Author Topic: I quit on 12/2/13  (Read 10870 times)

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: I quit on 12/2/13
« Reply #122 on: September 27, 2014, 10:29:00 AM »
Way to be Pat! Three-Hundred days of freedom. Its been great walking this path with you. Congrats Ironman! ;Ironman:

Offline pbrain04

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #121 on: September 26, 2014, 03:50:00 PM »
Quote from: GMunz
P-

Your intro scared me.....because I could have easily written those same things as my intro.

It's scary to think we'll bend our lives the way we have done to pump poison in our mouths.

Your posts have been fantastic, and I have been enjoying reading them.

5 days clear of the bear myself....it's been a struggle, but I'm hanging in there.....

Keep contributing....your presence and posts are always appreciated.
our intros are all the same. That is why this works. We are the only people that understand

5 days is fantastic. Keep it up bro.

Seems like yesterday I was just a confused foggy fucker just like you

Now I'm 299 days quit. A fucking champion.

You will get there also. One day at a time. Quit everyday. Live up to your word. It's that easy.

Offline GMunz

• Quit Date: 2014-09-21
« Reply #120 on: September 26, 2014, 06:30:00 AM »
P-

Your intro scared me.....because I could have easily written those same things as my intro.

It's scary to think we'll bend our lives the way we have done to pump poison in our mouths.

Your posts have been fantastic, and I have been enjoying reading them.

5 days clear of the bear myself....it's been a struggle, but I'm hanging in there.....

Keep contributing....your presence and posts are always appreciated.
'Remshot' KODIAK

Offline starr_78

• Quitter
  • Interests: Way too much football, golf, real wrestling not pro, and hockey. I like to go pheasant hunting and shooting all sorts of guns. Cooking and eating are two more big hobbies of mine haha.
« Reply #119 on: September 24, 2014, 12:42:00 PM »
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: pbrain04
It's been awhile.

I used to update my intro when I was having a hard time. Whenever I was in a funk, in the fog, or just having a hard time I would spend time reading through intros and updating mine. It helped me get through some tough times. It was a very important part of my quit.

The fog and suck went away and I guess I kind of did also. I still post roll every day with my March 2013 bros but that has been it. I stopped updating my intro. I stopped checking newbie intros. I stopped contributing. I'm sorry about that. It just happened.

I am about to hit the 3rd floor...and my fog has returned. Like a ton of bricks. Big time. Out of nowhere. Like an out of body experience. It has been so long since I felt this. I feel like I am on day 3 all over again. It's not awesome.

So here I am. I am sorry I haven't been around but I am here right now. I spent the morning reading newbie intros. I spent some time on my intro. I reached out to my brothers and instantly received support. I got up and posted roll early. I used the tools that got me to day 297.

I feel better already

PB
Right on Pbrain! That's how it works brother. Its all good!
Way to be Pbrain! You have a plan and you followed it. That is the difference between success and failure

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
« Reply #118 on: September 24, 2014, 12:33:00 PM »
It's been awhile.

I used to update my intro when I was having a hard time. Whenever I was in a funk, in the fog, or just having a hard time I would spend time reading through intros and updating mine. It helped me get through some tough times. It was a very important part of my quit.

The fog and suck went away and I guess I kind of did also. I still post roll every day with my March 2013 bros but that has been it. I stopped updating my intro. I stopped checking newbie intros. I stopped contributing. I'm sorry about that. It just happened.

I am about to hit the 3rd floor...and my fog has returned. Like a ton of bricks. Big time. Out of nowhere. Like an out of body experience. It has been so long since I felt this. I feel like I am on day 3 all over again. It's not awesome.

So here I am. I am sorry I haven't been around but I am here right now. I spent the morning reading newbie intros. I spent some time on my intro. I reached out to my brothers and instantly received support. I got up and posted roll early. I used the tools that got me to day 297.

I feel better already

PB
Right on Pbrain! That's how it works brother. Its all good!

Offline pbrain04

• Quitter
« Reply #117 on: September 24, 2014, 12:23:00 PM »
It's been awhile.

I feel better already

PB

Offline pbrain04

• Quitter
« Reply #116 on: June 19, 2014, 01:25:00 PM »
I'm sorry I haven't been around lately. I feel bad about that. I still do some "trolling" in intros daily but haven't been contributing. I'll make it a point to get back into posting.

Any of you newbies want some advice from a real quitter? PM me or any dude on this thread. We will help you save your life.

PB

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #115 on: June 19, 2014, 12:50:00 PM »
Quote from: Bulldog0311
Quote from: starr_78
Quote from: Steakbomb18
Congrats on the 200 bro. Another milestone; another fine day to be quit with you.
March Iron Man hitting 200 with +1's, This is how it's done! Way to go Pbrain!
Gratz on 200 pbrain. Way to go brother!!!
Thanks guys. Thank you March 2013. Thank you to all the quitters.

Any newbie out there that doesn't think you can do this...you are wrong. I remember sitting on the commuter rail on day 3 foggy as fuck wondering how I would make it through the day. Shit...I was wondering how I'd make it through the 45 minute train ride.

I made it through that day. And the next. And the next. And the next. One day at a time. QLF.

If I can do it so can you.

See you at roll tomorrow...+1

PB
Way to go PBrain. I'm really proud of you and so glad you are an Ironman with us. This is the MOST righteous path we are on! Cheers Brother.
your quit has been one of my favorites. Way to go, so glad you still come around-- do it more!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
« Reply #114 on: June 19, 2014, 11:54:00 AM »
Congrats on the 200 bro. Another milestone; another fine day to be quit with you.

Any newbie out there that doesn't think you can do this...you are wrong. I remember sitting on the commuter rail on day 3 foggy as fuck wondering how I would make it through the day. Shit...I was wondering how I'd make it through the 45 minute train ride.

I made it through that day. And the next. And the next. And the next. One day at a time. QLF.

PB
Way to go PBrain. I'm really proud of you and so glad you are an Ironman with us. This is the MOST righteous path we are on! Cheers Brother.

Offline pbrain04

• Quitter
« Reply #113 on: June 19, 2014, 11:28:00 AM »

PB

Offline Bulldog0311

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 12/02/13
« Reply #112 on: June 19, 2014, 09:35:00 AM »

Offline starr_78

• Quitter
  • Interests: Way too much football, golf, real wrestling not pro, and hockey. I like to go pheasant hunting and shooting all sorts of guns. Cooking and eating are two more big hobbies of mine haha.
« Reply #111 on: June 19, 2014, 09:33:00 AM »

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #110 on: June 19, 2014, 07:13:00 AM »
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline pbrain04

• Quitter
« Reply #109 on: June 16, 2014, 12:25:00 PM »
Tony Gywnn died today at 54

Cancer

Guess how he got it?

Stay quit

Offline pbrain04

• Quitter
« Reply #108 on: June 16, 2014, 12:23:00 PM »
Quote from: T-Cell
Quote from: jake
Quote from: brettlees
When I was in my late 20's I was sitting around having a dip with a fellow addict friend of mine. We were talking about how and when we should quit. My friend said he wasn't worried about it. He said "we have a few years left...it's not like we will still be dipping at 40".

I turned 40 today and I don't dip.

So I guess he was right. I pushed it to 39.75 but he was right.

PB
Just under the wire! I'm glad you quit when you did. and happy Birthday! 'party2' 'band'
Happy birthday and congrats for making it before 40! My longest stop was at about 40, but that one didn't stick. Needed to learn to admit I needed support from badasses like you guys before o cod quit for real. Hats off man!
Damn.... I thought you were younger. Well, if your gonna be old...... At least your quit!
Hah

Jake I'm quit like fuck. And I'm old. Still feel like I'm 25. But I'm not.

Quit with you and all the old quitters

Pb
I'm glad you quit. We need dedicated quitters around here. Besides.... 40 is the new 30! Says all the old guys in the park playing chess. 'roflmao'

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Chess in the park? Just because I'm old doesn't mean I'm wise. Can we play checkers instead? Or maybe battleship?
I got a jack..... Go fish! Lol
Do you have any threes?
Alright, let's quit picking on the old guys... It just took us longer to figure it out...
Congrats pbrain. In hindsight we all wish we had quit at a younger age. Then again, I clearly wasn't ready to quit until I was....
Tony