Author Topic: 15YRDIPPER - INTRO  (Read 696 times)

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
Re: 15YRDIPPER - INTRO
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2015, 09:34:00 PM »
Quote from: 15YRDIPPER
Quote from: dougiequits
I'm with ya bro...12 years for me. I know what you mean about heart and especially the tongue (I can't even tell if it's in my head or for real). But I've been prisoner long enough. My wife doesn't even know that I do. She did when we first met in 8 years ago, but she thought I quit. It's the only secret I've ever kept from her.

I'd chew all day at work....and at home I'd spend 45 minutes to an hour in the bathroom taking my time getting into the shower. Just pretending to be on the can reading or something. Or waiting for her to go to bed and staying up until 3 in the morning dippin when I needed to be up at 6 for work.

No more for either of us...fuck it...we don't need it. I quite with you
thanks man. my wife has accepted it for the last 5 years but I can tell it bothers her. I would be an idiot to jeopardize a marriage over a can. theres bigger things in life. I'm going to start saving the money I would spend on skoal and take my wife on a vacation (when I hit 1 year) as a thank you for her patience.

you should come clean man. tell your wife what you were doing and what you are trying to achieve. I think she will help support the cause. I told mine and she asks about it when I get home and is there for support. She's your best friend, you need her.
Dougie great job my brother! The fog is a bitch! My guys at work still laugh at me and say damn boss you still in the fog. It came and went for me ,but it lasted a long time, not sure I'm still not in it occasionally!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline 15YRDIPPER

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-12-28
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2015, 09:08:00 PM »
Quote from: dougiequits
I'm with ya bro...12 years for me. I know what you mean about heart and especially the tongue (I can't even tell if it's in my head or for real). But I've been prisoner long enough. My wife doesn't even know that I do. She did when we first met in 8 years ago, but she thought I quit. It's the only secret I've ever kept from her.

I'd chew all day at work....and at home I'd spend 45 minutes to an hour in the bathroom taking my time getting into the shower. Just pretending to be on the can reading or something. Or waiting for her to go to bed and staying up until 3 in the morning dippin when I needed to be up at 6 for work.

thanks man. my wife has accepted it for the last 5 years but I can tell it bothers her. I would be an idiot to jeopardize a marriage over a can. theres bigger things in life. I'm going to start saving the money I would spend on skoal and take my wife on a vacation (when I hit 1 year) as a thank you for her patience.

you should come clean man. tell your wife what you were doing and what you are trying to achieve. I think she will help support the cause. I told mine and she asks about it when I get home and is there for support. She's your best friend, you need her.

Offline 15YRDIPPER

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2015, 09:01:00 PM »
I had my first dip when I was in 10th grade. I didn't make it a habit at that time but was trying other nicotine products in between. Even though I played soccer in colleague, I still smoked cig and dipped. I can honestly say nicotine ended my soccer career when I was a Junior in college. I preferred to drink and smoke/crew than exercise and play the sport I love. Now 15 years later, I regret my nicotine use, but I'm here to start new and try to get clean.

I've been itching to quit for the past two years. Mostly because my teeth are starting to move, turn color, and even feel like they may fall out. I even started to get little "balls" underneath my skin near the jaw line. The tip of my tongue also hurts and feels like its dying. I'm a huge foodie and all I taste lately is cardboard. My breath smells bad no matter how many times I floss/brush and I also think people can smell the nicotine on me. My wife says she can smell it sometimes in bed. I am also experiencing joint pain and a lot of numbness in my limbs. My heart also feels weird like its struggle to pump at times.

I know nicotine has done some damage to my body but I also know that our body recovers quickly if we make the right decisions. This is not going to be easy for me. The longest I went without nicotine was 5 days. It wasn't horrible and I could tell the difference already but the cravings is what dragged me back in. Making it to 100 days will be the biggest challenge of my life. I think the best techniques for me will be running/exercise, yoga, gum, sunflower seeds, and anything else that will keep my mind busy during the cravings. Any suggestions are appreciated.

I'm very excited to start this process and I look forward to visiting this site daily to help me. Nice to meet everyone and GOOD LUCK!
I'm going to copy off of another brother on here and post as needed to my own to keep a record of this journey. So far so goodÂ…I feel a slight headache coming on today and I can tell my face is somewhat stressed. I've thought a lot about dip today but I think its because I log in to read. Its only Day 2-3 or 55 hours. I did have a weird moment today. I was driving home this evening taking my normal route and for 20 seconds I had no idea where I was. It was like I was driving in unfamiliar territory... didn't recognize anything. For that time I started to freak and say to myself, where the fuck am I. Not sure if this was due to the quit but I never felt that before.

I'm actually challenging myself tonightÂ…I'm going to drink a few beers. Nothing crazy, just enough to get to a point where I would typically put in a fatty. I'll be ok. I do have the smokey mountain (sitting in my cabinet for 12 months) just in case but I'm going to smash this.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2015, 02:36:00 PM »
No luck for me or you, just quit. I didn't have luck the first week of hell I went through when I quit, but over a year later I post roll daily and know I am good for 24 hours.

Don't focus on Day 100, just get through today, post roll tomorrow, and I'll do the same.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2015, 01:05:00 PM »
Congrats on a great choice. You have received a bunch of good advice already. But I wanted to add my two cents...

The attitude you have when you start anything will large determine the result. If you start out thinking it will suck...it will. Change you attitude towards quitting. Think of it this way...you GET to feel this shitty because you CHOSE to be free. Every day of freedom is better than the last. You are doing something badass here. Nothing sucks about saving your own life!!!

Quit is a privilege reserved to those who have the guts to do it. You do!!! You should be pumped about that. Learn to laugh at the withdrawal symptoms. Those are just reminders of the old, shitty you. Now you are a badass quitter. And there is nothing that sucks about that!!!

CONGRATS!!!

Offline dougiequits

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2015, 08:35:00 AM »

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Likes Given: 329
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 06:01:00 AM »
Quote from: Stranger999
I had my first dip when I was in 10th grade. I didn't make it a habit at that time but was trying other nicotine products in between. Even though I played soccer in colleague, I still smoked cig and dipped. I can honestly say nicotine ended my soccer career when I was a Junior in college. I preferred to drink and smoke/crew than exercise and play the sport I love. Now 15 years later, I regret my nicotine use, but I'm here to start new and try to get clean.

I've been itching to quit for the past two years. Mostly because my teeth are starting to move, turn color, and even feel like they may fall out. I even started to get little "balls" underneath my skin near the jaw line. The tip of my tongue also hurts and feels like its dying. I'm a huge foodie and all I taste lately is cardboard. My breath smells bad no matter how many times I floss/brush and I also think people can smell the nicotine on me. My wife says she can smell it sometimes in bed. I am also experiencing joint pain and a lot of numbness in my limbs. My heart also feels weird like its struggle to pump at times.

I know nicotine has done some damage to my body but I also know that our body recovers quickly if we make the right decisions. This is not going to be easy for me. The longest I went without nicotine was 5 days. It wasn't horrible and I could tell the difference already but the cravings is what dragged me back in. Making it to 100 days will be the biggest challenge of my life. I think the best techniques for me will be running/exercise, yoga, gum, sunflower seeds, and anything else that will keep my mind busy during the cravings. Any suggestions are appreciated.

I'm very excited to start this process and I look forward to visiting this site daily to help me. Nice to meet everyone and GOOD LUCK!
We don't need luck to quit - we quit because we are determined to quit and we have people who will help us though the rough times. :)

You have found the right place if you really want to do this. All of those techniques that you listed sound great to me. I would just add posting roll in the April 16 group every morning, swapping digits with as many folks as you can here, and helping others when you can. Quitting with a team is infinitely more likely to keep you quit than quitting by yourself.

I quit with you today!
Sounds like time to get rid of nicotine before it gets rid of you. As you note, it will suck until it doesn't. Join with fellow quitters in April 16, exchange phone numbers, post roll every morning.

Keep two things in mind: you can beat the nicotine addiction today; it will get better.

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 244
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 01:54:00 AM »

We don't need luck to quit - we quit because we are determined to quit and we have people who will help us though the rough times. :)

You have found the right place if you really want to do this. All of those techniques that you listed sound great to me. I would just add posting roll in the April 16 group every morning, swapping digits with as many folks as you can here, and helping others when you can. Quitting with a team is infinitely more likely to keep you quit than quitting by yourself.

I quit with you today!

Offline 15YRDIPPER

• Quitter
15YRDIPPER - INTRO
« on: December 28, 2015, 09:38:00 PM »