Author Topic: General Discussion - 2014  (Read 62146 times)

Offline BRO24

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: being with my 3 kids and fantastic girlfriend, playing hockey during the winter, watersking and softball during the summer. Also like to restore classic cars and trucks.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: General Discussion - 2014
« Reply #1195 on: December 25, 2014, 12:06:00 PM »
MERRY CHRISTMAS GUYS! Starting to feel the positive effects of quitting! Life is looking up !

Stay quit strong!

Offline schaef418

• BANNED
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #1194 on: December 25, 2014, 10:55:00 AM »
Merry Christmas Quitters!

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #1193 on: December 24, 2014, 01:09:00 PM »
Quote from: jforrest1980
Hey everyone, I just hit day 10 and I feel great. But yesterday I finally started getting sores in my mouth. never really had this issue before, at least not a sore like this. I know none of you are likely doctors, but I am wondering if any of you have got the same type sores as me. I have experienced 2 types.

The first are under the inside of my cheek, and as far as I can tell not visible. They feel like a little grain of sand, and never seems to get bigger, or smaller.

The second, which I developed yesterday after lunch, I think is a canker sore. I have never had one of these. It is visable, and is pretty close to where I use to hold my dip. It is directly on the gum below my tooth, and there seems to be these little "clusters" as I am calling them. They are small pin-head sized bumps around the area, even directly across from the main sore on my cheek instead of my gum.

Has anyone else experienced these types of sores? I figure I will give it till after new year then make a dentist appt if not better.
Forest, I have been right there with you. I have researched every little thing change that happens to my mouth.
Your mouth is adjusting and healing up after not having poison in your mouth, the ph levels are readjusting and also you are probably eating seeds, candy, gum or some other alternative, your mouth is not used to that.
Also, I think that since we are quit now, we are very aware of our mouths since we are worried about what we have been doing to our mouths over 5, 10, 15, 20+ years.
This is a good list of what to expect:
http://www.killthecan.org/your-quit/sym ... -dip-chew/

1. Use mouth wash, warm saltwater and/or some hydrogen peroxide (water down) to rinse your mouth.
2. If they don't go away after a couple weeks get them checked out, peace of mind
3. Schedule a dentist appointment which a lot of us have put off for years, they will do a oral cancer screening and get back on good dental hygiene

Offline jforrest1980

• Quit Date: 2014-12-12
« Reply #1192 on: December 24, 2014, 11:52:00 AM »
Hey everyone, I just hit day 10 and I feel great. But yesterday I finally started getting sores in my mouth. never really had this issue before, at least not a sore like this. I know none of you are likely doctors, but I am wondering if any of you have got the same type sores as me. I have experienced 2 types.

The first are under the inside of my cheek, and as far as I can tell not visible. They feel like a little grain of sand, and never seems to get bigger, or smaller.

The second, which I developed yesterday after lunch, I think is a canker sore. I have never had one of these. It is visable, and is pretty close to where I use to hold my dip. It is directly on the gum below my tooth, and there seems to be these little "clusters" as I am calling them. They are small pin-head sized bumps around the area, even directly across from the main sore on my cheek instead of my gum.

Has anyone else experienced these types of sores? I figure I will give it till after new year then make a dentist appt if not better.

Offline schaef418

• BANNED
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #1191 on: December 23, 2014, 08:09:00 PM »
Quote from: Roy
Quote from: schaef418
shocker
So I have noticed a lot of the quitter pictures on the website and on the KTC Facebook page where everyone is giving the "2 in the pink and 1 in the stink" hand gesture (see above). Is there any KTC significance or history behind it or is just one of things where one guy started it and everyone else followed suit?
"Shocker" was big in the mid to late 90s.
But what does it have to do with KTC?
Gmann probably knows

Offline Roy

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 8/11/14
  • Interests: Church, Family, and Running
  • Likes Given: 78
« Reply #1190 on: December 23, 2014, 06:41:00 PM »
shocker
So I have noticed a lot of the quitter pictures on the website and on the KTC Facebook page where everyone is giving the "2 in the pink and 1 in the stink" hand gesture (see above). Is there any KTC significance or history behind it or is just one of things where one guy started it and everyone else followed suit?
But what does it have to do with KTC?
"Trying to quit and not using all that KTC has to offer is like jerking off with boxing gloves on. It MIGHT work but why make things more difficult than they have to be." - Greenspidy

"Dipping may be something distant in my rear view, addiction is not." - Boelker62

"If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." - Romans 10:9

Offline schaef418

• BANNED
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #1189 on: December 23, 2014, 06:32:00 PM »
shocker

Offline Roy

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 8/11/14
  • Interests: Church, Family, and Running
  • Likes Given: 78
« Reply #1188 on: December 23, 2014, 05:43:00 PM »
shocker
"Trying to quit and not using all that KTC has to offer is like jerking off with boxing gloves on. It MIGHT work but why make things more difficult than they have to be." - Greenspidy

"Dipping may be something distant in my rear view, addiction is not." - Boelker62

"If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." - Romans 10:9

Offline GameCock89

• Quit Date: 2014-12-16
« Reply #1187 on: December 21, 2014, 05:59:00 PM »
Quote from: Zeno
Quote from: GameCock89
It's day 4...Yesterday was a real test for me. After an entire day of feeling EXTREMELY tense, headaches and stomach pains, I had my first REAL test. I went out with my girlfriend for a few drinks. SUCCESS! I didn't cave!

Now it's time for my second test: I'm driving 4 hours back home to see my folks for Christmas. Road trips were the times when I dipped more than ever...basically had one in for the entire drive. NOT TODAY! I will NOT cave.

Just needed to type that out to give it a little more resonance within me. Thanks y'all. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.
Congratulations on your victory.

Warning...testing yourself so early in your quit is DANGEROUS! Keep fake, seeds, gum, etc. on hand for these trigger situations. Drinking was a huge trigger for me....didn't drink unitl 25 or so days into my quit and that was too early. Driving long distances is also another trigger for me...can't really avoid these...but protect your quit with a substitute for dip. Day 4 is huge...you should be coming out of your fog. Keep drinking water till your drinking and peeing at the same time.

Quit on, cockman.
I agree with Schaef - it IS a victory, but it's best not to try to chalk those victories up in the early days....if you don't dip today, that is the victory of victories and all you need to ask of yourself today. Alcohol will make your quit difficult, like Schaef I put it off for a while, for me a couple months. Text me for digits if you want, I will answer day or night, 24/7.
I made it!!! Just got through day 6, and it's getting better all the time. Thanks for the support guys. Fuck cancer, and Merry Christmas!

Offline Zeno

• Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quitting. Reading. Hiking.
  • Likes Given: 233
« Reply #1186 on: December 19, 2014, 06:30:00 PM »
It's day 4...Yesterday was a real test for me. After an entire day of feeling EXTREMELY tense, headaches and stomach pains, I had my first REAL test. I went out with my girlfriend for a few drinks. SUCCESS! I didn't cave!

Now it's time for my second test: I'm driving 4 hours back home to see my folks for Christmas. Road trips were the times when I dipped more than ever...basically had one in for the entire drive. NOT TODAY! I will NOT cave.

Just needed to type that out to give it a little more resonance within me. Thanks y'all. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

Warning...testing yourself so early in your quit is DANGEROUS! Keep fake, seeds, gum, etc. on hand for these trigger situations. Drinking was a huge trigger for me....didn't drink unitl 25 or so days into my quit and that was too early. Driving long distances is also another trigger for me...can't really avoid these...but protect your quit with a substitute for dip. Day 4 is huge...you should be coming out of your fog. Keep drinking water till your drinking and peeing at the same time.

Quit on, cockman.
I agree with Schaef - it IS a victory, but it's best not to try to chalk those victories up in the early days....if you don't dip today, that is the victory of victories and all you need to ask of yourself today. Alcohol will make your quit difficult, like Schaef I put it off for a while, for me a couple months. Text me for digits if you want, I will answer day or night, 24/7.
Proud Jan. 13 Jackwagin

Quit Date: Sept. 28, 2012

Quitters I have met: ADMann (JW), AirForceAddict, BigBrotherJack, Brettlees, Bronc, ChickDip, Corby, DrStober, EvilWon (JW), GoneCruising, Jbradley (JW), NetGain, Nickald, Remickulous, Sage, Scoot, Sportsfan (JW), Srohde...and always want to meet more.

Endure and Abstain - Epictetus' motto

Offline schaef418

• BANNED
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #1185 on: December 19, 2014, 09:44:00 AM »

Quit on, cockman.

Offline GameCock89

• Quit Date: 2014-12-16
« Reply #1184 on: December 19, 2014, 09:02:00 AM »

Offline Frazzled

• Eternal Quitters
  • Master of Quit
  • 1/3/2011
  • Quit Date: 1/3/2011
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #1183 on: December 18, 2014, 07:09:00 PM »
Glad to see this study come out and to see that UST is on the defensive now...

U of M Researchers Say Smokeless Tobacco Needs Regulation
Quit Date 1/3/11
Floor 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

Offline Mjollnir

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #1182 on: December 18, 2014, 04:03:00 PM »
So I head out to the range today with my newly built rifle. I start getting set up and I notice to my left a few benches down is a guy about my age probably 350 lbs and carrying a rubber tube in his nose attached to a box strapped to him. He has a 7 mag. and about at 1.5 in group at 25 yds. The range officer tells him he could probably hit the gongs at 220 yds. I have my doubts but offer to spot for him.

After several misses (random impacts) it is decided that maybe he should put it on paper first at say 100 yds.

Cease fire is called and I go out and move my target to the range I want, and notice he is attempting to carry his target out - to 100 yds. I did it for him. He complained about his failing lungs and thanked me.

We all shoot for a few minutes, then another cease fire is called. I start a conversation with the guy to my right and we bullshit for a few. Then I look for the big guy to see if he needs help. He is standing behind the safety line... Smoking a fucking cigarette.

NO FUCKING CLUE.

Offline schaef418

• BANNED
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #1181 on: December 18, 2014, 08:37:00 AM »
Quote from: Nolaq
Quote from: Diesel2112
So, I've been trying to figure out what the significance of December 4, 2012 is and why so many users were online that day...in the range of 428. Can anyone shed some light?
Circle Jerk
Close. Wasn't a real circle jerk, but G was giving hand jobs that day.

I got three. :blink:
Measuring quit lengths...

Wanna see mine? Mine is bigger!

Gmann wants to see them all!