Author Topic: Did you see that SOB.....  (Read 1707 times)

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
Re: Did you see that SOB.....
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2018, 03:30:29 PM »
Desert Dweller, great work on those 66 days on your own.
Srains has laid it all out for you right above my post and apparently y'all have been texting.
It is that simple, my digits are headed your way as well
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline SRains918

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • January '18 F.U.R.Y. Council
  • Quit Date: 9/29/17 And Every Damn Day Since
  • Likes Given: 2887
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2018, 03:24:54 PM »
Quitting dip is the easiest and hardest thing you'll ever do. At 66 days in you've been through your share of the hard stuff, and going that long on your own is flat out badassery at its finest!!!

At it's simplest, this is what KTC is about:

1) Wake up
2) Piss
3) Post your promise to quit on roll
4) Keep your word
5) Repeat daily

If you can do that every single day, you'll be QUIT. Simple, no?

This far in you already know there's a little more to it than that. I sent my digits via PM and we've already been texting. I encourage you to reach out to a number of vets as well as EVERYONE in your quit group. If you do this right these internet strangers and going to turn into friends that you're closer to than you can imagine. Why? Accountability. Because we all get it. We've all either been through it or we're going through it. We'll chase you down if you're late and give you a place to vent.

We can't quit FOR you though. You're going to have to be willing to do the heavy lifting and the hard work. You've got a hell of a head start. I'll see you on roll first thing in the morning!
... "If you want to be quit you need the help of others. To stay quit you need to help others quit." - walterwhite .......... My HOF Speech .......... Day One 9/29/17 ... HOF 1/6/18 ... 2nd Floor 4/16/18 ... 3rd Floor 7/25/18 ... 1st Lap 9/28/18 ... 4th Floor 11/2/18 ... 1/2 Comma 2/10/19 ... 6th Floor 5/21/19 ... 7th Floor 8/29/19 ... 2nd Lap 9/29/19 ... 8th Floor 12/7/19 ... Now accepting applications for F.U.R.Y. Council 2.0 - text for details ...

Offline DesertDweller

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • No longer a dirt mouth.
  • Quit Date: 8/26/2018
  • Likes Given: 141
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 01:30:34 PM »
Thanks Aumegrad! And yes, I just posted roll call in the December quit group. I've been taking it a day at a time and while I can certainly see the benefits of quitting, there are still hard times.

Congrats on the 100!
I pledge to be quit today!

Offline Aumegrad

• Quitter
    • INTRO
  • Quit Date: 7/23/18
  • Likes Given: 253
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 01:17:50 PM »
Congratulations DesertDweller!  Sadly, your first line applies to ALL of us!

While you are well into your quit, you still have along road ahead of you.  I encourage you to post up with your Quit Group and get involved.  If i did my math right, your quit date is 8/25/18?  If so, you will be in the December Quit Group: http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?topic=52.0

Again, congratulations!  I am on day 100 and I quit with you today.

Who is Aumegrad ???? ...

What were his thoughts at 100 days ???? ... [url=http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?topic=722.0]HoF

Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win. (1 Corinthians 9:24)

Offline DesertDweller

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • No longer a dirt mouth.
  • Quit Date: 8/26/2018
  • Likes Given: 141
Did you see that SOB.....
« on: October 30, 2018, 01:09:30 PM »
.....that put dip into my mouth that first time when I was 16???? Oh, that's right, I see him in the mirror every day.

New to the forum...at least new to signing up. After today I'll be 66 days into my quit. I found this site looking for what to expect when quitting, and I swear I must have read that post over 100 times. Although it's a generalization and the quit/effects are different for everyone, it helps just to have somewhat of a grasp on what might be coming next.

Like everyone else, I was certain that no one was going through what I was/am, and I was pretty much going to die at some point in the near future. I thought I was the only one that changed their entire life for many years just to chew. I was certain no one else neglected their family because of some toxic mulch that I put in my mouth.

The longest I had stopped before this quit was a month, and I fell to the, "I can drink and not want to chew!" I tried to rationalize, and I came to realize it was just that.....rational lies. I find it so amazing the person that lies to us the most is ourselves. To hell with consequences, I'm going to do what I want....even if it kills me. Of course we don't tell ourselves that, but that's how I've acted.

Although not entirely to blame, chewing did contribute to my divorce 5 years ago. After that, the one thing I leaned into more than anything was chew. It helped to calm me down. Who cares if I had sores in my mouth and chewed anyways, hoping nothing bad happened. Who cares if my blood pressure was going up and up. Who cares if I was getting dizzy while I chewed...and not the normal kind of dizzy. Not once did it ever occur to me to stop. The thought never once crossed my mind. This time around, I quit for myself. There are times it's a struggle and there are times I think something bad still may happen. And if I'm being completely honest, I deserve for something bad to happen. Of course I don't want it to, but no one made me chew. If something bad does happen, I will accept it like a man and fight like hell to get through it.

I'm thankful for all of the members that have come and gone and left their wisdom for us newbies to read. Obviously there are a lot that are still around and it's great to hear what life free of chew can actually be like. I'm glad I came across a site solely dedicated to kicking the sh*t out of the can!

Thanks for the help!

DesertDweller

I pledge to be quit today!