Author Topic: Hello everyone Day 1  (Read 4269 times)

Offline BrianG

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • “Brotherhood is born in adversity.”
  • Quit Date: 17 JAN 2017
  • Likes Given: 123
Re: Hello everyone Day 1
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2018, 12:11:30 PM »
Sure am glad to see you post your day 1 today Stinger.  Do whatever it takes to keep your promise.
Exchange those digits and use them!!  You have mine, sure would like yours.  That is how we can hold
each other accountable. 
He who has a why can bear almost any how.

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 2092
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2018, 11:18:37 AM »

Welcome Stinger! Check your messages. Glad to have you in the group.
Jan19

Offline Smithcj

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 100
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2018, 08:12:15 AM »
Welcome stinger! here's to your Day 1!

Offline Hutch18

• Quitter
  • Interests: Keeping up with my 3 boys. Coaching basketball at the YMCA and serving on the Sports Committee.Trying to keep God in everything and daily making him my Lord and Savior.
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2018, 07:31:29 PM »
Good Choice. Don't let the Nic Bitch convince you that you need her. She is tricky, she is wicked, she will ruin your life. Don't let that Bitch Win.

Make your choice to quit everyday. Tomorrow might be day 1, but everyday needs to be the choice to quit.

If you want me digits/phone number let me know via PM. I text about 8-9 guys daily and post roll, its the reason I am quit for 101 days after 34 years.
Addicts don't quit once for a lifetime, they quit daily for a lifetime.

Offline thestinger

• Quitter
  • Quit today for yourself.
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2018, 06:41:42 PM »
Thanks for the words of encouragement.  I'll make tomorrow my day 1 then. :)

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 04:29:01 PM »
Agreed - you need to be all-in on your quit.

I'd also recommend you post roll. This is a link to your Quit Group - http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?topic=584.0.

Your Quit Group is made up of other quitters that have all quit within a monht of you. You are all going through the same things at the same time. Get to know the guys in your group. They will be your major source of support.

Post roll daily, early in the day. Once you have posted roll, you have made your promise to remain free of nicotine for the rest of the day. That's a solemn promise that we take very seriously. Give your word. Keep your word. It's that simple.

As far as not biting people's heads off in your real life - that's what we're here for. We can take the abuse. We have all been where you are. Come in here when you rage. Do anything but stuff your lip.

Offline BrianG

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • “Brotherhood is born in adversity.”
  • Quit Date: 17 JAN 2017
  • Likes Given: 123
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 03:45:59 PM »
What do you mean slipped up?  You used tobacco today?  That is how it reads to me so I will say this.

You need to decide if you want to quit or not.  This stuff isnt easy and attitude is 99% of staying quit.  If you decide that you want to quit, then go all in.  Dont half ass it.  Get your self on roll and make the promise that you will not use tobacco today.  Then you do whatever it takes to keep your promise.  We will worry about tomorrow when it gets here.  As soon as you get out of bed, make that promise.  Quitting is hard, but the process is easy.  Your decision....
He who has a why can bear almost any how.

Offline thestinger

• Quitter
  • Quit today for yourself.
  • Likes Given: 9
Hello everyone Day 1
« on: October 18, 2018, 02:49:29 PM »
I started quitting today.  I have slipped up a couple of times to keep from ripping people's heads off, but all in all it's been a pretty good day.  Here's hoping that the rest of the day is good and tomorrow is even better.