Author Topic: Day 1  (Read 1087 times)

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Day 1
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2013, 09:10:00 PM »
You're only an idiot if you leave this site.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Wade

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2013, 06:59:00 PM »
Hello All-
So I am here because I truly want to quit -  but I realize I always seem to talk myself into "just one more" dip if I try to do it on my own.  I gave myself the username #1idiot as that is what I feel like after having dipped for 4 years, quit for almost three, then restarted again knowing how stupid it is.  I started again this past January - where a cigar with my buddies turned into a dip "to see if I can get that buzz again" to "one more can't hurt" to the point where I am now sneaking outside to sneak a dip behind my wife's back.  When I quit the last time I found a motivation that helped prevent me from finding reasons to cave - but for reasons I don't want to get into I can't use that motivation again.  I am hoping the daily promise here will be my new motivation that will help prevent my mind from coming up with the myriad of excuses it always seems to find to dip just once more.  I don't know how many cans I have bought, taken a dip, then thrown out only to later find myself  rooting through the trash to find it.  I've had enough -Today I quit. 
-#1Idiot
Like KK said, you aren't the first idiot, and you sure won't be the last. I quit once for 10 years!!! Then started right up again when that nic bitch jumped out of nowhere. But I'm quit with you all day today...looking forward to tomorrow.

Offline serenityfirefly

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2013, 06:58:00 PM »
Congrats brother!

Offline Wade

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2013, 06:57:00 PM »
I just posted this to Paco's intro too...

Welcome to the first day of the rest of your life...the good part. The part without that goddamn monkey on your back. Everybody else has said it right brother. You CAN do this if you want to. It's about willpower. It's about the WANT! You have to really truly WANT to quit...forever...to do this. So reach down, grab your nuts, and get ready for a gut check. It will suck, but we've all been there. We've sucked and you can too. It's much better on the other side...trust me, I just made the journey myself and it's getting better every day.

That being said, drink water, take it really easy on the coffee, chew gum, seeds, fake snuff, whatever you need to do to keep nicotine out of your mouth. Workout. If you don't already workout...then start. It will occupy you for an hour or so, help to flush your system, and help you to sleep easier at night.

Post...post roll every day...first thing when you wake up. Get some of the phone numbers of other guys in your group and text them every day. This will make you accountable to them and them to you and help to keep you all clean.

Glad to see you here brother. PM me and I'll send you my number to text.

Offline cr4

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golfing, running, playing and watching sports, music, outdoor activities.
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 05:29:00 PM »
Yep, we all are idiots. You will see that your story is not much different than mine or anyone else's here, so you were actually #18,272 Idiot. Congratulations on your decision to leave that all behind. PM if you need anything.
Former Ninja
Quit Date = 3/1/13

"You are not giving up anything pleasurable. You are freeing yourself from one of the most disgusting addictions known to mankind. Dip fills no voids in your life. It creates them." --Diesel2112

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 02:40:00 PM »
Quote from: #1idiot
Hello All-
I've had enough -Today I quit.  
-#1Idiot
I saw a lot of fluff, a lot of it was needed for a proper intro but if the intro after my edit stands true I'll quit with you today and any damn day. My number is headed your way, don't be afraid to use it.

-I like you editing job, thanks for the encouragement
You'll find a lot of idiots around here. You just became a lot smarter when you got rid of that can though. I'ts time to get a degree in nicotine college. Your going to wish you were in nuclear physics for a couple weeks. It's all worth it though. It gets easier, Post up and enjoy the ride.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline #1idiot

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 01:07:00 PM »
Hello All-
-#1Idiot
I saw a lot of fluff, a lot of it was needed for a proper intro but if the intro after my edit stands true I'll quit with you today and any damn day. My number is headed your way, don't be afraid to use it.

-I like you editing job, thanks for the encouragement

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 01:05:00 PM »
Wow...you are an idiot. But so am I. And, what's worse, I was a world-champion liar, too. I lied to my wife about how much I dipped. I lied to myself about being a "light dipper" (whatever the fuck that is?). I actually thought my wife didn't know I was hiding dipping from her.

So, please...give a little credit where credit is due...I was an unsuccessful liar and idiot. No offense, but I think that makes me a bigger idiot than you, #1.

But, what's done is done. We can't change the past. So, don't worry about it. The future isn't here yet, so don't worry about that either. All we can do, is make sure we don't use nicotine today. I'm I'm sure as shit I won't. So I post roll, give my word, and live nic free. And spend the rest of my day finding new and different ways to be an idiot that doesn't involve the Nic Bitch.

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Offline mich 34

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Interests: reading, hunting, fishing, above all - spending time with the wife and kids (when they are being good!!)
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 01:01:00 PM »
Hello All-
-#1Idiot
my intro
QD 07-19-2012
Group - Roctober Madmen Post with some Madmen (and women)
HOF 10-27-12 HOF Speech
2nd Floor 2-4-13, 3rd Floor 5-15-13
1 year of freedom - 7-19-2013. Thank you KTC
4th Floor 8-23-13, 5th Floor 12-1-13, 6th Floor 3-11-14, 7th Floor 6-19-14, 8th Floor 9-27-14, 9th Floor 1-5-15

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 10:39:00 AM »
You are an idiot, but you're not the #1 idiot. I was a slave for almost 20 years. I'm pretty sure that makes me a bigger idiot, and there are others ranked far above me. But, as of right now, none of that matters because we are quit.

You see firsthand where the problem lies with this addiction. There is no such thing as "just one" for us. So, for that reason...... we can never have another dip/chew/smoke/patch/gum/etc. Period.

I'll offer a couple of corrections to your mindset:

1. You don't WANT to quit. You have to quit. Your life depends on it.
2. Stop HOPING the daily promise will work. It will work, as long as you're a man of your word.

Never again..... for any reason.

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love to workout, RUN, and Weights. Hunter and a Fisherman. Golf is my passion.Wife and kids keep me busy.
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 10:19:00 AM »
Hello All-
So I am here because I truly want to quit - but I realize I always seem to talk myself into "just one more" dip if I try to do it on my own. I gave myself the username #1idiot as that is what I feel like after having dipped for 4 years, quit for almost three, then restarted again knowing how stupid it is. I started again this past January - where a cigar with my buddies turned into a dip "to see if I can get that buzz again" to "one more can't hurt" to the point where I am now sneaking outside to sneak a dip behind my wife's back. When I quit the last time I found a motivation that helped prevent me from finding reasons to cave - but for reasons I don't want to get into I can't use that motivation again. I am hoping the daily promise here will be my new motivation that will help prevent my mind from coming up with the myriad of excuses it always seems to find to dip just once more. I don't know how many cans I have bought, taken a dip, then thrown out only to later find myself rooting through the trash to find it. I've had enough -Today I quit.
-#1Idiot
#1, welcome to the site, at this point I am not going to put Idiot, behind the rest of you name, as you found KTC, so at least you have to have some smarts in the brain of yours!

Serious though, go through the welcome center, read up and post roll. Wash rinse and repeat. Thats how we do it. Anyone can quit for a day, all we ask is that you quit for one day at a time. Make sure you get some accountability partners.

That is what makes us work so well here, our fear of letting others down out weighs the addiction. At least for me it does. Lastly, I have noticed over the last 27 days, the ones who are the most active in this group, have the best quits. When you get involved, it makes you want to be true to your other quit brothers and sisters. Dont just dip your toe in the water, jump in! Welcome, and I quit with you today!

Offline #1idiot

• Quitter
Day 1
« on: March 26, 2013, 10:07:00 AM »
Hello All-
So I am here because I truly want to quit - but I realize I always seem to talk myself into "just one more" dip if I try to do it on my own. I gave myself the username #1idiot as that is what I feel like after having dipped for 4 years, quit for almost three, then restarted again knowing how stupid it is. I started again this past January - where a cigar with my buddies turned into a dip "to see if I can get that buzz again" to "one more can't hurt" to the point where I am now sneaking outside to sneak a dip behind my wife's back. When I quit the last time I found a motivation that helped prevent me from finding reasons to cave - but for reasons I don't want to get into I can't use that motivation again. I am hoping the daily promise here will be my new motivation that will help prevent my mind from coming up with the myriad of excuses it always seems to find to dip just once more. I don't know how many cans I have bought, taken a dip, then thrown out only to later find myself rooting through the trash to find it. I've had enough -Today I quit.
-#1Idiot