Author Topic: day 3  (Read 173506 times)

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: day 3
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2018, 05:32:39 PM »
April 23rd, 2013, 7:20 am #25

why are my dreams so freaking wild. I am having not just one or two but like 14 different wild ass dreams not scary ones just all over the map but none about dipping. Just wild vivid bizaar dreams. I used to stay up until 11-12 pm now if I make it to 10 I am lucky. WFT is going on the brain doesnt get its fix so it mite as well sleep and dream?

April 23rd, 2013, 12:09 pm #27

Your brain is now getting oxygen brother! Rewiring is what is happening.
Dream on! Quit on!

April 23rd, 2013, 2:05 pm #28

Freedom quit brother. Your brain is free.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2018, 05:31:55 PM »

why are my dreams so freaking wild. I am having not just one or two but like 14 different wild ass dreams not scary ones just all over the map but none about dipping. Just wild vivid bizaar dreams. I used to stay up until 11-12 pm now if I make it to 10 I am lucky. WFT is going on the brain doesnt get its fix so it mite as well sleep and dream?

April 23rd, 2013, 12:09 pm #27

Your brain is now getting oxygen brother! Rewiring is what is happening.
Dream on! Quit on!
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2018, 05:30:47 PM »

April 23rd, 2013, 12:08 pm #26

I remember those dreams, and I've put a lot of thought into it. I think the our brains, once free of the nicotine, have to sort of feel out to find new boundaries. Your brain is experiencing a much wider span of emotion now, which the subconcious mind is enjoying. It's kind of like a new playground to a kid, or a new pasture to livestock. You ever watched a spirited horse when he's put in a large new area? What does he do? He'll run from one side to the other....... checking the boundaries. I think that's what our brains are doing. They are no longer numb, and they love it. Just exploring what is possible.

Or, maybe I'm just nuts.

Either way, there's my $.02.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2018, 05:29:48 PM »

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2018, 05:29:11 PM »
April 22nd, 2013, 8:26 am #21

Remember to turn the tables on the Nic Bitch. Conciously decide that you will enjoy the withdrawal symptoms...they are the feeling of healing. When you get a particularly strong crave, or you're about the rip the head off someone for saying something horrible to you like, "Good morning, Trauma." Just smile and casually ask the Nic Bitch, "Is that the best you got?"

There are no short-cuts and nobody can do this for you. It is just you, earning your freedom one day at a time. But we have your back every step of the way. The mindfucks will be plentiful...dip dreams, triggers you never new of, constipation, sleeplessness, lack of concentration, etc. Make sure to notice it, actually experience it...and remember it. 6 days (7 now) is a strong start. You may be through the worst of it, maybe not...it doesn't matter. Just take what the Nic Bitch throws your way in stride, post roll, stay strong.

You're free, brother. Stay strong and stay free.

April 22nd, 2013, 9:30 am #22

good stuff I never thought to embrace the nic bitch withdrawls and that they are a means to get to where I am going. This support to a stranger is like no other reminds me of my old military brothers. thank you

April 22nd, 2013, 10:36 am #24

That's how this place works, Trauma. There will always be a tidbit of advice that stands out from the pack. Grab onto it, and add it to you bag of tools. Success here depends on you getting the right mindset, whatever that takes. I agree with Bean, channeling the emotion is key. My HOF speech tells a similar story. I'm a generally low-key guy, but I'll always carry a few grudges related to nicotine. It keeps my quit strong.

Whatever tools you use, do not ...... DO NOT..... take this out on your boys. I have 3 young sons as well. Our families are innocent. Bring the rage here, brother. These walls are strong.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2018, 05:27:07 PM »
April 21st, 2013, 1:18 pm #13

day 6 here and today I have habitually reached for the can more than any other day. I am grouchy as hell cant stand anyone everything is irratating. Worked on pickup last nite for hours laying in the snow mud and ice to keep busy today I am ugly as hell. I have been trying to stay away from people. I dont know why today I am jonesing more today than the others. I got to get this controlled I have two lil men that look up to me I cant be biting their heads off because I am an addict.

any words of advice ugh

April 22nd, 2013, 9:42 am #23

The first weekend was awful for me. I think we're on about the same timeline. I had a Saturday/Sunday as my Day 6/7. However, having said that, it got much better quickly. The second weekend was so much better. I was able to actually enjoy being alive vs. being a grouchy bitch the entire day.

Listen to what It's_Got2Happen said, "Take deep breaths and engage your brain", before you talk to your kids or wife, any loved ones. Realize that they don't know how you feel, and they're not the addict. You don't want to make them pay for what you did to yourself. Take lots of deep breaths to release that tension in your chest and drink water. Also, work out. Working out, intense physical activity, keeps the nic bitch at bay, floods your system with endorphins, and helps you sleep better at night.

It's going to get better. Just remember how proud you feel every morning when you wake up. One more day of being clean and free!

Stay strong and stay quit! I quit with you today.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2018, 05:26:08 PM »

Remember to turn the tables on the Nic Bitch. Conciously decide that you will enjoy the withdrawal symptoms...they are the feeling of healing. When you get a particularly strong crave, or you're about the rip the head off someone for saying something horrible to you like, "Good morning, Trauma." Just smile and casually ask the Nic Bitch, "Is that the best you got?"

There are no short-cuts and nobody can do this for you. It is just you, earning your freedom one day at a time. But we have your back every step of the way. The mindfucks will be plentiful...dip dreams, triggers you never new of, constipation, sleeplessness, lack of concentration, etc. Make sure to notice it, actually experience it...and remember it. 6 days (7 now) is a strong start. You may be through the worst of it, maybe not...it doesn't matter. Just take what the Nic Bitch throws your way in stride, post roll, stay strong.

April 22nd, 2013, 9:30 am #22

good stuff I never thought to embrace the nic bitch withdrawls and that they are a means to get to where I am going. This support to a stranger is like no other reminds me of my old military brothers. thank you

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2018, 05:25:22 PM »

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2018, 05:24:42 PM »

day 6 here and today I have habitually reached for the can more than any other day. I am grouchy as hell cant stand anyone everything is irratating. Worked on pickup last nite for hours laying in the snow mud and ice to keep busy today I am ugly as hell. I have been trying to stay away from people. I dont know why today I am jonesing more today than the others. I got to get this controlled I have two lil men that look up to me I cant be biting their heads off because I am an addict.

any words of advice ugh

April 21st, 2013, 5:23 pm #18

Here is some advice for what its worth, I struggled with this same issue:

1. Remember this time, you only have to do this once, these feelings are normal and they WILL pass

2. Do anything possible not to use, dont give in no matter what. Do push ups, hit the heavy bag, go for run, whatever. Jump into live chat, be an asshole in here all you want, we can take it.

3. When dealing with family, kids, wife, coworker, think before you speak, take deep breaths, they do not deserve your rage. Try hard to be patient and kind. Listen more than you speak, realize when a nic fit is talking and try to squelch it.

PM me if you need a number, you got this man.

April 21st, 2013, 4:32 pm #17

After 40 years of being addicted to this I have called it quits, its been a rough two weeks so far but its getting easier to resist and not cave, last weekend I moved two yards of dirt by hand just to stay busy and keep the bitch at bay, like the others have said find something to do and stay busy thats what I find works best for me. Stay the course, don't cave!!

oh and my garden is in much better shape today because of the need to stay busy LOL

April 21st, 2013, 5:49 pm #19

Thank you everyone this is great having all these brothers offerin all they have to me thank you all

April 21st, 2013, 5:55 pm #20

Trauma bring the anger and rage here!

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2018, 05:23:54 PM »

any words of advice ugh

1. Remember this time, you only have to do this once, these feelings are normal and they WILL pass

2. Do anything possible not to use, dont give in no matter what. Do push ups, hit the heavy bag, go for run, whatever. Jump into live chat, be an asshole in here all you want, we can take it.

3. When dealing with family, kids, wife, coworker, think before you speak, take deep breaths, they do not deserve your rage. Try hard to be patient and kind. Listen more than you speak, realize when a nic fit is talking and try to squelch it.

After 40 years of being addicted to this I have called it quits, its been a rough two weeks so far but its getting easier to resist and not cave, last weekend I moved two yards of dirt by hand just to stay busy and keep the bitch at bay, like the others have said find something to do and stay busy thats what I find works best for me. Stay the course, don't cave!!

oh and my garden is in much better shape today because of the need to stay busy LOL

April 21st, 2013, 5:49 pm #19

Thank you everyone this is great having all these brothers offerin all they have to me thank you all

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2018, 05:21:25 PM »

any words of advice ugh

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2018, 05:20:13 PM »

any words of advice ugh

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2018, 05:19:16 PM »
April 21st, 2013, 3:52 pm #16

This part of the quit really sucks... the nic bitch is really pissed that you aren't feeding her. These symptom will get less intense pretty quickly. Then your 2 sons can look up to you and not see you with a lip full of cancer dirt.

Use this site to vent your rage. Stay the course. It is worth it, I promise.

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2018, 05:18:20 PM »

any words of advice ugh

April 21st, 2013, 2:29 pm #15

hey brother, im on day 4 and im the same way, i just sent my wife to the store to get 2 different flavers or sunflower seeds, now im challenging myself to see how long it takes me to fill the cranberry juice bottle, it takes my mind off of everything... 13 year dipper Brandon

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2018, 05:16:54 PM »

any words of advice ugh

April 21st, 2013, 1:26 pm #14

Find ways to take your frustration away that actually work (working out, walking, sex, whatever). Cause, brother, nicotine doesn't do shit. In the past, when you thought it relieved your stress it was just satisfying your addiction for a short time. So find something constructive, direct that frustration towards nicotine for controlling your life for so damn long! When you get mad, don't take it out on your family, chances are they didn't do shit, you're just raging. Rage here, rage on me! I'm a man, I can take it. Pm your quit brothers and get numbers so you have someone to reach out to, pm me if you need.

Stay strong!

Bruce

MY HOF speech