Author Topic: It starts tomorrow!  (Read 1956 times)

Offline Bobby C

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: It starts tomorrow!
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2018, 10:00:34 PM »
Awesome bro!  Roll on!  Quit the beast for good!  I quit with you now and forever!! 

Offline thestinger

• Quitter
  • Quit today for yourself.
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2018, 12:11:35 AM »
I'm going to tell you, I am about to finish out day 2 here.  I am probably one of the weakest people you will ever meet (willpower wise that is).  Just like you, I would always say"I need to quit, I'll start cutting down tomorrow and go from there".  Well tomorrow never came.  I was going to slowly ween myself down this time, but then I found this place.  Apparently (I'm new here myself)  there is no room for wussies here.  I gave my wife my can and said" go open this up, dump it in the toilet, flush the toilet, wash the can out in the sink and then throw it away".  That was 2 days ago, and I'll tell you what, I still have the cravings (they will probably never go away) but I do not regret my actions.

If you haven't done so already, get some phone numbers, give your phone number out.  I had about 8 people from here text me today and gave me the strength to power through this.  I'm only finishing up day 2 and I already feel like the weight of the world has been lifted off of my back.  I feel like I'm more pleasant to be around (that may just be me, I don't know).

What put off til tomorrow, what you could be doing today.

I am proud to quit with you today.

Offline ScaredStraight

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2018, 07:05:19 PM »
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Neal and I am 30 years old. I've been using smokeless tobacco for 10 years. I have been reading everything I can on the KTC website and tomorrow will be my first official day without any tobacco.

I am doing this for myself, not for anyone. I am into fitness and own my own company that is fitness related, so tobacco does not fit into my lifestyle. Plus I want to feel healthier overall. I have noticed my gums have pushed back a decent bit.

Financially i want to save the cash and invest it into my future instead of wasting it. I quit about a year ago when I went to Thailand for three weeks, but that was because they did not have tobacco there. I should have just stuck with it and my fiancee was pushing me to, but it wasnt my choice and I was not ready to be honest... I did not want to.

Now I want to and wanted to thank everyone for sharing their stories. I know I am in for a long road, but I am looking forward to discussing everything with you all and getting through this.

Thanks everyone!

How’s it going, man?

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2018, 12:56:06 PM »
Sounds familiar. How many times did I say I’ll quit tomorrow? That was till I found KTC! Wow! It cost nothing, you have everything to gain and nothing lose but on the other hand you’re on a lonely road of destruction at least it was for me
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline ChristopherJ

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: Sept 17, 2014
  • Interests: Travel, music, sports, art,
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2018, 07:21:53 AM »
Every time I see an intro with the word "tomorrow" I get sick to my stomach.  Damn.
Don't be afraid.  You are not alone.

Offline Landdon

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Interests: June 18, 2014 is my first day of quit. I thank God, KTC, and my family for helping me.
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2018, 10:05:37 AM »
Roll
Quit
Repeat

Quit on friend!

Offline ScaredStraight

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2018, 08:56:41 AM »
Great day, man!  Well, it’s actually gonna suck, so embrace the suck!

Offline ChristopherJ

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: Sept 17, 2014
  • Interests: Travel, music, sports, art,
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2018, 07:07:33 AM »
Time to do it.  Yesterday's tomorrow is here!  I had a thousand tomorrows before I finally quit with KTC.  You can do this.
Don't be afraid.  You are not alone.

Offline ScaredStraight

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 08:45:27 PM »
Congratulations on the decision, man!  I’m on Day 5 of just doing it.  Everyone’s different, but scheduling didn’t work for me...always some reason to postpone.  Not being a Donnie Downer, but we’re gonna check on you tomorrow and make sure the Calendar Gypsy didn’t get you, too!

Online chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 08:36:03 PM »
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Neal and I am 30 years old. I've been using smokeless tobacco for 10 years. I have been reading everything I can on the KTC website and tomorrow will be my first official day without any tobacco.

I am doing this for myself, not for anyone. I am into fitness and own my own company that is fitness related, so tobacco does not fit into my lifestyle. Plus I want to feel healthier overall. I have noticed my gums have pushed back a decent bit.

Financially i want to save the cash and invest it into my future instead of wasting it. I quit about a year ago when I went to Thailand for three weeks, but that was because they did not have tobacco there. I should have just stuck with it and my fiancee was pushing me to, but it wasnt my choice and I was not ready to be honest... I did not want to.

Now I want to and wanted to thank everyone for sharing their stories. I know I am in for a long road, but I am looking forward to discussing everything with you all and getting through this.

Thanks everyone!

Hey Neal,

Glad to have you.  You have made a wise decision to quit, however, I would ask this, why wait until tomorrow?  Dump that can out and go post roll in the January 2019 Pre-HOF group TODAY.  Then start sharing your phone number in Private with other members and get their phone numbers (this is for brotherhood and accountability).  Get to know your quit brothers in January, they are going through the same shit as you at the same time.

All you have to do is follow these four steps:
1. Wake Up
2. Piss
3. Post your promise to not use nicotine for the next 24 hours
4. Repeat the next day

Now, get in to the January group and post up.  Here is the link - http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?topic=584  Go to the last page and look at the top of one of the rolls to find instructions.

Check your inbox above under "My Messages"  I am sending my digits.

Proud to quit with you today (hopefully)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 08:44:11 PM by chris2alaska »
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline nealkirby21

It starts tomorrow!
« on: October 16, 2018, 08:16:35 PM »
Hey everyone,

Thanks everyone!