Author Topic: Day 1 of Quit  (Read 1326 times)

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 2045
Re: Day 1 of Quit
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 09:16:14 AM »
Welcome to the group DeathQuit. Check your messages as I will send you my digits. Focus only on today and worry about tomorrow tomorrow.

Jan19

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
Re: Day 1 of Quit
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 09:10:57 AM »
Welcome aboard sir.  Your story sounds a lot like a lot of ours, except you are a lot smarter/younger than a lot of us.

For many of us, nicotine was the root of a lot of health problems.  Once you start focusing on yourself instead of getting a fix of something that doesn't even give you a slight buzz anymore, it is amazing how healthy and refreshed you feel.  Quitting will change your whole life.  Sounds lame, but it really will.  If you need a contact or any help at all, don't hesitate to reach out.  There is no better gift that you could give yourself or your family than what you are doing.

-worktowin

Offline DeathQuit

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/19/2018
  • Likes Given: 4
Day 1 of Quit
« on: October 19, 2018, 09:02:17 AM »
I decided that I had to quit for real this time. It was time to get serious about this. About 6 months ago I started having issues with my heart, had a bunch of tests ran and yesterday I went to see the cardiologist. She told me that my condition was curable but was most likely exacerbated by my use of nicotine and that i needed to stop it immediately. If I was an older guy I might've taken it more in stride but I'm 31. I don't want to start dealing with heart and health issues now. I started dipping/smoking 10 years ago. Sadly, this situation has finally given me the reason to quit that I needed. I just posted my Day 1 on Pre Hof, I'm ready to live free again without the crutch of Tobacco.