Author Topic: 24yr old army vet... and quitting is kicking my but  (Read 642 times)

Offline jcanquit

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 24yr old army vet... and quitting is kicking my but
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2014, 01:04:00 PM »
Congratulations zadams on quitting. As you can see you will have all the support you need from the quitters on this site as well as all the resources available to you here. You took step one and that is to quit and now you have to do it every day, one day at a time. Post roll every day, reach out to others in your quit group, join the chat when things are tough or just to talk with some other quitters. You're on day 3 and those are some of the toughest days but you are almost through that first 72 hours which are always difficult. Do some things to take your mind off of it, exercise, drink lots of water, gum or seeds help as well as some of the fake stuff. Do whatever it takes but just do it!

Offline BRO24

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: being with my 3 kids and fantastic girlfriend, playing hockey during the winter, watersking and softball during the summer. Also like to restore classic cars and trucks.
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 01:02:00 PM »
hey man, I see that you were online this morning. get involved brother, it gets easier and I quit with you today!

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 12:43:00 PM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
I will not wish you "luck" on this "horrible journey".

If you put your name on roll call, then I will QUIT with you on this LIFE SAVING JOURNEY.

You are a soldier that gives great service to all Americans. Now it is time for you to give yourself the gift of being quit. It is hard, but to be free of the can is remarkable.
Fuckin" A Right Thumble! This is not a terrible journey. It is hard, but the things you learn about yourself and the bonds you forge are unbelievable.
Get your name on roll zadams! We are all lined up next to you.

Thanks for your service Z!

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 10:25:00 AM »
I will not wish you "luck" on this "horrible journey".

If you put your name on roll call, then I will QUIT with you on this LIFE SAVING JOURNEY.

You are a soldier that gives great service to all Americans. Now it is time for you to give yourself the gift of being quit. It is hard, but to be free of the can is remarkable.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline canless2014

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-30
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 12:13:00 AM »
Z, looking forward to seeing your name on March 2015's roll tomorrow.

You've heard all the most important stuff from Soxfnnlansing, who's a bad ass quitter. I'll emphasize: this is hard work. Coming here was a good choice, but the only way to stay quit is by making the decision and the promise each day to not put that SHIT in your mouth. Rage, whine, complain, fight, insult, do whatever you gotta do. There's nothing more important than this.

Really. Think about that for a minute. This is your life we're talking about. You're 24, I'm 21, we're both young. But this shit will literally kill us if we let it. So save your own life man.
"Post roll. Post more if you want to. That's the beauty of the place: We ask you post roll. We ask you to be honest. That's all. No more. No less. Be there for your brothers and ask for help when you need it." - Wastepanel 10/6/14

"What would you do to save your own life? If you were fighting cancer today would you suffer through Chemo, surgeries, try new a therapy? change your diet, go to church? What intolerable hell would you endure to simply live. When you have thought long and hard about that, think on this. Why not apply that attitude to your quit. Suffer through the temporary discomfort of withdrawal to achieve your freedom from a slow painful demise via nicotine. Your in the ring already- fight like you mean it." - Skoal Monster 10/8/14

Quit Date: 6/30/2014 at 4:30 PM

HOF Date: 10/07/2014

Offline soxfnnlansing

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-02
  • Interests: I am a follower of Jesus Christ. A husband and a father of a 14 year old son. A huge White Sox (hence the screen name) and Blackhawk fan. I golf, play chess, and work in construction. Living the rest of my life, one day at a time, without nicotine.
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 11:43:00 PM »
Quote from: zadams333
Hey guys, a little about my self. I'm 24, dip of choice is cope wintergreen, 2nd is grizzly wintergreen. I have 2 kids, was in the army for 6 years. Did a year in Afghanistan in kicking the can is one of the hardest things yet. I've been dipping for about 8 years and thought it be best to quit sooner than later. Now I know I haven't been doing it as long as some of the older guys in here but it's still pretty hard. I really commend the guys that quit after decades of dippin. I'm on day 3 and I've been in a terrible mood and want nothing more than a dip. Well thanks for reading guys. Wish me luck on my terrible journey.
Hi Z, glad to see you signed up here. I was 16S in the Army a long time ago. You made it 3 days; that is quite an accomplishment. Just drink lots of water and find things to chew on or suck on. I have been quit 100 days and I still eat seeds/jolly ranchers. Read everything you can on the site. The Words of Wisdom  HOF speeches gave me a lot of motivation in the beginning.

We post on a daily roll call in groups to promise each other we will not use any type of nicotine for the day. You will be in March 2015 group (since you will be clean 100 days in March). When you go in there post your name in quitter section and the day you are quit. I wish I had quit at your age. You have your whole life ahead of you to be nicotine free. There is no trying or luck here. It's cold turkey and it's dedication and hard work. You got yourself into this mess and we can help each other get out of it. We will always be addicts and there is no cure, but I can promise I will not use nicotine today. I will worry about tomorrow when it gets here.

Again welcome to KTC. March 2015 group

Mike
HOF Speech

Here in THIS house, we Kill the Can. If it's not a top priority, go to one of the bitch sites where they "hurt the can" or "call the can names." - Pre

This is so much more that just throwing your name on a list, it is placing your word or promise that you will not use nicotine and it should be done everyday. - MCarmo44

I need this place, because i am an addict. I cannot forget that...if i do i will forget how to quit. - Schaef418

Offline zadams333

• Quit Date: 2014-12-18
24yr old army vet... and quitting is kicking my but
« on: December 21, 2014, 11:25:00 PM »
Hey guys, a little about my self. I'm 24, dip of choice is cope wintergreen, 2nd is grizzly wintergreen. I have 2 kids, was in the army for 6 years. Did a year in Afghanistan in kicking the can is one of the hardest things yet. I've been dipping for about 8 years and thought it be best to quit sooner than later. Now I know I haven't been doing it as long as some of the older guys in here but it's still pretty hard. I really commend the guys that quit after decades of dippin. I'm on day 3 and I've been in a terrible mood and want nothing more than a dip. Well thanks for reading guys. Wish me luck on my terrible journey.