Author Topic: Day one today  (Read 1831 times)

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
  • you kids get off my yard
  • Quit Date: 11/13/08
  • Likes Given: 631
Re: Day one today
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2018, 10:07:51 AM »
good job gettin on roll erly today smiller man.  so heres what i wood tell you:

dont think like your quittin for evers. thats just not some thing yoou can wrap your head round. we just quit for today. then wake up and disside if we are going to quit. then just for the day. make the promiss erly in the mornin. first thing. then just be a man of your word.

man some times in the erly days it may be just fitin thru it for 5 minits at a time. so man use your feb 19 quit groop. read the stuff round here. hof speechs. intros. shoot out messiges to the guys you see the quit groop. share digits. they will save you. use digits. text. talk. no the other guy or gal is eether goin thru what you are or did at one time. my digits are free to any buddy postin roll for the price of a pm.

get some thing to help with the oral fixashun. gum (not nick gum!) fake chews (theres reviews some ware round here)  hard candys (man i reckamend the atomick fire balls!) tooth picks or tea bags. what ever you need to not put nick in your body.

Online mike2017a

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 11-5-2017
  • Interests: Chicago sports, college football and basketball, quitting
  • Likes Given: 139
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2018, 04:05:52 PM »
Welcome Smiller!  Great job posting your day 1 in February. A lot of us have a similar addiction history to yours and we are beating it one day at a time.  This is a great 1st step in quitting that you will not regret. Read up around the site and use all the support you get. 

Offline Aumegrad

• Quitter
    • INTRO
  • Quit Date: 7/23/18
  • Likes Given: 253
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2018, 01:16:15 PM »
Congratulations on your decision!  You have made it a year quit, thus know what it takes ... and conversely know it doesn't take much to fall.  I see you have already made your daily promise in the Feb group, kudos.  Utilize this website to the fullest as its techniques are effective.  Read and become engaged with others.  I am on day 99 and I quit with you today. 
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 01:20:08 PM by Aumegrad »
Who is Aumegrad ???? ...

What were his thoughts at 100 days ???? ... [url=http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?topic=722.0]HoF

Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win. (1 Corinthians 9:24)

Offline Kickin-wing

• Quitter
  • Hi
  • Quit Date: 07/11/2018
  • Likes Given: 189
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 01:02:25 PM »
You'll find there are a lot of older folks around here, that will definitely be able to relate to your quit!  Congratulations and welcome. 
You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.  -wastepanel

Introduction

Offline Croakenhagen

• Quit Pro
  • Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?
  • Quit Date: 8-16-2020
  • Likes Given: 867
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 12:39:02 PM »
Welcome and go post day 1. Let us know of if you need help with roll. This is the best decision you've ever made. February is your month and we'll post support for you daily there. Make sure and read some intros and Hall of Fame speeches. There is lots of good info to help your quit. If you need anything feel free to reach out in a PM.
Humbled.

Offline rfweezy

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 7/8/18
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 12:25:48 PM »
Hell yes! Congrats on a great decision. You should hop over to the February 2019 group under Pre-HOF Quit Groups. You’ll be the first one in that group. All you have to do is post a promise that you won’t use today. Wake up and do it again tomorrow. Quit one day at a time. Head on over and you’ll see plenty of support.
HOF: 10/15/18

HOF Speech

Offline smiller1207

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/29/2018
  • Likes Given: 0
Day one today
« on: October 29, 2018, 12:02:07 PM »
I'm probably older than most of you on here. Been dipping for 34 years now. As a teacher, you would think I would know better and would have quit years ago. (I actually did quit for a full year about 10 years ago but then "celebrated" by having a dip...really not smart). Anyway, I'm tired of worrying everytime I get a sore or something in my mouth. I have a great marriage and two great (grown) sons that I would really like to enjoy for many more years. No more excuses. I'm done as of today but I really need some help. I'm hoping everyone here can provide some support. I hope so. I really need this. Thanks for "listening".