Author Topic: Hello all  (Read 1617 times)

Online Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 2045
Re: Hello all
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2018, 09:21:51 AM »
Follow your instinct and quit Keith. As previously stated, join the Feb group. The support you will receive is huge. Just remember ODAAT - one day at a time. Sometimes it is 1 minute at a time. I dipped for 37 years and am quit for 26 days. It can be done. Look at all the brothers/sisters that are quit on a daily basis. We are addicts so we will never be cured, but we can quit on a daily basis which is much easier to achieve. Find positives about quitting and stop looking for reasons to continue the killer habit. You can do it.
Jan19

Offline Aumegrad

• Quitter
    • INTRO
  • Quit Date: 7/23/18
  • Likes Given: 253
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 05:02:53 PM »
Hi Keith, I soooo get where you are!  You need to take this one step at a time.  One can work themselves into a tissy, allowing themselves to become overwhelmed.  It is for this reason, ODAAT (one day at a time) made sense to me. 

Starting my quit, I literally purchased everything I could put in my mouth (excluding anything from the street corner).  This included sunflower seeds, jerky, shredded jerky, every gum available, smokey mountain snuff, grinds pouches, ... etc.  Some were more effective than others.  2 weeks into my quit, I was able to shed the fake SM snuff.  I can now confidently get through with mostly gum and long commute sunflower seeds.  But I had to go through everything else to figure this out.  Between these and the protocol set forth on this site, it is the recipe for success.

Get involved and join the February group (Click here) .  You will be a part of a group going thru the same things you are, at the same time.  It will also be filled with support.  Post roll EVERY DAY.  It's your promise to not use for the day.  Keep that promise, then do it again tomorrow ... rise, repeat ...

I won't sugar coat this and tell you this is easy, it isn't!  However, I can promise you that freedom from nic is achievable.  It is up to you to make it happen.  You can do this as we were able to.  I will also send you a PM, check it out.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 05:06:56 PM by Aumegrad »
Who is Aumegrad ???? ...

What were his thoughts at 100 days ???? ... [url=http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?topic=722.0]HoF

Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win. (1 Corinthians 9:24)

Offline Keith89

• Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 04:31:25 PM »
Thanks syndrome for the advice. I have seen doctors at length and am on meds for anxiety and it’s getting better. And I have never thought about looking at is as just quitting for a day or even for 5 minutes at a time. I have tried gum and fake chew. Gum does t cut it and the only fake chew around here is disgusting. I will more than likely have to order some decent ones online. I would try the teabags, but tea has caffeine in it and caffeine doesn’t go well with anxiety at all. I really appreciate your response to my post brother.

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
  • you kids get off my yard
  • Quit Date: 11/13/08
  • Likes Given: 631
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 06:47:53 AM »
Hey all, I’m Keith. I’ve been chewing since I was 17 years old and now I’m 29. I am tired of having to rely on something negative like I do with my chew. I am filled with anxiety at the thought of not having it. But at the same time, I know I need to quit. I am tired of spending so much money on something that is hurting me..I have tried many, many times before but have only made it 24 hours chew free. This time I am serious and motivated. I just found out that my wife is pregnant with our 4th kid. I don’t want to have spit bottles in the house anymore. I’m also a worship leader in my church and i love it. But I don’t think I would be able to sing anymore with half of my jaw missing. I won’t lie, I am terrified about quitting. I have severe panic disorder from working in the emergency medical field and I know going without the nicotine will exacerbate my anxiety and that scares me. But I am willing to fight with that part of myself. I feel that a support network is going to be an invaluable tool for me quitting. I have a severely addictive personality but I’ve read posts from other people like me that have done it. But I feel a lot of apprehension as I get ready to take my last dip pou of my cheek. I don’t want to lose it on my wife or kids. Any advice on how to control my attitude as I start this journey?
man you mite want to see a doc bout the anxietys cuz you will go thru the gammit of emoshuns quittin. but dont think like your quittin for evers. thats just not some thing yoou can wrap your head round. we just quit for today. then wake up and disside if we are going to quit. then just for the day. make the promiss erly in the mornin. first thing. then just be a man of your word.

man some times in the erly days it may be just fitin thru it for 5 minits at a time. so man get in your feb 19 quit groop. read the stuff round here. hof speechs. intros. shoot out messiges to the guys you see the quit groop. share digits. they will save you. use digits. text. talk. no the other guy or gal is eether goin thru what you are or did at one time. my digits are free to any buddy postin roll for the price of a pm.

get some thing to help with the oral fixashun. gum (not nick gum!) fake chews (theres reviews some ware round here)  hard candys (man i reckamend the atomick fire balls!) tooth picks or tea bags. what ever you need to not put nick in your body.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 06:49:28 AM by syndrome »

Offline Keith89

• Likes Given: 0
Hello all
« on: October 29, 2018, 05:19:26 AM »
Hey all, I’m Keith. I’ve been chewing since I was 17 years old and now I’m 29. I am tired of having to rely on something negative like I do with my chew. I am filled with anxiety at the thought of not having it. But at the same time, I know I need to quit. I am tired of spending so much money on something that is hurting me..I have tried many, many times before but have only made it 24 hours chew free. This time I am serious and motivated. I just found out that my wife is pregnant with our 4th kid. I don’t want to have spit bottles in the house anymore. I’m also a worship leader in my church and i love it. But I don’t think I would be able to sing anymore with half of my jaw missing. I won’t lie, I am terrified about quitting. I have severe panic disorder from working in the emergency medical field and I know going without the nicotine will exacerbate my anxiety and that scares me. But I am willing to fight with that part of myself. I feel that a support network is going to be an invaluable tool for me quitting. I have a severely addictive personality but I’ve read posts from other people like me that have done it. But I feel a lot of apprehension as I get ready to take my last dip pou of my cheek. I don’t want to lose it on my wife or kids. Any advice on how to control my attitude as I start this journey?