than Day 1 for me . . maybe it's because Day 1 started without Nicotine? That is I threw my can away on Sunday night (early monday morning around 1 am) . .so I woke up Day 1 (Monday morning) without anything . . and it was BRUTAL. Blurred vision, stomach cramps, the craps, feverish (can't get warm) feelings followed by sweating . . restlessness.

Day 2 now is just cravings . . that come and go.

Fingers crossed.

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 28, 2014
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2015, 12:37:00 PM »
^ Thanks guys

Read everything you can. Go into Live chat and make some new friends. We are all fighting the same enemy and together we are much stronger than doing it alone. The Welcome Center will tell you how to Post Roll. Get over to April 15 in the Quit Groups section and start posting roll, DAILY. That is your promise to yourself and us that you will refrain from using nicotine today.

Offline tarosean

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2015, 12:11:00 PM »
^ Thanks guys

Offline chewie

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
    • 406Northlane
  • Quit Date: 7.24.2006
  • Interests: quitting, family, digital marketing, beer, whiskey, horror movies... Fucks Given: 0
  • Likes Given: 351
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2015, 11:41:00 AM »
Quote from: Nolaq
This place works, but participation is required.
#truth
"Every man dies... not every man really lives." - William Wallace

QD - 7.24.06 / HOF - 10.31.06 / 2nd - 2.08.07 / 3rd - 5.19.07 / 4th - 8.27.07 / 5th - 12.05.07 / 6th - 3.14.08 / 7th - 6.22.08 / 8th - 9.30.08 / 9th - 1.08.09 / Comma - 4.18.09 / 11th - 7.27.09 / 12th - 11.04.09 / 13th - 2.12.10 / 14th - 05.23.10 / 15th - 08.31.2010 / 16th - 12.9.10 / 17th - 3.19.11 / 18th - 6.27.11 / 19th - 10.5.11 / 2K - 1.13.12 / 21st - 4.22.12 / 22nd - 7.31.12 / 23rd - 11.8.12 / 24th - 2.16.13 / 25th - 5.27.13 / 26th - 9.4.13 / 27th - 12.12.13 / 28th - 3.24.14 / 29th - 7.1.14 / 3K - 10.9.14 / 31st - 1.17.15 / 32nd - 4.27.15 / 33rd - 8.5.15 / 34th - 9.13.15 / 35th - 2.21.16 / 36th - 5.31.16 / 37th - 9.8.16 / 38th - 12.17.16 / 39th - 3.27.17 / 4K - 7.5.17 / 41st - 10.13.17 / 42nd - 1.21.18 / 43rd - 5.1.18 / 44th - 8.9.18 / 45th - 11.17.18 / 46th - 2.25.19 / 47th - 6.5.19 / 48th - 9.13.19 / 49th - 12.22.19 / 5K - 4.1.20 / 51st - 7.9.20 / 52nd - 10.17.20 / 53rd - 1.25.21 / 54th - 5.5.21 / 55th - 8.13.21 / 56th - 11.21.21 / 57th - 3.1.22 / 58th - 6.9.22 / 59th - 9.17.22 / 6K - 12.26.22 / 61st - 4.5.23 / 62nd - 7.14.23 / 63rd - 10.22.23 / 64th - 1.20.24

Episode III: The Final Quit | 406 Northlane | ScareTissue.com

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2015, 11:31:00 AM »

Sean, do yourself a favor and start reading. When you get back to your room, read as much as you can here. Start at the Welcome Center. Learn about posting roll, and why we are all here.

You can do this. We can help, but you have to have the right mindset.

If you have questions or need help, click the PM button under my name and shoot me a message.

This place works, but participation is required.

Offline tarosean

« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2015, 08:43:00 AM »

Offline deepelumraider

• Quit Date: 2015-01-05
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2015, 08:37:00 AM »
Day 2 begins. Gotta say last night wsan't easy after dinner and the first few hours pf sleep were restless. not sure if that was due to withdrawal or not. Doesn't matter, I guess.

Off I go to work. Will pray for strenth in the decision to say no for myself and all of you out there.

Judson

Offline paulx1

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-12-20
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2015, 10:05:00 PM »
Quote from: Nolaq
Quote from: redtrain14
Quote from: Smeds
Quote from: deepelumraider
Thanks for the responses guys. Sorry, I am just getting back on the board. After I posted, I was out of pocket and in meetings today. I posted "tomorrow" as my quit day because I already had dipped yesterday.

Will try and do better posting more quickly. Haven't been involved in many forums like this.

I am at home this evening, have not dipped today and told the wife that I can't leave the house tonight so I don't slip out and pick any up. One day at a time, but I do want to quit and am thankful for the support.

Judson
You got this Judson ... power through buddy. Your word is everything, and you've posted roll giving your word. Don't go back on it, it's a promise to yourself mostly ... but to us as well. I'll quit with you today! We'll worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. You made a great decision to quit ... congrats!
If you quit yesterday...looks like a big day 2 for you today. Congrats!
Awesome job Judson!

When you post Roll, you are giving us your word you will not use nicotine for today. Keep your WORD!

You can do this. If you need help, or have questions, PM me.
Good for you Judson. You'll have good days and bad - all you have to remember to do is NOT chew.

If you come on here and post each day (and refuse to go back on your word) that's been enough to get me through so far. Without giving a daily promise I would have caved for sure.

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2015, 09:55:00 PM »
Quote from: redtrain14
Thanks for the responses guys. Sorry, I am just getting back on the board. After I posted, I was out of pocket and in meetings today. I posted "tomorrow" as my quit day because I already had dipped yesterday.

Will try and do better posting more quickly. Haven't been involved in many forums like this.

I am at home this evening, have not dipped today and told the wife that I can't leave the house tonight so I don't slip out and pick any up. One day at a time, but I do want to quit and am thankful for the support.

Judson
You got this Judson ... power through buddy. Your word is everything, and you've posted roll giving your word. Don't go back on it, it's a promise to yourself mostly ... but to us as well. I'll quit with you today! We'll worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. You made a great decision to quit ... congrats!
Awesome job Judson!

When you post Roll, you are giving us your word you will not use nicotine for today. Keep your WORD!

You can do this. If you need help, or have questions, PM me.

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2015, 09:16:00 PM »

Judson