Author Topic: bubblehed668  (Read 4091 times)

Offline bubblehed668

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit King
  • "The" Conductor
  • Quit Date: 03/22/2008
  • Likes Given: 658
Re: bubblehed668
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2021, 05:39:51 PM »
Reading all about the craves and cave dreams lately here in the introduction area along with some great success stories and it got me to thinking. I know, I know, me thinking is never good, but this is. Was talking about dog earlier today and getting fleas and all and the best way to get rid of them. Now inside my fucked up mind these two came together and this is what I got out it.

Nicotine is like the fleas, if you do not have a good defense system they will get you. KTC is the bad ass product on the market for getting rid of fleas. As long as you use the product as it is intended, fleas are not a problem. Sure you can stop using the product for a bit and you might be ok, but is it worth getting those fleas back after you spent all that time getting rid of them, I think not. In life you are not going to find something that works exactly like you want it to and then go, nah I'm alright, I don't need this. Hell no, you're gonna buy more and more into that product because it works as advertised.

KTC is here to help and has helped all who have bought in to it and followed the directions as prescribed. Now I may have missed it, but I am willing to bet that not one person caved following everything here on site. If by chance there is one, I would sure love to talk to that person to understand what in the Sam Hell was going on inside his brain.

OK enough of this, now back to your badass quitting.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline bubblehed668

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit King
  • "The" Conductor
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2021, 12:23:05 PM »
OK now what in the holy hell is going on in this f'd up place I call my brain. I actually had a cave dream last night, with of all things, Redman. I was out hunting or something with some guys and they were passing a pouch of Redman around. Some one tapped me on the back and said here ya go, I never turned around, just grabbed, said thanks and stuffed my face. Of course as soon as the shit hit my mouth my body woke me up out of that nightmare. As I lay there trying to think why my mind would let her do that to me, I thought about what I was doing earlier. I had been out with friends drinking and had talked to a guy who has been quit for 15 years. We then went outside a couple of guys were smoking a cigarette and we talked about how we had quit that also then proceeded to drink more beer.

Never let your guard down. EVER!!! This bitch will look for a crack in your quit armor to weasel her way in. It has been years since I have had one of these and they still scare the hell out of me.

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2021, 06:59:30 PM »
I -- we are not cured. we all are just $5 and a gas station away from our full blown habits again....
You can say that again! Brother I've had so many just one moments I've lost count. Besides, life as a whole is better lived one day at a time. Is it not written, "...do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own"?
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline bubblehed668

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit King
  • "The" Conductor
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2021, 06:34:29 PM »
I'm gonna have to stop doing this, it might become a habit. ;)

I have been going back through all of my quit groups old post from day one re-reading all the fucked up crazy stuff in there. Between the vets coming in there and dominating the chat, (yes we actually chat inside our groups back then ::) to the crazy things that were running through our minds early on in our quits, you run across some real gems of wisdom from old and new. Some are still around some I pray are still quit but not around. For all the newbies that are around the 20 to 40 days quit, I found this little nugget from @chewie in a discussion about how you should feel at certain points in your quit.
quite frankly the "hall" is just an arbitrary number. there's nothing "magical" about it and you certainly aren't "cured" when you get there. that being said, there is a very specific reason to have "the hall". think about this.

lets say that you are a new quitter. you come onto this site and a bunch of people are posting roll. why? cause they're quitting dip. ok. how long are they quitting for? FOREVER. that sounds pretty fucking menacing. quite frankly the idea of "forever" to me is still pretty daunting but i'm getting my head around it. like 11 said, 100 is a nice round number to shoot for. if we made the hall at 365 it'd probably be a bit more accurate (at least for me that's when i really turned the corner) but it's WAY too long... the hall is just a checkpoint. it's not the end of the journey but a nice checkpoint along the way.

if we were to tell newbies that they had to quit forever from day 1 we wouldn't have near the success that we do. quit for today. make a goal of 100 and we'll see how you feel when you get there.

can you feel better before you get to 100? sure thing.
can you "know" that you're done before you get to 100? absolutely.
can you get your ass handed to you and feel like complete shit before 100? you bet.

here's the bottom line -- we are not cured. we all are just $5 and a gas station away from our full blown habits again. if you've got your head around being done at 45 days then congratulations! that's a HUGE step. personally it took me another 300 days or so. be aware that you might have some days in the future where your outlook isn't so bright.

day by day brother -- we'll get there together.

chewie

When you have the time go back in the Archived quit groups and the older quit groups that are still active and read. There are great words of wisdom about quit and how to handle different situations while quit and stay quit. I have spent the last one hundred plus days doing this, learning again why this site and its brand of quitting is so damn important to all and laughing my ass off at some of the stupid shit we said back then.

Stay quit sisters and brothers, you can do this.

Offline bubblehed668

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit King
  • "The" Conductor
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2021, 07:56:37 PM »
This is going to be a ramble so hang on. I do not know where this will take me.

WOW

My last post in here was at my one year point in 2009. Now here we are in 2021 just past the 13 year mark and still going. So much has happened in life to challenge my quit. I have walked away form the site twice but have always found my way back because I knew this is where I belong. When I was away I knew that I would stay quit because I had a phone full of numbers that I would have to call before I caved and they would not accept it. I also knew deep down in the back of my mind I was playing Russian Roulette with the nic bitch. Who had the biggest set of balls to win that fight. Well I found out that I had the biggest set of balls to win that fight and it is the combined balls of all the quitters on KTC. That is the only way to win that fight. Do you get tired of seeing others cave, the trolls, the douche bags, the bullshit and the always thinking of nic, yes you do. You have to take what you need form here and everyone needs that backbone of KTC to quit. All the other shit is fluff, a way to expel the anger you feel when getting that shit out of your system, that anger when you are jonesing for nic. You will find keyboard warriors who are ten foot tall and bullets proof on here and you will find people who are the salts of the earth on here. Find the one that get you quit and keeps you there. Everyone knows quitting is not a solo event, it is a team sport and those first seven gentlemen that saw fit to create this great place are some of the best. I remember coming in here and seeing these guys at 2 & 3 years quit and thinking, fuck me, that's forever. Just yesterday @chewie hit his fifteen year mark (huge congrats man), and thought wow he is only 2 years ahead of me since I hit 13 years in March, that's kewl. Then I did the math and said holy shit, that is 730 days. Then you start think what you learned in 730 days quit and then you realize that is a lot time in between. So much is out there to be learned from the vets, even the ones who have come back and posted day one again. Does that piss me off, yes it does because I looked up to those guys early in my quit, but it is also humbling. I know that now matter how far I am in quit, I am not healed. I am a fuck up waiting to happen. All I need is $5 and a corner store and a piss poor excuse, no matter how good it sounds in my head. We will never be cured, this will be a part of us until we are on the other side of the dirt. That is the only way we beat the nic bitch.

Newbies that come here, all I have to say is read everything you can and when you have finished reading everything, start over. That is where I am at now, all these years quit and I am looking stuff up again and reading shit over. A lot of it I can finish the sentence without looking at the screen because I have read it some much, but it helps drive it home. I love reading the reasons why people have caved and try to learn from that. You never know which story will talk to you and fit where you are in your life at that moment.

(Side bar @chewie I think we need a place for all the caved stories to be put for ease of research. As explanations are posted in the groups the @Moderator and @Administrator can cull together the info and place in a under maybe "Words Of Wisdom" as that is what they are so maybe we can learn from their mistakes)

So many have almost not come back after caving for fear of reprisal or possibly fucking up someone's quit because they had 10 - 16 years quit. @Aquaman43 you were huge in the beginning of my quit along with all the other originals who started QSX. When you came back and posted a day one it was a serious gut punch to me, I was mad as hell. How the fuck could this happen to one of the original bad ass quitters. Then I read your story and got over my bullshit and realized that we are all addicts and not immune to nic bitch. Yours was a great learning experience for all and I am glad that came back to where you belong and need to be. I now know that I am not safe or immune at all to the nic bitch. It is a constant battle against her. I win small wars, hitting HOF and each floor that I stack up, but the battle will go on forever. to all the vets keeps teaching even if you are just hitting HOF, you have a lesson to teach all of us. No matter how far we are in our quit, there are things still out there to learn.

Be safe, Stay quit and hey nic biotch 'Finger' kiss my 'arse' 

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2013, 06:04:00 PM »
a little late on the 'clap' for the 21st Floor but thank you for plowing the row nonetheless
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44

Assurance

Offline bubblehed668

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit King
  • "The" Conductor
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 10:05:00 AM »
Well I haven't posted in here since my two week point, and I thought what better day post again than 365.

Well I am 52 weeks (365 days or 8,760 hrs or 525,600 min or 31,536,000 sec) into my quit. This site and all the quitters, old and new, caved and not caved, have helped my quit immensely. It is amazing looking back over this year of quit at all that has happened. Made some life long quit brothers and friends, and met some damn fine quitters in person. Which by the way helps put a face on all these post. And that my friend puts a whole new meaning to your quit, cause now you not only have a name to give your word to everyday but now that name has a face. That is strong, way strong. All the vets said stay active in the site to help your quit. I thought horse shit I don’t have to have that. W R O N G!!!!! Yes I do. I found out the hard way that I need this site. We drove to Oklahoma several months ago and I got up too late to post that morning. At first I thought “so what, I have not missed a day since I began other than a campout.(which I texted to Timmay everyday)” Well at around 1:00PM I was freaking out that I had not posted, I had not taken the can off the table that day I had not given my word. I was literally panicked. I did 90 mph the rest of the way to OK just so I could get to a computer to post so I could give my word that I would not dip that day. That was my first long road trip without a fatty in my pie hole. My friends it has been said many a time here WE ARE ADDICTS. Always have been, always will be. To get away from this site for most as I see it means a cave. It has been proven time and time again. By accident I found a way to stay connected to the site, the HOF Party Train. It started as a way to welcome guys to HOF, give them some recognition and help push others to make that goal. I started using all the party, drinking and dancing emoticons. Thanks to Chewie he made the actual train that I now drive. Which by the way (Tfurrh) I will continue to drive until I die or someone takes over (the later is less likely to happen). But I know everyday that I have new HOF’ers to pick and I can’t let them down. So in order to drive into that month to pick them up I must post first before I post anything else. So my days quit preface any message I have that day and the order for that new HOF’er to board the train. Also in my thinking before I can post in any other group I must post first and foremost post in my own group, the kick ass QWA’s (Quitters With Attitude) Which is the best bunch to have in a group from our very first visamoht to our very last bucky24 and myself. I know I have rambled on now for a bit, and I guess what I’m trying to say is QUIT and STAY QUIT. Find a way to pay it forward to all the new guys. It helps them and it will help you, I guarantee it. I have tried to think of excuses to leave this site, but every scenario leads to a cave. So in closing yes I have hit another great quit milestone and I am excited, but I still look forward to my “half way point” which is when I have been quit half the time that I dipped. For those that don’t know that will be 6387.5 days or17-1/2 years, at which time I will be 62 yrs old. (and Tfurrh I will STILL be driving the fucking train you’re your faggot ass on it.)

STAY QUIT FUCKERS

Offline Cook

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 09:53:00 AM »
welcome bubblehead, you will find a lot of support and resources here to help you stay quit. be true to your word everyday you post roll and stay quit....take it one day at a time and it will add up to a lifetime.

Offline satarch1

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2008-03-10
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 10:43:00 PM »
Bubblehed-it is very good to have you be a part of the June quitters. We will beat this shit together...one day at a time.
None!

Offline P35

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 10:31:00 PM »
Bubble - great to see you around. Stay strong n tough. You know you made the right choice and you had the nads to git r done. Keep up the quit.

Offline mahum

• Epic Quitter
    • www.RedsSuck.com
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 09:44:00 AM »
You have made a great decision and this is a great site to help you through the issues that you will run into during your quit. Post often, read more and you will do fine. You have already made it to your quit group. Welcome!
Friends don't let friends chew tobacco.

"So pick up a bad habit today . . . try not to pick one that will kill you or send you straight to Hell . . . opt for the one that causes people to roll their eyes but not call for an intervention." -Tractor

Offline bubblehed668

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit King
  • "The" Conductor
bubblehed668
« on: April 05, 2008, 02:04:00 AM »
Well I am two weeks (14 days or 336 hrs or 20,160 min or 1,209,600sec) into my quit. I found this site on day 3 purely by accident and feel like I have never left. I have needed to quit for a long, long time, but the nic bitch kept making up good sounding excuses not to. So for many years I went right along dipping. I have gotten to the point where I did not like the taste, did not like the hassle of having to look for a place to spit it out when indoors. The cost was a real big issue also. Plain and simple it was time to quit, I have dipped for 35 yrs. Enough is enough. My first weekend was alone curled up in my recliner doing the DT shuffle. On Monday morning I find this great site and all the great people in here who are ready to help you walk the walk to nic freedom. I spend a lot of time in the live chat room and feel like I have known most in there all my life. You could not ask for a better bunch of quitters. Let's beat this nic bitch into submission.