Author Topic: General Discussion - 2018  (Read 78349 times)

Offline trigerhapy

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 01/05/15
  • Interests: Quit for LIFE
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: General Discussion - 2018
« Reply #552 on: September 15, 2018, 01:45:00 PM »
Quote from: buccobro
Quote from: trigerhapy
Quote from: Smeds
Quote from: GDubya
What the hell has happened to our Quit Site ???
Someone didn’t see the horseshit coming, obviously.  Or they didn’t care, chalking it up to, “its out of our hands”.
Having a hell of a time with the server dropping out. Not sure if I'm bumping anyone. Definitely takes way too long to post around in a  bunch of groups. I know I should give it some time to get used to the new sight but I'm really not liking it. I don't know about you guys but I might not stick around.
I’ll be limiting my posts to my home group for now I think ... but we’ll see how things progress.  DEFINITELY not digging the ads popping up.  Quitting ain’t for sale.  I feel bad for the newbies, it’s enough of a struggle without your lifeline changing.  I honestly knew nothing about this coming down the pipe, until the site was down this AM.  Saw a post on Facecrack summing up the “migration”, kinda.  Fuck the app ... tapatalk has ALWAYS sucked.
On the site through PC browser and it's cumbersome for me. Agreed, feel bad for all the noobs and pre hof. I suppose I'll stick to the home group as well and see if I can get used to it.
I think this will be resolved. When a 10 year quitter tells me they’re working on the ads, I trust him. Let’s just give it some time. Don’t start planning your cave due to the site changing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice, if I'm not here I'm a caver. That's it! 3... 2... 1... CAVING!

Offline FISHFLORIDA

• AUG 16' Traumatizer
  • Administrator
  • Quitting MoFo
  • The Adventures of Florida Man
  • Quit Date: 5/24/16
  • Interests: Saltwater Flyfishing
  • Likes Given: 1528
« Reply #551 on: September 15, 2018, 10:44:00 AM »
Rest assured, the majority of frustration lies with mods and admins who are working virtually around the clock to correct issues and get familiar with the new platform.  We didn't choose to switch, it was a forced change.  I still haven't ventured to the app yet.  Desktop is where I'll be for a bit.  My digits are available as well.  The good news is that the new platform works like a Ponzi scheme.  For every 3 people you recruit, you get 10K posts.added to you avatar....
Just one is right back to where you were and where you were was desperately wishing you were where you are now.- Via Flip
"But KNOW that quitting every day means that eventually you'll have to quit on the day Lassie kicks the bucket" - ZAM
My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline Batdad

• Quit Asshole
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Churning the KTC Dookie Butter
  • Quit Date: 01/03/2017
  • Interests: Quitting!
  • Likes Given: 1068
« Reply #550 on: September 15, 2018, 10:36:00 AM »
It’s ok to be frustrated... it’s ok be upset....

It’s also ok to give it a couple days, I promise there are a bunch of people working on these issues.

No matter how much of a pain in the ass posting roll is, it’s still easier than posting Day 1

If you’re looking for a reason to leave, it’s pretty easy to find one... it’s always been easy to find a reason to leave.

If you need help, reach out... My phone number is always available. I’ll do my best to help.

Sent from my batphone using Tapatalk
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline strider51

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #549 on: September 15, 2018, 10:24:00 AM »
Just take a class on HTML and get a mouse for your phone. What's so hard about that? /sarcasm

I've been in IT for 20 years and have a lot of experience with inexperience, if you will. I've always felt the roll call posting process here was a lot to ask of casual users.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Offline PabloCruzer

• Quit Date: 2018-09-04
  • Interests: Bow Hunting, Golf, Dual Sport Motorcycles, FlyingRetired
« Reply #548 on: September 15, 2018, 09:56:00 AM »
At least I'm not the only one.  Misery loves company.

Offline PabloCruzer

• Quit Date: 2018-09-04
  • Interests: Bow Hunting, Golf, Dual Sport Motorcycles, FlyingRetired
« Reply #547 on: September 15, 2018, 09:55:00 AM »
Blowing off steam.   Just about the time I am figuring out how to communicate on the KTC site,.....they change it.   If there is a support group to help those few who are not technically gifted or a thread, I wish I could find it.  My opinion, one problem is that most (99%) of folks on the site have been involved in forums before, know how to use and navigate them and assume that we all know how.  While the retarded few (1%) have no clue.  Frustrating.  

Can't post the all important "Role Call" if you don't know how.  The helpful few can not bring them selves to a level low enough to be able to help.

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #546 on: September 15, 2018, 08:38:00 AM »
https://www.killthecan.org/forum-migrat ... -hear-you/

Sent from my iPhone with a touch of anarchy

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
  • you kids get off my yard
  • Quit Date: 11/13/08
  • Likes Given: 631
« Reply #545 on: September 15, 2018, 05:34:00 AM »
if your tellin me its eezyer to post from a phone then a pc then they just threw the baby out just to have clean bath water.

Offline buccobro

• Quitter
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #544 on: September 14, 2018, 11:40:00 PM »
Someone didn’t see the horseshit coming, obviously.  Or they didn’t care, chalking it up to, “its out of our hands”.
Having a hell of a time with the server dropping out. Not sure if I'm bumping anyone. Definitely takes way too long to post around in a  bunch of groups. I know I should give it some time to get used to the new sight but I'm really not liking it. I don't know about you guys but I might not stick around.
I’ll be limiting my posts to my home group for now I think ... but we’ll see how things progress.  DEFINITELY not digging the ads popping up.  Quitting ain’t for sale.  I feel bad for the newbies, it’s enough of a struggle without your lifeline changing.  I honestly knew nothing about this coming down the pipe, until the site was down this AM.  Saw a post on Facecrack summing up the “migration”, kinda.  Fuck the app ... tapatalk has ALWAYS sucked.
On the site through PC browser and it's cumbersome for me. Agreed, feel bad for all the noobs and pre hof. I suppose I'll stick to the home group as well and see if I can get used to it.
I think this will be resolved. When a 10 year quitter tells me they’re working on the ads, I trust him. Let’s just give it some time. Don’t start planning your cave due to the site changing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline trigerhapy

• Master of Quit
« Reply #543 on: September 14, 2018, 11:23:00 PM »

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #542 on: September 14, 2018, 11:08:00 PM »
The ads are being worked on.

I think the app works great but I’ve been using it for awhile.

Sent from my iPhone with a touch of anarchy

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #541 on: September 14, 2018, 11:05:00 PM »
I’ll be limiting my posts to my home group for now I think ... but we’ll see how things progress. DEFINITELY not digging the ads popping up. Quitting ain’t for sale. I feel bad for the newbies, it’s enough of a struggle without your lifeline changing. I honestly knew nothing about this coming down the pipe, until the site was down this AM. Saw a post on Facecrack summing up the “migration”, kinda. Fuck the app ... tapatalk has ALWAYS sucked.
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline trigerhapy

• Master of Quit
« Reply #540 on: September 14, 2018, 11:00:00 PM »

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #539 on: September 14, 2018, 10:46:00 PM »
Someone didn’t see the horseshit coming, obviously. Or they didn’t care, chalking it up to, “its out of our hands”.
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline Gdubya

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: August 23, 2013
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #538 on: September 14, 2018, 10:14:00 PM »