Author Topic: 1st Day Quit  (Read 59858 times)

Offline Bug Guy

• REMF
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Just a squirrel trying to get a nut
  • Quit Date: 1-4-19
  • Interests: Buckeye Football, Hunting, Hiking, Hanging with the family
  • Likes Given: 2427
Re: 1st Day Quit
« Reply #119 on: March 31, 2020, 09:09:01 PM »
Anyone seen Hundy? I heard chris2alaska ate him. That's right, chris2alaska ate Hundy!
Congrats for everything you do here to make KTC the great quit community that it is!!!  KTC would not be the same without you!  Keep up that incredible quit, Chris!!
You're a wonderful guy Chris. Proud to be your quit brother. Congrats again on 800, you make this place BEARable.....you know what I did there lol
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

INTRO | HOF SPEECH | HOF WRITEUP
QUIT 1/4/19 HOF 4/13/19 2ND FLOOR 7/22/19 3RD FLOOR 10/30/19 4TH FLOOR 2/7/20 5TH FLOOR 5/17/20 6TH FLOOR 8/25/20 7TH FLOOR 12/3/20 8TH FLOOR 3/13/21 9TH FLOOR 6/21/21 DANGLE FLOOR 9/29/21 11TH FLOOR 1/7/22 12TH FLOOR 4/17/22

Offline FLLipOut

• Master of Quit
  • Lady Arsonist
  • Quit Date: 07/22/16
  • Likes Given: 2555
« Reply #118 on: March 30, 2020, 05:04:58 PM »
Anyone seen Hundy? I heard chris2alaska ate him. That's right, chris2alaska ate Hundy!
Congrats for everything you do here to make KTC the great quit community that it is!!!  KTC would not be the same without you!  Keep up that incredible quit, Chris!!
Just one and you will be back to where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are now.
"The best way out is always through." - Robert Frost
"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!" - Samwise Gamgee
HOF: 10.29.16 | FL 2: 02.06.17 | FL 3: 05.17.17 | Y1: 07.22.17 | FL 4: 08.25.17 | FL 5: 12.03.17 | FL 6: 03.13.18 | FL 7: 06.21.18 | Y2: 07.22.18 | FL 8: 09.29.18 | FL 9: 01.07.19 | COMMA , : 04.17.19 | Y3: 07.22.19 | FL 11: 07.26.19 | FL 12: 11.03.19 | FL 13: 02.11.20 | FL 14: 05.21.20 | Y4: 07.22.20 | FL 15: 08.29.20  | FL 16: 12.07.20 | FL 17: 03.17.21 | FL 18: 06.25.21 | Y5: 07.22.21 | FL 19: 06.25.21 | FL 20 ,, : 01.11.22 | FL 21: 04.21.22 | Y6: 07.22.22 | FL 22: 07.30.22 | FL 23: 11.07.22 | FL 24: 02.15.23 | FL 25: 05.26.23 | Y7: 07.22.23 | FL 26: 09.03.23 | FL 27: 12.12.23 | FL 28: 03.21.24

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
« Reply #117 on: March 30, 2020, 08:01:19 AM »
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
« Reply #116 on: January 17, 2020, 06:28:05 PM »
Chris, you have dominated nicotine the last 2 years, here's to many more. Congrats brother!
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4349
« Reply #115 on: January 17, 2020, 12:47:13 PM »
holy. shit. congrats on 2 revolutions around the sun Chris!!!!  'Bow'
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |
29th FL: 04.02.24 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1878
« Reply #114 on: January 17, 2020, 12:43:39 PM »
Congrats on 2 years quit. Super badass.
Jan19

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 971
« Reply #113 on: January 17, 2020, 11:25:09 AM »
2 freaking years, every damn day.

Thank you for being you big boy, we all love you mucho.

Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
Re: 700 Days of Quit
« Reply #112 on: December 18, 2019, 07:07:30 PM »
As I sit here on the eve of my 700th day of being quit from nicotine, I am unsure of my future.  I have lived the last 699 days one day at a time, never really planning into the future.  Now that I know I no longer need nicotine to live my life, I need to actually make plans to live it.  That being said, I am finally taking bake my life.  I have two surgeries scheduled for early next year, the first is in January to get my foot fixed (I have a huge bone spur on the back of my heal under the Achilles tendon).  Later in February, I am having a Sleeve Gastrectomy performed to help me get my weight under control.  I have lost 30 pounds so far on my own but I need to loose another 150 to get where I need to be. 

Once these have been done and my healing is mostly under way, I can then concentrate on doing things I have missed out on for so long, mostly spending time, and actually engaging in activities, with my family.  Things that being overweight and tied to a dead plant have robbed me of for so long.

I have been very depressed for the last year because of my situation and now I can finally start to see the light at the end of tunnel. 

Now, let's talk about nicotine.  Nicotine is in the top 5 most addictive chemicals known to man.  It has a 67% addiction rate for those that have tried cigarettes or chew.  That means that 6 out of every 9 people that try products containing nicotine will be addicted to it.  That, my friends, is really shitty odds.  You'd have a better chance of surviving a game of Russian Roulette.

Now, let's talk about the mortality rate.  Tobacco KILLS up to half of it's users.  More than 8,000,000 million deaths can be attributed to just cigarette smoking (1.2 million of those people were none smokers that died from second hand smoke exposure).  <----That was always my way of justifying my dip use, I would say, "well, at least I'm not hurting anyone else with my dip".

So let's recap, 6 of 9 people who try tobacco, will become addicted to it, 3 of those 6 will mostly likely die from tobacco use.  If I knew these statistics 33 years ago when I stuck that first dip in, I would probably have declined it that time.  Unfortunately, that was not the case, and here we are, addicts all of us hoping we have skirted the big C.  Some of us will not make it out alive, but we can sure live free from our addiction until that day comes.

So what is my point today?  I don't know.  I just had some thoughts rolling around and they needed to find there way here.  Who knows, something in this diatribe might help someone.

Anyway, tomorrow is day 700 for me.  I am truly thankful to all those who have supported me and continue to do so.  I only hope I have been able to support all of you the same.

Thank you.  God bless all of you.  I love you all as brothers and sisters.

Chris

I will be by your side through the ups and downs, anything you need my brother... anything.

Congrats Chris on your 700 day eve.  You are one of the vets that I remember from early in my quit...first couple weeks when I was fully in the suck.  Just the fact that I remember you from that time means that you were active in our Oct '19 group, supporting my quit brothers and sisters, always encouraging.  You've helped to prove that, no matter the odds, with the will and help from others we can beat just about anything.  You have the will to overcome your future challenges and there's no doubt in my mind that you will find the support right here.  Personally, I look forward to the opportunity to return some of that support that you so unselfishly showered upon me and my group over the past several weeks.  We have your back brother.  Go get it!

Congrats on 700, the same day I hit 365.  Pretty weird sitting here typing this now, when I remember thinking on day 1 when you wrote in my intro and PMed me your number how weird that was at the time.  LOL but, it’s what we do.  Thanks for setting a good example of what a quitter should be around here.  Happy 700!

Congrats on 700 and let em know if I can help in any way. Proud to quit with you.

Congrats on 7-HUNDOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Proud to quit with you and honored by your support!!!!!

This calls for POM POMS!!!

'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party'
Damn proud to be quit with you today brother!! Congrats on the 7th floor!!
congrats!  Well done!
Ahh. I remember that day we crossed paths so long ago. You were there when I had my first moose, showed me the ropes, what to do, and (ouch) what not to do. The beaver incident (how was I supposed to know?!), how finding pepper spray in bear shit is a bad sign, salmon kissing etc.  I'll never forget it. or you. I still have that wolf skin thong.
Congratulations my friend - 700 never looked so good.
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline walterwhite

• Admin (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 1.4.2016
  • Likes Given: 1112
« Reply #111 on: December 18, 2019, 04:08:56 PM »
As I sit here on the eve of my 700th day of being quit from nicotine, I am unsure of my future.  I have lived the last 699 days one day at a time, never really planning into the future.  Now that I know I no longer need nicotine to live my life, I need to actually make plans to live it.  That being said, I am finally taking bake my life.  I have two surgeries scheduled for early next year, the first is in January to get my foot fixed (I have a huge bone spur on the back of my heal under the Achilles tendon).  Later in February, I am having a Sleeve Gastrectomy performed to help me get my weight under control.  I have lost 30 pounds so far on my own but I need to loose another 150 to get where I need to be. 

Once these have been done and my healing is mostly under way, I can then concentrate on doing things I have missed out on for so long, mostly spending time, and actually engaging in activities, with my family.  Things that being overweight and tied to a dead plant have robbed me of for so long.

I have been very depressed for the last year because of my situation and now I can finally start to see the light at the end of tunnel. 

Now, let's talk about nicotine.  Nicotine is in the top 5 most addictive chemicals known to man.  It has a 67% addiction rate for those that have tried cigarettes or chew.  That means that 6 out of every 9 people that try products containing nicotine will be addicted to it.  That, my friends, is really shitty odds.  You'd have a better chance of surviving a game of Russian Roulette.

Now, let's talk about the mortality rate.  Tobacco KILLS up to half of it's users.  More than 8,000,000 million deaths can be attributed to just cigarette smoking (1.2 million of those people were none smokers that died from second hand smoke exposure).  <----That was always my way of justifying my dip use, I would say, "well, at least I'm not hurting anyone else with my dip".

So let's recap, 6 of 9 people who try tobacco, will become addicted to it, 3 of those 6 will mostly likely die from tobacco use.  If I knew these statistics 33 years ago when I stuck that first dip in, I would probably have declined it that time.  Unfortunately, that was not the case, and here we are, addicts all of us hoping we have skirted the big C.  Some of us will not make it out alive, but we can sure live free from our addiction until that day comes.

So what is my point today?  I don't know.  I just had some thoughts rolling around and they needed to find there way here.  Who knows, something in this diatribe might help someone.

Anyway, tomorrow is day 700 for me.  I am truly thankful to all those who have supported me and continue to do so.  I only hope I have been able to support all of you the same.

Chris

I will be by your side through the ups and downs, anything you need my brother... anything.

Congrats Chris on your 700 day eve.  You are one of the vets that I remember from early in my quit...first couple weeks when I was fully in the suck.  Just the fact that I remember you from that time means that you were active in our Oct '19 group, supporting my quit brothers and sisters, always encouraging.  You've helped to prove that, no matter the odds, with the will and help from others we can beat just about anything.  You have the will to overcome your future challenges and there's no doubt in my mind that you will find the support right here.  Personally, I look forward to the opportunity to return some of that support that you so unselfishly showered upon me and my group over the past several weeks.  We have your back brother.  Go get it!

Congrats on 700, the same day I hit 365.  Pretty weird sitting here typing this now, when I remember thinking on day 1 when you wrote in my intro and PMed me your number how weird that was at the time.  LOL but, it’s what we do.  Thanks for setting a good example of what a quitter should be around here.  Happy 700!

Congrats on 700 and let em know if I can help in any way. Proud to quit with you.

Congrats on 7-HUNDOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Proud to quit with you and honored by your support!!!!!

'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party'
congrats!  Well done!
You will NEVER regret quitting. You will ALWAYS regret caving ~ NOLAQ

Everyday an addict reminds himself he is an addict is a day an addict earns another day of freedom. ~ Scowick65

To persevere is important for everybody. Don't give up, don't give in. There's always an answer to everything. ~ Louis Zamperini

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4349
« Reply #110 on: December 18, 2019, 10:58:19 AM »

Chris

Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |
29th FL: 04.02.24 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline FLLipOut

• Master of Quit
  • Lady Arsonist
  • Quit Date: 07/22/16
  • Likes Given: 2555
« Reply #109 on: December 18, 2019, 10:45:27 AM »

Chris

Just one and you will be back to where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are now.
"The best way out is always through." - Robert Frost
"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!" - Samwise Gamgee
HOF: 10.29.16 | FL 2: 02.06.17 | FL 3: 05.17.17 | Y1: 07.22.17 | FL 4: 08.25.17 | FL 5: 12.03.17 | FL 6: 03.13.18 | FL 7: 06.21.18 | Y2: 07.22.18 | FL 8: 09.29.18 | FL 9: 01.07.19 | COMMA , : 04.17.19 | Y3: 07.22.19 | FL 11: 07.26.19 | FL 12: 11.03.19 | FL 13: 02.11.20 | FL 14: 05.21.20 | Y4: 07.22.20 | FL 15: 08.29.20  | FL 16: 12.07.20 | FL 17: 03.17.21 | FL 18: 06.25.21 | Y5: 07.22.21 | FL 19: 06.25.21 | FL 20 ,, : 01.11.22 | FL 21: 04.21.22 | Y6: 07.22.22 | FL 22: 07.30.22 | FL 23: 11.07.22 | FL 24: 02.15.23 | FL 25: 05.26.23 | Y7: 07.22.23 | FL 26: 09.03.23 | FL 27: 12.12.23 | FL 28: 03.21.24

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1878
« Reply #108 on: December 18, 2019, 06:57:44 AM »

Chris

Jan19

Offline AndyCan

• Quitter
  • 17 years of dumbassery, quit, now I’m a genius
  • Quit Date: 12/19/2018
  • Interests: Weightlifting, outdoors, hiking, comedy, wife and kids
  • Likes Given: 665
« Reply #107 on: December 17, 2019, 11:50:30 PM »

Chris

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
« Reply #106 on: December 17, 2019, 09:12:52 PM »

Chris

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 971
« Reply #105 on: December 17, 2019, 08:56:10 PM »

Chris

Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH