Author Topic: I quit!  (Read 1641 times)

Offline Sportsfan231

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I quit!
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2016, 11:40:00 AM »
congrats on 12th floor Greg proud to quit with you

Offline Sportsfan231

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2015, 02:44:00 PM »
congrats Greg on your comma 1000 days of freedom, glad you stuck around this time and became a friend.

Offline per034

• Quitter
  • Interests: My family - 2 amazingly brilliant and beautiful children and an equally amazing and beautiful wife. Sports - Mets and Giants for teams, golf for weekends... Bagpipes. Been playing bagpipes longer than I've been dipping. And that's a long friggin' time.
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2012, 10:54:00 PM »
Quote from: SirDerek
Quote from: 1bignordic
To my October Group, and anyone else this may have effected,

I failed to quit last June when I gave my word.  I stopped giving my word because I was going to cave.  It didn't make anything right, because I'm back at the same point 3 months later! I caved because I wasn't taking my health seriously enough, and when a couple of guys started giving me shit on this site, I said "fuck 'em" instead of fighting through the craves.  They were just trying to help me by toughening me up.

The difference this time, when it comes down to brass tacks?  I don't ever want to go through the pain of panic attacks, like I have in the last year.  If I don't have those panic attacks, and my depression gets better (which it already is showing signs of improvement) - there's no form of nicotine in the world that can compare to feeling good, its the best!  I'm on my 4th day quit, and not even a twinge of anxiety, and my BP is down too!  Enough is enough, I'm quit.

1bignordic 'Finger' (I just like this smiley, it makes me happy!)
I hope you are serious this time, cause the nic bitch will eat you up if you are not.

I did have to look back at the spreadsheet as I have to say I did not remember you. I do see your name there but if I analyze it, what I see is not a serious attempt.

I hope in the Jan13 that you will be serious and kick this crap. as on the whole it will help you and the group for the quit. And if you are not serious, well, I hear Apr or May13 will be looking for a member.
This guy never quit. He was just checking things out. I have limited confidence that he'll ring in the new year with us.
The love you get here is conditional. The condition is that you are quit.

"Every time you bump someone and dont fix it, a kitten dies" - Jost2Brown

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2012, 09:24:00 PM »
Quote from: 1bignordic

I failed to quit last June when I gave my word. I stopped giving my word because I was going to cave. It didn't make anything right, because I'm back at the same point 3 months later! I caved because I wasn't taking my health seriously enough, and when a couple of guys started giving me shit on this site, I said "fuck 'em" instead of fighting through the craves. They were just trying to help me by toughening me up.

The difference this time, when it comes down to brass tacks? I don't ever want to go through the pain of panic attacks, like I have in the last year. If I don't have those panic attacks, and my depression gets better (which it already is showing signs of improvement) - there's no form of nicotine in the world that can compare to feeling good, its the best! I'm on my 4th day quit, and not even a twinge of anxiety, and my BP is down too! Enough is enough, I'm quit.

I hope you are serious this time, cause the nic bitch will eat you up if you are not.

I did have to look back at the spreadsheet as I have to say I did not remember you. I do see your name there but if I analyze it, what I see is not a serious attempt.

I hope in the Jan13 that you will be serious and kick this crap. as on the whole it will help you and the group for the quit. And if you are not serious, well, I hear Apr or May13 will be looking for a member.

Offline 1bignordic

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2012, 08:40:00 PM »

I failed to quit last June when I gave my word. I stopped giving my word because I was going to cave. It didn't make anything right, because I'm back at the same point 3 months later! I caved because I wasn't taking my health seriously enough, and when a couple of guys started giving me shit on this site, I said "fuck 'em" instead of fighting through the craves. They were just trying to help me by toughening me up.

The difference this time, when it comes down to brass tacks? I don't ever want to go through the pain of panic attacks, like I have in the last year. If I don't have those panic attacks, and my depression gets better (which it already is showing signs of improvement) - there's no form of nicotine in the world that can compare to feeling good, its the best! I'm on my 4th day quit, and not even a twinge of anxiety, and my BP is down too! Enough is enough, I'm quit.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2012, 09:27:00 PM »
Ok now lets get down to brass tacks!! You've never quit before, you took a short break or pause! You can be successful if you follow the plan here at KTC. There is no hoping or luck just quit, DO IT!

Post Roll: learn to post roll tonight and get your name in January 2013 quit group
Quote from: QUOTE
1bigordic Day 1. I promise not to touch any nicotine or tobacco products for today.
You only made a promise one day before but you still need to Think about why when you first came here you failed. Answer these 3 questions:
1. What happened?
2. Why did it happen?
3. What are you going to do different this time?

Everyone who caves and returns owes the rest of us a explaination. You especially owe your previous October group the answer to these questions. Answering these questions help you also. This at times feels rather harsh but we take our quit very serious and especially our daily promise. When you put your name on that roll call it is a solemn promise, your word to not put nicotine in any form into your body! It is important to do it early and remain faithful for the day.

Think about this: if you hadn't caved you would be 100 days in 3 days!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline 1bignordic

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2012, 08:35:00 PM »
Hey, Just read Wt57's HOF artical, make sure anyone out there that has ever suffered from panic/anxiety/depression issues, READ IT! Thanks Wt57, it couldn't have come to me at a better time...

1bignordic

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2012, 08:14:00 PM »
Quote from: Spacebaby
Hahaha!
Yeah, I've never read anywhere that dip or nicotine of any kind causes anxiety....
So I never thought it was the problem.

'Remshot'  'zombie'  'fireman'

'Finger'
You will find that many of us have anxiety and depression see my link below "the missing warning label"
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Spacebaby

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2012, 07:37:00 PM »
Hahaha!
Yeah, I've never read anywhere that dip or nicotine of any kind causes anxiety....
So I never thought it was the problem.

'Remshot' 'zombie' 'fireman'

'Finger'
I like you

Offline 1bignordic

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2012, 07:17:00 PM »
oops, almost forgot... 'Finger'

Offline 1bignordic

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2012, 07:15:00 PM »
Hey spacebaby thats GREAT on your 14 days free of nic...I always thought I was losing my mind with the panic attacks, etc...but here it was the dipping, which I kinda guessed it was all along, but kept telling myself it was other stress in life. I wish you the best each and every day, I'm here if you need to chat. text or email me anytime...

1bignordic
success one day at a time.

Offline Spacebaby

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2012, 06:39:00 PM »
I am just like you bro.
I've been having panic attacs and anxiety for the past 2 years, I could never figure out what the hell was going on because I've never had them before. I've tried all kinds of things to get rid of the anxiety.....no gluten, raw food diet, juicing veg, exercising and so on. The day after I put down the dip, my heart rate went way down and I felt calm (even though I was dizzy and foggy)
Now I have 14 days and I feel much better, and no anxiety since I quit.

So, because of these reasons I have a strong determination this time, because the benifits out way the cravings easily.

'Finger'
I like you

Offline 1bignordic

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2012, 05:59:00 PM »
Hi to all. I quit last June? made it a day or two and folded. This has happened many times in my life. I'm hoping this time it will stick! I've been having nasty panic attacks and my blood pressure has gone way up. When I quit my panic attacks go away, my blood pressure settles down...This last round was bad, and I'm hoping bad enough to keep me off the shit. I never want to go through that again. Because of that pain, I'm hoping that I can come back and be of support to others while I continue one day at a time to stay away from the chew. I'm very motivated, very very motivated! So now I'm on day two, and feeling great. I'm withdrawing from the nic, but I'm full of energy, full of life, and thats great! When I have that feeling of craving, I get my mind on something worth doing in life. Dipping isn't worth anything. Its poison. I was bad to not stick by you guys before, but if you'll forgive me, I won't make the same mistake twice...

1bignordic 'Finger'

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2012, 10:16:00 AM »
Wrong spot*

Offline CleanFuel

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2012, 09:55:00 PM »
Quote from: pantera79
Damn 1st day almost over. This shit is starting to get harder by the minute. I can do this. My desire to quit will outweigh the voice.
dude - embrace the SUCK.....face the pain....this is the quickening.....your first 3 days are why you never go back - will email you my #.....stay tight..........
Quit 04.02.2012 --- HOF 07.11.2012 --- 5 Years 04.02.2017

Now I am the Voice. I will LEAD, not follow. I will BELIEVE, not doubt. I will CREATE, not destroy. I am a Force for God. I am a Leader.

Defy the odds. Set a new standard. STEP UP!

My HOF Speech

My Intro