Author Topic: I'm New  (Read 705 times)

Offline Bean

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I'm New
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 02:00:00 PM »
Michael - you already know how to quit...don't put that shit in your lip.

But here is how to stay quit. You post roll and give your word that no matter what the fuck happens today, you will not put any of that shit in your mouth. You give your word. You commit to keeping your word come hell or high-water.

Then, do the same thing again tomorrow. You see, quitting is done one day at a time. Don't think about tomorrow, next week, next year. We'll deal with those when they get here. You just give your word that you won't dip today. And keep your word.

Read everything you can on this site. You won't be sleeping, so use that time to read everything on this site. Come up with a plan for how YOU are going to handle craves. Everyone is different...mine was mints, gum, exercise, water, posting on this site and any other thing I had to do in order to stay quit.

The Nic Bitch is clever. She'll have you twisted in knots soon. That's why you should come up with your plan now.

You've taken the first step. We're here to help you with the rest. Stay strong, brother.

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
  • you kids get off my yard
  • Quit Date: 11/13/08
  • Likes Given: 631
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 07:32:00 AM »
Quote from: 003
Hello everyone,
My name is Michael Coccia. I am from Tennessee. I have tried quitting numerous times, yet I have not been able to complete my goal. Although some of you may look at my age, which is just recently 21, and think I am too young to have quit numerous times, and some of you may understand. Despite my age, I have been dipping since I was in 8th grade or so. which is around 9 years now. I have struggled numerous times like I have said, and I figured some support from people who have the same story, or who has been into this longer than I have would be very much appreciated. Also Some Ideas that would help me as well would be great. Background on me. I am a former College baseball player, I love sports and every activity a normal guy likes. So please if you have the time. your suggestions and everything would be very appreciated.
man wear i grew up there was this famly restrant called coccia house and let me tell you some thing they make the bestest pizza in the freakin free world. only it aint in tennasee.

any ways you lissen up to my buddy soul. you reed that stuff he gave you and you post up roll. do not bring disrespect to the coccia name. that wood piss me off.

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 07:04:00 AM »
Okay bud. This is the place. I don't care if you have been chewing for 10 days or 40 years. An addict is an addict. Get up there in the upper left and read the 'Welcome Center'. You'll get an idea as to how we roll here. And specifically how we do Roll Call.

Check out here: How to Post Roll

Where to post roll: May 2012

We do it everyday. Early. First thing. Send a message to yourself by telling the nic bitch you don't do that anymore first thing.

Offline RatedRKO16

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 02:49:00 AM »
Quote from: 003
Hello everyone,
My name is Michael Coccia. I am from Tennessee. I have tried quitting numerous times, yet I have not been able to complete my goal. Although some of you may look at my age, which is just recently 21, and think I am too young to have quit numerous times, and some of you may understand. Despite my age, I have been dipping since I was in 8th grade or so. which is around 9 years now. I have struggled numerous times like I have said, and I figured some support from people who have the same story, or who has been into this longer than I have would be very much appreciated. Also Some Ideas that would help me as well would be great. Background on me. I am a former College baseball player, I love sports and every activity a normal guy likes. So please if you have the time. your suggestions and everything would be very appreciated.
Story is a lot like me man. Try the herbal snuffs to get the sensation. Cinnamon Jolly Ranchers  plenty of chewing gum!! First 3 days are the worst but it gets better and better. Exercise will be a great thing for you buddy.

Offline bigsky406

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 01:15:00 AM »
Hello Michael. Welcome. You made a wise choice.

The best thing you can do for yourself and ensure that you STAY quit is to get into the May 2012 group and post roll. If today is the first day you quit, than today is your Day 1. Post your day, promise not to dip or chew or otherwise ingest nicotine in any way, and then keep your word. Wake up, post roll first thing, stay quit. Repeat.

It's that simple.

It's not easy, but it's very simple. Here at KTC your word is your bond. You promise not to chew each and every day and you keep your promise like a real man.

PM me if you have any questions. But my advice to you is to start by posting roll, spending some time in the KTC live chat and doing whatever you have to do to keep nicotine out of your system.

If you want support, you've come to the right place. If you want to kill the nic bitch once and for all, you've come to the right place.

There are hundreds of guys on this site right now who will help you stay quit, but you have to do it for yourself.

I'll quit with you today.

Offline 003

• Interests: Baseball.
I'm New
« on: January 31, 2012, 01:05:00 AM »
Hello everyone,