Author Topic: Hello from rdad  (Read 12464 times)

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
Re: Hello from rdad
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2013, 08:13:00 PM »
Its not to bad. Here is how to post roll.

index.php?showtopic=50
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline mthompson311

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 07:23:00 PM »
Quote from: rdad
Pinched,
Good looking out, thank you. I think I get it. I'll try to get it in the right area tomorrow. I have never been much for social media so I am kinda stupid when it comes to this computer interaction. What is the difference between the "reply" and "quote" buttons?

rdad
welcome to the group, I have been here for 3 days now and it really helps. And its not about being computer smart or not because I am computer smart and couldnt navigate the site, its the fog from not dipping but it is passing. Let me know if you need anything.

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 05:44:00 PM »
rdad -

you are in the right place when it comes to quitting. All the info you find here is written by guys just like you and me that have lived through what you are going through. Use the info. Use us members. State how you are feeling, ask questions in the e-mail or in the threads or even jump into the live chat.

I quit right next to you, like others did for me. You can do this.

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 03:12:00 PM »
Pinched,
Good looking out, thank you. I think I get it. I'll try to get it in the right area tomorrow. I have never been much for social media so I am kinda stupid when it comes to this computer interaction. What is the difference between the "reply" and "quote" buttons?

rdad
Add reply doesn't include the previous text. For posting roll you want the original text to copy.

I simply hit "Quote" then go to the lower text box right-click and hit select all, then I hit Ctrl+X (cut command) then I paste that in the top text box with Ctrl+V to paste it in. Then I edit what I need and hit "Add Reply"
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 03:04:00 PM »
Pinched,

rdad

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 02:55:00 PM »
You got it bud. When you get a chance look at the March 2014 Quit group. I fixed your roll post for today. A-you posted in the bottom with the supporters (quit bras) but you should be in the quitters section, just above that. B-Someone bumped you which means that they inadvertently posted at or near the same time as you which caused you to drop off the list.

The good news is that you have people like me that should be working but are addicted to KTC now and I lurk all over and find shit like this.

Like I said we are all here for you at anytime, even if you call the land of fruits and nuts home.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 02:48:00 PM »
Thank you KK and Pinch. Great to be here!

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love to workout, RUN, and Weights. Hunter and a Fisherman. Golf is my passion.Wife and kids keep me busy.
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 02:42:00 PM »
Quote from: Pinched
Live in Sacto, CA. Have dipped AT LEAST a can a day for 16 years. 49 years old, wife, 2 kids. My  wife doesn't know the non-dipping me. Frankly, I cant remember him either. After quitting on Nov 22 (12 days ago!) I am seeing glimpses of what life can be like with out being ruled my a molecule that has no business in our bodies and screws with our brains. That nic is a demanding bitch isn't she? I wanted to be part of a group that understands what I am doing. My friends and family of course are excited but I know you guys and gals here really get what its about. Knowledge is Power! During the last 12 days I have done a lot of studying and once I understood what was really happening in my brain and my receptors I have no fear from what I am feeling and have totally embraced my quit! We are healing!
Every denied crave and trigger brings us that much closer to home. Home to a quiet brain that is at peace. All these craves and problems are nothing more than a chatty brain bitching cuz we are not feeding it what it has become accustomed to. Holy Shit! This is recovery and healing. It is a beautiful thing!
Well done sir!

Welcome to KTC, read all that you can read. Ask questions when they come up. Exchange contact info with other quitters. The cost for admission for this ride is posting roll daily. Do that as early as possible every day. When you can't use phone or text and have another quitter post for you. That is your promise to stay Nicotine free that day (this includes patches, dip, cigarettes, cigars, e-cigs, etc.). If it has Nicotine or Tobacco in it stay the hell away.

Do more than the minimum though, look through the site this place can and will save your life but you have to use it as a tool.

Holler at me if I can do anything to help you out.

Pinched
Listen to what Pinch has told you. We post roll every day it's the price of admission to be quit with us.

What you will get in return will blow your mind. Accountability, brotherhood, and believe it or not friends.

I have people I have never met, that I trust with my quit and I know if I need them they will be there.

We have quite a few CA folks, here on the site, I am from Hanford. Good to see you now, now jump in with both feet and rock this thing.

KK

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 02:08:00 PM »
Live in Sacto, CA. Have dipped AT LEAST a can a day for 16 years. 49 years old, wife, 2 kids. My wife doesn't know the non-dipping me. Frankly, I cant remember him either. After quitting on Nov 22 (12 days ago!) I am seeing glimpses of what life can be like with out being ruled my a molecule that has no business in our bodies and screws with our brains. That nic is a demanding bitch isn't she? I wanted to be part of a group that understands what I am doing. My friends and family of course are excited but I know you guys and gals here really get what its about. Knowledge is Power! During the last 12 days I have done a lot of studying and once I understood what was really happening in my brain and my receptors I have no fear from what I am feeling and have totally embraced my quit! We are healing!
Every denied crave and trigger brings us that much closer to home. Home to a quiet brain that is at peace. All these craves and problems are nothing more than a chatty brain bitching cuz we are not feeding it what it has become accustomed to. Holy Shit! This is recovery and healing. It is a beautiful thing!
Well done sir!

Welcome to KTC, read all that you can read. Ask questions when they come up. Exchange contact info with other quitters. The cost for admission for this ride is posting roll daily. Do that as early as possible every day. When you can't use phone or text and have another quitter post for you. That is your promise to stay Nicotine free that day (this includes patches, dip, cigarettes, cigars, e-cigs, etc.). If it has Nicotine or Tobacco in it stay the hell away.

Do more than the minimum though, look through the site this place can and will save your life but you have to use it as a tool.

Holler at me if I can do anything to help you out.

Pinched

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
Hello from rdad
« on: December 04, 2013, 02:01:00 PM »
Live in Sacto, CA. Have dipped AT LEAST a can a day for 26 years. 49 years old, wife, 2 kids. My wife doesn't know the non-dipping me. Frankly, I cant remember him either. After quitting on Nov 22 (12 days ago!) I am seeing glimpses of what life can be like with out being ruled by a molecule that has no business in our bodies and screws with our brains. That nic is a demanding bitch isn't she? I wanted to be part of a group that understands what I am doing. My friends and family of course are excited but I know you guys and gals here really get what its about. Knowledge is Power! During the last 12 days I have done a lot of studying and once I understood what was really happening in my brain and my receptors I have no fear from what I am feeling and have totally embraced my quit! We are healing!