Author Topic: General Discussion - 2010  (Read 30777 times)

Offline ncgolfer

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: General Discussion - 2010
« Reply #490 on: December 18, 2010, 05:22:00 AM »
I love sleeping one hour at a time. I feel like a kid on Christmas, checking the clock all night long.
Quit Date - 12/17/2010
Hall of Fame - 03/26/2011
Hall of Fame Speech - http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?showtopic=4546

Offline Buckeye64

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love working out, smashing faces at work and being the best husband and father I can be to my gorgeous family.
« Reply #489 on: December 17, 2010, 11:43:00 PM »
Quote from: ncgolfer
Well it is now after 8pm on my first nic free day in 20+ years. Honestly much better than I thought it would be. I was a little shacky in the morning, a little hazy in the afternoon and a little less sober in the evening. Either way, making the committment to y'all this morning, and now to my family today, got me through this one day. I can't wait for the challenge of quitting again tomorrow.
That's kickass. Keep it up and our March group will dominate.

I ordered the fake shit the first day of my quit. Got it in the mail yesterday after a 7 day quit streak and tried it out. I called my buddy, who chews, gave him the shit and told him to either use it or give it away. I can't have anything that reminds me of the texture...it was too much for me as I was spitting again...adjusting it....felt too comfortable. If you can do without it I say do it.

Offline chewie

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
    • 406Northlane
  • Quit Date: 7.24.2006
  • Interests: quitting, family, digital marketing, beer, whiskey, horror movies... Fucks Given: 0
  • Likes Given: 350
« Reply #488 on: December 17, 2010, 10:15:00 PM »
New blog post: Where Do You Buy Your Fake Dip?
http://blog.killthecan.org/?p=512
"Every man dies... not every man really lives." - William Wallace

QD - 7.24.06 / HOF - 10.31.06 / 2nd - 2.08.07 / 3rd - 5.19.07 / 4th - 8.27.07 / 5th - 12.05.07 / 6th - 3.14.08 / 7th - 6.22.08 / 8th - 9.30.08 / 9th - 1.08.09 / Comma - 4.18.09 / 11th - 7.27.09 / 12th - 11.04.09 / 13th - 2.12.10 / 14th - 05.23.10 / 15th - 08.31.2010 / 16th - 12.9.10 / 17th - 3.19.11 / 18th - 6.27.11 / 19th - 10.5.11 / 2K - 1.13.12 / 21st - 4.22.12 / 22nd - 7.31.12 / 23rd - 11.8.12 / 24th - 2.16.13 / 25th - 5.27.13 / 26th - 9.4.13 / 27th - 12.12.13 / 28th - 3.24.14 / 29th - 7.1.14 / 3K - 10.9.14 / 31st - 1.17.15 / 32nd - 4.27.15 / 33rd - 8.5.15 / 34th - 9.13.15 / 35th - 2.21.16 / 36th - 5.31.16 / 37th - 9.8.16 / 38th - 12.17.16 / 39th - 3.27.17 / 4K - 7.5.17 / 41st - 10.13.17 / 42nd - 1.21.18 / 43rd - 5.1.18 / 44th - 8.9.18 / 45th - 11.17.18 / 46th - 2.25.19 / 47th - 6.5.19 / 48th - 9.13.19 / 49th - 12.22.19 / 5K - 4.1.20 / 51st - 7.9.20 / 52nd - 10.17.20 / 53rd - 1.25.21 / 54th - 5.5.21 / 55th - 8.13.21 / 56th - 11.21.21 / 57th - 3.1.22 / 58th - 6.9.22 / 59th - 9.17.22 / 6K - 12.26.22 / 61st - 4.5.23 / 62nd - 7.14.23 / 63rd - 10.22.23 / 64th - 1.20.24

Episode III: The Final Quit | 406 Northlane | ScareTissue.com

Offline ncgolfer

• Quitter
« Reply #487 on: December 17, 2010, 08:18:00 PM »
Well it is now after 8pm on my first nic free day in 20+ years. Honestly much better than I thought it would be. I was a little shacky in the morning, a little hazy in the afternoon and a little less sober in the evening. Either way, making the committment to y'all this morning, and now to my family today, got me through this one day. I can't wait for the challenge of quitting again tomorrow.
Quit Date - 12/17/2010

Offline Sadjr111

• Quitter
« Reply #486 on: December 17, 2010, 02:17:00 PM »
Quote from: CalNotKodiakBears
Quote from: tarpon17
Quote from: mylilsecret
Quote from: noonelikesaquitter
Ok, after reading this for hours yesterday with a dip in my mouth, I quit!  My last dip was last night at 11:30.  Here is the hard part. I woke up this morning at 6:30 am, drove the kids to school and headed to Wal Mart to buy some Smokey Mtn Chew.  They don't have it, so its now 9:15 and of course I'm craving, not sure if it's the oral thing or the nic, but it's there.  Either way I'm committed.  I have a long drive ahead of me today, which will be tough but I'm committed to an hour at a time right now.  I'll check back in later with how the day went.
Well done ncgolfer! Welcome to the best decision you ever made. The next few days/weeks are going to suck, but it's worth it.

Check your Inbox(1) in the upper right corner. I'll send you some information.

IF you can't get SMC, get some sunflower seeds, gum (not nicorette), water, life savers, mints, ANYTHING to stuff in your face that does not have nicotine in it.

Listen, you CAN do this. If I can, you can. I've been 277 days without any nicotine. You got this. We will help.

PM me if you need anything.
My walmart didn't carry it either. I had to go to an herbal type store just to purchase it. Stay strong! If you need anything .. just ask.
Thanks to everyone, another hour is about to click by and I'm heading off for a long drive. Toothpicks and gum will have to do until I find Smokey Mtn or similar. I dumped my last tin this morning (never done that before) and it was 3/4 full. The tempatation was too close. I'm Heading to post to my quit group now. Thanks again.
NC-you did the right thing. You are a badass! Try every walmart you pass, i got mine at walmart. whatever it takes, just don't put that shit in your mouth!
Thanks to all, another hour ticks by. I've hit another Wal-Mart and no luck. Stooped at Gander mountain and picked up jerky and seeds.
Walmart is hit or miss with the SMC. I'm in Houston, and some carry it, some do not. Some supermarkets will carry it as well.

Welcome aboard, and great choice. Buckle up, and welcome
to your new, nic-free life.
Im in the Houston area as well. I get my SMC at HEB.
HOF 2-17-2011
500 Days 3-23-12

Offline CalNotKodiakBears

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-03-20
  • Interests: Astronomy, CampingAngels BaseballCal FootballUCI Baseball (Go Eaters!)
« Reply #485 on: December 17, 2010, 12:36:00 PM »
Ok, after reading this for hours yesterday with a dip in my mouth, I quit!  My last dip was last night at 11:30.  Here is the hard part. I woke up this morning at 6:30 am, drove the kids to school and headed to Wal Mart to buy some Smokey Mtn Chew.  They don't have it, so its now 9:15 and of course I'm craving, not sure if it's the oral thing or the nic, but it's there.  Either way I'm committed.  I have a long drive ahead of me today, which will be tough but I'm committed to an hour at a time right now.  I'll check back in later with how the day went.
Well done ncgolfer! Welcome to the best decision you ever made. The next few days/weeks are going to suck, but it's worth it.

IF you can't get SMC, get some sunflower seeds, gum (not nicorette), water, life savers, mints, ANYTHING to stuff in your face that does not have nicotine in it.

Listen, you CAN do this. If I can, you can. I've been 277 days without any nicotine. You got this. We will help.

My walmart didn't carry it either. I had to go to an herbal type store just to purchase it. Stay strong! If you need anything .. just ask.
Thanks to everyone, another hour is about to click by and I'm heading off for a long drive. Toothpicks and gum will have to do until I find Smokey Mtn or similar. I dumped my last tin this morning (never done that before) and it was 3/4 full. The tempatation was too close. I'm Heading to post to my quit group now. Thanks again.
NC-you did the right thing. You are a badass! Try every walmart you pass, i got mine at walmart. whatever it takes, just don't put that shit in your mouth!
Thanks to all, another hour ticks by. I've hit another Wal-Mart and no luck. Stooped at Gander mountain and picked up jerky and seeds.
Walmart is hit or miss with the SMC. I'm in Houston, and some carry it, some do not. Some supermarkets will carry it as well.

Welcome aboard, and great choice. Buckle up, and welcome to your new, nic-free life.
Quit Date: 03/20/10
HOF Date: 06/27/10
Comma: 12/13/12

"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." -Carl Sagan

Offline ncgolfer

• Quitter
« Reply #484 on: December 17, 2010, 11:33:00 AM »

Quit Date - 12/17/2010

Offline tarpon17

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #483 on: December 17, 2010, 11:28:00 AM »

Offline ncgolfer

• Quitter
« Reply #482 on: December 17, 2010, 10:01:00 AM »

Quit Date - 12/17/2010

Offline mylilsecret

• Quitter
  • Interests: walking barefoot in the grasslistening to the sound of rainhearing laughter of childrengiving freely without thinkingtalking to my best friendsmelling fresh cut flowerswriting poetry & songsmaking someone smileloving unconditionally-xo
« Reply #481 on: December 17, 2010, 09:48:00 AM »

Quit Date: 01/04/07

I Want To Inspire People!
I Want Someone To Look At Me  Say -
"Because Of You ... I Didn't Give Up!"

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #480 on: December 17, 2010, 09:46:00 AM »
When can I join a Quit Group? Now? or after 72 hours?
To answer your question, you are encouraged to join your group as soon as you've spit your shit out and dumped all your cans. Every one you have hidden in your desk, closet, under the seat of your truck, in your toolbox, in the winter jacket from last year, in the ceiling tiles, at work. ALL OF THEM!

Get into March 2011, post your Day 1, and let's get to quittin. I'll be looking for you there.
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline mylilsecret

• Quitter
  • Interests: walking barefoot in the grasslistening to the sound of rainhearing laughter of childrengiving freely without thinkingtalking to my best friendsmelling fresh cut flowerswriting poetry & songsmaking someone smileloving unconditionally-xo
« Reply #479 on: December 17, 2010, 09:46:00 AM »
(peeks around the corner)
Merry Christmas Quit Brothers  Sisters

Stay Quit!
-mls
Quit Date: 01/04/07

I Want To Inspire People!
I Want Someone To Look At Me  Say -
"Because Of You ... I Didn't Give Up!"

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #478 on: December 17, 2010, 09:29:00 AM »
Ok, after reading this for hours yesterday with a dip in my mouth, I quit! My last dip was last night at 11:30. Here is the hard part. I woke up this morning at 6:30 am, drove the kids to school and headed to Wal Mart to buy some Smokey Mtn Chew. They don't have it, so its now 9:15 and of course I'm craving, not sure if it's the oral thing or the nic, but it's there. Either way I'm committed. I have a long drive ahead of me today, which will be tough but I'm committed to an hour at a time right now. I'll check back in later with how the day went.

What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline ncgolfer

• Quitter
« Reply #477 on: December 17, 2010, 09:26:00 AM »
Ok, after reading this for hours yesterday with a dip in my mouth, I quit! My last dip was last night at 11:30. Here is the hard part. I woke up this morning at 6:30 am, drove the kids to school and headed to Wal Mart to buy some Smokey Mtn Chew. They don't have it, so its now 9:15 and of course I'm craving, not sure if it's the oral thing or the nic, but it's there. Either way I'm committed. I have a long drive ahead of me today, which will be tough but I'm committed to an hour at a time right now. I'll check back in later with how the day went.
When can I join a Quit Group? Now? or after 72 hours?
Quit Date - 12/17/2010

Offline ncgolfer

• Quitter
« Reply #476 on: December 17, 2010, 09:17:00 AM »
Quit Date - 12/17/2010