Author Topic: Day 1  (Read 1776 times)

Offline Xander_24

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, UofL sports, Pittsburgh Steelers
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Day 1
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2011, 03:53:00 PM »
Much better than yesterday lol, my medication was in the mail when i got home from work. I wanted to snap on couple of my customers but i didnt. Things r looking up got me some jawbreakers this morning and Louisville jus won. Hell of a day!
?Every Saint Has A Past, Every Sinner Has A Future.? ? Oscar Wilde

Quit - 2/20/12

Offline Larry Drummer

• Quitter
  • Interests: quittin, living....
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2011, 11:26:00 PM »
Quote from: Xander_24
OK bare with me i gotta vent, So my damn antidepressant medication didnt come in that i ordered a week ago. So now not only am i dealing with the nic bitch, i'm dealing with this shit as well, i just ran out of the shit last night. God if i can get through today I can do anything! You guys probably think im 'Crazy'. Just needed to vent, i actually feel better now. Peace
How you making out Xander?

Offline Xander_24

• Quitter
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2011, 02:39:00 PM »
OK bare with me i gotta vent, So my damn antidepressant medication didnt come in that i ordered a week ago. So now not only am i dealing with the nic bitch, i'm dealing with this shit as well, i just ran out of the shit last night. God if i can get through today I can do anything! You guys probably think im 'Crazy'. Just needed to vent, i actually feel better now. Peace

Quit - 2/20/12

Offline bryank530

• Quitter
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2011, 03:01:00 PM »
Hang in there X, the first few days suck... what I did was break down the cravings.. What I mean is that each physical craving really only lasts a few minutes so if you can get through 3 minutes of your life without dipping you are good. Now repeat that a thousand times in the first few days but deal with them one minute at a time. And try to distract yourself, go outside make a Snow Woman and post it on YouTube.
Day 1: 1/24/2011 | HOF: 5/3/2011

Offline Xander_24

• Quitter
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2011, 02:21:00 PM »
Seeds work pretty well, havent tried the nightstand deal yet but imagine ill try it later lol I have a feeling today is gunna b a rough one, my ass is snowed in cant go anywhere but i still have some seeds and i cant get out to even get dip so thats good. I believe im about to get through the worst of it but know not to let my guard down. THX Again

Quit - 2/20/12

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2011, 01:26:00 PM »
Quote from: Skoal
Quote from: kbdavear
Quote from: jaygib
Quote from: Buckfever36
Quote from: brianl
Alright, ill give it a try, if anybody has any other ideas that helps with oral fixation chime in. Thats my main problem at the moment, but nothing will stop me from quitting this crap.
I found sunflower seeds to be the best. I'm on day 166 and still have some every day. Also sugar-free gum.
As mentioned sunflower seeds work great for some. I'd also suggest gum, mints, beef jerky, tea bags ( don't laugh they got me through some tough times) fake snuff is also a big help to some. I didn't use it because it was to close to the real thing and made me think about it to much.

If you've got any other questions shoot me a PM I'll help anyway I can, welcome to the best days of your life Dip Free Days!
I've gone with seeds, gum and the tea bags as well. Drown the tea bags in mint extract (like I did) and after the alcohol destroys the soft tissue you won't be that excited to shove any pack in the lip. Maybe not the best thing for my mouth but heck, I was shoving dip in there just a few weeks back and I guess it's better than that.
try slammin your tounge in the night stand, if that doesnt work you can borrow my sister
For your sake, I hope the nightstand works..... 'crackup' 'crackup'
yeah yeah, so shes bigger than a bread box and has a face like an ant eater chewing on a sack of lemons, I'm just sayin put anything in your mouth but dip
TIFFS !!

Now cleaning Coke out of my keyboard... fuckers.

'crackup' 'crackup'

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2011, 12:25:00 PM »
Quote from: kbdavear
Alright, ill give it a try, if anybody has any other ideas that helps with oral fixation chime in. Thats my main problem at the moment, but nothing will stop me from quitting this crap.
I found sunflower seeds to be the best. I'm on day 166 and still have some every day. Also sugar-free gum.
As mentioned sunflower seeds work great for some. I'd also suggest gum, mints, beef jerky, tea bags ( don't laugh they got me through some tough times) fake snuff is also a big help to some. I didn't use it because it was to close to the real thing and made me think about it to much.

If you've got any other questions shoot me a PM I'll help anyway I can, welcome to the best days of your life Dip Free Days!
I've gone with seeds, gum and the tea bags as well. Drown the tea bags in mint extract (like I did) and after the alcohol destroys the soft tissue you won't be that excited to shove any pack in the lip. Maybe not the best thing for my mouth but heck, I was shoving dip in there just a few weeks back and I guess it's better than that.
try slammin your tounge in the night stand, if that doesnt work you can borrow my sister
yeah yeah, so shes bigger than a bread box and has a face like an ant eater chewing on a sack of lemons, I'm just sayin put anything in your mouth but dip
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline kbdavear

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-04-03
  • Interests: I enjoy hunting, fishing, football, softball, my kids, friends and family.
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2011, 10:53:00 AM »

Stay Hard
Semper-Fi

Does not play well with others!!

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2011, 10:33:00 AM »

"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline jaygib

• Quitter
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2011, 09:31:00 AM »

Quit January 19, 2011

Everything is permissible for me but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible for me but I will not be mastered by anything. 1 Cor 6:12

Offline Buckfever36

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Rail Dune Buggys.
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2011, 06:06:00 AM »

Quit Date 12/31/2007 (8:00 PM)

Offline brianl

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: NOT DIPPING!!!!!Family, Friends, Concerts and supporting the Boston Teams!
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2011, 06:00:00 AM »

Offline Larry Drummer

• Quitter
  • Interests: quittin, living....
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2011, 12:06:00 AM »
X-man I agree with Longy 22 using the Fireballs..they work pretty good for me. The heat lets your mouth know what's up! Also, my wife got me a huge container of sugar-free hard candy, those got me through today no prob. I've looked for the fake at Wal-mart, but couldn't find it...I'm kinda glad. I really want to get away from the spitting in a bottle habit. I tried coffee grounds tonight out of curiosity and that was pathetic...

It's called 'suck' for a reason. It sucks. But it doesn't last forever. Stay quit!

Offline Xander_24

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2011, 08:51:00 PM »

Quit - 2/20/12

Offline Longy22

• Interests: Dip free since January 30, 2011
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2011, 07:21:00 PM »
Yea i dunno what i was doing lol it got all soggy after a second. Im probably just going to keep some hard candy around or something cuz if i go to get that i will b tempted to by the real deal. Thx Again.
The herbal stuff didnt do much for me, but I am keeping it around. I went out and bought 3 lbs of fire ball candy last week and have been popping them to get me through, it burns like hell but its working for me.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody. - Bill Cosby

Quit: 1.30.11