Author Topic: Bout Time - My Intro  (Read 1794 times)

Offline quitNWinay

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 7/18/2018, and every fuckin day ever since!
  • Likes Given: 498
Re: Bout Time
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2018, 02:52:13 PM »
Day 18 small wins.

Generally I do not buy lottery tickets but wanted in on the Powerball drawing. Meant a walk over to the 7-11 on the corner by my office that I have not stepped into since my quit. Walked in, bought my ticket, and amazingly did not feel the pull of the nic bitch. Felt good.

These small victories add up to a lot over a period of time, so stack 'em up! You are doing a great job with the quit! Keep quitting ODAAT EDD! Proud to quit with you today Sir!
I am a caver...

Can't quit quitting!

Proud member of October 2018 Quit Group

Best soothing music when anxiety hits you hard - https://youtu.be/WFrAB5nBbNY

Offline campbellmi13

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/08/2018
  • Likes Given: 148
Re: Bout Time - My Intro
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2018, 08:22:03 PM »
I know I will never be as eloquent as some of the amazing quitters that I have met or read about on this site. In fact if you are reading my words, stop now and read the entire "Day 3" thread that is pinned at the top of this channel. You will never read about a more amazing person than Trauma/Todd.

But if you need any more reason or reasons why this site helps, read on.

I was a little skeptical about this program at first when I came across it 15 or so days ago. I need to connect to random people and give them my phone number as part of this process??? How is that going to help me, I do not owe them and they do not owe me anything.

Here I am two weeks later and I am absolutely amazed at the effect this program has had on me. I was alone at a conference a couple of weeks ago. Nobody at work, at home, or on KTC would have had any idea if I caved and went back to the nic bitch. The thing that kept me most on track was a promise I made to random strangers (who I now consider my brothers) here on KTC. Nobody would have known if I had caved but my word is my bond with this group.

On a different track, The depth of my concern for my fellow quitters hit me really hard the past couple of days. I have gotten so used to a specific series of texts early in the morning from my brothers in quit. If they do not text first or respond in time when I text them I feel deep down that I may have left somebody down. Fortunately every this has happened everything has been all good and we are all still quit.

For any lurker that is out there reading and may be skeptical, have no fear. Create a logon, post your intro and join your quit group. I am only 21 days into this and will never look back.

Offline campbellmi13

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 07:00:23 AM »
Day 18 small wins.

Generally I do not buy lottery tickets but wanted in on the Powerball drawing. Meant a walk over to the 7-11 on the corner by my office that I have not stepped into since my quit. Walked in, bought my ticket, and amazingly did not feel the pull of the nic bitch. Felt good.

Offline Bobby C

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 09:02:36 PM »
I'm totally with you brother!  I quit with you!  Forever this time!  Bobby C - day 22.

Offline campbellmi13

• Quitter
Bout Time - My Intro
« on: October 22, 2018, 06:08:54 AM »
It's about time that I posted an introduction. I am a fairly private person and not a person of many words but I know this is something I owe back to the community considering how helpful reading these intros for other quitters has been for me.

I am 56 and have dipped Skoal Classic Fine cut for close to forty years. My longest quit lasted about 2 months and came crashing down on a cave when I started believing I was no longer addicted and could treat myself to a dip every now and then. My reason for wanting to quit mainly revolve around my disgust with my self being a ninja dipper. It is ridiculous that I am so ashamed of this habit that I cannot do it in public openly yet keep doing it. Worries about health are also important to me for this quit, I am really happy to see my resting heart rate improve now that I have gotten this stimulant out of my life.

I became a member of this site and the January 2019 Quit Group about 5 days into my quit. I was doing a lot of internet research on what withdrawal symptoms to expect throughout this process so that I would be mentally prepared. I came across KTC and was very impressed. This program adds another important aspect to my quit so I was happy to find it. I will post roll and text a few of my fellow members every day to help keep us all committed to the quit.

Making it through the first two weeks has been tough and I thank Copequits, MikeW2018, and Keith0617 for their support during this rough stretch. I know there will be many more to come. The biggest thing I have to watch out for is weight gain. I have already put on five pounds during this two week period and need to up my running mileage to compensate. I know I will be able to do this with the commitment that I have to this group and the support I will be given.

Michael
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 07:45:51 AM by campbellmi13 »